Tollefson leaves Oakland without contract

Free agent defensive lineman Dave Tollefson said he is on his way back home, to Omaha, Neb., pleased with the way his visit went with the Raiders today but without a contract in hand.
Tollefson, 29, said he is hopeful of working out a contract with the Raiders in the coming days. In the interim, he is headed to Nashville on Thursday for a visit with the Tennessee Titans.
“I’m sure the Raiders don’t want me going to Tennessee,” Tollefson said by phone a few minutes ago. “So, I hope something gets worked out beforehand.”
Tollefson is an Ygnacio Valley High School graduate who also attended Los Medanos College. He has spent the past five seasons with the New York Giants, playing a pivotal role in their winning two Super Bowl titles.
Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie has shown a knack for landing players he gets in the building in Alameda. So far, he has signed every player who has made the trek to Alameda. Signing Tollefson would make McKenzie 5-for-5.
As Tollefson said, the ball is in the Raiders court.
Tollefson would join the Raiders defensive line rotation and become a core member of the special teams if he signs here.

Steve Corkran

• guest123

#620, agree completely!

guest123 Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:13 pm

#620, agree completely!
    ===========

Did you read my take on that?
    post 625

• guest123

DMAC Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:14 pm
    guest123 Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:13 pm

#620, agree completely!
    ===========

Did you read my take on that?
    post 625

*******

Here’s my counter….

Both Super Bowl teams were potent passing attacks and running was a sidebar. The other favorites to be there, Green Bay and New Orleans were very similar teams, (even though NO was great running the ball).

All the coulda, shoulda’s argument tells me is that relying on a running attack and strong defense with game manager QB is a recipe for cutting it extremely close with all the things that have to go right to win on any given Sunday. Bad luck can easily derail those types of teams.

But teams with high power QB’s that can light up the scoreboard with 90 second 4 play drives, those cats go up by 3 scores and the defense takes over. They allow the other team to make mistakes in desparation mode.

I tell you which team I want to be.

guest123 Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

DMAC Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:14 pm
    guest123 Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:13 pm

#620, agree completely!
    ===========

Did you read my take on that?
    post 625

*******

Here’s my counter….

I tell you which team I want to be.
    ============

Fair enough.
    I guess we agree to disagree.

@G123

hey man, if DMAC & Jones both get hurt (again) and Goodson is a fumble machine we may have no choice but to go pass happy … in which case Palmer will have 20 INT’s by Week 10 and you’ll be calling for my boy Terrelle Pryor!!

• Master Beeecham

HUGE NEWS PART II, PARTY NERDS

Brahs, word has spread like wildfire through the blog about the launching of my new boy band, 2 Kool 4 Skool.

Pretty soon you’ll be able to join our official fan club, the 2 Kool 4 Skool Krew. Membership is $2,300 per year not including monthly service charges and escalating dues.

Last night we filled the position of the “shy” member with the dweeby delivery guy from Little Caesar’s.

He’s shopping at Abercrombie & Fitch today, then getting his pubes waxed after Olive Garden.

Gonna have some more auditions today and then get over to Super Cuts for a trim. Probably lock up a sponsorship deal as well, gotta get 2K4S on some TV ads asap

Yo, this project is going to bring in mad cheddar, you’re all witnesses to the new era

LEBRON CAN’T STEP TO THE POWER OF THE NEW SKOOL

The Chiefs announced Wednesday that they have re-signed free agent cornerback Travis Daniels.

***

they sniffed Chris Carr and opted to re-sign Daniels instead?

LOL, poor Christina

join Stu Schweigert in the UFL buddy

• Marks hair

645. Fast on madden?. Goofy

Go Heat!!

• PurpleDrank81

I love the spring……The NFL Draft and Squirrel Hunting

• raiderjhawk

Bring back J. Moss and Q. Groves for depth! I’d also sign T.O. as long as it’s vet min. and a performance based contract.

