Raiders live chat today at 1 p.m.

By Jon Becker
Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 at 10:34 am in Oakland Raiders.

Join Steve Corkran today at 1 p.m. as he talks Raiders football, including discussions about replacing Stanford Routt.

• HayesDaze37

I didn’t say trade DMC for two #2′s and a 4. I said a #2 this year and a #2 from next year. Or a #2 and a #4 from this year.

Very do-able, and right on value for an oft-injured, all-world talent.

And YES…TRADE DMC: He has value, and we can use the picks. Besides…so many of you guys say it’s EASY to just plug in another RB and get results. If it’s so easy, why not trade our most valuable, tradeable asset, and find a cheaper/healthier replacement?

• J Hill

Wouldn’t it be disappointing if we hired a 3-4 DC and we stayed in the 4-3?

I’m not against the 4-3, but why not bring in a 4-3 DC if we are staying with that D?

• bcz24

Ya know, not for nothing, but teams the switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3 are rarely ever successful in doing so.

• HayesDaze37

O — Google it, I don’t have time right now. But, you know I don’t throw out the mis-information, man. It was common knowledge when DMC was a Razorback, and he was the equivalent of “doubtful” or “questionable” a number of times before games. His shoulders, feet and skinny ankles were a worry of scouts at draft time. It is no large surprise he hasn’t held-up to the physical abuse.

He certainly did well in finding these WR’s, do you agree with the king of the rock kicking that we need a REAL # 1?? I think Moore can and will be that guy. I’ve heard he doesn’t have the size but Reggie Wayne isn’t much bigger than Moore is he?

***

CW,

I’m leaving the WR corps alone. the Top 4 WR’s are already on the roster. the starters will be determined in camp & preseason. Your 5th & 6th WR’s might as well be Hagan & JLH who will both come cheap, can catch the football and contribute on special teams

We are set at TE as well with Boss, Myers & Gordon

Ausberry can compete at both WR & TE, but will probably fall short at both and be sent packing. RRS = not a fan

• Dakota

1083.Silverandblack666 Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:27 am
    “McFadden played through turf toe injuries which are very painful, and he played through shoulder injuries. I think your twisting of what was stated in this argument is unfair to McFadden.”

Dakota you are a staunch McFadden supporter and that is cool. I m not trying to twist words and in reality none of us will ever know what took place in the doctors office or in meetings with Hue Jackson all we can do is speculate which is what I am doing.

I love watching him play and would love to see a season where he plays in all 16 games. If I am wrong I will admit it and move on to the next topic.

Unless we personally spoke with his doctor none of knows what was really said.

So yes I am speculating.
    +++++++++

No need for any more speculation, I just texted Dr. Anderson and he said McFadden is one tough SOB and is ready to roll for next year.

• DMAC

bcz24 Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:28 am

Loved his game playing the pass, but was horrible at the run, but I wouldn’t mind him coming back to play w/ some real D-coordinators and coaching staff.
    *************
    I don’t know, he has a bunch of DLineman in front of him that dont occupy blockers but he gets blamed in the run game. Groves and Curry did no better after him. I think he got a raw deal as well.
    ==========

I actually thought Q and AC played the run better than TH, but were horrible at defending the pass.

• J Hill

I thought we had the talent to run away with the division last year. I think the injuries to the secondary and our starting QB going down derailed that.

We’ve rebounded nicely by upgrading the QB situation. The same way the WRs and QB looked light years better in JCs second year is the same reason it will look better Palmer’s second year.

I’m bringing back as much of the squad as possible. Just add depth at LB and CB. LB depth improves our STs as well.

• DMAC

Q is the only guy I saw make plays behind the line of scrimmage for losses.

• M Lonetree

do coaches have a sort of Wonderlic test to see what wattage their bulbs burn at?

sample question -

4th and 9, 17 seconds left, down by two, ball at your own 42, no timeouts…do you

a) call for pass routes over the middle to get the 1st down hoping to spike the ball?
    b) call for sideline routes to get the 1st down and stop the clock?
    c) run a sweep?
    d) have your QB heave the ball as far as he can hoping for a TD or a PI?
    e) try a 76 yd FG?
    f) punt?

yeah we do finally need another DT.

