Raiders call report ‘untrue’ about McKenzie hire — UPDATED

Raiders new general manager Reggie McKenzie is busy scouring the countryside for a head coach to take the place of the fired Hue Jackson. The Raiders issued a statement saying it is “untrue” that McKenzie hired Sean Jones as his assistant general manager.
PackerReport.com said earlier today that McKenzie hired Jones. The Raiders wasted little time debunking the report.
Jones, 49, played for the Raiders from 1984-87. He finished his career with a three-year stint with the Green Bay Packers. Coincidentally, those were McKenzie’s first three years with the Packers in their front office.
Jones has worked in the Raiders front office in the past.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• RaiderTiv

I can not believe all you lovers of this Mackenzie hire. You all sheep! drink some more of that Koolaide please!! I wonder if Mackenzie has undergone brain scans to see if he has any brains left? too many concusions?

the Raiders went from BAD TO WORSE!!!

• Silverandblack666

“Genius, babbling on again incoherently.
    Understand is not 2 words. Feel free to return to 6th grade or maybe your mum can home school you!”

Wow where to start with this….a fragmented sentence, poor spelling, weak retort or using my jokes I just made back at me.

Whats next there Einstein “I am rubber you are glue whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you”

That’s about as good as it gets for a simpleton like you Brownstains.

• al d. davis

MistaBrown Says: #45
    January 20th, 2012 at 2:26 pm

“You love a post talking about anther man from the waist down. You sick deranged little bed wetter!”

MistaBrown, I never post a statement talking about a man naked from the waist down unless it’s in reference to rolling around with Jerry Sandusky. Consider it a syllogism as to my disgust and aversion to whomever I link to Sandusky. Plus there is some humor to it, as
    Silverandblack666 would attest.

Hope I cleared that up for you!

• Dakota

Guys, can we put down the purses and get back to talking about what is really important right now……

…..the Lakers.

• Silverandblack666

You are an inbreed simpleton who writes at the 4th grade level. I am not sure who is at fault here, your drug addict parents for mentally impairing you while you were in the womb or the amount of meth you have consumed in your pathetic unemployed life.

I would guess both!

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Am I the only one who’s noticed a HUGE drop in this blog’s maturity level over the last week?

• Silverandblack666

“MistaBrown Says: #45
    January 20th, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Silverandblack666 would attest.

Hope I cleared that up for you!”

Nice post AL D!

However I seriously doubt old Brownstains has the mental capacity to even know what a syllogism is.

By the way I found your post to be very amusing, it made me laugh which is why I come here for cheap entertainment.

Thank you.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Al D,
    Sandusky jokes were funny for about 30mins after the story broke. That was 2 months ago, ok? The only imbecile that would be amused at a Sandusky joke is you and 1 other tard in here.

Now we are both clear!

• Just Fire Baby

Well if we hire Sean Jones, now some of those occupy bozo’s can have someone worthwhile to protest against.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Peymour666Glen,

You have been typing like a mental retard for the last hour. Even though I have reposted all your incoherent babble you still accuse me of being uneducated!

lmao

• Just Fire Baby

I believe Raider O would be happy with this hire.

Mortgage fraud, shifty investments, etc.

Although, something kind of funny about ripping off a dude named Ebenezer. How’s that for irony?

• Silverandblack666

Just meet me for a beer we can talk this out face to face man to tard.

• Forrest Hump

51.

Completely ignorant statement because he hasnt really actually done anything yet. Gonna judge a guy by his first 2 weeks on the job?? I bet if your employers did that to you, you’d be f*cked.

• Raider Dawg

RaiderDuck Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

_____________________________________________________

• Forrest Hump

Can someone please just drag Brownstains out into the street and shoot him already??

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Can you have your short bus drop you off in Oaktown? Or maybe your mom can give you a ride ?
    _______

Silverandblack666 Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Just meet me for a beer we can talk this out face to face man to tard.

• Silverandblack666

“RaiderDuck Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

_____________________________________________________

The last week? It has been a steady, continual decline for years. (Though the offseason is always worse.)”

Its just a few people like Sanducky44 KoolKell or Brownstains.

The rest of us get sucked into arguments with them and today that person was me.

I apologize guys I am done ripping on the poor little guy.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

You got sucked into an argument?
    lmfao
    Wow, I have never seen such a deranged loon in my life!
    ______

Silverandblack666 Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 2:50 pm

• al d. davis

Silverandblack666 # 57:

Silverandblack, thanks for the compliment. I try to make all my posts entertaining full of black humor and terrible irony. I agree with you that blogs should consist of clever repartee with no need to personally attack fellow bloggers. However, with MistaBrown, what can we say?

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder
  • Dakota

kobe lost $75 AND all three mansions?

Now that is some major hush money!

• qodrn1

Golly, it is getting hard to keep up.

Tuesday or Wednesday, Reggie was in Denver.

Thursday, did the guy go to Green Bay?

Where is Reggie today?

