Report: Allen signs 4-year contract

Dennis Allen signed a four-year contract to coach the Raiders, according to Kate Longworth of CSN Bay Area.
Allen and Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie reached agreement on a contract Tuesday night in Mobile, Ala., where Allen interviewed for the second time.
The Raiders still have not confirmed the hiring. CSN says the introductory news conference is scheduled for Monday. Given the news conference will be broadcast on CSN, it’s a safe bet to say the Raiders have confirmed it to CSN.
McKenzie returned to Alameda on Wednesday. Allen should be through checking out pro prospects in Mobile today or Friday.
Allen could not be reached for comment. Two Raiders officials said they cannot confirm Allen signing a contract.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• 8RaiderReign8

Right, I didn’t hear you guys complaining about the do-nothing congress that sat on it’s hands for the last two years of the bush administration lol.
    _______________________

This Congress for the last two years has the most filibusters on the record of any Congress in history. A Republican congress.

• Dakota

I see how you think maddenraider, an attack that happened about eight months into the bush administration is bushes fault, but three years into 0bama administration we are still not allowed to place any responsibilty on him for the current economy. Lol

Sad

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Dakota, the economy could go into the tank, total depression. 0bama’s still winning. America is not putting a Republican back into the white house for at least 20 years. You know that.

• aig-raiders

Post 249 is dead on. Very nice.

I’d add Apple to that group too. Sure they are doing R&D here but they are using cheap mfg in China. We’ve got to bring mfg back to states like Ohio. Not sure if that will ever happen though. Intel is investing big time to mfg in Chandler, AZ.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Dakota, Bush was given prior intelligence of the 9/11 attacks. FACT. Common knowledge. That excuse stopped flying years ago. He did nothing. A do-nothing president gets a do-nothing congress. LIke I said, he’s lucky Democrats didn’t impeach him when they took over in ’06. I don’t know why they didn’t.

• hendu

252,bingo

• Dakota

Really mr, you justify the do nothing congress based on punishing bush? Funny, I thought they were there to help govern the nation.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Dakota you’ve been wrong about everything tonight. I can’t believe you’re still at it. You’re like a boxer in a corner beaten to a pulp.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Dakota you must have gotten excited because Romney gave some good speech. Let me know when one poll has him beating 0bama, numbnuts.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Mitt Romney running against “0bama-Care” what a joke. Independents see through that.

• 8RaiderReign8

Dakota Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:04 pm
    _____________

Dude this Republican Senate HAS MORE FILIBUSTERS THAN ANY OTHER SENATE EVER!!!!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Let’s see if Dakota comes back for more. All wobbling, beaten to a pulp.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Any idea what the “magical words” are that keep getting my posts marked for “moderation?”

• 8RaiderReign8

RaiderDuck Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:12 pm
    _______________

“Friggle frack” usually gets me moderated

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

RaiderDuck Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:12 pm

——————————–

@bama

• Dakota

8raider,

You are out of your water here. Once you realize the senate is controlled by the dems and that the repubs have Only been in control of the house for one year then maybe we can talk.

• luvmarvhub

“Mitt Romney, stashing money in Switzerland and the Cayman Islands. Independents see through that, too.”

Stashing? It’s legal. I have some money in a Swiss bank account, KoolKell. I put it in 15 years ago. Little ole me. You too can do it, babe.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Dakota Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 8:44 pm
    The prez will have a major challenge now.

=======================================

“Major challenge” might be overstating things. Mitt is very weak: He has constantly shifted positions (to the point where I don’t think anyone knows what he truly stands for), lost two of the three major races he’s run in, would have lost by double-digits if he’d run for re-election in Massachusetts, and on the GOP’s signature bogeyman issue (”@bamacare”), crafted something very similar when he was Governor.

There’s also Bain Capital, which will be painted as “making million$ by firing people,” and finally an untold number of evangelicals who will refuse to vote for a Mormon. Can’t elect someone who believes in a slightly different imaginary friend in the sky, now can we?

