Griffith added to staff

Former Raiders fullback Justin Griffith has been added to the coaching staff as a quality control coach, the club announced while confirming several staff hires.

Griffith played for the Atlanta Falcons while offensive coordinator Greg Knapp was there as well as Raiders head coach Dennis Allen.

Oakland also confirmed the return of running backs coach Kelly Skipper and assistant offensive line coach Steve Wisniewski as well as the addition of offensive line coach Frank Pollack, strength coach Al Miller and assistant strength coach John Grieco.

Eric Sanders, a quality control assistant for the last two years, will also return.

Among the positions the Raiders have not hired include defensive coordinator, quarterbacks, wide receivers, tight ends, defensive line, linebackers and secondary. The Raiders did not have a quarterbacks coach last season.

The club reportedly has sought permission to talk with Packers cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt Jr. about the defensive coordinator position, but it’s not yet known if Whitt is still under contract. If Whitt is under contract, it would be the Packers’ call as to whether to allow him the opportunity to interview for another job.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

U GET A LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE,WE CAN GET CONTACT INFO.I WILL HOOK U UP WITH SOME TIX..

• Just Fire Baby

So you’re saying, 1. that the Giants are making the playoffs, and 2. if will be late September, October?

******************

Playoffs?

We are going to the series!!!

And yes, early October I’m thinking.

I have to come watch the great Rolando McClain in person!!!

• hwnrdr

649.DMAC Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:05 pm
    sorry post season stats

Well, They did shut down Atlanta, and Green Bay…although something was terribly wrong that day in Green Bay, and having defensive numbers against Alex Smith ain’t really nothing!

Raiders pass offense ranked 11th in yards. 16th in points per game. 15th in completion percentage. 18th in TD’s. 17th in QB Rating

23 INT’s = 5th most in the league

all despite the O-Line only giving up 25 sacks (4th best in the league) and the Raiders having the #7 Rushing offense

was Hue Jackson saddled with JaMarcus Russell? nope

• DMAC

Just Fire Baby Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:05 pm

DMAC,

I believe those are postseason rankings, lol.

Giants gave up 255 yards per game, 29th in the league.

With an elite pass-rush.
    ======

That secondary was depleted w/ injuries.
    They’re barely getting players back and it shows on the field.

• hwnrdr

652.Just Fire Baby Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:07 pm

******************

Playoffs?

We are going to the series!!!

And yes, early October I’m thinking.

I have to come watch the great Rolando McClain in person!!!

Would be good to meet you…I hope the schedule has us playing a good team when you come!

• Just Fire Baby

***************************

I’m on that.

My buddies tailgate in the RV section.

Thoughts? They seem to think it is great.

• hwnrdr

Tailgated there once because my friend picked everyone up in the RV…I believe that was in 2006…
    Anyways, what I do like about it is the room and the bathroom line is never long…maybe because everyone is using the RV???

• hwnrdr

However, you gotta be with the crazies in D and A!

• raiderzmaverick

RaiderRockstar Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 9:05 am

Running backs don’t get teams into the playoffs any more.

***

Mav,

Foster, Rice & McGahee didn’t get the Texans, Ravens & Donkeys into the playoffs?

Cincy & Pitt don’t need Benson or Mendenhall?

Where would the 49ers be without Frank Gore?

Bradshaw isn’t needed in New York?

Turner isn’t needed in Atlanta?

not everybody is the Patriots, Saints, Packers & Lions!

not every team has a QB like Brady, Brees, Rodgers or Stafford either :)
    ========================================
    I’m not saying a RB isn’t needed. But out of the top 10 RBs in the league, only 2 or 3 made the playoffs. Out of the top 10 running teams only 4 made the playoffs. All I’m saying is that it’s way way less important these days than say 10 years ago.

• Just Fire Baby

***********************

I can’t believe I haven’t seen a home game since the day Randy Moss got hurt against SD.

That was like 7 years ago!!!

• realtruraider

the rest of that is just trash. Knapp was play caller for ZERO games in 2007 and FOUR games in 2008!

McFadden was a ROOKIE in 2008 with an injured shoulder and turf toe on both feet. The only reason Kiffin & Cable gave any carries to Justin Fargas in 2008 was due to the fact he rushed for 1,009 yards on 222 carries and four touchdowns in 2007 and Al Davis gave him a 3-year $14 million contract!

JaMarcus Russell was QB for all 4 games Knapp was play caller and we won 1 of the 4. What did you friggin expect?

you people are driving me crazy with your ignorance. Blaming Greg Knapp for the Raiders lack of offense in 2007 & 2008 = go stick your d1ck in a blender

==================================================

Hey man Im just repeating what I have heard from experts, John Clayton, Brian Billick, Sorry you can’t handle an honest opinion and have to resort to telling me to stick my dick in a blender.

I obviously hit a nerve with you, perhaps you are a lttle worried I am right. I really hope he is more creative than what everybody thinks, OK? Can I say that?

