Tice interview set for Tuesday; McCoy a finalist in Miami

Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy is supposed to interview for the Raiders head coaching vacancy in Denver today with Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie. If so, it might not mean much.
McCoy reportedly is one of three finalists for the Miami Dolphins coaching vacancy. One of the others is Dolphins interim coach Todd Bowles, who interviewed with McKenzie at the start of this process.
In other news, Bears offensive coordinator Mike Tice is scheduled to interview with McKenzie on Tuesday about the vacancy created by the firing of Hue Jackson on Jan. 10.
As for the Raiders assistant coaches, those under contract now are free to seek employment elsewhere, given the Raiders didn’t notify them Tuesday if they are going to be kept around.
League rules specify that coaches under contract are to be notified by the third Tuesday after the regular season ends if they aren’t going to be kept around or might be terminated.
McKenzie said that he will let the head coach make the determination on which coaches are asked back. Given the Raiders don’t have a head coach, no decision has been made.
No word yet on whether McKenzie has set up an interview with Green Bay Packers assistant head coach/linebackers coach Winston Moss.
Moss is thought to be a favorite for the job, based upon his strong relationship with McKenzie, as well as the fact that McKenzie has told people in the past that he intended to hire Moss as his head coach if he ever got in a position to make such a call.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

Albert #246:

Mark is a personna non gratis…..until he returns us to dynasty. He has no leverage whatsoever now.

• KoolKell Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 4:32 pm
    I hear the Raiders scouting debt is bare bones.

======================================

That’s been widely reported; Al ran EVERYTHING. I have no doubt Reggie’s been doing all kinds of hiring, firing, equipment purchases, etc.

alex7 Says: #249

LOL….yessss…..

• Al D. Davis Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 4:41 pm
    The minority owners should prosecute an oppression action and wrestle away control of the club from the Davis family, through injunction.

=============================================

The McGah family did try that a few years ago, and it was thrown out of court. The agreement that Ed McGah and Wayne Valley signed with Al back in the Johnson administration gives Al’s share of the team absolute 100% authority over everything.

• ghostraiders

241… thanks.. good post!!

• RobLowe Rob Lowe
    #Raider fans, used to party with Mark Davis and he tells me Ryan Leaf to be next coach, a done deal.
    4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

• One more thought: Reggie and Moss have known each other for years now. I doubt a formal “interview” is needed, as they’re already friends, know each other’s football strategy, etc.

This means that Reggie is going through every other candidate he might want to hire. If any of them blows him out of the water, then great! If not, he’ll bring Moss in last, discuss contract terms, and hire him probably that same day.

• MiamiRaider78

That’s what i’ll say when you’re gone. Less of your kind is needed in society spewing that hate. Have a goodnite old man, it might be a few years before we win a Superbowl, so you still have time to jump. Make sure you keep up with your meds and metamucil, thats if you plan on staying around any longer.

MiamiRaider78 Says:

“I was upset about what Al did with this team for awhile but to go and wish someone was dead…that’s foul.”

MiamiRaider,

AL was a blithering vegetable in a state of almost total dementia for the past 10 years. How else could we be rid of him, except that he died.

Thank God AL is dead !

• Alex Parsons and Loper are having an epic twitter battle right now. I wish we kept Loper, he seems like a cool guy.

• MiamiRaider78 Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 4:40 pm

ALL OF YOU BECAME RAIDER FANS WHILE AL WAS STILL THE OWNER AND GM!!!

==================================

You never know. There may be some some old guys in here who were totally enamored with the innovative play calling of Eddie Erdelatz and Red Conkright.

Hey, stranger things have happened…

RaiderDuck #254:

Yes I have heard that, regarding that agreement. Still can be challenged though.

• Al D. Davis Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 4:52 pm
    MiamiRaider78 Says:

MiamiRaider,

Thank God AL is dead !

===========================================

• MiamiRaider78

I’m done with you. Take it easy.

MiamiRaider78, #258:

Am just saying Miami, you have no idea what being in a state of dynasty was all about. If you choose to spew hate toward those of us who do remember and experienced it, good enough for you: it’s a free country with free expression guaranteed under the the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

RaiderDuck # 263:

“Isn’t it fun when Internet trolls feel free to say all sorts of hateful garbage that would get them punched in the mouth in real life?”

