Could Bush return to the Raiders?

For as much as Michael Bush loved playing for the Raiders the past five seasons, he spoke often about the prospect of being the lead back. If not for the Raiders, so be it. He wants a chance to show what he can do as the lead back.
He got that chance last season as a result of an injury to lead back Darren McFadden. Bush started the final nine games and rushed for a career-high 977 yards.
Yet, Bush knows that regardless how well he played, he was just keeping the job warm for when McFadden returned from his foot injury.
Now that McFadden is healed and ready to go, Bush once again would be relegated to a complementary role in the Raiders offense.
Hence, Bush hit the free-agent market Mar. 13 in an effort to see if he could find the opportunity he has yearned for since he entered the league with the Raiders in 2007 — he sat out his rookie season while recovering from a broken leg he suffered in his final season at the University of Louisville.
For whatever reason, the market for veteran running backs such as Bush — regarded as one of the best on the open market — has been lukewarm, at best.
Bush has visited the Chicago Bears and Cincinnati Bengals. Both times, he left without a contract in hand. The Seattle Seahawks and New York Jets reportedly also are interested in Bush’s services. Interestingly, he has no chance of being the lead back in either Seattle or Chicago next season.
Therefore, it brings about the prospect of Bush returning to the Raiders in 2012 if he isn’t able to land a starting gig elsewhere.
That’s something few thought possible as recently as two weeks ago. Yet, now it seems more and more plausible.
Bush has said numerous times how much he enjoys playing for the Raiders. So, if all things are equal, it would seem to mean the Raiders have a strong chance of getting back Bush if things don’t change soon.
Don’t rule it out.

Steve Corkran

• YoungAmerican

Jim Irsay ‏ @JimIrsay

Roster move,signed offensive lineman Samson Satele.
    Retweeted by Alex Marvez

——————-

Colts got Satele.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I rather spend that $3 million on a position of need like CB, WLB, and not on a backup RB.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

According to Steve, we had no interest in Satele.

• YoungAmerican

Marks hair Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 8:23 am

271. I like jameel mcClain. Suprised nobodys grabed him.. It looks like we’re staying 4-3 on d, because we’re not talking to any ilbs or nts..

————–

Ilbs aren’t the issue here. OLBs are. And apparently there’s interest in Manny Lawson. Coaching staff is probably waiting to see how the OLB situation in free agency shakes out before collecting more scheme-specific personnel.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

What about T Porter?

• YoungAmerican

Looks like we’re going to see Wisniewski at C. I’d still like them to sign Dan Koppen to back up at C and OG.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I don’t understand the interest in Manny Lawson. He is a good SLB who is not a good pass rusher. We Have Curry, but we still need a WLB who can cover and is able to rush the passer.

• Marks hair

304. I know, I was responding to a post about a 3-4 guy though..

• raidertbone

Interesting that the Colts got Satele to help protect (?) their investment …

• Marks hair

I would trade tk. We need a mountain up front.. Our lbs need more protection. I dont like both dts shooting thru gaps every time, leaving romac to get bitsh slapped..

• YoungAmerican

Raider O Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 8:33 am

—————————-

Some think Manny Lawson can also play WLB, as well as 3-4 OLB on either side. He’s solid in coverage, which none of the Raider linebackers are at this point. The interest makes sense – it’s a fit, but I doubt Reggie will be trying to outbid other teams for him.

• Marks hair

309. Best they could get I guess..

• Marks hair

Count on reg to continue going after cheap hungry players..

• R8ER MIKE

damn , sorry to see Satele go.
    but isnt he in trouble with the law ??

• R8ER MIKE

?? must be time for coffee breaks on the left coast and lunch time for us right coast guys !!!

• R8ER MIKE

Marks hair Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 8:41 am
    Count on reg to continue going after cheap hungry players
    ************************************************
    lets go get us a hungry Bush !!!

• mcfadden20.

Damn Warriors could of have been one of the greatest franchise in NBA…

• mcfadden20.

lol at left coast n right coast …im having nice omelete sandwich at the moment

• mcfadden20.

can we get some one signed today ….or we gonna wait till friday again?

