Bryant gets 2nd-round tender from Raiders

The Raiders placed a second-round tender on restricted free agent Desmond Bryant. That means that the Raiders are entitled to a second-round draft pick as compensation if Bryant is offered a contract by another team and the Raiders refuse to match the offer.
In other news, the Raiders declined to make a qualifying offer to safety Jerome Boyd. Therefore, Boyd is free to sign with any team, with the Raiders not entitled to any compensation if he signs elsewhere.

Steve Corkran

• Dakota

“Bush is a bone-crushing pass blocker…”

Well, he DID allow Palmer’s bones to get crushed a time or two….sno not untirely untrue.

• MikieG

2012 Season: Carson Palmer > Peyton Manning

• r8eray

I’m glad we kept Curry..don’t think we could’ve gotten much for him!

• raidertalk

HairyBush Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:10 am
    guest123 Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:04 am
    As another poster in here astutely put it, we are waiting until the last minute (3/17, I believe), as the early free agency frenzy will be over by then. Kamerion playing hardball. So is Reggie.

********

Yes, & I was the first one who floated that idea.

———————
    I was just saying the same thing to my friend, If Kam wants to play games he may come out on the the short end of the stick. He may be dissapointed when all the teams with lots of $$ use it up by the 17th!
    ——————————————————-
    GOOD POINT! He could end up lossing money in his greed to leverage the Raiders, if the big money is dried up by the 17th. He’s no M. Williams.

• DMAC

RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:50 am

The candidates for LaRon Landry are the Jets, Eagles, Lions, and Patriots – PFT
    ===========

The hulk will probably hurt himself after a punishing tackle.

• John David Booty

Bush’s next Bone crushing block will be his first Bone crushing block. Im convinced these writers do not watch football. If any of you are dissatisfied with your current careers, try sports writer, apparently, anyone can do it.

• DMAC

r8eray Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:50 am

I’m glad we kept Curry..don’t think we could’ve gotten much for him!
    ============

A healthy Steph, yes (many takers). An injured Steph, no.

• J Hill

Bush is a bone-crushing pass blocker

—————————————————————-

??????????

• hwnrdr

896.RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:48 am
    where are these guys getting that info?

***

@Hwnrdr

Bush’s agent!

LOL

• hwnrdr

Someone asked Gasol for Melo? NO!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DMAC,

I like TK, but we have Houston, Bryant, and Seymour, so I don’t think we need him. I also think its a good idea to add a NT to help against the run. Henderson was a good idea, but he was old and injured.

• J Hill

Gasol for Melo?

————————————————————–

Of course!

• guest123

“bone crushing”, meaning – ow, I hurt my pinkie!, MWWWWWWAAAA……AAAAAAA!!!

• r8eray

DMAC Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:52 am
    r8eray Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:50 am

I’m glad we kept Curry..don’t think we could’ve gotten much for him!
    ============

A healthy Steph, yes (many takers). An injured Steph, no.

———–

No, no no….you have me mistaken!

I’m talking about Aaron Curry….I’m a die hard Laker!!

LMFAO!!!!

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

And I will throw your cackling buffoon a$$ off the wagon every time you hop on…haha heehee lol
    ______

DKnight007 Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:16 am

My team is the Lake Show baby!

But I’m one of those who still root for W’s to do well….but they never do. haha

• John David Booty

DMAC Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:50 am
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:50 am

The candidates for LaRon Landry are the Jets, Eagles, Lions, and Patriots – PFT
    ===========

The hulk will probably hurt himself after a punishing tackle.
    —————————————————-
    I think Landry just decided that he doesnt want to be a Safety anymore, and is ready to make the jump to LB. Cant recall a Safety that big.

• J Hill

Gasol for Amare and Novak

• DMAC

r8eray Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:55 am

DMAC Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:52 am
    r8eray Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:50 am

I’m glad we kept Curry..don’t think we could’ve gotten much for him!
    ============

A healthy Steph, yes (many takers). An injured Steph, no.

———–

No, no no….you have me mistaken!

I’m talking about Aaron Curry….I’m a die hard Laker!!

LMFAO!!!!
    =============

My bad.
    Dubs all day here!!!
    lol

• Carl Weathers

John David Booty Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:51 am

@@@@@@

You’re probably right. They watched the Jets/Pats/9ers/cowgirls and just make up sh!t about other teams. Hmmm Bush is 260 pounds!! Damn he must be a great blocker!

