Two coaches hired, one confirmed, one moving on

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, February 1st, 2012 at 11:13 am in Oakland Raiders.

New Raiders coach Dennis Allen is moving closer toward filling out his coaching staff.
The latest moves moves include the addition of Al Miller as the strength and conditioning coach, John Greico as his assistant, offensive coordinator Greg Knapp being confirmed and tight ends coach Adam Henry going to Louisiana State.
This means that Brad Roll won’t be back as the strength and conditioning coach. The first order of business for the well-respected Miller and Grieco will be getting a handle on the rash of foot injuries that dogged running back Darren McFadden and wide receivers Jacoby Ford and Denarius Moore last season.
Allen continues his search for a defensive coordinator, with Greg Manusky moving to the forefront now that the New Orleans Saints denied the Raiders permission to speak with defensive line coach Bill Johnson.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

547. Instead, the Broncos went

• Dmoney

Allen hires new offensive line coach

The Raiders have hired Frank Pollack as their new offensive line coach, according to a source. The Texans assistant replaces Bob Wylie, who did a nice job last season with a patchwork line that only gave up only 25 sacks (tied for fourth in the NFL). Pollack spent the last five years as Houston’s assistant offensive line coach and while he has no ties to new coach Dennis Allen, Pollack did work with new Oakland offensive coordinator Greg Knapp last season.

• DutchRaider77

Every time I hear “Bresnehan” I want to pick up a brick!

• RaiderWeaponX

550. MM34 was a project who missed the off season in his 2nd season. That hurt and put him behind.

Knee injury screwed him.

• hwnrdr

RaiderWeaponX Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 5:05 pm
    hwnrdr Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 5:01 pm
    OK, question…who was calling plays when Fargas went for 1000? Just checking guys…

————-

Yeah, 1,000 yds and FOUR touchdowns. Who cares about yds between the 20s?

I agree, but have you seen Fargas try to jump the pile?

• JB

If I hadn’t already prepaid my season tickets, I’d be giving serious consideration to not having season tickets.

I’m not happy with Knapp, I’m not happy with changing the OL & asst. OL coach, I’m not happy with going back to the ZBS, I’m not happy in losing the talents & likes of Al Saunders, Rod Woodson, Steve Wiznewski and Wauffle. Not everything here was bad. A total redo is stupid & will put us back another 3-5 years. Bring in a WCO with a non-WCO franchise QB is very questionable.

I’m so turned off by these moves that if they said they were going South, I’d say have a good trip. I’ve been a Raider fan since 1965 and a fairly set in what I want to see from my team. If I wanted to see a Denver offense (WCO w/ZBS) I’d watch Denver. I want a smash mouth kick your a$$ & bombs away wide open offense. That’s not what we are moving towards. Repeat after me, “Run, Run, Pass, Punt”. How creative!

• RaiderLen

Hue got canned because Mark wants to destroy Dad legacy. Just hope we win but “upgrades”? Not seeing that from the new regime.
    ——————–
    Which one?

The 60′s thru 80′s legacy

Or the other?

• RaiderWeaponX

552. Wow, you’re all over it!

• realtruraider

530.Seymour Bush Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 4:55 pm
    djohnnyg Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 3:48 pm
    I wish someone would make me feel better about this Gregg Knapp hire.

Please?
    ===============================================

Greg Knapp had a decent record in the three years he was in Atlanta as the OC. Hue Jackson was the guy who immediately took over his job. Hue went 4-12.

==============================================

This is just stupid, how can you compare the team Knapp had in Atlanta with the one Hue had? OK? You can’t.

• hwnrdr

KC’s OC Muir has decided to retire, according to ESPN…will Hue land there?

557. Don’t think he cares

• Blackmamba_20

@raiderlen

Ooops possibly 24 goin on 25…(in august)

But YES imagine 16 games of production, he was looking like 1300-1400 if not more this past season.. but who knows,

FUGGIN INUIRES RUIN US.

559. That team imploded

• http://raiders.com Albert

Here is our new special teams coach:

• Blackmamba_20

Yeah, everyone time I think of MM I think of the whiff on Reggie Bush

———–

Criminal, Next JACK TATUM i think not.

• RaiderLen

RaiderWeaponX Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 5:09 pm
    557. Don’t think he cares
    ———————–
    OK

So it’s not about legacy.

Mark is just a spiteful person?