• HairyBush

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:37 pm
    I love the spring……The NFL Draft and Squirrel Hunting
    ————————–
    Where do you live? I can’t hunt Squirrel till Sept in Ma.

• HairyBush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:37 pm
    Go Heat!!
    —————
    It was great to see the Heat all out dominated by the Celtics on sunday!

***

co-signed, jhawk

I’ll take Moss, Groves, Giordano & Heyer back after Branch signs a long term deal and frees up some cash

Reggie, whats the hold up on the 5-year $15 million contract for T-Branch??

Could it be that his agent is asking for 6-years $50 million after you placed the franchise tag on him??

Marks hair Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:36 pm

645. Fast on madden?. Goofy
    ===========

Goofy? No.
    You asked a question and I answered it for you buddy.

Thunder vs Heat finals!

• PurpleDrank81

I live in the Bay Area but hunt out of Sonora

• guest123

Vet minimum for a 10 year guy like TO is $925K.

Still a nice chunk of change when you look at some of the other guys on the roster.

But Fck it! I co-sign on Terrel Owens as a Raider!

• HairyBush

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:42 pm
    I live in the Bay Area but hunt out of Sonora
    ————–
    what’s the overall hunting scene like out there?

• Master Beeecham

Hey, anyone seen KrappyKell?

We’re looking for an old fool to wander on stage during our 2 Kool 4 Skool concert and get blasted by smelly green goo.

The kids will go nuts and the parents will mistakenly think they’re getting their money’s worth.

The audition is pretty simple – we’ll just hose down Krappy for 2.5 hours with smell green goo and then see if he’s still breathing

WORDY WORD FRESH

• edward teach

I predict that, within days of signing Tyvon Branch to a new long-term deal, RM will sign the legitimate backup QB that he has said he needs to have.

It was great to see the Heat all out dominated by the Celtics on sunday!

***

@HB

it was great to see the Lakers get beat by Memphis & OKC last week, too!!

too bad you can’t play the W’s every night, eh?

• DMAC

I rather sign Jerome Simpson w/ his 4 game suspension, than T.O. any day.

• guest123

@655 DMAC

agree! Peace.

• HairyBush

Barber says Wonderlic test doesn’t matter
    ——————
    Who the Fk cares what he says

• HairyBush

DMAC Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:45 pm
    I rather sign Jerome Simpson w/ his 4 game suspension, than T.O. any day.
    ———————-
    I can do a flip into the endzone, Do u want to sign me?

• PurpleDrank81

You know it’s not really as bad as most people think…It is a little crowded but have some beautiful bucks taken the past couple years….When I do hunt squirrel I do I get permits from the state for pest control reasons.. In Sonora though the Squirrels look like small dogs lol..Those are the good eaten 1′s…A little fatty but if you boil first they come out great

@Teach

if Goodson is considered a legitimate backup RB, I guess Leinart qualifies for a legitimate backup QB ??

• HairyBush

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:45 pm
    It was great to see the Heat all out dominated by the Celtics on sunday!

***

@HB

it was great to see the Lakers get beat by Memphis & OKC last week, too!!

too bad you can’t play the W’s every night, eh?
    —————–
    I feel bad for Warriors fans, It’s always playoffs…next year.

HairyBush Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

DMAC Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:45 pm
    I rather sign Jerome Simpson w/ his 4 game suspension, than T.O. any day.
    ———————-
    I can do a flip into the endzone, Do u want to sign me?
    ============

Hell to the no!
    I guess you didn’t get a chance to see Simpson play 2 much.

Simpson > T.O.

• PurpleDrank81

*Have seen

HairyBush Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:45 pm
    It was great to see the Heat all out dominated by the Celtics on sunday!

***

@HB

it was great to see the Lakers get beat by Memphis & OKC last week, too!!

too bad you can’t play the W’s every night, eh?
    —————–
    I feel bad for Warriors fans, It’s always playoffs…next year.
    ===========

Sadly, same could be said for our Raiders.

• Marks hair

everyone wants to play the warriors every night

I can do a flip into the endzone, Do u want to sign me?