Especially since the switch to 3-4 seems to be upon us.

Go get Solai and an undrafted rookie.

Trade Kelly for a 3rd.

***

ROG, SnB & Dakota,

we’ve recruited another semi pro!

a big ugly is just what the doctor ordered :)

• J Hill

———————————————————–

LOL!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

HD37,

I’m not saying you made it up. I was asking if you can share the source of your information. I will google it and post the results for you.
    His skinny legs and fumbles were a concern, but I don’t remember anything about injuries.

• Dakota

HayesDaze37,

You don’t trade a young player who is a potential superstar for 2nd and 4th round picks, who may or may not be serviceable nfl players.

Sorry to have to break this news to you.

• DMAC

J Hill Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:42 am

And for the record, 3 years later, yeah we do finally need another DT.

Especially since the switch to 3-4 seems to be upon us.

Go get Solai and an undrafted rookie.

Trade Kelly for a 3rd.
    ===========

Make it happen Reggie!

• hwnrdr

1109.DMAC Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:50 am
    Q is the only guy I saw make plays behind the line of scrimmage for losses.

I believe he sarted playing better when he lost his starting job to Curry!

• Dakota

1113.Raider O Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 10:52 am
    HD37,

+++++++++++

Let me save you the time….McFadden had one non-football related injury while in college.

• HayesDaze37

That’s because he didn’t miss games then, O. His game attendance was great. If he missed games it would’ve been wider news. And he’d have been a 2nd-round pick.

***

Jhill,

we just need depth at CB?

your 5 CB’s are going to be CJ37, DVD, Chekwa, Sheppard & McCann ???

speaking of LB special teamers: Sam Williams, Ricky Brown, Bruce Davis II and Isaiah Ekejiuba were all excellent on special teams!

thoughts on bringing a few of those guys back?

• M Lonetree

Dakota,

take some of the money from Baby Long Worthy’s college fund and buy your boy McF some cleats that will prevent
    the playus interruptus he suffers.
    also, put a note in the shoe box reminding him that playing more games does give him the right to resurrect his fumbleitis.

• J Hill

——————————————————-

Have to know that the other team is going to be guarding the sideline pass.

17 seconds is plenty of time to complete a 10 yd pass over the middle, get the ball spiked, and run your pro bowl kicker in for the win.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

In 2006, despite a slow start due to a dislocated toe from an off the field incident at a night club in Little Rock,[14] McFadden rushed for a school-record 1,647 yards, the fifth best all-time in the SEC for single season yards, scored 14 touchdowns, and threw for three more touchdowns on just nine passing attempts, becoming a first-team All-American. (according to wiki)

He started 11 games his rookie season, started 13 in 07, and starred 14 games in 08. What injuries are you talking about?

• DMAC

What do you guys think about Puhua?
    Might come a little cheaper than Solai.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That’s what I remember too.

• J Hill

your 5 CB’s are going to be CJ37, DVD, Chekwa, Sheppard & McCann ???

———————————————————-

I sure hope not.

Shepparf and McCann are gone.

I’d imagine CJ37 will get a shot to show what he has left in minicamp.

I think DVD is going to be a playa for us.

I think we’ll certainly sign at least one starting CB in FA.

• Carl Weathers

RRS, agreed, no need to mess with the WR/TE roster spots, aside from Louis “big play bad play” Murphy.
    LMAO at JLH! I would rather resign Schilens and find Doug Gabriel than bring him back. JLH/Zack Miller/Louis Murphy = SHELL SHOCKED!

• J Hill

I’ll take any of the big ugly’s.

Bryant from Det might even be a good option.

I agree that we don’t need to break the bank for a 3-4 NT. We can find one in rd 4.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

HD,

I can’t find anything about DMAC being injured at Ark other than that sigke injury which wasn’t football related.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Single*

I’d imagine CJ37 will get a shot to show what he has left in minicamp.