Let me ask you something RaiderDuck: to feel bad that AL is gone now, and the club setting the stage for the club to return to dynasty…..and it’s rightful place in the NFL ?

• al d. davis

Let me ask you something RaiderDuck: do you** feel bad that AL is gone now, and the club setting the stage for the club to return to dynasty…..and it’s rightful place in the NFL ?

• MiamiRaider78

RaiderDuck Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 4:55 pm
    Al D. Davis Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 4:52 pm
    MiamiRaider78 Says:

MiamiRaider,

Thank God AL is dead !

===========================================

===========================================
    I don’t know everything that goes on behind closed doors at the Raiders facilities nor am I an NFL scout or insider like some of the guys on here. I love reading most of the posts because I learn plenty and when ever I come across a fan talking shet about my boys, I shut em down. It’s just crazy that so called Raider fans come in her dogging the franchise that they support and then you have all the extra curricular activities that has absolutely nothing to do with football. Pisses me off. Oh well, I’m not going anywhere and there will be a time when I am no longer a Raider fan and thats when I’m

DEAD.

• al d. davis

If you feel good that the stage is now set for the club to return to dynasty and its rightful place in the NFL: Then thank God AL is dead !

• Al D. Davis Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 5:01 pm

=======================================

Am I glad that he’s no longer in charge of the Raiders? Yes.

Am I glad that he’s dead. NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Human life and its value far outweighs even football, believe it or not.

MiamiRaider78:

It’s okay dude, please don’t be confused. As soon as the club begins approaching dynasty, you’ll look back and recall what I am saying is correct……since you, the fans, the Nation, and I, will be on Cloud 9 once again after 29 long season of loss, and imperfection.

RaiderDuck #270

RaiderDuck, I know what you are saying as I was once diagnosed with a fatal disease and beat it. However, I wouldn’t heavy up so much. This is a blog, and is supposed to be fun, with open and even impertinent expression!

• MiamiRaider78

Al D, Thank God you overcame that fatal disease. Doesn’t that sound better? lol
    I meant that too.

• Silverandblack666

#272 So it would have been cool if you died just like you think its cool that Al died?

• ghostraiders

I have a friend who was wooping it up after after al davis died. . He was laughing and cheering like he had won the lottery. . Some of us just stared at him. . With dismay.. I actually felt bad for him for cheering al Davis’s death… well the following week after Davis passed his father had a heart attack and died.. he was crying like a lil boy… and I felt bad for him.. you reap what you sow man..

• djohnnyg

2.MistaBrown Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 1:54 pm
    BFD

I appreciate that you’ve put this into such keen perspective.

MiamiRaider78: #273
    thanks Miami.

Silverandblack666 #274

Silverandblack:

I don’t think personally “its cool AL died”. I thank God that AL passed, so that his outrageous and unfettered, demented control of the Raiders came to an end, so that we can again experience dynasty on principles that AL created in the first place.

• ghostraiders

People that wish death on others don’t deserve anything good in their own lives… we get what we deserve. . There’s no dynasty comming to the Raiders now just because davis died.. incredible to listen to garbage like this from supposed Raiders fans..

• Any word on why McCoy declined to interview with us?

• Method To My Madness Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Rice is the softest btch ever…hope she dies in a car cash or the virus finally gets her.

• Silverandblack666 Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 5:18 pm

—————————————
    Method To My Madness Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 2:59 pm

——————————————
    Ghostraiders Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 5:24 pm

• One Eyed Pirate

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with Puerto Ricans?

• Torto34

Please folks,help needed….I’m in Europe,and still trying to figure out the best radio station talking Raiders 24/7. I’m listening to 95.7 the game,but recently they just talk about the whiners,and I’m rather pissed….any suggestions for something better?
    Thanks,Nation!

• jmeds

Man, I am a little worried, I can’t lie. I wasn’t impressed with McKenzie overall presence during the press conference. Now seeing his head coaching candidtates and I am even more worried. Letting Hue go is going to be the biggest mistake we have made in a long time and we have had some blunders. He was outspoken, made some mistakes but had endured alot this year as a first year HC and produced in the area he had control in, really though. We should have been a playoff team this year but the injury bug kicked our arse. With Hue, I truly believed we would be a playoff team to be reckoned with next year. Now I feel as if we are back at square one. McKenzie better know what he is doing….

