Raiders live chat Tuesday at noon

By Jon Becker
Monday, February 27th, 2012 at 2:08 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Steve Corkran will conduct his weekly Raiders live chat on Tuesday at noon as he discusses what the team may do in free agency, and what they may do with Michael Bush.

• JB

We are currently tied for first place in the 2012 season.

• Silverandblack666

repost:

“If it’s not about the X’s and the O’s then why did the Raiders “O” shoot up so much 2 years ago?
    Or the Texans Defense this year?”

Darnerius Moore, Jason Campbell, DHB coming of age, McFadden used in a more creative manner, Jared Veldheer made a huge difference as did WIZ.

The Texans added 4 new starters to their already solid defense last year 2 in the secondary which was their weakness.

If it was all about scheme like you claim then why have the scouting combine why care about how fast a WR can run or how much a MLB weighs. Hell why even have a draft just get a bunch of scrubs off the street and pay them the minimum salary and use your magical scheme to win a Super Bowl.

• Raider Weapon X

edward teach Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:04 pm
    I have read in here that Bush is somehow a better fit for a ZBS scheme than McFadden, and how DMac is not suited to the new offense.

Hogwash.

Bush is not decisive enough to be an effective ZBS runner at this point in his career. Takes way too much time for him to figure out where he’s going. McFadden is an elite running back with a very quick first step; he gets up to speed and hits holes quickly, and makes yards after contact. Any “statistical analysis” of his first couple of years in Oakland with the ZBS is flawed if it doesn’t take into account injuries and Cable’s insistence on playing Fargas first. Elite running backs can thrive just about anywhere, and McFadden will have great success in the new offense barring further health problems. Count on it.

=================

Bush had solid stats and big games in the ZBS

RNS rules

• raiderzmaverick

Silverandblack666 Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 1:55 pm

More creative than Knapp you mean?

Let me clarify….Dennis Allen will not let Knapp be the Knapp of old he has higher expectations then Cable of Kiffin.

IMO Cale was clueless and had to lean on Knapp with a weaker roster and a horrible QB.

This year Knapp will be a better OC because he has DA to lean on and a roster of better players.

The O-Line has changed a lot since 2008 so we can all look to that area as well as to why McFadden has gotten better.
    ===============================
    I agree with you – we definitely have better players. I just hope to hell you’re right. A unit can go from looking pretty good to looking crummy with a change of scheme and people not being comfortable.

Look how much worse our defense looked this year compared to last with the same players.

Knapp likes to run certain types of offenses. Even if we didn’t have the personnel I think he’d still want to run those offenses. That’s the only thing I’m worried about. Will our offense look as good trying to run these things.

Will our O-Line be as good switching back to a new scheme again.

Will DMC play as decisive?

Will our speed deamon WRs be able to run the precise timed routes?

Will Palmer be able to be athletic like Knapp says he is and do a lot of throws on the run, boot legs etc?

I always say if things are going well, don’t change everything. I don’t care if they switch the Defense to a 3-4, or if they change everything. It was horrible. It needs a huge change. But little things in scheme make a huge difference in the success or failure of a player. If that wasn’t the case than DeAngelo Hall (who’s very athletic) would’ve fit in our defense. Hall was a “Bust” in this scheme. He was a probowl player with the Falcons. Aso was a probowl player with us. He was suddenly lost with the Eagles.

If you try to force an square peg (even a very athletic one) into a round hole it just ain’t gonna work. Thus, my observations about McFadden not being as comfortable in the Zone Blocking Scheme. Aso not being as comfortable in the Zone coverage schemes. And Hall not being as comfortable in the man-to-man full time. And thus suddenly all looking like busts and seeming “out of place, a step behind and lost”

• Raider Weapon X

Silverandblack666 Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:10 pm
    repost:

Or the Texans Defense this year?”

=======================

Partially but the lonmg and the short of it is the real answer I fear is HUE JACKSON.

How quickly people forget what a ****pile Oaklands offense was for YEARS.

Yes, there were extenuating but the fact is Hue took what Cable had and made us one of the most explosive Offenses in the game.

Keeping Saunders was a good idea but if Knapp pulls his BS run run run and run some more unimaginative cr*p again we’ll get the same results we did back then.

Go Raider Nation Station!

