Raiders cut Carlisle, Henderson

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 at 11:10 am in Oakland Raiders.

Starting right guard Cooper Carlisle and defensive tackle John Henderson were cut by the Raiders Wednesday, with Henderson failing his physical.

Carlisle, a starter for the past four years, was due $3.3 million in salary and his release saves a reported $2.1 million against the salary cap. Henderson was due $4 million in salary.

The Raiders could move to bring back Carlisle at some point, given his experience with the zone blocking system which will be re-introduced this season under offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and line coach Frank Pollack.

The moves give the Raiders maneuverability should they attempt to sign free agents. Oakland’s room under the $120.6 million salary cap was an NFL low $636,000 at one point according to ESPN, although those figures remain fluid as contracts are jettisoned or restructured.

In other news, unrestricted free agent running back Michael Bush has reportedly lined up visits with the Cincinnati Bengals and Chicago Bears.

• Marks hair

Can the lakers get a point who can run a pick & please god?!

Pick and roll..

• The Oracle

Beecham is has a funny pimp game..he just aint for everyone.

• BewareofRaiders

Welp cross nicks off the list he just signed with the bucs

• Marks hair

No wrs on my list.. We’ll see on day 3 or 4 of free agency..

• Method To My Madness

And I told y’all Monta would be gone since last summer! Why do you think Klay and Jenkins were drafted? This move is about the future. W’s know city is about to get Coliseum City in motion…that new arena can be theirs in a prime spot. Need a title contender to get full max out of it. Great moves….happy times here…..see ya

• irjonny

FA thoughts?

QB-Charlie Whitehurst
    RB- Mike Tolbert (Brandon Jacobs?)
    TE- Visanthe Shiancoe
    RT- Eric Winston
    G- Steve Hutchinson or Ben Grubbs
    C- Re-sign Samson Satele
    LB- Leroy Hill or Manny Lawson (both?)
    CB- Tracy Porter (Forgot Rodgers signed oops)
    DT- Broderick Bunkley

Obviously wont sign all of them but would be happy with any of these signings

• irjonny

and why not call mario manningham’s agent since hes already in the bay?

• LA to TheBay

Tjbwall,

yup Coop was overpaid. He may come back to us at a lower price but he may wait and see if he can get a starting gig elsewhere, being that it looks like he might get replaced.

And I have this annoying thing about trying to be right all the time. We’ll split the difference at 5, but at the start of the season, Coop would be 35, Brisiel 29.

• DennisAllensVisor

Marks hair Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 2:33 pm
    351. I understand that d. Howard says lots of wishy washy things.. But currently he is a fa next yr.. He has to resign to stay.. Watch some nba news bro.

—-

He doesnt have top re-sign to stay. He has to NOT opt out.

CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT OR DO YOU NEED ME TO SPELL IT OUT SLOOOOWWWLLLYYYY..

• Tjbwall

LA to TheBay Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 3:02 pm
    Tjbwall,

=======================

lol

• Marks hair

406. I dont think boguts as good as ellis but at least you have everybody at natural positions now..

• BewareofRaiders

Manningham or Brandon Lloyd would be nice

• DennisAllensVisor

Boss to work out for Chiefs..

• bcz24

Don’t know if this has been mentioned, but Texans guard Mike Briesel is visiting us tomorrow

• Master Beeecham

Yo, just started band practice with Rasta Ganja, my critically acclaimed reggae side project.

But first me and the band are smoking a blunt the size of a corn on the cobb, but without the butter bib, WHUT

Writing some mad dope lyrics about gettin’s swizzle with dem shorties, owning Peemore Bust and how my weiner might actually be still be growing

Word up, this jam sounds a whole lot better if you’re wearing long johns and eating a Lean Cuisine:

Gettin’ wizzle fresh with some stripper bootie
    Smacking Bust the Minion like da boi got cooties
    What the deal with this shot of Rumplemint?
    Yo, my weiner undertaking more growth development

G TO MY NIZZLE, BIG UPS DOUG E FRESH

• LA to TheBay

bcz, it has and a few semi pros, including myself dig it.

• Marks hair

410. watch or read the story again. He has to put pen to paper to make staying next yr offical..
    Talk is cheap.. Dakotas with me too bro read it again…

• DennisAllensVisor

Marks hair Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 3:09 pm
    Talk is cheap.. Dakotas with me too bro read it again…
    —-

Thats not what you said. You said he had to re-sign. Thats not re-signing, thats not exersizing a clause in a contract.