• beach

Cfrylopez, Thanks for the link. Heck no to LA. They have enough problems with thugs already. South Central LA makes Oakland look like a safe city.

• One Eyed Pirate

I’m not joking. Does anyone have any experience dealing with Puerto Ricans?

• jmcclain

JT Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 2:34 pm
    Alex7 Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 2:31 pm
    I want to see Oregon coach Chip Kelly in the NFL down the road

Guy put up 45+ points TWICE on 49ers D-Coordinator Fagano.

chip kelly, how come he hanst atracted interest? that would be a very intriguin hire….
    ——————–

Born and raised in Portland Oregon ducks is all we got out her other then blazers. Ducks are life here in Oregon. Chip was linked to the dolphins as far as being contacted for a head coach spot. Chip is king out here he pretty much has it made awesome team getting good recruits comming here. State of the art practice facility the one and only Nike backing him and this school. Chip would be a great OC in the nfl but have a good feeling he gonna be here go awhile.

• djohnnyg

280.The Realist Dirty Raccoon Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 5:27 pm
    Any word on why McCoy declined to interview with us?

Word is he’s trying to show Miami how committed he is to their HC gig.

I’m guessing he knows he doesn’t have a real shot at it and why risk losing the Miami job (which he has a better chance for) by interviewing with Raiders.

• djohnnyg

We all want change for the better. We all want to win, but i still say firing your HC every dang year is bad for business.

It shows lack of stability.

Everyone wants a situation where they can feel somewhat secure.

What message have the Raiders been sending EVERY year almost?

• One Eyed Pirate

PRs are like the white trash version of Hispanic people.

• beach

284. They aren’t going to talk about anything else this week. That is the best station to get Raiders news. I heard an idiot ex 49er Randy Cross on KNBR yesterday. The moron thinks the 49ers winning their 1st SB in 1981 was the 1st time the Bay Area had a winner. The A’s already had won 3 WS and the Raiders 2 SB and even the Warriors had 1 NBA Title. I can’t listen to that station. They act as if Oakland does not exist.

• One Eyed Pirate

I hope the 49ers win the Super Bowl so the Raiders will feel like schmucks and try harder.

ghostraiders #279

So Ghostraiders, I suppose you have a little shrine in your living room dedicated to the memories of: 1) Adolf Hitler; 2) Suddam Hussein; 3) Momamar Khaddfi; 4) sad at their passing and hoping that they all re-incarnate to bring back upon this world their cheery ways and actions?

Thanks for your moralizing pal, I am just not buying it.

• beach

293. I’d rather the Patriots win! Your logic did not work the last 4 times the 49ers won it all.

• beach

294. I don’t think Raider fans celebrated when they heard the news of Al’s passing. I was fed up with his style of course, but I honestly stopped bashing him about a year before his passing. You can tell his time was coming.

beach Says: #296

True enough Beach.

• Raiders for life

287.One Eyed Pirate Says:
    January 18th, 2012 at 5:45 pm
    I’m not joking. Does anyone have any experience dealing with Puerto Ricans?

#######################

Your gonna have to watch some re-runs of Sanford and Son.

One Eyed Pirate #’s 283, 291:

Okay One Eye, please take notice that I am a member of the PC (Politically Correct) Web Police, and you may have breached web guidelines regarding you racist question and comments about the good people of Puerto Rican descent.

With that being said, I will keep a firm watch on you from hereonin, and depending upon your posts, may have to report you to a higher authority.

That notwithstanding, if you keep your posts on topic: Raiders; AL Davis; AL Davis’ death; resurrection of Raiders dynasty; reorganization of Raiders; and, choice of an HC and sub-coaches, you will remain in compliance with the Web Code of Political Correctness, and will not suffered fine, imprisonment, or castigation by other bloggers or postee’s on this site.

• beach

When you look at Harbaugh and compare him to Hue, it is embarrassing. Hue talked smack and could not back it up. Harbaugh is working wonders with Alex Smith! I think that ends this Sunday, but come on. They, just like us, hadn’t did a darn thing since 2002!