Hue Jackson finds a job with the Bengals

By Jon Becker
Friday, February 17th, 2012 at 12:34 pm in Oakland Raiders.

(From our online story that we posted earlier):

Hue Jackson, who was fired by the Raiders after finishing 8-8 in his only season as Oakland’s head coach, has been hired by the Cincinnati Bengals as an assistant coach.
Jackson, ironically, helped engineer a trade with the Bengals that reunited him with quarterback Carson Palmer in Oakland.
Although Jackson has an extensive history as an offensive assistant, including time spent as a wide receivers coach in Cincinnati, the Bengals announced they’ve hired him as as assistant secondary and special teams coach.
“Hue is a tremendous addition to our staff,” said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis in a released statement. “I relied on Hue greatly when he was with us, and his success overall in the NFL, including being selected for a head coaching position, is well documented. He has expertise in all aspects of the game, and we are fortunate to have obtained his services.”
New Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie fired Jackson as head coach on Jan. 10 and later replaced him with Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen.

• Hardline

Rado, 847

Newton
    2010 Auburn G=14 Cmp=185 Att=280 Comp %.66.1 Yds=2854 Yd/A=10.2 TDs=30 Int=7 Sacked=23

Pryor
    2010 OhioSt G=13 Cmp=210 Att=323 Comp %65.0 Yds=2772 Yd/A=8. TDs=27 Int=11 Sacked= 19
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RadO,

I put these stats up this past weeks. Looks like you cut and pasted them. And so what? Cam Newton was ready and had a good year. Tebow sat out a year (probably shouldn’t have.) Tebow’s problem is that he can’t throw properly with his left arm and hand being crimped and artificially bent.

I am only advocating we send in Pryor in preseason. I think most people fear he will beat out CP because TP can run like hell, and CP is mortibund on the run.

• Hardline

CP is an old man, with no heart, spent like an old rifle round, is in it only for the $11M; I predict he’ll fall with a tremendous blow to the head; just like JC fell with the broken collar bone. The real difference between those two is that JC has little talent, as JC once did. It was always something with them.

CP and JC are burned out, second string trade bait and should be dropped kicked like footballs after a safety is made.

• hwnrdr

RaidO Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 6:30 pm
    Hwnrdr Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 6:13 pm
    Sorry, TP not ready yet!
    __________________________________________

Where is this TP is not ready nonsense coming from? Sounds like you heard somebody else say on here so now you say it.
    If Cam Newton and Tebow are starting QB’s in the NFL then TP is ready. Nuff said.

Ummmm…you’re trying to attack me on this…well, ok, then lets send in TP then…then who’s his backup? I hope he’s ready and we will not know til preseason…and if he’s not…go back to question number one!!!

• Hardline

JC has little talent as CP **** once had

• hwnrdr

EMRaiders Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 8:29 pm
    I think we should hold off on any comments about TP or anybody until the preseason starts and we see how this team is built and how players perform. This might be a whole different team by then.

It is a bit premature to start judging who can play or is ready and who is not. Let’s wait and see how they really perform, and then make our judgement. I think that is the logical thing to do.

Which is what I was trying to say…but I get blasted for a Pryor comment and everyone already knows that CP will suck this year…

• Hardline

CP will be Pryor’s back up and JC, unable to start anywhere, counter to his delusions of grandeur, will be #3.

• Hardline

hwnrdr Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 8:40 pm
    EMRaiders Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Did I blast anyone for advocating Pryor? I think him being chosen in the draft was AL’s last brillian move.

• hwnrdr

Anyways…JFB, I know…850 comments…but…its also been quiet in Raiderland!

• hwnrdr

Hardline, not you…

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I like TP a lot, but starting him over Palmer is nutty. The kid needs to work on his throwing motion, and he needs more time to develop. The OSU is not the best place to develop QBs. We do better with RBs & Defense.
    Go Buckeyes!
    Go Aztecs!
    Go Raiders!

• Hardline

it is quiet in here, but my wife is watching a movie which I don’t care for so I am here. She did, btw, make me an rack of Australian lamb dinner, so she can have her way now.

• hwnrdr

Hardline Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Nice!

• hwnrdr

Raider O Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 8:46 pm
    Go Buckeyes!
    Go Aztecs!
    Go Raiders!

Thanks O!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Hwnrdr,

You know how much I like TP, but the kid is not ready. Why rush him when we can afford to wait since we have Palmer? That makes no sense to me. Pryor is under contract for 2-3 more years, so no reason to rush.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RO,

Btw, I understand why you like TP so much, he is young, he is big, he is fast, and he has a strong arm. The kid is a freak. I think he is better than Tebow, Ponder, & Locker.

• lefty12

All those reasons have absolutely no bearing on why he wants Pryor over Palmer.

• RaidO

Lefty12 Says:
    February 18th, 2012 at 9:09 pm
    All those reasons have absolutely no bearing on why he wants Pryor over Palmer.
    __________________________________

I never said i wanted Pryor over Palmer but by stating “He is not ready” is basically X’ing him out of being the QB next year. Seeing what Cam Newton has done and even Tebow TP has to be in the mix. A lot “what if’s” but if he comes anywhere in the vicinity to what Newton has done Raiders are good.

Good chance CP(tree stump) goes down next year or goes on a INT spree because of this WCO change so TP better be ready. We will all see whats up in preseason.

• weaselbit

Tp needs to do well in preseason.
    We need him as a backup.
    If Palmer goes down TP’ll get his shot.
    I hope he’s that good.
    I think Palmer will kick @ss after a full training camp.
    CXan’t wait for next year to start.
    Looking forward to the draft and seeing how they’re going to get anyone with all of the 2012 pick giveaways.

• RaiderWeaponX