• hwnrdr

What’s up Mista?
    What you think about that Monta trade?

• J Hill

Dakota,

KG will sign with the Lakers as a FA next year, so yeah I’d do Gasol for Melo.

• DMAC

John David Booty Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:55 am

DMAC Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:50 am
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:50 am

The candidates for LaRon Landry are the Jets, Eagles, Lions, and Patriots – PFT
    ===========

The hulk will probably hurt himself after a punishing tackle.
    —————————————————-
    =============

Dude is fk’n huge!!! (probably juiced)
    Is he moving to LB or wtf?

• hwnrdr

917.J Hill Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:55 am
    Gasol for Amare and Novak

Ok, I can live with that

Cant recall a Safety that big

***

Booty,

what about Darnell Bing?

• J Hill

Dakota,

If you could find a way to get Carmelo on the team, I’d be ok with you also letting Bynum go for Howard.

• J Hill

LOL, Hwn.

Funny thing is Novak is the prize, imo.

• SilverNBlackPA

Raiders official Twitter account announces Cooper Carlisle and John Henderson have been released

• RaiderLen

3,2,1…..

• SilverNBlackPA
  • YoungAmerican

So the entire right side of the O-line needs to be addressed, and the entire right side of the Texans O-line are free agents. Hmm…

• YoungAmerican

Good move for the Raiders, though. Needed to be done.

• DMAC

YoungAmerican Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 11:02 am

============

Bring em’ on.

• aig-raiders

I know some of you guys dont watch the Knicks like I have been since Lin started playing.

The Knicks would dump either Amare or Melo in a heartbeat for anything legit. Gasol for Melo makes the most sense for both teams. Melo is playing and demanding the ball like he is Kobe but he’s not Kobe. He is destroying the Knicks now. Shooting 39% since he came back. Takes the most shots on the team and still get less FTA then Lin. Maybe he will put his ego away in LA.

STAT is a barely a shadow of his former self. Dude can’t jump and his shots are blocked in the post. Got 3 rebounds against Bulls while the Bulls got 22 offensive rebounds.

• DMAC

Kind of surprised Coup got released. Wouldn’t mind seeing back as a back-up.

• Carl Weathers

Out with the old and in with the new…

• John David Booty

DMAC Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:57 am
    John David Booty Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:55 am

DMAC Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:50 am
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:50 am

The candidates for LaRon Landry are the Jets, Eagles, Lions, and Patriots – PFT
    ===========

The hulk will probably hurt himself after a punishing tackle.
    —————————————————-
    =============

Dude is fk’n huge!!! (probably juiced)
    Is he moving to LB or wtf?
    —————————————
    Definitely doesnt look natural. He has always had a cut physique, and I definitely like a little extra muscle on a Safety for hitting power, but realistically, it is truly going to be very difficult for him to play Safety like that. Gonna be interesting to watch him try though.

• DennisAllensVisor

J Hill Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:43 am
    Kaman, Turk & Ryan Anderson

————————————————————-

How is Kaman better than Bogut?

Did you see Turk fold the tent when he went to Toronto? I think that’s the Turk you’d see playing with Kaman instead of Howard.

If Bogut can get healthy and the Ws keep the #7 pick, they will be MUCH better next year. Playoff team for sure.
    —-

Crazy talk. W’s would have got out of Biedrins contract in trade and got back a center equal to Bogut in Kaman & one of the top young PFs in Ryand Anderson.

Instead they trade their best young big in Udoh and take back SJax contract.

• r8eray

Thought this was funny:

Courtesy of: LaRon Landry

Obviously much of this is written in Twitter shorthand, but here’s the dialog. Go to Landry’s feed if you want to see it all.

Fan: we need answers…as a Skins fan, i feel im owed an explanation as to why u feel like its ok to go the same route as David Boston

Landry: lol not in my veins fam… Stay blessed

Fan: cool. well we’ll see come august. we dont need you tearing a bicep when you go to wrap tackle.

Landry: if u wanna get real homie we can put it on the table-talk about it!!! Nvr know at goes on behind the scenes but I’m blessed-ready

Landry: if it comes to that I persevere thru it!!! Don’t forget achillies got like that bc I shot it up to play for y’all balee that

Fan: i watch every game, son. i remember. the fans concerned tho. pics surface of you muscled up beyond belief and it seems kinda off

Landry: u right I’m 218 no fat boss I just grind F sleep I can’t bc the thought of failure can’t do it!!! Respect tho homie

Fan: i’m not entirely sure what you’re saying, but my only point is we need you healthy more now that ever with Otogwe gone.

