Wylie out, Pollack in

Raiders head coach Dennis Allen dipped into the Houston Texans coaching staff a second time when he hired Frank Pollack to be the offensive line coach.
Fox Sports’ Alex Marvez first reported Pollack’s hiring. The Raiders have confirmed only the hiring of Greg Knapp to be the offensive coordinator.
Knapp also was with the Texans last season. Pollack replaces Bob Wylie, who spent only one season with the Raiders. It’s uncertain whether assistant offensive line coach Steve Wisniewski will be asked back for a second season.
The Raiders reinstated the “coaches” page on their website. However, Allen and Knapp are the only two coaches listed.
Pollack, 44, spent the past five seasons with the Texans as the assistant offensive line coach. He played for the 49ers in two stints that covered 90 games.
In other news, the Dallas Cowboys denied the Raiders permission to interview special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis. League rules stipulate that teams can deny another team permission to interview a coach under contract unless the interview is for a head coaching vacancy.
The Denver Broncos denied the Raiders permission to interview linebackers coach Richard Smith. The New Orleans Saints denied the Raiders permission to interview defensive line coach Bill Johnson.

Follow me on Twitter: @corkonthenfl

Steve Corkran

• Just Fire Baby

This offense will score more points than last year, through better red zone scoring and less drive killing penalties.

D-Moore will catch 75+ balls, DHB will have 7 TD’s, and CP will be a Pro Bowler.

Get it in line with it, or punt boulders!!!

• DT42

Jaysohn Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:12 pm
    So Andre Johnson is a possession receiver??? And anyone who watched DHB this year realized he played his best on short slants and possession routes. Did you see much of the Texans this year? Your guys are killing me with your analysis.
    ———————-
    Andre Johnson is a freak of nature – DHB has pi$$ poor hands I live in Texas I watched the Texans every week try again MR……I mean …….Sullivan I mean Jayshon

• jraider

so we replaced a O-Line stud w/ an assistant O-line coach that implements a ZBS we know doesn’t work?
    Does Reggie give any input?

• Silverandblack666

Our O-Line was our strength last year even statistically speaking we gave up fewer sacks than most teams as I think we were top 5 rushing team.

Why not try to build around your strength?

This one is a head scratcher to me.

• Just Fire Baby

Houston did not run a dink and dunk offense, and that is the mold our team will be after.

A ball-control, play-action, misdirection offense, that gets massive chunks of yards, and is one of the best in getting the TE involved, and working the different screens.

Awesome offseason so far!!

• RaidO

I hoping Mark Davis comes out and says this was all a joke. Hue is still the coach and in his office.

Raiders

• Just Fire Baby

Our new O-line coached, is fresh off his last game, a playoff road game to boot, pushing around one of the greatest rushing defenses in the history of the NFL.

Ravens never have given up that many rushing yards in a playoff game, and I think it had been 3 years since they gave up that many in a game.

ZBS = trending up

• DT42

Allen better bring in Alex Gibbs for this to work. He made it work in Houston. The Texans have had 2 winning seasons in the last 6 years and made the playoffs once (this year). Why are we molding our offense after such a pathetic franchise?

• MikieG

DKnight007 Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:03 pm

515.JLofty Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 4:44 pm
    Wow, the past few weeks have really shown that some you HAVE NO Fin CLUE how the big boy world works…

^^^^^^^^
    The big boi good old buddy network when it comes to hiring buddies as coaches who are NOT the best candidates for the job.

Good old fashioned work place POLITICS at it’s finest! Oooff!!
    ++++++++++++++

Exactly DKnight! Lofty is the one who has no clue how the big boy world works. It’s happening right in front of your faces and you cant even call it like it is…Disgusting.

Im fine with Reggie, but Allen is showing me that he is making moves just to re-pay some debts that he has acquired from reaching the heights that he has off some greased palms..He is now repaying his debts, and making some STUPID f’ing moves.

• realtruraider

53.jraider Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:18 pm
    Does Reggie give any input?

==============================
    Yeah, not sure it was a good idea by Reggie to let a rook HC run wild and hire all his buds instead of keeping the better more qualified ones that were on staff from last year.

