Report: GM says coach could be hired by Saturday

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, January 23rd, 2012 at 8:48 am in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie said upon arrival in Mobile, Ala., for the Senior Bowl he could have a head coach in place by the end of the week.

“It could happen by Saturday,’’ McKenzie told CSN-Bay Area.

McKenzie did not confirm or deny any candidates reported by various media outlets. Regarding an NFL Network report that an interview with Packers assistant Winston Moss did not go well, McKenzie said, “That’s far from the truth.’’

Among the candidates who McKenzie has reportedly either talked to or plans to talk to include Miami interim coach (since replaced by Joe Philbin) Todd Bowles, Denver defensive coordinator Dennis Allen, Philadelphia assistant head coach and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and Chicago offensive coordinator Mike Tice.

Eight scouts made the trip to Mobile to evaluate talent, McKenzie said. He said he is still evaluating the current staff and “I’m not in a hurry to hire and fire, at all.’’

Current coaches, those under contract and those whose contracts have expired, will be retained or dismissed at the discretion of the new head coach, McKenzie said.

Two assistants have already found other jobs _ defensive line coach Mike Waufle (St. Louis Rams) and wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal (New York Jets).

• kokomo

As a Raiders fan, I love that the Niners lost. the local sports talk would have gone crazy. Niners had a good season and i think they overachieved. But this local media is projecting them as the greatest team since the turn of the century especially guys like Lowell Cohn. I am glad they lost and hopefully we can get a good HC now.

• cfrylopez
  • DonManoukiansNeighbor

If Hue doesn’t get picked up by any NFL teams he can always get into politics.

—-

Or used car sales.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please do not insult my profession. Thank you. That is all. Carry on.
    —————————————————-
    Which one were you insulted by? Or are they both considered the same?

• http://raiders.com Albert

Used car salesmen are more respectable than politicians.

• aig-raiders

What’s this sudden obsession with Fangio?
    —————–

Because the man can flat out coach the D. He maximized talent at Stanford. We know Stanford is no SEC school. He maximized talent at SF. Who are those guys flying around?

Eli was the hottest QB coming into yesterday’s game. Victor Cruz had 8 catches for 142 yds at the half. They completely shut down all of Eli’s offense in the 2nd half and OT. That was INCREDIBLE. We can only dream about doing that here in Oak.

• cfrylopez

Hue Jackson was sign by the Arizona Cardinals as QB coach

• DKnight007

^^^^^^^
    Interesting. He sure was in a hurry for Hue, ahead clowns like Bresnahan and Herrera??

Oy vey.

I hope the Moss interview not going well, is “far from the truth” because if it was true.

That would be disturbing, since McK and Moss are supposed to be boys and all.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

cfrylopez Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 10:11 am

Hue Jackson was sign by the Arizona Cardinals as QB coach

========================================

Wow. Couldn’t even get a coordinator’s job. Well, good luck to him.

• DonManoukiansNeighbor

Dknight

I was thinking the same thing about Hue being fired.

• hwnrdr

105.aig-raiders Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 10:10 am
    What’s this sudden obsession with Fangio?
    —————–

Yup, I agree!

• http://raiders.com Albert

Not surprised Hue couldn’t get an OC job. What coach is going to want Hue Jack scheming to get his job.

• DKnight007

101.kokomo Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 10:07 am

^^^^^^^
    I agree.

So glad the Whiners lost, otherwise we would have been practically force fed to hear the local radio shows 95.7 overhyping this team like crazy the next two weeks being arrogant and annoying all week long.

Now I can actually root for a team to win in the Super Bowl! A Pats vs Niners Super Bowl would have been TERRIBLE!!

Go Giants!! They are 3 point underdogs and I’m taking the plus money line on the Giants. I may take the points and the over also.

• Raidernationdave

DonManoukiansNeighbor Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 10:09 am

If Hue doesn’t get picked up by any NFL teams he can always get into politics.

—-

Or used car sales.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please do not insult my profession. Thank you. That is all. Carry on.
    —————————————————-
    Which one were you insulted by? Or are they both considered the same?

Albert Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 10:10 am

Used car salesmen are more respectable than politicians.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I’m a car salesman and I’m better at my job than Hue was at his.

• daraider09

RaiderRockstar Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 9:53 am
    Chuck Pagano is WAY overrated.

Ngata, Lewis, Suggs & Reed make that dude look better than he is.

that Defense was awesome before Chuck got there and it would be fine next year if he bolted for Oakland

***************************************************
    I agree with this. Ravens def coordinators have gotten plenty of HC jobs and its beena mixed bag. They have lots of turnover there and they continue to be good/great every season.

That’s Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Ngata, etc…not necessarily the DC.

• DKnight007

87.RaiderRockstar Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 9:53 am
    Chuck Pagano is WAY overrated.

Ngata, Lewis, Suggs & Reed make that dude look better than he is.