In regard to him not calling plays here, I could care less, Its his overall performance and philosphy every where hes ben is what Im skeptical of, and thats my right man. I stated I hope he has learned from his mistakes, so don’t get it twisted Im on board with What Allen is doing, I believe Allen is smart and creative enough not to let Knapp Fk up a good thing just because he is stuck in his ways.

You have your opinion I have mine, its a blog theres going to be different opinions, Can you deal with it?
    Im not going to end this with calling you a name are telling you to stick your dick in a blender, Thats not how I roll, I fk people up for real in real life not on a blog, no thats not a threat, I just find it odd to act like a tough guy on a blog when all people can do is just get more pssed.

Go smoke somethin and calm down a lil, relax.

• Just Fire Baby

What’s the section that is closest to the Warriors arena?

That’s where my uncle and all his cop buddies hang out.

• raiderzmaverick

RaiderRockstar Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:07 pm

23 INT’s = 5th most in the league

was Hue Jackson saddled with JaMarcus Russell? nope
    ===============================
    What Jackson was sattled with was the top 2 WRs injured much of the year and a starting QB who came off the coach literally from retirement in the middle of the year.

I think our O-Line did great (would’ve liked to kept the coaching staff intact for them).

Only one game we had Moore, Ford & DHB on the field at the same time and we had 400+ yards (one of the highest yards total in Raiders History).

• hwnrdr

663.Just Fire Baby Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:12 pm
    What’s the section that is closest to the Warriors arena?

That’s where my uncle and all his cop buddies hang out.

Depends on what side…Hegenberger side or 66th?

• DMAC

The crazy schit is we never got to see a full series w/ CP3 and DMAC both on the field.

DMAC did wonders for Campbell.

• raiderzmaverick

realtruraider Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:11 pm

==================================================

Go smoke somethin and calm down a lil, relax.
    ==================================
    Hey before you get all huffed up about this, why don’t you look at how Knapp did in his other two recent Offensive Coordinator gigs.

I don’t think Allen has ANY expereience with the offensive side of the ball either playing or coaching so I don’t think his input will be that great on what Knapp is doing.

And…knapp has really sucked things up recently as OC. Not just in Oakland, but also in Seattle and in Atlanta.

• DMAC

Just Fire Baby Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:12 pm

What’s the section that is closest to the Warriors arena?

That’s where my uncle and all his cop buddies hang out.
    ========

Is you uncle the dude that looks like the Big Boss Man?

• hwnrdr

Actually DMAC got hurt the second play of the game against KC…DMAC and CP3 never was on the field at the same time (unless you call sidelines part of the field…lol)

• DKnight007

Wow.

RIP DJ Solomon

A Bay Area Native, the guy was a good mashup DJ and he was the DJ at Warrior home games.

Sad.

• R8ER MIKE

LOL LOL LOL… stick your d1ck in a blender !!!

• raiderzmaverick

RaiderRockstar Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Check out Matt Schaub

I think this guy is talented, but Carson Palmer is a better QB.

This guy operates in a ZBS/WCO and puts up some pretty decent numbers. People think run-first offense and assume we wont have ANY passing game. Which is pretty funny if you look at our passing offense the past 2 years under Hue Jackson and see that his fans are the guys making all the claims about us not being able to pass the ball under Knapp. See the results, fellas. spoiler alert!
    ===============================
    From everything I see of Knapp I do think he’s a very good teacher. Would be a great QB coach or RB coach or probably even O-Line coach. He is a good teacher. What I don’t think he is is a good schemer, or deviser of plays, or creative use of the weapons at hand.

Here were the Top 10 highest paid RB’s of 2011

10. Cedric Benson

***

Mav,

Charles missed the entire year. McFadden missed half the year

Benson, Peterson & MJD had rookie QB’s

the rest of those runners made the playoffs

Steven Jackson is the only guy I don’t have an excuse for, lol! … but he did carry the Rams to one game from clinching the NFC West last year with a rookie QB

• DMAC

R8ER MIKE Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:17 pm

LOL LOL LOL… stick your d1ck in a blender !!!
    =========

The new Jamba Juice?

I’m never going back to that place.

• Just Fire Baby

Is you uncle the dude that looks like the Big Boss Man?

************************

More like Tom Selleck, lol, with the stache.

Hwnrdr,

Hegenberger, that’s the south part right?

• R8ER MIKE

???Jamba Juice ???
    must be a west coast thing.

• raiderzmaverick

RaiderRockstar Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 11:55 am

knapp is not creative. Not sure why some of you on here think he will up and change his ways. Like doing what it takes to win a super bowl. Which means being a pass first team not a run heavy team which is his oc style and always has been.

***

False. you don’t have to be “pass happy” to make it to the playoffs or the Super Bowl. I debunked that myth earlier – perhaps you didn’t catch it
    ===============================
    No, I didn’t catch that. Maybe you don’t have to be “pass happy” but 8 out of the top 10 passing teams made the playoffs. Shows that the best of the “pass happy” teams are making it.

And 4 out of the top 10 “rushing teams” made the playoffs. So over half of the “rush happy” teams did NOT make it.

• bcz24

A full season of CP3 at the helm, with Ford, DHB, Moore, and DMac healthy would put this offense in the GB/NE/NO realm.