• hendu

ANYONE but O,blind sheep,IMO

• djohnnyg

#265

Same thing is happening to me.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Dakota Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:14 pm

8raider,

——————————
    Republican Senators. Don’t act stupid.

• Dakota

Oh my, money that has been legally placed in a bank account with all taxes being fully paid! Oh yes that will sink Romney lol.

• aig-raiders

Dakota Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:14 pm

8raider,

——————–

ughhhhh!!!!! dude, here you go…..per wiki

Senate
    Main article: Filibuster in the United States Senate

In the United States Senate, rules permit a senator, or a series of senators, to speak for as long as they wish and on any topic they choose, unless “three-fifths of the Senators duly chosen and sworn”[36] (usually 60 out of 100 senators) brings debate to a close by invoking cloture under Senate Rule XXII.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

KoolKell Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:13 pm
    RaiderDuck Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:12 pm

——————————–

@bama

================================================

Yup. That was it. Ridiculous that inserting the name of the President of the United States will cause a post to be blocked. When he has the 2013 Raiders to the White House after the Super Bowl win, will we have to call him “Pres Whatshisface?”

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Hendu Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:15 pm

ANYONE but O,blind sheep,IMO
    ————————————-
    Veeeery Intelligent. (sarcasm)

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Dakota you clearly don’t get it. Look at Dakota purport to speak for independents when he’s doing nothing but speak for Republicans.

• Master Beeecham

Thank God there aren’t a bunch of blog dweebos talking politics on a football blog!

Anyway, keeping things on topic, I just received a spectacular BJ while cranking Kajagoogoo’s “Too Shy”. The irony was sweet.

After the tramp left for her shift at Spearmint Rhino, I smoked some weed, ate a tub of Quarterback Crunch from Baskin Robbins and dropped a duece a mule would be proud of.

Now watching the Clip Joint Take the Wiz out of the Griz (patent pending) and grilling up some lobster tails on my hibachi.

It is thurs night after all, represent

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Virginia and N. Carolina much more diverse now, two states 0bama won in 2008. A lot of med. sized cities in Ohio and Fla have grown larger, more ethnically and culturally diverse. The angry racists in those states don’t have the pull they used to.

• aig-raiders

This article explains a lot of why people act the way they do….

“Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs…..”

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Dakota Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:16 pm

———————————-
    The President of the United Stated, stashing money in foreign countries?

Get a clue.

• hendu

kk,one of the sheep,So smart,NOT

• Dakota

Leave it to the dems to have a majority in both the house and the senate for two years and coming off a huge election, and still complain about not having enough power to get anything done! I don’t believe reagan had a republican controlled congress his entire two terms yet he managed to get things pushed through. I thought the prez was a great leader?

Kinda weak and pathetic politically speaking.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

education.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Part of the GOP’s problem is that the Prez is a formidable campaigner, probably the best since Kennedy (and maybe even better). There’s a reason the GOP A-listers (Mitch Daniels, Chris Christie, Haley Barbour, Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan) all sat this one out.

• luvmarvhub

Fannie and Freddie–affirmative action in housing loans that caused the housing collapse, and yes, Bush, along with Franklin Raines, Barney (I am getting married soon ) Frank, Maxine Watters and the Dems were all over this.

Ever since his days as Gov. of Texas, Bush believed that people who owned their own homes would create better neighborhoods. (Too bad he didn’t realize that they should have to be able to afford them). Of course, his buddy, Karl Rove, thought this would get him votes too, but Bush believed in the policy as “compassionate conservatism.” Truly.

However, he was stupid, and the others were feathering their minority nests, trolling for votes. You don’t give people something that’s worth a lot for free or for very little. That’s true whether it’s giving your kid a new video game or giving people a house with little to no down payment.

