Kaufman returns as team chaplain

The Raiders announced the hiring of former running back Napoleon Kaufman as team chaplain Friday.

Chalk it up as another wise, common-sense move in the Raiders’ organization. Kaufman is local, having been pastor of The Well Christian Community in the Tri-Valley for the last nine years. He’s had a profound impact spiritually on the lives of many of his teammates _ including assistant offensive line coach Steve Wisniewski _ and has the rare credibility of having played the sport at a high level in terms of most NFL chaplains.

I’m not saying other chaplains aren’t worthy, just that Kaufman has been in both arenas _ and walked away from football with a lot of years left to pursue what he believed to be his true calling.

Anyone who covered Kaufman as a rookie in 1995 and throughout his career with the Raiders was startled by his personal transformation.

The incredible speed that made him impossible to resist for Al Davis was doing Kaufman no good in his personal life, where he could be angry, surly and, by his own admission, less than the Christian he became later.

A few months before he retired, I talked with Kaufman in the media room in Alameda and he seemed completely at peace with his life, although he gave up no hint of giving up football. I’ve run into him on a handful of occasions around town and it’s the same thing. Never a hint of regret, but at the same time, he loved being a Raider. He just loved his devotion to his faith even more.

Seems like a perfect match that Kaufman would come back in this capacity.

Kaufman has been around from time to time. Former Raiders coach Hue Jackson attended some of his services and had Kaufman speak to the team. He likely struck a chord with Reggie McKenzie and Dennis Allen as well.

Together with the hiring of Lamonte Winston as the “Director-Player Engagement,” the Raiders appear to making great strides in terms of dealing with the issues of their players well beyond what goes during practice, meetings and games.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Master Beeecham

Krappy, while you were napping, we spent a few fun minutes bagging on you, your wife, and her bowl cut.

All because you got all huffy that folks were discussing their wives on the blog, when you bring yours up all the time.

See how hilarious the irony is?

• Boy, BrownStains, it took you all of 2 minutes to start stalking me. Wow!

bloggers complaining about 750+ comments?

I remember last offseason Jerry Mac used to let them get up to like 2000 comments!!

keep up the good work, Cork :)

• Dumb Beeech, I never bring up my wife. But you and Brownstains talk about my wife all the time.

I guess you two are the same.

• Silverandblack666

I am complaining about the complaining dammit!

• CooCooKell, if I was here before you thats not stalking, right? Its actually reverse but guys don’t stalk guys, right?

A 12yr old can figure that out, no?

• bunk moorland

On espn last night tim tebow had a show on,and to fill the gaps they showed LAA angles and NY yankees baseball.

• CooCooKell, using your retarded logic. Maybe you and Nnamdi are the same because he was spewing the same garbage as you.
    ______

KoolKell Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I guess you two are the same.

• HGDaddy

Anybody catch this over the weekend?

Vittorio Tafur ‏ @VittorioTafur
    #Raiders owner & Clippers fan Mark Davis was sitting courtside at today’s LAC game against Warriors w/ Ed Roski, who is trying to get team in Los Angeles.

• Hot Mustard and the Poon Tang dancers

Let me hear a slap slap
    like a moanin cry of the clap clap
    Raidahs be kickin some crappa crap
    from the git go of the snap snap

Big shout out to my fellow duece competitors in this years drop a eight pound duece contest. Size does matter.

WIG WIG A BIG BIG SHO DIGGITY

• HGDaddy Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Anybody catch this over the weekend?

Vittorio Tafur ‏ @VittorioTafur

===========================================

Yup. Might mean something, might not.

• BrownStains, get a life.

Dumb Beeech, get a life.

Waiting around on this blog for me to show up, is no life.

• Master Beeecham

You never bring up your wife?

Krappy, any blogger who’s been here more than a week has seen you mention the old bird

Usually you’re calling yourself a “very lucky man” cause you’ve been with her for 70 years or whatever

• CooCooKell’s wife prob left him 20 years ago.

