More undrafted free agents signed by Raiders — updated

By Steve Corkran
Saturday, April 28th, 2012 at 5:43 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Since we last spoke, the Raiders have added six more undrafted free agents. They are:
Missouri DL Dominique Hamilton, Southern California wide receiver Brandon Carswell, East Carolina wide receiver Lance Lewis, Utah cornerback Conroy Black, Penn State cornerback Chaz Powell and California (Pa.) wide receiver Thomas Mayo.
Note: As is expected during this uncertain time, there is plenty of misinformation floating around. Nothing is official until the Raiders confirm the signings.
Case in point, Pittsburgh defensive end Brandon Lindsey now is linked to signing with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Still sorting through that one. Stay tuned.

• RaiderSam

Seymour Bush Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 6:38 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Glenny you ain’t watched all the games I see
    ===============================

Bri either you are a defensive football genius, or Reggie Mac, Dennis Allen, Johnnie Holland and I are on the right track.

——————

I’m betting the latter.

In Reg we trust

Hail to the new Reg-gime

• Method To My Madness

Wasbanned so nfl.com said our picks sucked?

• Hot Shot

Nate Stupar has a good eye at reading plays.Hes always around the football.Pretty good at stuffing running backs.

• Marks hair

97. What do they know?

• RaiderSam

Wasbanned Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 6:44 pm
    NFL. COM Grade by player

Bergstrom 59
    Burris 52
    Crawford 65
    Criner 79.7
    Bilukidi NO GRADE
    Stupar 46.5

70-84 Eventual Starter 2nd-3rd A quality player who will contribute to the team early on and is expected to develop into a starter. A reliable player who brings value to the position.
    50-69 Draftable Player 4th-7th A prospect with the ability to make team as a backup/role player. Needs to be a special teams contributor at applicable positions. Players in the high range of this category might have long-term potential.
    20-49 Free Agent UDFA A player with solid measurables, intangibles, college achievements, or a developing skill that warrants an opportunity in an NFL camp. In the right situation, he could earn a place on a 53-man roster, but most likely will be a practice squad player or a camp body.

…..

According to their grades and scale the Raiders got

ONE eventual starter at WR that can contribute this season.

THREE special teams guys that might be backups

TWO that graded out as UDFA (Why waste picks on guys they could have had after the draft?)

=======

FOUR; YOU CANT MEASURE HEART.

a lot of dudes blew up as 7th round picks or without even being drafted; Tramon Williams, London Fletcher, Marques Colston, Sam Shields …we could go on and on.

• alzadoX

Jared Green, WR, Southern – Carolina
    Donovan Robinson, DE, Jackson St – New York Jets
    Adrian Hamilton, DE, Prairie View – Dallas
    Antonio Dennard, CB, Langston – Jaguars

stay tuned…www.hbuclassics.com

• priesttj

Good to talk to bruh, but for the 1,000th time the run isn’t a direct reflection of the DT’s. Run defense is all consumming all 11 players must play the run to have a great run D…………period

Let me add this, I’m not all that worried about stopping the run the way you are because this is a passing league. You must get to the QB, stop the run on your way there.

• Method To My Madness

Sam….you can bet the latter…that’s fine…just know seymour is really a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 LDE/UT but his legs are shot…Kelly has always sucked and started all over the dline….you guys think its scheme I say its talent…guess we shall see eh?

• 505raiders

if the highlights of burris are true for the whole game and hes around the ball the whole game then he is defenitly like matthews

cuz matthews didnt make most of the takles but hes was always where the ball was

in the highlights he doesnt quit hes in hot pursuit and makin tackles 20 yrds downfield and coming from the oppisite side chasing down plays going away from WOW

looks like we got relentless pass rusher

• http://www.wasRaider75.com wasbanned

I’m not saying the picks sucked.

Most graded out as value for place they were chosen.

Only 2 graded out as UDFA or lower value than the spot they were drafted.

• Method To My Madness

Hahahahahah BHP and for thousandth time DTs first duty is to stop run..be serious and a passing league? Well who the hell is your pass rushers? Lol Thank you….dline is a weakness

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Yeah, can’t wait to see this NEW Raiders “Multiple Defense”

• priesttj

You wnat a great run D then tackle well and play with discipline. the Steelers entire D is focus on stopping the run 1st and pressuring the QB 2nd. Our D is focused on killing the QB and stoppping the run 2nd.

Once you understand that then you wont be so frustrated.