Lots of people love to blame the banks and brokerage firms, but early in the game, they were actually ORDERED to give these loans to people who, in previous years, would be considered bad risks. It was simply too easy to conclude that housing values would continue to rise, something sane people would have questioned, but beyond that, you need to require a decent down payment.

Both parties were to blame for that. The Pres, the Dem-controlled Fanny and Freddie. Fanny and Freddie need to be gradually phased out. For good. Forever and ever.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

RaiderDuck Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:23 pm

———————————–
    Yep.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Dakota Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Kinda weak and pathetic politically speaking.

==========================================

Part of it is the increasing reliance on the threat of a filibuster. Now, having 60 Senators is pretty much a requirement for any major piece of legislation. If you don’t have 60 votes, then you’re not getting it passed.

• Master Beeecham

KrappyKell, the King of the Trolls, what are doing up so late trolling for political blog talk?

Shouldn’t you be warming up some bath water for KrappyWife and her bunyuns?

Poor woman needs that nightly soak or she won’t be able to fit into her panty hose tomorrow.

• hendu

Dakota is kickin youre ASS,Im out,and Well done!

• aig-raiders

Kinda weak and pathetic politically speaking.
    ————
    Again. I love debunking your myths on politics.

1. Reagan and Oneil actually would have drinks together after 5pm. Oneil actually had his crew on a tight leash so Reagan can negotiate with Oneil and know that Oneil will deliver. Boehner and his crew? NOPE.

2. I doubt Oneil was ever quoted that his number 1 priority is to make sure Reagan fails.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Aig-Raiders Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:26 pm

=========================================

Quite the opposite. Tip believed that since Reagan was elected President, his agenda deserved a fair hearing and an up-or-down vote. Boehner and co. do not extend our current President the same courtesy. They just plain don’t.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Hendu Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Dakota is kickin youre ASS,Im out,and Well done!
    ————————————–
    Dude can barely put together a sentence.

Republicans make their money on the uninformed. That’s why they hate College Professors and Public education.

• Master Beeecham

Anyone see Krappy call 2 Cents a retard earlier?

So awesome, coming from a blog troll who hates name calling!

• aig-raiders

Post 287, very well written.

I am still in the mortgage industry (in whole sale) and yes fannie/freddy are still being exploited. I see it from my brokers all the time. You can actually still get a 1% or 3% downpayment mortgage. They do need to be phased out. You can let their fate be decided by the market but that would mean some MAJOR SHORT TERM pains (and I mean at least 5 yrs). I doubt there are enough politicians with balls to support the short term pains.

• Master Beeecham

Homies, keep an eye out for my hot new rap album, Wrecks N Effect, coming soon!

Hype is building, just bought a black BMW that my housekeeper is going to drive into the Bay for added publicity.

Should put my likes on facebook through the roof.

TWIZZLE MY DIZZLE

• Dakota

Oh we need a super majority in congress to even take a piss!

Cry me a river.

Face it, the left had all the cards and they couldn’t even get their own party on board to pass their agenda. You blew your chance lol.

You blew it like the undefeated patriots and now the sad reality that the president is no savior is crashing home.

Night my liberal friends!

• CDERaider

Looks like we’re sticking with the 4-3 which makes sense bu McClockup needs to go. Wondering who the DC will be.. Another year of chain my brethren but I see the rainbow.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Aig-Raiders Says:
    January 26th, 2012 at 10:31 pm
    Post 287, very well written.

============================================

A few months back, someone claiming to work with Fannie and Freddie posted on (I think) The Consumerist. He stated that he had just killed a proposed home loan for a single mother with two kids and a car payment who was GROSSING $2K/month. Everyone was mad at him for nixing it, but he rightly felt that she’d be late the first month, later the second month, and wouldn’t have the whole payment for the third month, which means they’d foreclose and everybody would be right back where they started. What would be the point? He couldn’t believe that ANYBODY had thought trying to sell this woman a house was a good idea.

• CDERaider

Can the Raiders please announce this on their frikin website? Makes me think Al is still calling the shots.