NFL draft live chat Friday at 4 p.m.

Join Steve Corkran for a live chat on Day 2 of the NFL draft on Friday at 4 p.m., with the Raiders set to make their first pick at the end of Round 3.

Jon Becker

• DJ Johnny

Yeah, Walter Football joked “..and why do the Raiders change their HC every year? Is Art Shell still coaching there?”

Hahahahaha. They are just hilarious.

• DMAC

Morning/afternoon peoples!

• hwnrdr

DMAC…what’s up man?

• R8ER MIKE

DMAC, good morning sir !!

• DJ Johnny

PFW is run by a guy named Hub Arksuh. Hub is a Chicago guy who is always on the radio in Chicago analyzing the Bears, Cubs and BHawks. He seems to know alot about the Bears as he is the “go to expert” with anything Bears.

He was one who was saying Seymour was having an defensive MVP type yr. the first half of last season and “tailed off a bit” the latter half.

He also had KC as a “lock” in that game at Arrowhead against Raiders. No big deal, but I wonder about his expertise in regard to other team NOT Bears.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

People here make statements with nothing to back it up. I said Upshaw was the BPA available, but YA disagrees and thinks Jenkins is the BPA. I pointed out that the experts such as M Mayock have him as the BPA to give my argument more credibility. It doesn’t mean Mayock, Walter, etc.. are right, but it does give the argument more credibility.

• DMAC

I have a feeling Jenkins is going to be thee for the taking.

• YoungAmerican

I think people are more surprised Upshaw is not a 1st round pick. People expected Jenkins to fall.

But talent-wise? Jenkins is a top ten player. Upshaw is not.

• YoungAmerican

Teams are already talking about trading up with the Rams to secure Jenkins.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Rams want too much for that 33rd pick. Too bad.

• Method To My Madness

D don’t dance to the music…use it…..hammer on my lap and I’m dying to use it….now move it…clear out da crowd…..pull the trigger back(click clack)….now watch how ngaz act

• DMAC

How many rounds go 2day?

2nd and 3rd

• Method To My Madness

I need a fleet footed RdE to rock a qb’s blinside and a damn young fat NT….Reggie McRibzie trade Tommy Faily slide Houston to UT and slide Shaughnessy over to LDE cuz he ain’t a 12 sack type of guy!

• Method To My Madness

Get Alameda Ta’Amu and get Jonathan Massaqoui….come on McRibzie you can do it!

• DMAC

What up B?
    Whats good bruh?

• bcz24

Do u guys see hw rugged KC’s defense will be next year? Not excited about that

• bcz24

157.DMAC Says:
    April 27th, 2012 at 9:43 am
    I have a feeling Jenkins is going to be thee for the taking.
    *************
    Where? At 95? No chance. The Rams have 3 of the next 12 picks. It is 100% lock that he will be taken by their 3rd second round pick.

• Method To My Madness

Dmac…aw ya know same ole schit…..anxious to see what McRibzie does today and tomorrow

• hwnrdr

168.Method To My Madness Says:
    April 27th, 2012 at 9:55 am
    Do u guys see hw rugged KC’s defense will be next year? Not excited about that

Exactly, but…I never worry about them…I just hope that come Monday, we will all be happy with our 5 picks!

Dmac…..Yoenis Cespedes…….B@uce!

• DMAC

Method To My Madness Says:
    April 27th, 2012 at 9:55 am

Do u guys see hw rugged KC’s defense will be next year? Not excited about that
    ========

KC got D, but I’m not impressed at all w/ Poe. Dude is overrated and might turn out to be another Glen Dorsey if he’s lucky.

• YoungAmerican

OL Jeff Allen might be an option at #95.

• DMAC

Method To My Madness Says:
    April 27th, 2012 at 9:58 am

Dmac…..Yoenis Cespedes…….B@uce!
    =======

Cespedes = Beast

• hwnrdr

175.DMAC Says:
    April 27th, 2012 at 10:00 am
    Method To My Madness Says:
    April 27th, 2012 at 9:58 am

Dmac…..Yoenis Cespedes…….B@uce!
    =======

Cespedes = Beast

He sure is keeping things alive for the A’s!

• YoungAmerican

To me, Poe is more a 2-tech or 1-tech. Maybe even a 3-tech. I don’t think he anchors well enough to be a true NT, so if that’s what KC is expecting they’ll probably be disappointed. But, with that said, Crennel is a good defensive coach. Maybe he can tap into Poe’s potential.

• YoungAmerican

Cespedes is incredible. You A’s fans got a great one in the making.

• DMAC

I’m just glad that Barron didn’t go to KC. Could you imagine Berry and Barron?

• Method To My Madness

Hwnrdr…..KC defense will be a factor man…let’s hope the offense doesn’t gain steam man

Jon Beason ‏ @jonbeason

If @melkiperespn knew anything about football he’d get fired! I wonder how it feels to be known for being inaccurate. #Analyst? Riiiiiight.