***

re-sign Johnnie Lee!!

• Marks hair

I feel the w’s brought a curse to oakland..

• HairyBush

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:47 pm
    You know it’s not really as bad as most people think…It is a little crowded but have some beautiful bucks taken the past couple years….When I do hunt squirrel I do I get permits from the state for pest control reasons.. In Sonora though the Squirrels look like small dogs lol..Those are the good eaten 1’s…A little fatty but if you boil first they come out great
    ——————–
    They are good eatin, just a lot of work to clean.
    Hopefully this will be my year to get my 1st buck. Last year my friend shot one and I did all the work, It’s my turn. I have been going out the last 5 seasons. I think I may try bow season, It seems like by the time I get out there for shotgun season most of the deer have been picked over. At least in my area.

• HairyBush

DMAC Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:48 pm
    HairyBush Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

DMAC Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:45 pm
    I rather sign Jerome Simpson w/ his 4 game suspension, than T.O. any day.
    ———————-
    I can do a flip into the endzone, Do u want to sign me?
    ============

Hell to the no!
    I guess you didn’t get a chance to see Simpson play 2 much.

Simpson > T.O.
    —————–
    I haven’t really been on board for signing T.O. but I think I would take him over Simpson at least this year. Just for “swagger reasons” I did watch Simpson play last year on NFL ticket. I did not watch every game, but from what I saw besides a couple plays he looked mediocre.

• PurpleDrank81

I havent done to much hunting in the past couple of years do to working so much but I guess things could be worst…. Good luck getting your 1st deer…Man I cant imagine hunting deer with a shotgun thats gotta be interesting

• HairyBush

DMAC Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:49 pm
    HairyBush Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:45 pm
    It was great to see the Heat all out dominated by the Celtics on sunday!

***

@HB

it was great to see the Lakers get beat by Memphis & OKC last week, too!!

too bad you can’t play the W’s every night, eh?
    —————–
    I feel bad for Warriors fans, It’s always playoffs…next year.
    ===========

Sadly, same could be said for our Raiders
    —————-
    I try not to think about it but your absolutley right.

RaiderRockstar Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I can do a flip into the endzone, Do u want to sign me?

***

re-sign Johnnie Lee!!
    ===============

Ran into JLH last week.
    Said business was booming.

Slow news day.

Raiders holding auditions for new cheerleaders.

Time to get the wifey’s registered!

• DMAC

Chargers re-signed DE Luis Castillo to a one-year contract.

• edward teach

Rockstar,

McKenzie has a much better idea of who and what he’s looking for than I do. Leinartprobably knows as much about the basics of what Knapp will run here as anyone, but I would think that they would go on more than just familiarity. If they thought someone else was a better fit maybe they’d bring that guy in instead.

• ohioraider

RaidO Says:
    April 4th, 2012 at 7:21 am

333. After sucking for so many years i have to strongly disagree with that comment. Raiders were finally on the up and up. One game away from the playoffs and before all the changes expected to be a strong playoff team this season. You say what you want about hue but that is the fact. Now they are back to square one with season having a copout if they suck. Also all these changes may not even work. Then what? Raiders suck again and you will hear a lot of should have kept hue talk. Lol
    ——————————————
    Every action that McK has taken so far indicates he didn’t believe we were fundamentally a solid playoff team. Poor work habits. Lack of discipline. Inmates running the asylum. He’s building for the long term which is exactly what he should be doing.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Deer Hunting. A sport between an animal dependent on primal instincts due to an inferior intellectual capacity, and a deer.

Ran into JLH last week.
    Said business was booming.

***

@DMAC

you bassturd!!! [chris farley voice]

LMAO

Chargers re-signed DE Luis Castillo to a one-year contract

***

Would have rather signed Castillo over Tollefson!!

• R8ER MIKE

WOOOO HOOOOO …ITS 4:20 PEOPLES !!! SMOKE UP !!
    PUFF PUFF PASS !!!!!!