• ipaintits

We love ya Michael!!! You ARE a Raider!!!!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Everyone thinks Manning and Denver are going to win the West.
    You better start signing more players Reggie.
    I want to win NOW, and I want to best Manning.
    Get to Work Reggie.
    Sign:
    - T Porter
    - McIntoch or Lawson
    - Mark Anderson
    - B Bunkley

• mcfadden20.

We don’t need Michael Bush , we got Taiwan Jones :)

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Beat* Manning.

• Raider4Life209

bigsnow81 Says:
    March 20th, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Raider O i try not to offend. Not to pull your halo down, but I’m more than curious how you plan to make a mends to the dead. The blood is on your faiths hands.

————————-

Did you really just rip off A Perfect Circle? Really?

You had me going for a second. SMH

• Dakota

Sign Cedric “Citizen of the Year” Benson!

• mcfadden20.

DAMn man they could do better than Sebastian Janikowski… I mean Put DMC there or even Richard Seymour

• Pingback: Michael Bush Still Waiting For An Offer - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

• Dakota

I voted for our drunk kicker!

• r8rwill

top of the morning nation
    it is great to see our team going after the problem areas instead of throwing money at big name free agents like years past…o

• poprox13

$3 mil? The most ive paid for bush is $200……..

• DMAC

Morning/afternoon peoples!

• DMAC

Dakota Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:10 am

I voted for our drunk kicker!
    ===========

me 2

• John David Booty

Mcfadden20. Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:07 am

————————————————
    Im voting for Seabass. I like the fact that the only kicker in the history of the league that would even be CONSIDERED to be cold blooded enough to be nominated for a Madden cover is a RAIDER!

• Raider4Life209

John David Booty Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:13 am

Mcfadden20. Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:07 am

__________________________________

Perhaps the famed “Madden Curse” will be reversed in DMAC’s case. Instead of being injured, he’ll actually stay healthy this season. If that’s at all a possibility…Slap that man on there!

• DMAC

Vote Seasbass! (possible underdog to win it, just like Hillis)

• mcfadden20.

John David Booty Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:13 am

Mcfadden20. Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:07 am

————————————————

—-

I know but what are the chances of him being on that cover at all ?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I voted for Jano.

• mcfadden20.

I want a Raider on Cover

• mcfadden20.

I doubt seabass wil get many votes from outside of nation

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    LMAO
    It’s worth a try.

• DMAC

The Akron Beacon-Journal disputes a Scout.com report that the Browns are one of the teams interested in free agent OLB Manny Lawson.
    We suspected the original report identifying a handful of interested teams came straight from Lawson’s agent, so the denial is hardly a surprise. The Colts, Raiders, and Bengals were the other teams listed by Scout.com.
    Related: Browns
    Source: Akron Beacon-Journal

• Dakota

Then again, if we get him the cover of Madden….he might blow his knee out at an eastern European disco club this offseason….you know about the curse….

Colts got Satele

***

good for him & good luck to him!

• Dakota

Every time I google Lakers or Raiders, I just get stories about Fisher and Wimbley lol.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• raiderlization

RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 6:38 am
    Harvey Williams > Justin Fargas

Minus the Chicken Kick LMAO!

Jaguars check out receivers Lee Evans, Legedu Naanee

***

still no love for TJ Housh in free agency?

• mcfadden20.

Raider4Life209 Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:16 am

John David Booty Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:13 am

Mcfadden20. Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:07 am

__________________________________

No, he’ll probably be injured for the whole year instead of just half

• r8rwill

we have upgraded the oline, dbacks and some additions by subtraction ……both areas of concern…wiz at center??? I m all for it……

• raidertbone

Put Robert Gallery on the cover — with Raider helmet, Seahawk jersey, Patriot pants

• raidertbone

Dakota Says:
    March 21st, 2012 at 9:22 am

__________________________________

Wimbley? Who the hell is Wimbley?!!