Retweeted by Mike Mitchell

• Method To My Madness

Poe way better as run stuffer than dorsey….young NT and he will plug up middle….Romeo Crennel knows what he is doing this time around

• YoungAmerican

Dorsey is just bad, though. What a bust.

• Method To My Madness

McRibzie……trade up in 3rd to get Alameda Ta’amu!….use Tommy Faily in the deal and another pick….we need a young NT….Houston is our UT of future and Shaughnessy is the LDE….draft a pass rusher for RDE in 4th dammit!

• Method To My Madness

YA…we shall see my friend….I just believe with Crennel there and Hali Johnson Berry Routt and Flowers…Poe will be fine and that d will be stingy….hope Carson ready to lead

Method To My Madness Says:
    April 27th, 2012 at 10:08 am

=====================

Agree here. Although all the RDE types ended up going pretty early. Branch and Curry are the only ones left on the board, IMO. Shaughnessy will do for one more year. But yes, going forward, he should platoon with Bryant at LDE with Houston at UT and a true run stuffer who can rotate in at 1-tech and NT.

Would LOVE for the Raiders to find a late-round sleeper at RDE, though.

• Method To My Madness

Dmac how do ya like that Tank Job by the Warriors after Monta was dealt?……Tank Daddy Tank Daddy…btch I go to work! Lol….now we can have for draft picks and also rumors of Lamar Odom being our SF arr swirling in the bay mayne!

• YoungAmerican

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Poe eventually moved to DE like Dorsey was. Thing is, I think he’ll be MUCH better at it than Dorsey.

Poe is a good player, he just needs to be coached up and put in the right situation.

• YoungAmerican

Chapman might be a better pure NT than Ta’amu. I think Ta’amu is a little more disruptive, but not as good against double teams.

Mike Martin is undersized, but would be a great run stuffer in 4-3 looks. Can rush the passer, too. Will occasionally struggle against double teams, but is so good with his leverage and motor that he’ll overachieve. Size won’t be much of an issue for him.

• DMAC

Method To My Madness Says:
    April 27th, 2012 at 10:13 am

==========

I love it. Lamar would fit perfect here. Wright off the bench if he’s still around.

Curry
    Thompson
    Odom
    Lee
    Bogut

+ drafts picks

Playoffs fa’ sho next season if we can stay healthy.

• Method To My Madness

YA my buddy…..Jonathan massaqoui is from Troy State like Demarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora….pass rushing demon from small school….will be there in fourth….6’2 265…I like him as our 4-3. RDE…….speed around the edge baby!

• Method To My Madness

Dmac….send wright the f on……he sucks….Dominic McGuire or a young drafted SF can do for us….alsoo draft an athletic rugged PF in 2nd round…but dubs will play real basketball

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

O Mock Draft 6.0:

3- LB Sean Spence

4- DE Jonathan Massaquoi

5- CB Coryell Judie or Chris Greenwood

5- LB Miles Burris

6- FS J Jackson, NT N J Baptiste, HB T Ganaway, or OT Joe Long

Method To My Madness Says:
    April 27th, 2012 at 10:17 am

YA my buddy…..Jonathan massaqoui is from Troy State like Demarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora….pass rushing demon from small school….will be there in fourth….6′2 265…I like him as our 4-3. RDE…….speed around the edge baby!

==============

Massaquoi could definitely be an impact guy, and would help the Raiders show multiple looks on defense.

Another sleeper is DE Frank Alexander from Oklahoma.

• Marks hair

Lamar will play for an l.a team if they’ll take him

• Method To My Madness

YA….I just don’t like Chapman at 6’0 315….I favor bigger NTs all the time in the 4-3…but if Chapman is taken well he is my guy and I’m gonna back him a 100 pct cuz he was drafted Raiders

• Method To My Madness

Lamar ain’t playing for a LA team….Dallas gonna trade him to warriors in summer

Method To My Madness Says:
    April 27th, 2012 at 10:24 am

YA….I just don’t like Chapman at 6′0 315….I favor bigger NTs all the time in the 4-3…but if Chapman is taken well he is my guy and I’m gonna back him a 100 pct cuz he was drafted Raiders

========

Remember, NT is a leverage game. If you can get under the pads of the guy in front of you, you’ve won the battle. Because of his ability to do that, Chapman was VERY strong at the point of attack and could take on double teams. Wonder why these Alabama linebackers make so many plays? They never have to shed OGs to get to the ball carrier.

Pad level is the biggest concern for Ta’amu. But I think he can still be a good player. Might take him a little more time to get his technique polished, though.

• Method To My Madness

Ya I like your thinking! Frank Alexander wouldn’t be bad as well…just time to find our RDE…been since 2000

• Method To My Madness

Yeah YA….I do agree on the leverage thing but how will he fare vs NFL centers and Guards at that size? Maybe I’m just bias to pac 12 players cuz I am from the coast