• raiderzmaverick

Silverandblack666 Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:10 pm

repost:

Or the Texans Defense this year?”

==============================
    It’s fitting the scheme to the players. Using the players to their strengths. As I stated above, a player can look like magic in one scheme and suddenly be a bust in another.

• Raider Weapon X

4. Extremely astute post Very niiiiize!

• Raider Weapon X

Oops I forgot to identify my self as the true Raider Weapon X that time with a nod to RNS

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

THIS SUCKS DUDE!!!!! I JUST READ THAT THE KC QUEEFS ARE STRONG CANDIDATES TO MAKE A HEAVY PUSH TO SIGN JC, WHERE HE WILL REUNITE WITH JIM ZORN!!!!! PLEASE GOD DONT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

IF JC SIGNS THERE WITH BOWE BREASTON AND J CHARLES IT WILL BE UGLY FOR THE REST OF THE DIVISION. I WOULD HATE FRO JC TO COME IN HERE AND BEAT THE HELL OUT OF US!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Silverandblack666

I will say one more thing about scheme and then I am done with this topic.

In the 1960′s Lombardi’s Packers would run the sweep 15-20 times a game everyone knew it was coming even the opposing defenses the problem was they could not stop it very often.

In the 1980′s the Redskins would run the counter trey 20 times a game and everyone knew it was coming but Riggins still got his yards.

Execution and talent trumps scheme every time.

• raiderzmaverick

And, by the way, that’s what the best coaches do. They consistantly adjust their scheme to fit their players and the changing of the times.

The coaches that succeed, do it and you’ll see they’re constantly adjusting.

The ones that fail keep trying the same thing, and try to fit everyone to “their scheme”.

• raiderzmaverick

Silverandblack666 Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I will say one more thing about scheme and then I am done with this topic.

In the 1960’s Lombardi’s Packers would run the sweep 15-20 times a game everyone knew it was coming even the opposing defenses the problem was they could not stop it very often.

In the 1980’s the Redskins would run the counter trey 20 times a game and everyone knew it was coming but Riggins still got his yards.

Execution and talent trumps scheme every time.
    ===================================
    Yep – then the times changed and it didn’t work any more.

• Raider Weapon X

I noticed Raider Len dissapeared.

He was “skeptical” about me being hacked and impersonated .

So I impersonated him…

Raider Len Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    RaiderLen Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

How is it that you get hacked all the time.

I’m skeptical.

——————–

Hi! I’m now Raider Len.

I love Raider Nation Station and read it all the time but thats pretty clear by the quality of information and insight I have on the Oakland Raiders.

Still skeptical?
    =======

Havent heard back

• edward teach

********************************************************

Wrong. Cable had Jamarcus Russell, and was forced to try and make it work.

Apples and oranges.

• Silverandblack666

Mistic1 I have a feeling that JC will be a Jet next year and have the chance to compete with Sanchez for the starting QB spot.

Just a hunch…..

• raiderzmaverick

edward teach Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:22 pm

********************************************************

Wrong. Cable had Jamarcus Russell, and was forced to try and make it work.

Apples and oranges.
    ====================
    I wouldn’t exactly call Gradkowski and Campbell the Mannings of the NFL.

• Raider Weapon X

raiderzmaverick Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:20 pm
    Silverandblack666 Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I will say one more thing about scheme and then I am done with this topic.

Execution and talent trumps scheme every time.
    ===================================
    Yep – then the times changed and it didn’t work any more.

===============

And the Bears won the SuperBowl with a 4-6 D but teams went dink dunk west coast and adapted to defeat it as a base D.

Tim Tebow ran High schooll college plays against the bigs and had success.

This too shall pass.

Football, like combat is highly fluid and subject to change.

• edward teach

DMC as Jerry mac pointed out, didn’t flourish until they ditched the Knapp / Cable ZBS

********************************************************

Oversimplification. Look at the game performances during that period, then look at his injuries during the same time frame. Then factor in Cable’s starting Fargas and giving him the bulk of the work, ostensibly because McFadden wasn’t up to speed with blocking assignments and so forth.

I keep hearing that DMac isn’t a fit with the ZBS, but I have yet to see anyone post a quote from him or anyone else that supports that theory. He to my knowledge has said nothing negative about it, and the professional football coaches in Oakland seem to think he will do fine.