• big clown on campus

who who whoooooo let the dogs out.

well its lunch time, i’m outta here.

Go Raiders. Code Black!

• MistaBrown Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 2:57 pm

CooCooKell’s wife prob left him 20 years ago.
    ———————————————
    Get a life, BrownStains.

• Salami Roll

KoolKell Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 2:45 pm
    Anybody know when Coaches and Players will get on the field?

June 1st I believe.

• Master Beeecham

MistaBrown Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 2:57 pm

CooCooKell’s wife prob left him 20 years ago.

—————

Wrong dude

He posted that picture of her posing with the Tanzanian tribe only a few years ago

And Krappy obviously doesn’t have a job, so someone’s gotta be paying the bills, giving him his allowance, changing his diapers, etc.

His grandson Brian the Genital sure ain’t doing it, since he’s been hiding in his basement since the 1st round of the tournament

• Twocents

Baseball season quiz.

Who got hit in the face with more balls than anyone else?

• Start packing purple lips!

“Acting very much like the Republican presidential nominee, Mitt Romney sent a curt message to President BO today: “Start packing.”

• Well, there’s usually a mini-camp right after the draft. But, I thought there was going to be something this week.

• bunk moorland

Im new here and have a question? Why is KoolKell so liked? Or will i figure that out in due time?

• Busta Nut
  • CooCooMunster, after posting on your “alleged” anniversary are you the one that should be telling others to get a life?
    _____

KoolKell Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Get a life, BrownStains.

• Twocents

When I heard the joke the punchline was “Rock Hudson”.

• BrownStains, get out of that trailer, and get a life.

• CooCooMunster, Im at work.

You?

• recycled french fries

Twocents Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 3:04 pm
    When I heard the joke the punchline was “Rock Hudson”.
    ———————————————–
    Wow. He coulda had any hollwad dame and he was a stick man? Ouch.

• PlunkforHOF

Isn’t today the first onfield workout, etc? I wonder if RMK will allow more access.

• Dakota

A male patient is lying in bed in the hospital,
    wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose,
    still heavily sedated from a difficult four hour surgical procedure.

A young student nurse appears to give him a
    partial sponge bath. Nurse,’ he mumbles, from behind the mask ‘Are my testicl3s black?’

Embarrassed, the young nurse replies’I don’t know,Sir.
    I’m only here to wash your upper body.’
    He struggles to ask again, ‘Nurse, are my
    testicl3s black?’

Concerned that he may elevate his vitals from worry about his testicl3s,she overcomes her embarrassment and sheepishly pulls back the covers. She raises his gown, holds his pen1s in one hand and his
    testicl3s in the other, lifting and moving them
    around and around gently.

Then, she takes a close look and says, ‘No sir, they aren’t and I assure you, there’s nothing wrong
    with them, Sir !!’

The man pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her and
    says very slowly, ‘Thank you very much. That was
    wonderful, but listen very, very closely…..

‘ A r e – m y – t e s t – r e s u l t s-back ?’

• MistaBrown Says:
    April 16th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

CooCooMunster, Im at work.

You?
    ——————————————-
    Lmao. BrownStains get out of that trailer and get a life. You obsess over me and my life waaaay to much, It’s not healthy, Retard.

• Master Beeecham

Krappy that will go down in blog history as yet another of your crazy old man gems – “I never bring up my wife”

Guaranteed that’ll come back to haunt you, old fool!

Right along with declaring yourself a “blog personality”, yes?

• Dumb Beeech,

Get a life. You obsess over me and my life waaaay to much, It’s not healthy, Retard.

• Year of the Duece

#783 thats nasty. reminds of the time a certain well known celebrity was at the doctors office and he was told he needed to quit masterbating. When he asked the doctor why he had to stop, the doctor told him he needed to finish the exam.

• Dumb Beeech/BrownStains,

Get a life. You obsess over me and my life waaaay too much, It’s not healthy, Retard.

• ENGLANDRAIDER Says: