Wimbley, Raiders at stalemate

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, March 11th, 2012 at 1:37 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The latest on the Kamerion Wimbley situation, via an e-mail from his agent, Joe Linta: “No outgoing calls and no incoming calls.”

If the Raiders have made their final offer and don’t have plans to sweeten the pot, Wimbley will likely be cut before free agency begins or at the very least by March 17.

To review, if Wimbley will get an extra $17.5 million in guaranteed money if he’s on the roster by that date _ his $4.5 million base this season, his $11 million base next season and at least $2 million of his $10 million base in 2014.

This is a different situation than with Stanford Routt, whom the club made no effort to keep. They wanted no part of the contract or the player. The Raiders like Wimbley, but want him to take less money. Wimbley figures he can take his $6.5 million guaranteed from the Raiders and add a rich contract in free agency that will be more money than Oakland has any intention of paying him. He’s a good nickel rusher, but he’s not DeMarcus Ware or Tamba Hali.

Bottom line is the Raiders way overpaid Wimbley last season and essentially priced themselves out of his services when taking into account a more sensible salary structure instituted by general manager Reggie McKenzie.

To lump Wimbley in with the recent contract repairs for Richard Seymour, Carson Palmer and Michael Huff and portray him as selfish isn’t fair. None of those players was asked to take a pay cut, only to move money around to lower the cap number.

• guest123

Just Fire Baby Says:
    March 12th, 2012 at 11:49 am
    Hoping for 80-85 receptions from Darren McFadden is pretty pie in the sky if you ask me.

I am at about 50/50 he will give us 100 CARRIES this season.

********

Yeah, I’m pretty optimitic. But if DMAC goes down for a long stretch, I will back waaaaay off any hopes for 2012. As DMAC goes, so go the Raiders.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

It took M Jackson 2 months to realize Biedrins was killing the team. D Wright also needs more time on the bench, why start that cat ? Udoh is turning into something VERY nice. Nate (mini 50 cent) is a nice spark off the bench especially when Curry tweaks his feet/ankles every other game.

When does Kwame return?
    _________

hwnrdr Says:
    March 12th, 2012 at 11:48 am

A winning record since we started starting Udoh.

David Lee + Ekpe Udoh are actually an above average NBA frontcourt.

They had a good weekend! i was supposed to be there this past Saturday, but my friends chose not to go because they felt it was better to go to a party instead…oh well, to be young again!

Trade DMAC for Tebow!

Then cut the poseur.

• Just Fire Baby

Wright played pretty well last night. He is a bit streaky, but he is a decent on-the-ball perimeter defender, and doesn’t seem to try to do too much offensively.

Nate Robinson is cool as a backup, and is also a really good defender, but his high-wire act will eventually run thin. He is not a natural PG and his assist to turnover ratio isn’t very good.

Udoh is a future NBA all-first team defender.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Wright hit some 3′s last night but he needs to sit down and earn his minutes. K thompson can hit 3′s and can make his own shot and handles the ball extremely well for a rookie. B rush can also hit those 3′s so why the Fk is Wright the starter?

• Just Fire Baby

Because Wright is the better defender.

Rush is kind of flattening out. The man has horrible hands, he is constantly dropping passes and rebounds, and fumbling dribbles.

I like him, but either he can’t catch or the minutes are adding up on him.

• hwnrdr

because maybe Wright was the man last year…but, different type of O, yeah he needs to sit and provide spark off the bench!

• CJ Legend 34

547.RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 12th, 2012 at 11:47 am
    your boy DHB had 64 receptions

***

@bcz

yup. this year King Darrius will have 75-90 catches !!

————————–
    What up RR?????

Do you think we are set at WR or do we get a vet?

• Just Fire Baby

I think Klay is better off the bench than he would be as a starter (at least now), and Wright is better as a starter than he would be off the bench.

Klay is banging out 20+ minutes a night of late, 27 last night, so he is almost playing just as much as Wright anyways.

• J Hill

What is our nickel defense going to look like next year?

• Just Fire Baby

Can we cut Wimbley please, so we can move on to the next topic?

• DKnight007

Manning and Wayne are going to Miami, Houston or Arizona!

Manning isn’t going to play in the cold weather in Denver and he doesn’t have as many good weapons as he would with the other teams above.

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Waddup Nation.

Rack ‘em

• guest123

yup. this year King Darrius will have 75-90 catches !!

******

only if he gets 180 targets!

• Just Fire Baby

What is our nickel defense going to look like next year?

***************************

It might look different on a damn near week-to-week basis.

I don’t think you will see a D-line of some of our slower rushers like Seymour, Houston and Bryant though. Need some quickness off the edge.

• hwnrdr

562.DKnight007 Says:
    March 12th, 2012 at 12:18 pm
    Manning and Wayne are going to Miami, Houston or Arizona!

Schefter reported that he will now visit Miami, and…Tennessee!

• Just Fire Baby

Allen and Tarver are going to strive to be one of the msot diverse defenses in the league. May not happen overnight, but it will happen.

Some of us Semi-Pro’s are going to have to step our game up and hit the “film” room!!!!

Do you think we are set at WR or do we get a vet?

***

whats up CJL?