Another blog wives’ tale bites the dust, as a good many do when subject to scrutiny.

• Silverandblack666

“Look at the Patriots for example. They go from a conservative run-first offense, to a high-octane spead offense, to a primarily 2 TE offense. They bring in new personnel and change it to fit their strengths.”

This is a good point and is exactly what Dennis Allen and Knapp should be doing is looking at our roster and letting that dictate what scheme we run.

• RaiderLen

Execution and talent trumps scheme every time.
    ——————————-
    I agree with this.

So did AL.

So obviously we are gonna need a combination of all three elements.

• Raider Weapon X

16. Exactly.

RNS roolz

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Silverandblack666 Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Just a hunch…..
    ====

• RaiderLen

Raider Weapon X Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:21 pm
    I noticed Raider Len dissapeared.

He was “skeptical” about me being hacked and impersonated .

So I impersonated him…

Raider Len Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    RaiderLen Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

How is it that you get hacked all the time.

I’m skeptical.

——————–

Hi! I’m now Raider Len.

Still skeptical?
    =======

Havent heard back
    ————————
    I’m here,

Stepped out for a minute.

Not skeptical.

Pretty twisted though if you ask me.

• Silverandblack666

“RNS rocks? Whatever. Try to be a little more thorough with your analysis and a little less opinionated.”

Yeah I agree I wont read that opinionated crap anymore its not a good read. It’s just a bunch of hot air.

Its almost like listening to ESPN or one of Sully44 posts.

Not for me.

• raiderzmaverick

Silverandblack666 Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:24 pm

==================================
    Amen brother. Let’s hope Knapp can adapt.

• Raider Weapon X

18 I know who you are multiple names or not.

U eschew stats and reason when it doesn’t fit your view and then try to count them when it does.

Take your hater b*tt anger somewhere else Mary. My Kung Fu is the best

RAIDER NATION STATION is gawd

• raiderzmaverick

RaiderLen Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Raider Weapon X Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:21 pm
    I noticed Raider Len dissapeared.

He was “skeptical” about me being hacked and impersonated .

So I impersonated him…

Raider Len Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    RaiderLen Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

How is it that you get hacked all the time.

I’m skeptical.

——————–

Hi! I’m now Raider Len.

Still skeptical?
    =======

Havent heard back
    ————————
    I’m here,

Stepped out for a minute.

Not skeptical.

Pretty twisted though if you ask me.
    =================
    No $hit

• RaiderLen

Amen brother. Let’s hope Knapp can adapt.
    ——————–
    The guy is highly motivated to make it work.

He’ll adjust.

He has no excuse.

He HAS the talent.

• edward teach

raiderzmaverick Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:23 pm
    edward teach Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:22 pm

********************************************************

Wrong. Cable had Jamarcus Russell, and was forced to try and make it work.

Apples and oranges.
    ====================
    I wouldn’t exactly call Gradkowski and Campbell the Mannings of the NFL.

********************************************************

Are you suggesting that Campbell was not an upgrade from Jamarcus Russell? Are you suugesting that getting McFadden more involved with the offense wasn’t an upgrade over Fargas? Jacoby Ford over Johnny Lee Higgins? Etc., etc….

C’mon, man.

• Silverandblack666

“That would be far more tolerable, but it would also be an instant upgrade for the jest. That move would make put them back in the playoffs, and sb contention”

Doesn’t JC seem to be a perfect fit for the Jets?

To me its a perfect match and I know he could easily beat out Sanchez and quickly get up to speed there. If I was a Jet fan I would be all over this.

• Just Fire Baby

Where is all those who wanted to draft Burfict, said we should trade up to get him, and he is the next Ray Lewis?

He is being described by scouts as a complete disaster in his interviews, and probably will fall to the 4th or 5th round.

• lefty12

#9-that’s the best news I’ve heard in a long time.That would guarantee us 2 division wins a year.Make it happen.

• YoungAmerican

Yep – then the times changed and it didn’t work any more.

————

Teams when championships when the coaching staff puts together a scheme that utilizes the specific skills of the players on the roster, who in turn need to use their talent to execute consistently.

