Cowboys, Raiders preseason on MNF

The Raiders will open the preseason at home against the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night, Aug. 13, at 5 p.m. the club announced Wednesday.

The Week 2 through 4 preseason games do not have specific dates affixed as yet. Oakland travels to Arizona in Week 2, hosts Detroit in Week 4 and finishes the preseason in Seattle.

The annual game against the 49ers is off for the foreseeable future because of violence that took place in last season’s game at Candlestick Park.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• guest123

So, does anyone see any more FA moves between now and the draft? Why does Reggie hold on to that $3.6M+ that he supposedly has in cap space? What purpose does it serve?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

More players will get cut after the draft, so we should leave done room to be able to sign a few.

• R8ER MIKE

DMAC Says:
    April 5th, 2012 at 10:01 am
    Got a job interview today. I’m a little nervous. Been threw a whole lot of interviews, but it’s always good to take a few tips from my bros.
    Suggestions?

**************************
    fire up a fatty , it will help calm you down !!

So, does anyone see any more FA moves between now and the draft?

***

@G123

everybody thought Reggie was done weeks ago.

then he trades Campbell for Goodson, signs Wheeler, visits with Tollefson and is currently working on a long term deal with Branch!!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

No weed before the interview. You need to be sharp. Be very confident but eager to learn and work hard.

I would not be surprised to see Murphy or Mitchell traded for another team’s depth player.. like we did with the Panthers

free agents?

only if the price is right!

• J Hill

Orlando Magic need to send a message to the league and trade D Howard to the Hornets for Kaman, Gordon, and 2 #1s.

• guest123

Tollefson is meeting with the Titans today. We should find out soon one way or the other.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Dress well, and try to speak well also. Don’t try to use words you don’t normally use, but try to be proper.

• R8ER MIKE

Raider O Says:
    April 5th, 2012 at 10:10 am

************
    well if you WANT the job that might work .
    ****

• bcz24

Suggestions?
    **********************
    Don’t sit until invited to do so, smile a lot, sound enthusiastic, never ever disparage any former employers, make eye contact when speaking (if you have trouble with this stare at their nose, it will look like you are making eye contact), dress well, but don’t over do it (don’t wear a full suit unless you are interviewing for a job that requires you to wear a suit daily) and most of all BE EARLY. If I have an interview scheduled and dude shows up 2 minutes late I won’t even take them, I just send them home.

Suggestions?

***

@DMAC

the questions usually depend on the sort of job you’re appying for and what industry. I wont ask you those questions on this blog, but I have found that guys with character & integrity often trump experience. you can train a good person. nobody wants to hire a know-it-all, back biter, drama queen or d-bag. bosses want to create a positive & productive work environment. just be professional and limit the brown nosing

• J Hill

Dress well, and try to speak well also.

————————————————————

LOL!

You mean khakis and a white tee won’t cut it?

Try to speak well????

LMFAO!

BCZ #761 hits the homerun!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Make sure you also research the company and the position to be able to talk details.

• fingers

Hummers from the Golden girls?….. Lmaooo…. Yep , it’s offseason …
    Weve got the draft to look forward too….

• guest123

If you have any neck tats, wear a turtelneck.

• J Hill

If you have any neck tats, wear a turtelneck.

———————————————————–

LOL!

• Dakota

DMAC,

Just lie your azz off. if they ask you for an example of something just make some BS story up!

lie lie lie

Works for the Prez!

• HGDaddy

Malcolm Jenkins ‏ @MalcolmJenkins
    Sean Pamphilon is a coward and should be ashamed for taking advantage of Steve Gleason! How much did u get paid for that audio?

• J Hill

DMac,

Are you really going to break the big girl’s heart and take another job?

Who is she going to seduce with chicken strip lunches?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Last tip:
    Make sure you are early. 15- 30 mins early

lie lie lie

Works for the Prez!

***

@Dakota

what worked best for Prez BO last election was talking in circles to avoid direct questions. speak a lot, even if you’re not really saying anything. then make some generic comment about “hope & change” that has nothing to do with the topic at hand so that the idiots in the crowd will have some to stand up and applaud

• CJ Legend 34

When I guy like Weehler starts talking about knowing a team like the Raiders because they are his favorite team on John Madden, I don’t know if that is a good thing or babd one. I mean is that reality? Hmmmmmmm………

Are you really going to break the big girl’s heart and take another job?