• morilla

DT42 Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:22 pm
    ———-

More than we have had in a very long time.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Chris Hansen
    RT @alexmarvez: #raiders are hiring steve hoffman as new special teams coach. Was with #chiefs last season. Story soon at @foxsports.com

Steve Hoffman’s our new ST guy.

With the delay in hiring a DC, I wonder if DA wants to interview someone from the Pats or Giants?

• RaidO

Allen is basically “hooking” his boys up per say. Not a good way to pick coaches

• DT42

I have no problem if the Raiders want to implement the ZBS. When it works it is beautiful to watch. But you have to get the right personnel and the only person that has consistently coached it is retired. Allen CALL ALEX GIBBS NOW!! Offer him any and everything he wants.

• realtruraider

Awesome offseason so far!!

====================================

Give me some of what your smokin man, I wish I could feel that way.

• Just Fire Baby

You guys do realize that Bob Wylie the year before we signed him was a Donkey O-line coach that had a miserable O-line, and before that spent 6 years coaching teams in Europe and Saskatchewaan?

• DT42

Morilla Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:25 pm
    DT42 Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:22 pm
    ———-

More than we have had in a very long time.
    ——–
    So that makes it ok? In Texas we have two professional football teams
    1. Dallas
    2. UT

• J Hill

Well I guess it’s you and I on the train by ourselves right about now, JFB.

Not too excited about the switch back to the ZBS. I guess if we can upgrade Satele and get a solid RT, it shouldn’t really matter what system we run.

With Knapp running our offense, is Ford officially on the trade block?

I see Moore, DHB, and Murphy as better fits. We can also bring in a vet like Donald Driver and resign Chaz for pennies.

• morilla

February 1st, 2012 at 6:27 pm
    Morilla Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:25 pm
    DT42 Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:22 pm
    ———-

More than we have had in a very long time.
    ——–
    So that makes it ok? In Texas we have two professional football teams
    1. Dallas
    2. UT
    ————-

I was joking around. But sadly, it’s still a fact.

• Just Fire Baby

Wylie:

2004-Cardinals O-line coach, not asked to return
    05-06 – O-line coach of perennial doormat Syracuse
    07-08 – Winnipeg O-line coach
    2009- Saskatchewaan (John Herrera’s used to be their General Manager for crying out loud!!!)
    2010- Donkeys O-line, not asked to return
    2011-Raider O-line coach, not asked to return

• Raiders for life

Fck it, I embrace change. I’m no semi-pro and just a fan. I would never jump ship because I don’t agree with things that Al (and now Mark D. and Reggie) decide. If that were true I would have packed up years ago.

• edward teach

57.Just Fire Baby Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:22 pm

ZBS = trending up

********************************************************

Facts are useless in here, boss. You can post things directly from the horse’s mouth and it will be as if your post never existed because it contradicts the wailing.

It’s like a girl’s night out that features half a dozen jilted brides. Inconsolable. And the p*ssing and moaning never ends.

• ReeceThaBeast45

There are a lot of pathetic raider fans in here. seriously what is it about last year you all want to keep? the poor defense? the most penalties and yards in NFL history? the inability to close out games with offense or defense? the lack of scoring in the 4th quarter? All of you panicking right now need to chill out. the raiders are broken. have been for 10 years now. we are finally conforming to the modern way of running a football team and everyone freaks out? give it a shot. these guys do this for a living, have some trust that maybe, just possibly they have some idea of what they are doing.

• chrisram73

You guys crack me up, reading your nonsense. You truly believe in your heads you are right, and worse, that you actually know what you are talking about. This is not for everyone, but most of you, keep showing your ignorance through your stupid posts. Arm chair QBs…

• J Hill

As long as our weapons are healthy next year, our offense is not going to miss a beat.

I think ALLEN is going to design our offense around Palmer and the WRs, not the RBs.

I think you are going to see MORE passing than running.

• edward teach

Wow, Three or four reasonable posts in a row.

The girls must have all gone to the bathroom.

• rodn5yn

@45. How many beers did you have during Raider’s games?

• MikieG

ReeceThaBeast45 Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:31 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All they had to do was change the D coodinator and add some free agents..Hue should have been afforded the same luxury as Allen is getting now. We will never know, but I would take Hue’s Raiders next year, over what Allen is ‘building’ right now…

I have seen alot of football, and I don’t like what I see happening right now. Remember how we all knew Breshnahan was gonna suck this year? Yeah? Its kinda like that.