• RaiderLen

Just Fire Baby Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:30 pm

—————————
    I claim no knowledge of Burfict, so I’d presume they’re out looking for the next Ray Lewis, who;s name isn’t Burfict…lol

• Silverandblack666

“Amen brother. Let’s hope Knapp can adapt.”

I will admit that when I saw the Knapp hire i was a little upset and had my doubts BUT….Reggie has shown that change is at hand and DA now has the authority that no coach has ever had in Oakland before.

They seem to be working well together so far so with that in mind I am going to trust Knapp under the supervision of DA and RM…..until he screws up then I will be in here complaining my ass off!

• edward teach

RaiderWeaponX,

Why is it that when someone disagrees with a post in here they’re automatically assumed to have multiple screen names?

I post as Edward Teach, and nobody else. I have my views and posat them under one name, and one name only. It’s always been that way.

Take your girl fight someplace else.

• Silverandblack666

“Teams when championships when the coaching staff puts together a scheme that utilizes the specific skills of the players on the roster, who in turn need to use their talent to execute consistently”

Nice post YA!

• Just Win Baby

Second string RBs aren’t hard to find. In the ZBS, Rock Cartwright might be insurance enough with McFragile and Taiwan Jones on the roster. Who knows? 2012 is going to be about differences defensively, rather than offensively, If we take anything other than defensive talent with the limited draft picks that we have, something is terribly wrong.

• Raider Weapon X

YoungAmerican Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:31 pm
    Yep – then the times changed and it didn’t work any more.

————

==============

BINGO!

The Hybrid succeeds. Pats have been very good at it. They’re one of the few who adopted the “Moneyball” system and it worked like a charm for them.

That and you know, cheating like bishes.

• cfrylopez

City Resolution on “Coliseum City” project to be viewed by Oakland City Council Feb 28th at 2:00 pm PST – 2/27/2012
    Posted on February 27, 2012 by A’s Fan Radio
    Sorry for the late word on this, but tomorrow afternoon, the Oakland City Council will be reviewing a city resolution on the “Coliseum City” project tomorrow at 2 pm in the Sgt. Mark Dunakin Room – 1st Floor at Oakland City Hall, located at 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, California 94612. Coliseum City is the 5th item on the agenda and docs can view by clicking here.

We are HIGHLY ENCOURAGING all fans of the OAKLAND Athletics, OAKLAND RAIDERS & Golden State Warriors to attend this meeting and make our voices heard that we will not just stand by and let ANY of these teams leave The Town without a fight. This issue is not just Oakland’s problem anymore, but the ENTIRE EAST BAY’S PROBLEM and its time for all to join as one and step our game up.

• Silverandblack666

Edward Teach is a regular here and has been for a very long time I can verify this myself….where as you are a newbie and a spammer of RNS.

• Just Win Baby

Edward Teach – it’s because so many of these posters have nothing else to live for except their window of relevence on this blog, so they have multiple aliases to fill their tragic void. They must assume we are all as pathetic as they are.

• RaiderLen

Men use one screen name, boy’s multiple.

Pretty simple.

• Raider Weapon X

There we go. RNS rocks.

See now how Ricochet and every other name this jerk uses can be more than an annoyance? Jerk trying to force me off.

Not havin it.

RNS rocks

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

They should limit one User Account for one IP Address.

This won’t get rid of people using proxy servers and the like, but it’ll help.

• DutchRaider77

___________________________________________________

The decision to go with Deion Branch and Chad Johnson did not work out too well. Only reason I bring this up is all the whining after the SB that the Pats did not bring in any receivers. I bet that all our receivers salaries combined did not equal Branch/Johnson salary.

• RaiderLen

Silverandblack666 Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Nice post YA!
    ——————–
    All of the above, and add to that a GM and an organizational philosophy about the type of football you want to play, and what scouts should be looking for, and you establish long term organizational success.

• Just Win Baby

Tashaun Gipson is a safety from University of Wyoming who will be available in the later rounds who will be worth looking at. So is George Iloka from Boise State.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Just Win Baby Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:36 pm

————————————————
    Really, it’s kind of mind-boggling how pathetic and needy some of these trolls are.

• RaiderLen

RaiderDuck Says:
    February 27th, 2012 at 2:43 pm
    They should limit one User Account for one IP Address.

This won’t get rid of people using proxy servers and the like, but it’ll help.
    —————–