NFL Network: Waufle to Rams as DL coach

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Saturday, January 21st, 2012 at 7:31 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Defensive line coach Mike Waulfe will be the second Raiders assistant coach to leave for another job while the club awaits the hire of a new head coach, according to the NFL Network.

Waufle, who coached the last two seasons with the Raiders after an earlier stint from 1998-2003, was added to the staff of the St. Louis Rams Friday, according to Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network.

Wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal accepted a job with the New York Jets earlier this week.

Waufle was in attendance at the press conference of new general manager Reggie McKenzie, who said he will leave it to the new Raiders head coach to make all hires on his staff. McKenzie is still in the process of interviewing prospective candidates.

As of Friday, Waufle was still included on the Raiders’ roster of assistant coaches.

• Dakota

Sources: Raider Reggie McKenzie’s search for the next head coach of the Oakland Raiders has been delayed as he awaits the chance to interview Cam Cameron, offensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

lefty12 Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:34 pm
    Too bad when the old man made the trade we couldn’t have gotten Wilford like he wanted instead of Seymour.
    ===============================================
    Agreed. But its doubtful that New England would trade a difference maker like Wilfork in his prime years of production.

Much better to trade a player like Seymour who’s best years were behind him for that 1st rounder.

and therein lies the problem in my opinion. Too much reaching for players who’s best years are behind them….the Raiders end of buying the regressing years of these old veterans.

I can only hope Carson Palmer is an exception

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Dakota Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:47 pm
    ===================================================
    I hope that Reggie is waiting to talk to Chuck Pagano and Perry Fewel.

Again, the penalties and B.S would go out the door

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I don’t remember Al trying to get Wilfork. How do you know that?

• jmcclain

So raiders allready interviewed moss but no one knows until now. Marty mornhingen is the front runner to get the job. Is the nation happy bout this. I’m not

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Trading draft picks for players hasn’t really worked out.

Randy Moss – 1st rounder
    deAngelo Hall – 2nd rounder
    Richard Seymour – 1st rounder
    Carson Palmer – 1st & 2nd rounder ?????

• Dakota

SnB offense defense specialteams Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:55 pm
    Trading draft picks for players hasn’t really worked out.

Randy Moss – 1st rounder
    deAngelo Hall – 2nd rounder
    Richard Seymour – 1st rounder
    Carson Palmer – 1st & 2nd rounder ?????
    ++++++++

Redskins tried this for a few years….didn’t work out for them either.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

I have no problem with Morningweigh if this is the guy Reggie thinks should be the man.

He wouldn’t be my choice…but I will trust Reggie’s judgement.

The biggest thing I want to see is a Head Coach that manages the team and an OC, DC, ST that each run their sides of the ball and call the plays.

• Dakota

Ben-Stiller Cam Jarvis Red Green Monta Ellis for the TD!!!!!!!!

• realtruraider

354.Raider O Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:50 pm
    I don’t remember Al trying to get Wilfork. How do you know that?

==============================================

Thats who Al called the patriots about, they didn’t want to deal him but they offered up Seymour

• Dakota

How many names does one dude need? Dikembe is even laughing at that guy.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Dakota,

About the only time I can see trading a top pick for a player is something like the Jay Cutler situation.

Where you get an top talent that still has SEVERAL prime production years ahead of him. Which means a player somewhere between 25 and 28 years old.

Once a player gets to 33-35…..they decline quickly

• http://Raiders.com RaiderTW

I understand that Detroit was a black vortex for alot of coaches, etc. is Morningwig that bad or is his name that bad?
    What’s the knock on Jack Del Rio?

• SnB offense defense specialteams

1st round picks are for getting elite players that can give you high levels of production from 21 – 31 or 10 years or so.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

They ran it for the TD. Damn! I hate both teams, but I hate the pats more than any team in the NFL including:
    Division teams
    Whiners
    Ravens
    Giants
    Jets

My other favorite NFL team (IF I had to pick one) would be GB. The Fans own the team.

• Thec07

SnB offense defense specialteams Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:55 pm
    Trading draft picks for players hasn’t really worked out.

Randy Moss – 1st rounder
    deAngelo Hall – 2nd rounder
    Richard Seymour – 1st rounder
    Carson Palmer – 1st & 2nd rounder ?????

++++++++++
    The above list could be at least 5 diff makers/starters.

These days are over…With a sound personnel dept, you can build thru the draft…

• BewareofRaiders

Is it possible we can get carmichael as our OC? Of we have to get him to be HC

• jesusraiderjim

363 I think Del Rio is still getting paid. He will get back in the game after a couple years off IMO

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

360,

Thank you, but how do you know that?

• realtruraider

I guess Detroit went 9-7 the year before Marty got there, Then he took the same team and only won 2 games

• RaiderSam

The above list could be at least 5 diff makers/starters.

These days are over…With a sound personnel dept, you can build thru the draft…
    ===============

McKenzie has his work cut out….Ravens driving for a score to tie…lets see if they can punch it in, Pats up 10-3

• Thec07

Once a player gets to 33-35…..they decline quickly

++++++++

the pats have made it a sceince in getting all they can out of guys then at a certain age or contract term they pawn them off to some unsuspecting dupe, and get primium picks….

• realtruraider

369,

Thats what was being reported

• jesusraiderjim

Fluko looks like the guy on the Tapitio hot sauce bottle. Wish he would get it in gear I hate the Pats

• Just Fire Baby

That guy New England drafted with the Seymour pick (Solder) is dominating.

I would trade them Seymour back and another #1 pick for him as our RT.

