Raiders add yet another cornerback

The Raiders signed three-year veteran cornerback Pat Lee to a one-year contract, according to NFL Network.
Lee, 28, spent the past four seasons with the Green Bay Packers, so he is someone that new Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie is very familiar with.
Lee appeared in 32 games in 2008, 2010 and ’11. He sat out the 2009 season with a knee injury he suffered the previous season.
Lee has started only one game in the NFL. He spent most of his time with the Packers as a core special-teams player. He figures to get a shot at cornerback with the Raiders, who are seeking to replace jettisoned starters Stanford Routt and Chris Johnson.

Steve Corkran

• Just Fire Baby

Sanchez is done.

Tebow will be the started by the bye week.

699.Thec Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 6:40 am
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 6:39 am
    Trayvon Martin

***

Who ??

++++++++

The 17 year old that was shot and killed.

Good Morning Thec! What’s good brother? I apologize, I heard about him but didn’t follow…was this another race crime?

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

KID WAS SHOT AND KILLED BY A NEIHBORHOOD WATCH GUY IN FLA. ROCKSTAR..

701.Just Fire Baby Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 6:42 am
    Sanchez is done.

Tebow will be the started by the bye week.

Then Sanchez will be traded to Seattle where he can hear Carrol tell him, I told you so!!!
    Ok, maybe not!

703.DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 6:43 am
    KID WAS SHOT AND KILLED BY A NEIHBORHOOD WATCH GUY IN FLA. ROCKSTAR..

Seriously? A neighborhood watch?

• edward teach

The only thing that will get Mark Sanchez replaced is his own poor play, which would get anyone replaced. That’s the nature of the league.

Do you think that Ben Roethelesberger or Tom Brady would worry about their job security if their teams brought Tebow in as a backup and short-yardage/ goal-line option? I don’t. Those guys know they can play and wouldn’t lose a minute of sleep over it.

• guest123

Stand your ground law in FLA basically allows a white person to accost any suspicious black person in a rich gated community and pick a fight with him, and then be absolved of using deadly force to “defend himself”.

It’s a terrible law, and it opens up all sorts of abuse of civil rights.

• Just Fire Baby

******************************

Mark Sanchez isn’t even in the same strasophere as those two.

Sanchez ended last year badly, got booed, and now has probably the most famous and popular backup QB behind him now.

Not good for the Sanchize.

• guest123

Kid got killed for having some skittles in his pants pockets.

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

GUEST,THINK THE GUY WAS HISPANIC.FROM WHAT I HAVE READ..

• guest123

There was another recent case of abuse of the “Stand your Ground” law when a Florida man shot and killed a skateboarder who was loitering and using abusive language in the nearby basketball courts. Instead of calling the cops, he took matters into his own hands, then used the “Stand your Ground” law as his defense.

thanks for the info on Martin..

• guest123

DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 6:52 am
    GUEST,THINK THE GUY WAS HISPANIC.FROM WHAT I HAVE READ..

*******
    Trayvon Martin doesn’t sound Hispanic to me, looks like a black dude in his photo. Lot of news on this locally. I live in FL.

710.DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 6:52 am
    GUEST,THINK THE GUY WAS HISPANIC.FROM WHAT I HAVE READ..

Still though…my dad’s neighbor back at home hated anyone darker than him (he’s from Tennessee and as Blue Grass as they come). One year, one of the property owners rented out to a black family and they were cool. Yeah they had parties and stuff, but who didn’t at that time? One day, one the “guests” was leaving with his duffle bag and my dad’s neighbor called the cops saying he was suspicious and probably gonna steal something…
    I stopped talking to the guy, but then his kids and those around the neighborhood had a “talk” with him…he’s still prjudice, I’m sure, but doesn’t react on it as he used to!

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

GUEST,SORRY,WAS TALKING ABOUT THE SHOOTER.