Who is she going to seduce with chicken strip lunches?

***

Jhill = rude ??

not everybody is self employed and gets to sit around or play golf all day!

• hwnrdr

765.Raider O Says:
    April 5th, 2012 at 10:16 am

That is one of the most important ones, if not thee most!

• DMAC

Thanx for the great tip bros.

• J Hill

————————————————————

You could substitute BO and “hope and change” to just about any prez and “their slogan” and your entire statement would be true EVERY time.

• Dakota

Dmac,

Show some skin if there is a lady interviewing you.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

You Reps should be ashamed to have a guy like Caine representing your party.
    It’s hard for independent voters to take consider your party with people like him.

• DMAC

hwnrdr Says:
    April 5th, 2012 at 10:25 am

765.Raider O Says:
    April 5th, 2012 at 10:16 am

That is one of the most important ones, if not thee most!
    ===========

I’m doing that as I type
    lol

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Cain*

• DMAC

Dakota Says:
    April 5th, 2012 at 10:27 am

Dmac,

Show some skin if there is a lady interviewing you.
    ==========

Will do
    lol

When I guy like Wheeler starts talking about knowing a team like the Raiders because they are his favorite team on John Madden, I don’t know if that is a good thing or bad one. I mean is that reality?

***

@CJL

I don’t care what Wheeler was doing after the Colts season ended. He’s obviously in good shape or Reggie wouldn’t have signed him. Now that he’s a Raider and he’s got a playbook, I fully expect him to dive in and learn every detail of Tarver’s defense – which he seems pretty excited about. If he starts goofing around and playing video games when he should be working, then I’ll be concerned. I’ve seen nothing from Wheeler that makes me think he’s that sorta guy

• J Hill

Jhill = rude ??

————————————————————

Never!

And I WISH I could play gold everyday. More like once every 2 weeks bruh.

• DMAC

J Heezy,

The fat chick transferred last week. (temporary)
    No more free meals. (FK!)

• R8ER MIKE

I still say fire up a fatty just before you go in to the interview. it will relax you and if you get the job you will know right off the bat the boss is cool !!
    if you dont get it f@ck em. you will be high as a kite and not care !!! lol lol lol lol lol

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Learn exactly what is required from you at that position, the goals of the company, and some general history.

Good luck bro.

• J Hill

I still say fire up a fatty just before you go in to the interview

————————————————————

Probably better to have an edible in your case. Do you really want to go in there reeking?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

J,

I want to play hold. It sounds fun and rich!

• DMAC

Once again.
    Thanx for the support bros.

• R8ER MIKE

oh yeah one more thing DMAC..
    Good luck my brother !!

• RaidO

No weed. Drug test

• Dakota

Dmac,

If things seem to be going bad in the interview, just start crying and tell them that your wife is sick and your children are starving, and that you will do anything to get this job, including cutting off a finger…..if necessary….then pull out a cigar cutter and put it around a finger….they will hire you that second.

Worked for me….twice.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Mike,

OMG!
    Stop giving tips bro.
    LOL

• DMAC

R8dr Mike
    lol

I’d be dumber than a box of rocks if I go in high.
    LMAO

• DMAC

No drug test
    Just TB, which I already have, because I already work at an elementary school.

Raider O,

do you know anything about Cain other than his allegations of sexual misconduct??

educate yourself.

pretty weird to assume that Cain represents the entire Republican party … he dropped out because he couldn’t compete with Romney, Santorum or Gingrich

Romney will probably be the guy to compete against Prez BO and he will then “represent the Republicans”

• DMAC

YOU semis are studs fa’sho!

• Dakota

Dmac,

If they ask you what your strengths are say: Fire Breathing Fists, Tiger’s Blood, you cure addiction with your mind, you have goddesses for girlfriends and Adonis DNA.

If they ask you what your short-term goals are, just say WINNING!

If they ask you what your long-term goals are, just say MORE WINNING!