Landry: u know exactly wt I’m saying… Don’t lie to urself boss

Fan: the finer points of your syntax elude me sometimes.

Landry: respect

Landry: water getting to deep I know-get out ur doing right!!!

Fan: all im tryna figure out is if you think its safe to carry around a DE’s worth of muscle playing the saftey position. thats all

Landry: DE 218lbs.. .cmon man I’m done Lil bro do research or learn about the game!!! Lots of athletes are gifted only a few are SPECIAL!!!

Fan: yea u 218… but you gonna break down in the open field looking like this? what about ya hip swivel?

Landry: great art work of hard work you should try it clown instead of sitting on the couch criticizing- u lame Otta here!! Yyyeerrr

Fan: this aint about my workouts, bro. i’m doing fine. i just need know you wont resemble a ‘roided up body builder come Kickoff 2012

Here is a pic of the dude on roids!!

PS

Sorry for being too long!

;)

• DennisAllensVisor

DMAC Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 11:04 am
    Kind of surprised Coup got released. Wouldn’t mind seeing back as a back-up.

—-

Totally agree.

• YoungAmerican

Chargers got Jarrett Johnson. Unfortunately for them, he won’t help them in the pass rush department. Very solid in all other aspects of the game, though.

LaRon Landry’s personal trainer = Bill Romanowski

• DennisAllensVisor

Chargers got Jarret Johnson..dangit!

• M Lonetree

Biggest loser in the current football player circus – RGIII.
    Having to look at Ratface and Ratface Jr until they are fired is a sad thing to do to the young man.

• raidertalk

raidertalk Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:50 am
    HairyBush Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:10 am
    guest123 Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:04 am

********

Yes, & I was the first one who floated that idea.

———————
    ——————————————————-
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    I now have even More respect now for Reggie Mac!

• DKnight007

920.hwnrdr Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:56 am
    What’s up Mista?
    What you think about that Monta trade?

^^^^^^^^
    Does it really matter what stinky dog s**t comes out of Sista Douche Stains mouth??

Sista S**t thinks it will help make the W’s a championship team……AGAIN. LMAO!

***

blog GM jfb will be pissed !!

• DMAC

R8,
    Thats the fake pic, but on the other one he’s still huge. (just not over exagerrated)

• DJ Johnny

I know this is sacreligious to even bring up, but everything Reggie has done, or not done seems to be met with nothing but praise and understanding.

I know guys will correct me, but isn’t one of the hallmarks of a genius GM the ability to make lemonade out of lemons?

Corky has said there’s many things that can be done in the Raiders situation to get free agents that can help this team win.

All I see happening is guys getting cut to save $, which is fine, and needs to be done, but it doesn’t take a genius GM to do that. A good accountant can figure out liabilities and make the needed adjustments, cuts etc.

I wanna see him pull some magic. That’s what I thought he brought to the table.

I’m not judging Reggie as “bad”, but I’m not ready to even say he’s even “good”.

I wanna see him pull a deal. We arent even being mentioned for ANYTHING out there as even a remote possibility for ANYBODY and this team has needs…big time needs.

It doesn’t take a genius to not do anything but cut guys and wait while all the movers and shakers make their deals and then “swoop in” and pick up some scraps.

I know “Reggie is the best thing that has ever happened to the Raiders” etc. etc.

I feel like he could be arrested for robbing a liquor store and everybody would be saying how it was “the best decision” on his part etc.

I know… “we don’t have any $ man” but as cork says, there’s ways to get things done.

I want Reggie to do something special, not just cut people and take scraps.

• J Hill

Raiders released Cooper Carlisle

—————————————————————

Now we can finally put all this Savage vs Beast nonsense to rest!

• RaiderDebo

RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 10:25 am
    Dallas gets a huge cap penalty and sign Orton & Carr

Skins get a huge cap penalty and sign Garcon, Morgan & Royal

interesting …
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

C’mon RR. You know you want to say it. Let me help you out: Salary Cap Hell is a myth. It’s the greatest excuse there is for cutting players and sitting on your hands during free agency. Everyone on this board should completely disregard it, kind of like NFL front offices do.