• edward teach

708.Just Fire Baby Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 6:51 am

******************************

Mark Sanchez isn’t even in the same strasophere as those two.

Not good for the Sanchize.

********************************************************

Then the only thing for Sanchez to do is justify the confidence that the Jets have shown him this offseason, and play like a bonafide NFL starter.

Improving the quality of your backup QB is something virtually every team in the NFL should try to do if they can. We saw first hand what can happen if you don’t.

• Thec

Hwnrdr, whats good brother? Hope all is well.

717.Thec Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 6:59 am
    Hwnrdr, whats good brother? Hope all is well.

It’s been one heck of a week, but it’s all good! Got my taxes in, paid for my tix…long offseason! :)

• Thec

Racism <—- The dumbest thing ever invented.

Tracy Porter
    Marcus Trufant
    Ronde Barber
    William Gay
    Alan Ball
    Kelvin Hayden
    Kelly Jennings
    Zackary Bowman
    Will Blackmon

***

Pick one, Reggie!

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

GOT MY TIX PAID 4 ALSO HWNRDR..LET’S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD..

• Just Fire Baby

Not sure which is more sad, the actual killing of the kid, or people using his death as a way to grandstand their political views (on both sides).

They haven’t charged the shooter, because he was covered in blood from getting beat on by the kid. Eventually he absolutely will get charged with something, probably reckless manslaughter, they are just reviewing the case currently.

Doesn’t make it right, but the law is the law. Deadly force IS ALLOWED in states, in self-defense situations. Was this self-defense? Probably not completely, but if his face is lumped up and he is bloody, harder to say it isn’t than it is.

A hispanic guy in Florida just got off on 2nd degree murder charges, when he chased down his burgler, and stabbed him 10 times in the middle of the street and killed him. All charges were dropped.

The South, SMH. What a weird place.

• Thec

++++

Glad to hear…
    I think I am going to do the whole season this year, instead of 3 pack.

I enjoy hanging with the NATION

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

RACISM=IGNORANCE..YOU SPEAK TRUTH THEC.GOOD DAY TO U SIR.

723.Thec Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 7:04 am
    ++++

Glad to hear…
    I think I am going to do the whole season this year, instead of 3 pack.

I enjoy hanging with the NATION

Heck yeah…game day Sunday, no place I rather be!

721.DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 7:03 am
    GOT MY TIX PAID 4 ALSO HWNRDR..LET’S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD..

LOL, yep! I can’t wait…b-ball is gonna end soon! Baseball is boring til October…but it will come fast!

• edward teach

“Felon” was a very good movie made several years ago that starred Val Kilmer as a guy that went to prison for a long time because he killed an intruder that had broken into his house. He went to prison because he killed the guy on his lawn instead of in the house.

Worth a look if you have the time.

• hwnrdr

The laws here makes me scratch my head, but it could be worse. like in other countries where they don’t care if you get killed…no one will find you! Unless you’re Liam Neeson from Taken!
    “I will hunt you down, and I will find you! Then I will kill you!”

• Carl Weathers

Wow did the saints ever get hit hard. Thankfully Allen’s name hasn’t been mentioned. I do recall at his presser, when he fielded questions about his character (there were 2 questions inparticular) he had as they say in poker, a “tell”. Scratched his nose or cheek. Just something I noticed at the time and thought of again with all the bouty-gate talk the past couple of days. I hope he is a stand up guy and the players bust ass for him.

• R8ER MIKE

T
    I
    O
    N

!
    !

lol lol .. dont have much to say and wanted a long post !!!

• hwnrdr

I hope so too, CW! It’s still under investigation!!!

What’s up Mike?

• Thec

DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 7:04 am
    RACISM=IGNORANCE..YOU SPEAK TRUTH THEC.GOOD DAY TO U SIR.

+++++++++++

Good day to you also DIRT.

• Just Fire Baby

Trying to see if the Stand your Ground law was voter-approved or not.

Seems like it is some spin-offs from previous supreme-court cases.