That is what im referring to brethren.

And YES I am hi!

• Marks hair

Pen to paper same thing.. He is just talking right now to give his team hope.. If he really means it he’ll sign it.

• Dakota

Huh?

422. Just say yes

• bcz24

I am pretty psyched about Breisel. Still need to replace Satele and Barnes. I know Wiz2 can slide to center in a pinch, but he is DAMN good at guard, a much better guard than center, so I don’t want us moving him there permanently

• Dakota

Say whaaaaa???

• bcz24

Having a bout with Alzheimer’s there Dakota?

• Dakota

Maybe….I can’t remember though…..well, yeah, I think so.

• Al_is_theraiders

man look at all those cbs reggie has signed….

• Seymour Bush

bcz24 Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 3:08 pm

==============================

Briesel, undrafted, loves the game, tough, cheap. Fits the exact description I put out in #352.

• Marks hair

425. Ive been trying to explain to dennis that howard will have to sign his playet option in orfer to make staying with orlando official for next yr.. He finally gets it I think..

• DennisAllensVisor

Marks hair Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 3:20 pm

—-

Nice way to spin it there bubba.

330 has a great post on bresel

• Dakota

Playet orfer????? Is that something new in the new NBA CBA?

Now I am really confused!

• Marks hair

Spin? I just had to s p e l l it out for you..

• irjonny

where are you seeing that briesel is visiting?

• bcz24

Yep, I been saying pretty much the same thing since January. Brisiel is a proven commodity, and he finished a game with a broken lake last year. He is just the kind of tough as nails player we need around here.

• Marks hair

Lol its a touch screen player option..

• J Hill

bcz24 Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 3:17 pm

a much better guard than center,

————————————————————-

I thought Wiz was pretty damn solid at C. Imagine if he was practicing there full time, he’d be even better.

LT – Veldheer
    LG – Heyer
    C – Wiz
    RG – Breisel
    RT – Barksdale

• Dakota

Bear Grylls fired!

Oh no! Now how will I learn how to light fires with my scrotum hairs if I get stuck in Antarctica?

• bcz24

irjonny Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 3:23 pm

where are you seeing that briesel is visiting?
    ******************
    A few Raiders beat writers tweeted it… there isn’t a better resource for FA news than Twitter.

• Seymour Bush

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 3:19 pm

man look at all those cbs reggie has signed….
    ======================================

Kind of weird that Brandon Underwood is our most experienced corner right now.

• DennisAllensVisor

Marks hair Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 3:23 pm
    Spin? I just had to s p e l l it out for you..

—-

Comedy.

Stop watching ESPN. Your brain is suffering.

• bcz24

Bear Grylls fired!

**************
    That dudes a pvssy anyways! The Survivorman is a MUCH better example. Bost shows have been cancelled for awhile though and only show reruns.

• bcz24

Most of our needs will be addressed AFTER the draft. There will still be around 300 free agents at that point, and they will have lost a ton of leverage. Cheap 1 and 2 year prove it deals. Just the medicine we need.

• Marks hair

dennis..the only reason you’re blaming semantics is because you didn’t understand my point, or perhaps you thought howard had actually signed.. Dont get all huffy

• bcz24

Philip Rivers just said he hopes Manning signs in Denver. He said if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best. Tommy Kelly responded “Phil crazy” lol

• Dakota

443.bcz24 Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    Bear Grylls fired!

**************

+++++++++++++++++++++

I think old Les just retired. Got to difficult for him, and wanted to try a new show.

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

Where’s the fun in this???

Go for the game, stay for the beat down.

Guess MR has been crying to his state officials in between his Nambla functions.

• Raider Weapon X http://www.raidernationstation.com/raider_nation_station

Raider Nation-Station

LMAO! “@SI_JimTrotter: Philip Rivers just said he hopes Peyton signs with Denver. Says have to beat the best”
    Raider DT Tommy Kelly says: “Phil crazy”

Ha!!!

• DennisAllensVisor

Marks hair Says:
    March 14th, 2012 at 3:29 pm
    —-

I stated exactly what was reported. Howard told team officials he will not opt out and will stay with team.

Perhaps you hadnt heard about it since I posted it the minute it happeded and YOU didnt know what was going on. Me thinks that more likely.

Your point doesnt exist. You intitial statement doesnt match up with your explanation. Thanks tho! *thumbs up*