It would be scary good.

• DMAC

R8ER MIKE Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:21 pm

???Jamba Juice ???
    must be a west coast thing.
    =======

Fruit Smoothies

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DMAC Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:20 pm
    R8ER MIKE Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:17 pm

LOL LOL LOL… stick your d1ck in a blender !!!
    =========

The new Jamba Juice?

I’m never going back to that place.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

***

Mav,

Charles missed the entire year. McFadden missed half the year

Benson, Peterson & MJD had rookie QB’s

the rest of those runners made the playoffs

^^^^^^^
    All of those RB’s have been hurt on and off in their career except for Chris Johnson really.

• hwnrdr

I believe so because Hegenberger is an exit away from 66th heading South on 880!

• DMAC

New post

• hwnrdr

Put it this way…when we tailgate in D Lot, we’re usually looking at the North Entrance of Oracle!

• DKnight007

Gregg Knapp is mediocre or slightly below mediocre OC and play caller….until proven otherwise!

***

Tru,

fair enough, but don’t quote Billick’s one line and follow it with a bunch of your opinions and pretend like he said it

• R8ER MIKE

got ya. dont have them here.. all we have is drive up liquor stores !! dont even have to get out of the car to get your cold beer, hard liquor , or mixed drink. (but they wont mix it for you any more, they just give you the mixer, a cup of ice and the miniture bottle of liquor).

• DMAC

O,
    post 667

• DMAC

R8ER MIKE Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 12:26 pm

==========

Swear?
    Drive up Liquor?
    I need to open one of those in East Oakland. (my town)
    I can make a killing!

Where you at?

• raiderzmaverick

realtruraider Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 11:22 am

Brian Billick had some good things to say on 95.7 today in regard to Knapp and how hes a ZBS and WC OC coming to coach where the star running back is better in a power scheme and the QB isn’t a rollout WC type of guy, He made it sound simple, he said if your coaching a RB thats better in a power scheme, well you better run more power scheme, If your QB is more of a pocket guy don’t make him rollout. simple, huh

OK, this is the part I hope he is right about. He also said Knapp is smart enough to know he has to play to the strength of his players. I hope Knapp has become smarter since the last time he was here and has learned some things, like don’t force the ZBS on DMC. Pretty simple right, lets hope so
    =====================================

I posted this last night, now after doing more research and reading tweets from John Clayton, I am convinced Knapp will force his schemes on our players, To be honest he sounds like a guy who is to set in is ways, hes just not creative enough to think outside the box, with that said I expect big changes to come on offense, regarding personal and such, almost a complete overhaul. I myself strongly disagree if this is the route he takes, he needs to scheme to our players stengths, thats what good creative OCs do period.
    =================
    This is exactly what I am worried about. He seemed to try the exact same thing year after year despite having totally different QBs (he had Vick in Atlanta for god sakes and tried to make him a pocket passer only).

• Raiderbuck
  • JB

No Mas Diamante Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 11:00 am

Raider O Says:
    February 3rd, 2012 at 10:11 am
    If you people want to trade a WR, then trade Murphy.
    ###################################################

Agreedwith this. And Maybe Ford as well. He was another guy who didn’t see the field much. Like to see us cut housh, who has nothing left, and sign a top notch veteran WR. Schillens can hang for one more year. we also need to develop our young TE’s. That was a problem area lat year because we had to keep them in to block so much.
    ********************

Schilens is a FA and will be gone. Murphy never returned to 100% after his injury. He still might bring a 6th round pick. Ford needs to stay. He’s our future PR & possible KOR in addition to his WR duties.

#1 WR – Open
    #2 WR – Ford
    #3 WR – D-WOW
    #4 WR – DHB
    #5 WR – TJones – From RB to run the slot
    #6 WR – Ausberry – From TE

I’d like to see us get DeSean Jackson in FA as our #1 WR position. He’s a definite play-maker and wants out of Phi.

I’d also like to see us pick up Marshawn Lynch from FA. Bush who now makes $2M will be gone. Marshawn now makes $1M. We should be able to get him for $2-$2.5M per year.

#1 RB – DMac
    #2 RB – Lynch
    #3 RB/KOR – TJones
    #4 RB/ST – Cartwright

• YoungAmerican

@RUSSLANDE Russell Lande
    @RAIDERS – OAK makes grt hire as Hoffman is an elite special teams coach. KC made huge mistake getting rid of person who found PK R. Succop.

• uglyorc

Check out Matt Schaub

I think this guy is talented, but Carson Palmer is a better QB.

—————————

Schaub has always been a WCO system QB, even in college. I think Matt Flynn will be simuliarly successful as long as he stays in a WCO.

Palmer on the other hand hasnt been a WCO QB and that’s the concern. McKenzie said he thinks Palmer can make the transition and be a good WCO QB. It remains to be seen. He’s not going to walk right into it like Schaub or Flynn. He’s going to have to learn it.

• GoodOle00
  • RaiderWeaponX
  • RaiderWeaponX

Fife hired as assistant jock strap snaffer. Yes snaff

• RaiderWeaponX