I think DVD is going to be a playa for us.

I think we’ll certainly sign at least one starting CB in FA.

***

CJ37 is one starter. DVD & Check can compete for the starting gig opposite him, with the “loser” getting considerable reps as nickel corner

what would be wrong having Sheppard & McCann as 4th & 5th CB’s ???

We don’t have much fun money for FA or picks in the draft. Plus your secondary is only as good as your pass rush imo

• HayesDaze37

Like I said…he played through all injuries in college.

You guys are taking the RB situation waaay too personal. DMC is our most valuable, tradeable asset, plain and simple.

No matter who we like (I think DMC’s terrific, btw), we need to face facts: DMC can bring value to the team by being traded. Whereas, he does nothing for us on the bench.

• J Hill

Why not go with 5 WRs and keep our 4 TEs?

***

CW,

I wouldn’t be upset if we re-signed Chaz Schilens for 2-years at the vet minimum!

JLH has more value on special teams though. Plus he’s more of a playmaker and less injury prone

• DMAC

Whereas, he does nothing for us on the bench.
    ========

I luv DMAC, but this is so true.
    I still wouldn’t trade him though.

Why not go with 5 WRs and keep our 4 TEs?

***

Jhill,

Because most of our WR’s haven’t proven they can stay healthy for 16 games

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Speaking of VALUE:

DMAC is one of the best RBs in the game when healthy. He can run and catch, and he can throw. He can score any time he touches the ball.

Draft picks are unknown. They can be great, good, avg, or busts.

The value is in keeping DMAC, and not trading him now. We can still trade DMAC next season, if he can’t stay healthy. He is still under contract for 2 more seasons.

• HayesDaze37

Signing and trading MBush makes no sense — the first 2-years of his new deal is going to make it cost-prohibitive.

DMC is a maybe-mega-superstar, whose career is already HALF OVER, while riding the pines half of the time. Pair MBush with a workhorse from Free Agency, and watch the Raiders churn yardage.

Gotta run!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

HayesDaze37 Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 11:05 am
    Like I said…he played through all injuries in college.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Can you support your statement with facts? I tried, but I couldn’t find anything that supports your claim.

• J Hill

I like CJ37, RRS.

If he’s healthy and recovered from that terrible situation with his family, then yes I think he could start for us.

If DVD comes back with that extra 10 lbs, I think he could be the other starter

Chekwa could be much better in the new zone coverages instead of so much man. Just though he was a little stiff.

A lot of if’s with that though.

I think we need at least one starting corner via FA.

I’m so concerned about our corner situation that I’d be willing to cut Wimbley and use his salary to bring in 2 guys.

• Carl Weathers

I really hope the new regime uses Ford as our full time KR/PR in 2012.

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

POST-1136,KEY PHRASE THERE IS “WHEN HEALTHY”.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

O Mock Draft 1.0:
    5- RB T Ganaway
    6- FS J Jackson

Trade Huff & TK for 2 4th round picks. Maybe a 3rd & a 4th if we get lucky.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

That’s why I added that phrase my friend. I know he is very talented, by he hasn’t proved that he can stay healthy so far. I’m willing to give him one more season with a new GM & HC since he is under contract for 2 more seasons, and he wasn’t injury prone at college.

I think we need at least one starting corner via FA.

***

Jhill,

2 questions.

#1 Who would replace Wimbley?

#2 What CB would you target in FA thats in our price range?

I mean, Reggie might cut Wimbley just to help dissolve some of that $11 million we’re over the cap – Right?

• DMAC

Lunch time!

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

I AGREE RAIDER O.JUST FRUSTRATING ESPECIALLY DOWN THE STRETCH LAST YEAR WHEN TEAM REALLY NEEDED HIM.

new post

• Pingback: Beats By Dre Hodetelefoner

• Pingback: This is the beginning of my Internet Life. I have reitred from the grind. There is quite a rich diversity of information in blogs so I am getting involved and commenting. I don't understand everything that is in all the blogs that I read, but I like your

• Pingback: wtf