• realtruraider

Wylie did a great job with this makeshift OLine PERIOD, ya’ll can post all that meaningless schit all you want.

• Blackmamba_20

Jaboy is a better receiver than hes getting credit for in here..
    Bit like DMC, if healthy things happen, definatly room for a vet, but Jacoby aint even scratched the sruface of his potential..Cheifs Game people, run of the mill guys dont make those plays.

• Mum-O-killowe

DT42 Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:25 pm

____________________\________________________
    True, but the system itself is not great in short yarded situations. Gotta have the beef to push the pile.

• Just Fire Baby

With Knapp running our offense, is Ford officially on the trade block?

**************************

I put him on the block weeks ago.

Ford and a 5th for an early 3rd.

• J Hill

—————————————————–

And they did it with a backup QB.

Imagine if that line had the threat of a QB to also keep them off balance!

• r8eray

Vegas…you really like what Allen is doing?

What do you think is next?

• realtruraider

82.Just Fire Baby Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:37 pm
    With Knapp running our offense, is Ford officially on the trade block?

**************************

I put him on the block weeks ago.

Ford and a 5th for an early 3rd.

=====================================

WOW, some peoples kids…smh

• Just Fire Baby

If you bring back Hue, you are getting the 1-4 misery that ended last season, not the 4-2, 7-4 unit we had for a moment.

Post Turkey day football is a different beast, and playoff football is a whole another animal.

Hue didn’t make it up the first tier, and was imploding in front of our eyes.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Steve Corkran
    Steve Hoffman replaces John Fassel as special teams coordinator. Al Saunders interviews for Chiefs offensive coordinator gig.
    4 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone

Well, Saunders is gone. Good luck to him (except when he plays us).

• Just Fire Baby

Actually, WITH a 5th, we should get a 2nd.

A 6th and Ford for a 3rd.

His value as a returner has been rendered practically useless with teams kicking it out of the end zone half the time.

• Mum-O-killowe

Chrisram73 Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:32 pm
    ____________________________________________________
    73, I’m not saying you are right IR wrong, but what makes you qualified to say what is nonsense or what the posters are saying is ignorance?

• Just Fire Baby

Ray,

I do.

I don’t think we landed the next great mind or anything, but we are assembling a solid, NFL quality staff, that will be on one singular page.

No more fractured or lame-duck staffs!!!

• J Hill

Our basic STs has been terrible for a while.

I blame most of that on the lack of quality roster depth though.

As important as the STs coach hire is, it is more important to get solid LB and S depth!

• Blackmamba_20

With Ford fit an Moore and DHB & carson full camp etc man i think you would reconsider, Jacoby is electric, what would you want to pick up with a 3rd rounder?? just askin.

• da trinity

I love my raiders, I don’t like Knapp for o-coordinator though but I’m willing to wait and see how this stuff shakes out before I start crying like some clowns, go join another fan base

• Just Fire Baby

I liked Bones, and I think the long 65 yard punts sometimes out kicked our coverage.

But it always seemed like teams were one shoestring tackle that we made away from breaking things.

Not sure if that is talent or coaching, but we gave up 3 returns for TD’s last year, and it seemed like it just missed being 6.

• realtruraider

Believe it or not all coaching staffs are some what Lame-Duck, If the side of the ball you coach on sucks your gone, it happens everywhere, yes even in pittsburg

• Twocents

It is really disheartening to realize that there are so many Raider fans that just don’t have a clue.

• Twocents

I mean really, there was one guy on here that was going to quit being a fan because Allen hired Knapp.
    What kind of arrogance is that?

• Raiders for life

I disagree with the thought of trading Ford. The dudes too young and fast. He’s a scrapper that will fight for the ball.

• Twocents

Ford was a scrapper until Hue dissed his buddy Campbell and then he quit.

• MikieG

Raiders for life Says:
    February 1st, 2012 at 6:57 pm

++++++++

Exactly..some of these idiots that want to get rid of one of our most electric playmakers make me sick..They all drink each others Kool-Aid and any voice of dissent for the status quo is nervously attacked.