• R8ER MIKE

het there Hwhrdr,today any better then yesterday ?get all your fires put out ?

• R8ER MIKE

*hey

• R8ER MIKE

oh damn *Hwnrdr
    sorry brother

• R8ER MIKE

fat fingers are having a bad morning !! lol lol

Top UFA’s remaining, per PFT

21. Falcons linebacker Curtis Lofton.

22. Raiders running back Michael Bush.

28. Chargers offensive tackle Marcus McNeill.

31. Bills offensive tackle Demetrius Bell.

35. Saints cornerback Tracy Porter.

39. Bengals offensive tackle Anthony Collins.

48. Steelers cornerback William Gay.

50. Seahawks linebacker David Hawthorne.

52. Redskins linebacker London Fletcher.

58. Patriots defensive end Andre Carter.

59. Jaguars defensive end Matt Roth.

60. Bengals linebacker Manny Lawson.

63. Saints defensive tackle Aubrayo Franklin.

64. Giants offensive tackle Kareem McKenzie.

65. Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson.

66. Chargers defensive end Luis Castillo.

67. 49ers safety Reggie Smith.

68. Lions running back Kevin Smith.

69. 49ers wide receiver Braylon Edwards.

70. Jets safety Jim Leonhard.

71. Bengals running back Cedric Benson.

72. Seahawks running back Justin Forsett.

74. 49ers offensive guard Chilo Rachal.

75. Eagles defensive tackle Trevor Laws.

84. Rams center Jason Brown.

86. Raiders defensive end Jarvis Moss.

87. Chargers fullback Jacob Hester.

89. Redskins safety O.J. Atogwe.

90. Colts tight end Jacob Tamme.

91. Bengals defensive tackle Pat Sims.

93. 49ers wide receiver Ted Ginn.

99. Bears defensive tackle Amobi Okoye.

100. Colts tight end Dallas Clark.

***

Anybody the Raiders should kick the tires on ???

• Just Fire Baby

We need to find a ST ace to replace Rock Cartwright.

• hwnrdr

Hey Mike, yeah, everything was resolved but after I left for the day! Kinda quiet this morning…I guess that’s a good thing…lol

739.Just Fire Baby Says:
    March 22nd, 2012 at 7:32 am
    We need to find a ST ace to replace Rock Cartwright.

I guess that is what Patrick Lee was brought in for?

• Just Fire Baby

Is Pat Lee known for being a top-flight ST guy?

Maybe he is, usually these guys aren’t well known outside of their own teams fans.

We need to find a ST ace to replace Rock Cartwright.

***

Osgood, anyone?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

We don’t need all these guys/ specialists on STs.
    Condo
    McCann
    Lee
    Lechler
    Jano
    Ford (he also plays on offense)
    We don’t need to 5 roster spots for specialists.

• hwnrdr

That is true JFB! But reading about him where he was used more in ST then on D, I’m guessing that is hwy he was signed! We’ll find out soon, and I hope he works out and not signed to be another camp body, which is what some fear!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Sign
    CB T Portet
    OLB Manny Lawson or McIntoch
    DE Andre Carter
    DT Pat Sims
    RB Kevin Smith

Good morning nation.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Sign Reggie Sign!

• R8ER MIKE

Portet !! lol lol lol lol

• CJ Legend 34

RR- Here is my take!

Tracy Porter is key man. We really need help with our DBs. We are really weak in the deep thirds of the field.

Mike Bush seems to be one of the best available RBs. If not him than Cedric Benson. Ced is a hard north south runner.

Any LB off the list seems like an upgrade right now.

Not sure if we need a Vet WR and the best ones are off the board. If we could predict the future and Ford was hurt often as last year maybe Ted Ginn but he drops to many balls. We have had enough of the drops and we have DHb to stretch the field. Ted can return punts and kicks though.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DMAC & Dakota don’t let anything slide.

PORTET!!