• Dakota

realtruraider Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:59 pm
    354.Raider O Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:50 pm
    I don’t remember Al trying to get Wilfork. How do you know that?

==============================================

++++++++

That’s the story I remember as well Raider O. The old bait and switch.

• http://raiders.com Albert

CharleyCasserly Charley Casserly
    .@RAIDERS have officially requested permission to @Packers DC Dom Capers; has not interviewed yet.
    50 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Retweeted by CorkOnTheNFL

• SnB offense defense specialteams

If Carson Palmer still has fuel in the tank and can give the Raiders 2 or 3 more years….then Morningweigh should be able to do something with him.

In detroit, he had Joey Harrington

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

TW,

I wanted to keep Saundes, Waufle, Wylie, Wiz, and Rod.
    HC: Moss
    DC/ Assistant HC: Del Rio keep 4-3 defense.
    OC: Saunders

• RaiderSam

Thec07 Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 1:05 pm
    Once a player gets to 33-35…..they decline quickly

++++++++

=========

Pats are good at finding players ; Danny Woodhead, BJ Green-Ellis, Julian Edelman, the back ups simply just come off from vets (the way the Raiders used to do it)

Pats get special teams guys who can also contribute to sub packages

• Dakota

I read some article that said Barnes is a must-resign guy for the Raiders?

WTF is that a joke?

• RaiderSam

SnB Offense Defense Specialteams Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 1:06 pm

In detroit, he had Joey Harrington
    ================

I agree. decent hire

• RaiderSam

TD Dennis Pitta, Ravens tie.

they needed that one

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Here you go Joe!

• Dakota

Jeeez, every channel I turn on has the Paterno story, even the major news networks….you’d think the Pope died or something.

• Thec07

article that said Barnes is a must-resign guy for the Raiders?

++++++++++==

Talking banes gets my blood boiling…If i could hate someone he would be that guy…

• RaiderSam

Dakota Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 1:05 pm
    realtruraider Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:59 pm
    354.Raider O Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:50 pm
    I don’t remember Al trying to get Wilfork. How do you know that?

==============================================

++++++++

That’s the story I remember as well Raider O. The old bait and switch.
    ==============

Neither won a Super Bowl after the deal, so it was actually a good deal for the Raiders, because they got to .500.

That being said , they have under-achieved, and are not getting the most out of highly paid players like Huff, Wimbley, etc.

• Thec07

Pats are good at finding players

+++++++++=

This is wehre I hope to see the biggest improvement with the org…TeGM being able to build thru the draft, and find that talent…

No more reaches
    No more prospects
    No more converts

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Dakota,

Since all of you agree, I’m assuming it was mentioned by the media.
    I’m very familiar with the good ol’ Bait & Switch.

• Dakota

RaiderSam Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 1:11 pm
    Dakota Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 1:05 pm
    realtruraider Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:59 pm
    354.Raider O Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:50 pm
    I don’t remember Al trying to get Wilfork. How do you know that?

==============================================

++++++++

That’s the story I remember as well Raider O. The old bait and switch.
    ==============

++++++++++

Actually, the Pats still have a chance to win the SB in the first year with the pick they got from us don’t they?

• Dakota

Raider O Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 1:13 pm
    Dakota,

Since all of you agree, I’m assuming it was mentioned by the media.
    I’m very familiar with the good ol’ Bait & Switch.
    ++++++++

IU believe Bilicheat talked about it.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

We should use M Reece same way the Pats use A Hernandez.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

To be honest, I was generally indifferent to trading the draft picks before the Carson deal. The reason was I didn’t feel Al Davis put the proper value on the 1st and 2nd round picks and ended up using them to draft reaches.

With Reggie and staff making the picks AND the new salary agreeement for rookies….those top picks are worth a heck of a lot more.

Hue should not have traded those draft picks for 32 year old Carson Palmer

• Dakota

I wasn’t sure which team I wanted to win this game, but I am finding myself rooting for the Pats.

I think I am still pissed about the Fat Fuk Flop that cost us a SB in 2001. More pissed at the Ravens about that deliberate play than I am at the Pats about the refs fking us in the early part of the playoffs in the Snow Job game.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Too bad we didn’t get Wilfork. He is younger, and he is better against the run. He can also rush the passer, but not as good as Seymour.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Raider O Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 1:18 pm
    ========================================
    Trades for vets like Seymour and Palmer should be no higher than a 2nd rounder…….and that would be a mid-2nd rounder to boot.

AND the team should be on the cusp of doing something great….not just trying to get over.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I hate the Pats! I’m still pi$$ed about the tuck rule.

• RaiderSam

Dakota Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 1:13 pm
    RaiderSam Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 1:11 pm
    Dakota Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 1:05 pm
    realtruraider Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:59 pm
    354.Raider O Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 12:50 pm
    I don’t remember Al trying to get Wilfork. How do you know that?

==============================================

++++++++

That’s the story I remember as well Raider O. The old bait and switch.
    ==============

++++++++++

===========
    Irrelevant. They already won and had Tom Brady.

too much was made about “what we gave up”. What the f&%k did we do when we had the pick?

JaMarcus Russell, Huff, McLain – not ONE impact player

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Damn!

• Dakota

Raider O Says:
    January 22nd, 2012 at 1:21 pm
    I hate the Pats! I’m still pi$$ed about the tuck rule.
    +++++++++++++++++++++

I hate them too, but what was worse, a deliberate attempt to injure our starting qb in the afc championship, or the refs fking us against the pats. The Pats really didn’t have anything to do with that. I hate what it started, but really the Ravens fked us on purpose.