^^^^^^^^
    Two of those players should have been Raiders.

Reed should have been taken over Buchanan and Ngata should have been taken over Huff.

More Al Davis draft mistakes.

• Master Beeecham

Great news, blog dweebos -

Just got the specifications for my suite at Farmer’s Field for the soon to be LA Raiders!

And yes, there’s plenty of room near the buffalo wing station for the PARTYDUDE 8000 Margarita Machine to reside.

Take that to the bank, Booyah Tribe

I was up in SF partying this weekend, rapping some new joints off my upcoming record Wrecks N Effect.

Here’s some mo tight lyrics about how much tail I get on a regular basis:

The girls are so freaky
    That my wiener is leaky
    They love it so much, you know I just can’t stop her
    Now it’s off to BK for a double cheese Whopper

COMBO MEAL IN THE HOUSE, Y’ALL

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Master Beeecham Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 10:22 am

Great news, blog dweebos -

=========================================

What if they take the deal at Los Angeles Stadium instead?

• DKnight007

If Julian Edelman is playing nickel corner for the Pats, Eli needs to take of advantage of whoever he is “covering” and throw to that receiver from the start of the game.

If it is Cruz or Manningham, then they will burn Edelman.

The Ravens saw that in the 4th and were throwing to Boldin who Edelman was trying to cover.

• http://raiders.com Albert

Yo, yo, yo, what up Beech Man? Send me yo info! We will party sometime.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

lmao
    ___

cfrylopez Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 10:11 am

Hue Jackson was sign by the Arizona Cardinals as QB coach

• 504 Raider

I’m thinking of heading over to Mobile to get us some answers. This crap is taking too long. I just want to show Reggie this beard I have been growing since our last game. Said I’m not shaving until we get a new DC. The Hue gets axed so I gotta wait for HC too.

I just want Reggie to see my pain and suffering.

Hue Jackson was sign by the Arizona Cardinals as QB coach

***

link? source?

I thought he was being considered for the Rams OC job!

• kokomo

I like 95.7FM a lot. They do cover the Raiders well but off late they have been over hyping the Niners like crazy. So glad that the Whiners lost yesterday and I was rooting for the Ravens too. I can’t stand the Pats. Now hope the Giants give that cry baby, BRady a proper beating.

• dking

Tired of people still whining over Hue getting fired!! He’s gone!! Get over it!! If you can’t, go root
    for the Niners you whiners!!

• hwnrdr

122.RaiderRockstar Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 10:28 am
    Hue Jackson was sign by the Arizona Cardinals as QB coach

***

link? source?

I thought he was being considered for the Rams OC job!

That went to Brian Shotty…

• ballhawk2k

If we truly going to a 3-4 def we need to go get the def cord from Alabama lets do it

• nycraider

would like to see del rio interview considering everyone else that reggie’s interviewing. not surprised Hue couldnt get a HC to hire him as OC. his Ego and dishonesty are 2 major flaws. the only situation would be a similar ownership deal like Al..maybe Jerry jones some day will work with hue. Then Hue can call Jerry , “coach Jones”

• Master Beeecham

What the hell is LA Stadium?

Albert Puss, I keep telling you that you can’t party with the Beeech Dawg & the Beeech Dawgettes until I get that signed consent form from your mother faxed to my penthouse.

My manager has some dope news regarding another of my can’t miss upcoming rap performance, dets to follow

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Master Beeecham Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 10:33 am

What the hell is LA Stadium?

================================================

Ed Roski’s proposed project in the City of Industry (LA suburb).

• ballhawk2k

Hurray for Huey

• ohioraider

Marty Morningwood gonna stiffen up this organization once and for all.

• al d. davis

If Hue the Pimpin Magnificient could get his pants back up from around his ankles, maybe he could get hired as “ball boy.” It was reported that he was rolling with Jerry Sandusky, both with their pants down, after Joe Pat passed.

• DKnight007

McKenzie said he is still evaluating the current staff and “I’m not in a hurry to hire and fire, at all.’’

^^^^^^^
    Interesting. He sure was in a hurry to fire Hue, ahead clowns like Bresnahan and Herrera??

Oy vey.

I hope the Moss interview not going well, is “far from the truth” because if it was true….that would be disturbing, since McK and Moss are supposed to be boys and all.

• DKnight007

Morningwheg will be a stiff for this organization.

He will bring zero energy and will not even come close to doing what Huey did when it comes to renergizing the Raiders fans and the community.

• DKnight007

33.DeuceDeuce Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 9:08 am
    Rdrllldubk Says:
    January 23rd, 2012 at 9:07 am
    The best coach available we already had, and fired him. All we can hope for is major improvement on D. Cause I can see the O takin a step back…

^^^^^^^
    That’s why I would like to see Saunders retained as OC for some continuity is retained on the offensive side of the ball.