I think we’re good at WR.
    DHB, Moore, Ford & Murphy are your top 4 wides

5th & 6th wr’s might as well be Hagan & Schilens.

or perhaps even JLH !!!

Schefter reported that he will now visit Miami, and…Tennessee

***

@Hwnrdr

I thought it was reported just this morning that he wasn’t making any more visits ?

LOL

• hwnrdr

569.RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 12th, 2012 at 12:27 pm
    Schefter reported that he will now visit Miami, and…Tennessee

***

@Hwnrdr

LOL

Right?

• J Hill

It might look different on a damn near week-to-week basis.

—————————————————————-

Could you be a bit more specific?

Who do you think the 4 DLmen will be?

***

@JFB

thats why you’re paying us [Jhill & RRS] the big bucks!!

My contract = a lease to hunt on your property, wear jeans to work every friday and a bucket of KFC twice a month on the day of your choosing

• bcz24

****************
    LOL… I wear jeans to work EVERY day… well, except in the summer. I wear shorts in the summer.

Manning visits doubled.

Donkeys & Cards … add Titans & Fish

then they’ll say Manning is done with visits and this or that team is the front runner.

then he’ll schedule two more visits, LOL

he is gonna draft this thing on past the draft :P

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

It doesn’t look like M Bush, is as coveted, as I thought. Hope he stays. Teams are using more than one back these days.

• guest123

@AdamSchefter 12:13pm via UberSocial for BlackBerry
    Cowboys lose $10 million in cap space, Redskins lose $36 million in space. Can split it over 2012 and 2013 any way they want. More at ESPN.

************

What did the Cowboys and Redskins do this time? How did the get penalized, especially the Skins!

@bcz

I don’t know that JFB will approve of the whole “jeans” thing. I asked him if Jhill & I could wear bowling shirts like Tom Cable and he was not pleased. said something about John Herrera even wearing a suit. maybe the casual days are over? what does that mean for Dennis Allen though? can he still rock the visor?

does he have to wear a suit on the sidelines like Mike Nolan or Jack Del Rio ??

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I wonder if Manning wants to play in the cold of Denver?

• Just Fire Baby

*******************************

You are free to hunt wherever you want, you have an expense account for your KFC, but jeans ARE NOT ALLOWED on site.

• guest123

@AdamSchefter

All that money goes to 28 other teams — $1.6 million each — except for Saints and Raiders, who don’t get any but don’t lose any.

******

Piss on this news!

• Just Fire Baby

Bowling shirts and SLACKS will be ALLOWED on Friday’s, but not encouraged.

• guest123

Skins and Boys penalized due to illegal front loading of contracts in the uncapped year of 2010.

Redskins lose $36 million in cap space

***

that would be funny if RG3 priced himself out of the Redskins ability to sign!

with the rookie cap I’m not sure that is possible, but it would be hilarious since they just traded their future away to the Rams

• BabySlash

Kam Wimbley is a good playa and we made a good deal to get him for a 3rd round pick. Al wanted him because Kam had one of those 3 sack games against the Raiders when we had that creep Barry Sims and Wimbley worked him in one of his great efforts against a slow OT who has no clue.

Cut him now. He is not worth 11 million. He’s worth about 5 million and somebody else will pick him up and give it to him and combine it with the 6.5 million we have to pay him. Hence he’ll still get his 11 million.

• Just Fire Baby

Could you be a bit more specific?

Who do you think the 4 DLmen will be?

****************************

Not sure if we will even have 4 D-lineman. You might see a lot of this 5 guys rushing, only 1 of them with a hand on the ground stuff.

But gun to my head, I would say it will be TK, Shonasty, Trevor Scott-type replacement, anddddd………I don’t know the 4th.

• J Hill

Why are the Saints and Raiders excluded?

• bcz24

***************************
    I am a bean counting capologist. I do my job from home. I will throw some pants on for office days or game day.

• Just Fire Baby

I think on the open market, Wimbley will get around 4 years 21 million, 13 or so guaranteed.

And I doubt he will overly please his new employer.

@AdamSchefter

Piss on this news!

***

@G123

the NFL still hates the Raiders. I guess the passing of Al Davis didn’t change our perception in their eyes.

Raiders = most penalized team of 2012?

• J Hill

———————————————————-

What role do you see Des Bryant and Houston playing next year?

No Seymour in nickle situations?

• guest123

Welcome to Washington RG3, we were going to get you Vincent Jackson. Now you’ll have nothing and like it.

• Just Fire Baby

Dennis Allen will be encouraged to wear the visor.

All NFL approved Raider headgear can be worn around the facility, however you cannot wear your cover indoors, just like the Marines.

• bcz24

So they are taking cap space from the Cowboys and Skins for a smart business decision in front loading contracts, and distributing it to everyone BUT Oakland and NO? First, why the hell are the punishing smart owners for good business practices, and secondly why are the saints and Raiders excluded from the distribution?

Maybe thats why DHB’s cap # is 8 something this year. Must be Al tried to pay it all as salary in ’10 but the league told him he couldnt…

• CJ Legend 34

Here is a little soemthing to take the edge off of the “nothing to report” withdraw.

***

LOL!

I wish my wife would let me sit around the house on Raider sundays, naked eating cheetos.

her family always shows up unannounced. and most of the time I like to grill outside. no privacy fence

• CJ Legend 34