Maybe he will be at Candlestick on Sunday, or at the next Warrior game.

• Dakota

$75 million****

• ghostraiders

I’m hoping Reggie is willing to wait on some coordinators from this weeks games… he’ probably wants to interview DC from the Giants.. and if that’s the case.. its cool with me.

• Silverandblack666

This blog is a form of entertainment and sometimes has insightful information on our team.

If you expect anything else you will be disappointed.

I have tired on several occasions to treat Brownstains with respect or as a peer but when I do he responds even worse then when he is ripped on.

Back to the HC search……

• YoungAmerican

Some possible scenarios:

HC – Todd Bowles, Winston Moss
    DC – Bill Sheridan, Dean Pees, Mike Trgovac, Jack Del Rio
    OC – Al Saunders, Todd Haley, Tom Clements

Trade Darren McFadden for a 2nd and 4th
    Trade Tommy Kelly for a 3rd
    Trade Richard Seymour for a 3rd and 5th
    Trade Rolando McClain for a 4th

This will give the Raiders considerable salary cap relief (if I’m not mistaken, it would clear about $30 million from the books for 2012).

The Raiders should also restructure the contracts of Michael Huff, Kamerion Wimbley, Stanford Routt, Kevin Boss, and Carson Palmer if they haven’t already.

Next, they should try to re-sign SS Tyvon Branch, FB Marcel Reece, OL Stephon Heyer, DL Desmond Bryant, LS Jon Condo, and make a competitive offer to RB Michael Bush. Try to retain C Samson Satele and FS Matt Giordano for depth.

2 – DT/NT Dontari Poe, DE/OLB Vinny Curry, RB Chris Polk, or DT Fletcher Cox
    3 – RB Doug Martin, DT/NT Alameda Ta’amu, or RB Cyrus Gray
    3 – LB Danny Trevathan, LB Keenan Robinson, or CB Leonard Johnson
    3 (compensatory) – OL Jeff Allen, LB Nigel Bradham, or OL Levy Adcock
    4 – DE Julian Miller, DE Jake Bequette or OL Lucas Nix
    4 – DT/NT Dom Hamilton, S George Iloka, or WR DeVier Posey
    4 (compensatory) – OL Matt Ryan, OL Alex Hurst, or RB Bernard Pierce
    5 – WR Lavasier Tuinei, WR Greg Childs, or DT Tydreke Powell
    5 – S Harrison Smith, S Blake Gideon, DT Marcus Forston, or LB Chris Galippo
    6 – RB Tauren Poole. RB Daniel Herron, RB Bobby Rainey, or RB Terrance Ganaway

FA targets:
    DL – DE Mario Williams, DT/NT Paul Soliai, or DE Cliff Avril
    DB – CB Brandon Carr, FS Dashon Goldson, CB Richard Marshall, or CB Tracy Porter
    LB – MLB Dan Connor or MLB Barrett Ruud
    QB- QB Josh Johnson or QB Shaun Hill

If Bush leaves, sign RB Mike Tolbert or RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Players who might not return: WR T.J. Houshmanzadeh, QB Kyle Boller, OT Khalif Barnes, LB Darryl Blackstock, LB Aaron Curry, LB Ricky Brown, LB Quentin Groves, DE Trevor Scott, DT John Henderson, S Jerome Boyd, S Hiram Eugene, CB Bryan McCann, CB Lito Sheppard, and CB Chris Johnson.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

HaHa
    I think Joe wanted an agent that can stay up past 4pm and be able to actually list the house. KK Munster probably deals with forecloser’s and section 8 housing contracts.
    _______

exlaraiderseasonticketholder Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Did KoolKell get the listing on Montana’s vacation home?

• Dakota

Trade Darren McFadden for a 2nd and 4th
    Trade Tommy Kelly for a 3rd
    Trade Richard Seymour for a 3rd and 5th
    Trade Rolando McClain for a 4th

Man YoungAm, you are seriously overvaluing Raider players!

• The Big Banana

Hey Misty Eyes – looks like Troy Smith has taken his hall of fame act to Pittsburgh. Think he’ll oust Ben? Lmao!

How come we didn’t see you fall all over yourself over Alex Smith’s play this year? Never mind..

• YoungAmerican

Man YoungAm, you are seriously overvaluing Raider players!

—————-

The Raiders could easily get that in compensation for Kelly and Seymour.

The Raiders should TRY to get that for McFadden and McClain, but if they can’t their contracts should simply be restructured.

• ghostraiders

Dakota. … what do you think about Kobe??? The Guy is probably the second best player of all time… but he’s also a $hithead… the Guy is a major jerk… I’m glad he’s a Laker but he will never be my favorite Laker. Magic Johnson still my favorite laker of all time… I’m sure Kobe doesn’t give an F what anyone thinks of him… but I could see that Guy ending up like o.j. Simpson .. I hope Vanessa doesn’t start sporting a young white waiter from Beverly Hills… or its on!!