• RaiderWeaponX

Peace out Raider fans. We’ll hope for the best. Prep for the worst.

• realtruraider

556.JB Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 5:08 pm

================================================

Yeah, I hear ya man, it truly is sad that we probably won’t have that many sellouts at the O next year

• 504 Raider

Many posters on here are sour about the Knapp hire and now the Pollack hiring.

I’m sure Coach Allen sees DMAC as a better version of Arian Foster and Palmer as good as Shaub.

Then we getting mad because Wiz is out. Woodson is out. Hell, we led the league in penalties and couldn’t score and stop anyone when it mattered most.

We tend to judge these coaches like Wiz and Woodson based on their playing days and not their coaching which is questionable. If we gonna judge them like they are still playing we whould have had this:

GM: Matt Millen
    HC: Art Shell
    O-Line Coach: Jackie Slater
    D-Line Coach: Keith Millard
    DB Coach: Willie Brown

I mean really. WTF does Willie Brown do?

• RaiderLen

Blackmamba_20 Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 5:10 pm
    @raiderlen

Ooops possibly 24 goin on 25…(in august)

FUGGIN INUIRES RUIN US.
    ——————–
    If DMAC can put together a full season, he will get PAID.

I hope for us and him it works out.

• Blackmamba_20

Has Woodson Defiantly gone?

Any replacment as yet…. who ever it may be, tell that overpaid Routt to get his fukcing hands down, 16 PI is a joke, thats a career total not a season

• 504 Raider

477.KoolKell Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 4:18 pm
    I was talking to a 49er fan today. He was saying he’d love to get M Bush.

———————————————————————————————————————-

Tell him 504 said he’ll fly out there and help him with the little boxes.

• MEX_GHOST

549.RaiderWeaponX Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 5:05 pm
    hwnrdr Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 5:01 pm

————-

Yeah, 1,000 yds and FOUR touchdowns. Who cares about yds between the 20s?
    ——————————————–
    Didn´t was the season Zach Crocket did run in the goal line plays??

• 504 Raider

504.RaiderLen Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 4:38 pm
    Thec Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 4:35 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 4:29 pm
    RaiderLen Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 4:27 pm

If I could trade Mike bush for Frank Gore I’d do it yesterday.
    ——————————–
    Seriously?

++++++

Not sure abnout that one… Gore is as oft injuired as DMAC…
    —————————-
    I hear both of you guys.

Just my preference.

———————————————————————————————————————-

Not me. I would take that trade in a heartbeat. Start the healthy one and put the other one on the PUP List. When the starter gets hurt it should be about that time for the other to come off the PUP List.

• realtruraider

I believe Gore didn’t play a full 16 game season until this year

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

“Love Peace and Soul”

Don Cornelius 1936-2112

• Silverandblack666

“Not sure abnout that one… Gore is as oft injuired as DMAC…”

The difference is that Gore plays through injuries and takes the pain killer shot McFadden does not. Gore plays a lot more.

• hwnrdr

Realtruraider Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 5:31 pm
    I believe Gore didn’t play a full 16 game season until this year

I think he sat out one game didn’t he?

• Twocents

The Raiders have been a joke for so long that some of their fans can’t even understand what it takes to be a successful organization.
    You’re jumping ship at the wrong time guys.

• Just Fire Baby

I know this will piss off the older Nation members, but as a 31 year old Raider fan, the only “legacy” I know of for the Raiders is finishing 3rd in the division and failing to make the playoffs.

• RaidO

“The arrival of Pollack, meanwhile, probably means a return to a zone-blocking scheme as Pollack has coached nothing but the philosophy in the NFL with Houston. Under Wylie, the Raiders were a power-blocking team.”

Mcfadden is not going to like this. He may be gone.

• Twocents

A power blocking team? Oh yes, I remember how scored TD after TD while punching it in with our power blocking scheme.

• canadianraider

for the past few years we have all been saying (and everyone else around the league) that this team has the talent to go far.. if that is the case the problem is the coaching staff…i say give reggie a chance and good for him for doing what he wants to do and not what the owner is telling him to do..whats the worse that can happen?..we go 8-8 again?..like that was going to change with who we have coaching this “talented team” anyway..

• http://Www.bullycains.com r8dercain

Just Fire Baby Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 5:37 pm
    _____________
    d$mn JFB that’s too bad man. Because the greatness was truly there.

Bye Al all U built shat on by Marky Mark