• Seymour Bush

Silverandblack666 Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Watching him fumble words and barely construct a sentence is almost painful.
    =========================================

you should try to see him do simple math. If it wasn’t soooo funny it would be sad and pathetic. Acutally, I guess it is sad and pathetic.

• http://ggeden.blogspot.com/ GG

No doubt McKenzie is doing due diligence in the HC search before interviewing his intended Moss. The wait is good this time around, as it means he’s got candidates in mind with the remaining playoff teams.

The only constructive criticism I have regarding McKenzie’s “my guy” approach is creating a network of friends inside Raiders org, like nepotism, that ends up resulting in a break-down of accountability down the chain of command. Having “work only” relationships probably more conducive to that.

• Seymour Bush

MistaBrown Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 2:48 pm

======================================

Half the town gave your mom a “ride”.

• The Big Banana

Increased security for this weekend’s game in SF. Gee, I wonder why? Must be because of those terrifying saints and giants fans. Schmucks!

And yet us Raider fans get a bad rap. Those wannabe gangstas and cholos you’re looking for are across the bay. Our fans are better than that.

• Dakota

81.ghostraiders Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 3:02 pm
    +++++++++++++++++++

Hey, I can’t fault that line of thinking. Of course I like Kobe for what he did for the Lakers. He also brought along a ton of grief. Very entertaining player. Burning desire to win. But very difficult to love.

Magic, Worthy, Scott, Coop, & the Captain and crew will always get the nod from me when comparing the Lakers of the 80s to both sets of Kobe’s title teams.

Magic will always be #1 in my eyes.

• ghostraiders

Big banana. .. LOL.. I saw a lot of wannabe cholos vs the saints. . .they looked like it was their first time at a football game.. wearing their new red Jerseys. It looked like a bad remake of the movie..” colors”

• raiderzmaverick

raiderzmaverick Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 3:11 pm

“Raider Dawg Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Can somebody watch this and tell us (who can’t watch it) what Silver is saying?

==============================================
    Basically said that he thought that Marc Davis should have been more thorough in his search for a GM and he trusted well versed guys who possibly have been away from that part of the game for many years who might not have fully up to date info.

He thought that McKenzie is a hire which looks good on paper and hopes it turns into something. Also thinks that firing Jackson was a bad idea…because he asks if the coaches we bring in are going to be better than him.

Mainly that’s it and then went into other football stuff.

• http://build-a-bully 909RaiderLifer

Golly, it is getting hard to keep up.

Tuesday or Wednesday, Reggie was in Denver.

Thursday, did the guy go to Green Bay?

Where is Reggie today?

Maybe he will be at Candlestick on Sunday, or at the next Warrior game.

“““““““““““““““““““““““““““`
    I think he is in GB. In an effort to save some $$, McKenzie an Winston Moss are splitting the cost of a U-haul. They are just about done loading, and will be heading west at dawn tomorrow.

John Herrera will be in charge of overseeing the scouting dept. At the Senior Bowl next week….

• ghostraiders

Dakota. .. Always have great memories of the 80s Lakers.. My favorite part of that decade was that we beat the fricken Boston Celtics not once but twice… 80s Lakers. .Best of All Time..IMO.

• da trinity

I vote yes on raiders to LA and I’m a real raider fan

• Dakota

It has been about what, 10 days or so since Reggie was hired?

I can’t imagine how some of you impatient people waited to unwrap your presents at Christmas time!

I’ll bet you snuck out of your rooms in the middle of the night and peeled back the paper to see what you were getting.

At least we know the delay is not because our GM sleeps until 3pm and can’t get a decent candidate to return a call.

McKenzie is just taking his time to make a good decision.

I read the report on the Kobe settlement. Only thing missing was any mention of Child Support. That is what put Terrell Owens in financial duress. Good thing Kobe has all that Nike money coming in.

• Dakota

90.ghostraiders Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 3:15 pm
    ++++++++++++

I was pretty young for the first 3 titles in the 80s, but watching them beat the Celtics and that nail biter against the Pistons back to back was great.

I still fkin hate the Pistons as much as I hate the Celtics.

McKenzie is just taking his time to make a good decision.

=============================
    McKenzie is spending too much time looking for a barber for Captain Kangaroo.

• Dakota

93.exlaraiderseasonticketholder Says:
    January 20th, 2012 at 3:16 pm
    ++++++++++++

So much for the hope that Kobe would restructure his contract (like KG did) to get a yopunger, more talented team around him for his final push for the Ring to Match Jordan.

• http://build-a-bully 909RaiderLifer

“““““““““““““““““““““““““““`
    Guilty, your Honor…..

• The Big Banana

Aren’t they a trip, ghost? The new face of the Niners. Used to be wine and cheese. Now it’s cholos in hairnets that talk like Pit Bull clones. Lmao!

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

According to Twitter, Reggie’s interviewing Morhninweg today.

• RaiderLen

Well it looks as though we dodged the Philbin bullet.

Miami bound.