• http://www.wasRaider75.com wasbanned

Actually Crawford and Criner graded out at higher value than the spot taken according to NFL.com

• priesttj

That up to the coaches to figure out B they have to get to the QB…………period

• Method To My Madness

Hope Reggie finds us a poss wr….dhb improved but isn’t a poss wr…he better than craptree tho…thank god

• Hot Shot

Miles Burris is a savage.

• Seymour Bush

Some of the basic tenets of Bob Davie’s and RC Slocumb’s “Wrecking Crew” defense, which Dennis Allen was a part of are these:

Believe that big defense wins big games.
    Set High Standards.
    Get All Players to Play Hard
    Develop an Unselfish Attitude

Does any of that sound like last years Raider defense?

• Method To My Madness

Sorry but Crawford sucks…I don’t like that pick…he can’t get to the qb like a beast does

• memo

I want Carson Palmer to throw touchdowns

• priesttj

We play a 1gap system predicated on killing the QB we aint catching like a 2gap system Balt and Pitt and SF all catch we penetrate like the NYG and they just won it all…………period

• Method To My Madness

Steelers have had a lot of talent on d come on BHP…bad comparison

• alzadoX

wasbanned Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 6:44 pm

NFL. COM Grade by player

According to their grades and scale the Raiders got

JONTRAIN Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 4:41 pm
    Lemme say this for the third time: Grading a draft right after it’s over is idiotic. And a waste of time. That’s all I was saying.

THANKS. BUT PLEASE REPEAT A FEW MORE TIMES AS NEEDED

DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 4:56 pm

THE GENTLEMAN WHO ANNOUNCED THE RAIDERS SELECTION YESTERDAY WAS ALSO AN UDFA.HE IS ALSO IN THE HALL OF FAME..

I’m sure that the Raiders’ new Reggime felt like they got the best players available at those picks. No one will know for 5 years or so. “Grading” drafts before then is stupid…at least as stupid as trying to think who they will pick before hand, and also less fun, imo

• 505raiders

good draft solid picks

no reaches no panic moves

udfa class looks good also

nothin but guys that want to play the game

• Hot Shot

Man with shownasty and Burris getting after the QB.They gona have some sacks.

• J Hill

B,

We just disagree on the DTs. Seymour is getting older and Henderson is gone. I get it. But agree with Priest that we need to get to the QB first and foremost these days. Especially with the QBs in our division.

The new HC like to blitz the LBs instead of counting on the DEs.

I think the D will be just fine.

• Method To My Madness

Lol BHP…giants dline has talent…we don’t….we just got big guys

• priesttj

We just drafted the Possession WR in this draft in Criner, and Craw is raw ma. B give it up man you’re boxed in this was a good haul………….period

• RaiderSam

Method To My Madness Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 6:50 pm

=======

too many people judging based on previous organization…give it a chance. we’ll see. If you notice, the Pats didnt have that much individual talent, but the whole of the team played within the team discipline. Denver didnt have that much, but they executed just enough to win down the stretch….lets give Allen
    goals a chance….aka;
    “set high standards”
    “get all players to play hard” – this probably tears into the “talent” theory
    “Develop an unselfish attitude” – Pats and Belichick were all over this concept

• priesttj

We were 2nd in the league in sacks………..Lol

give it up B.!

• alzadoX

Vittorio Tafur ‏ @VittorioTafur

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

A lot of you asking about UCLA running back Derrick Coleman. He is signing with the Vikings

• J Hill

Priest,

So you think we are going to run the same D as in years past?

• Hot Shot

Palmer will have a better year.Boot legs and play action and MCfadden healthy.Palmer loves the playbook.Not often a QB says that.

• alzadoX

Steve Corkran ‏ @CorkOnTheNFL

#Raiders reportedly sign Nevada DE Kaelin Burnett.

great. He’s a potential pass rusher DE/OLB

• priesttj

Jhill He knows he’s losing ground and tryin to go down swingin’ LOL

• Method To My Madness

Jhill at end of day you gotta play straight up football….in a 4-3 eventually you need those DEs to handle that biz

• http://www.wasRaider75.com wasbanned

alzadoX Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 6:57 pm

wasbanned Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 6:44 pm

NFL. COM Grade by player

According to their grades and scale the Raiders got

JONTRAIN Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 4:41 pm

THANKS. BUT PLEASE REPEAT A FEW MORE TIMES AS NEEDED

DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 4:56 pm

…….

How about a lesson in reading comprehension…

THAT WAS NOT A DRAFT GRADE. THAT WAS A PRE-DRAFT GRADE ON EACH PLAYER THAT WAS SELECTED.

I know some of you guys struggle, but dang man.

Reading is Fundamental

• RaiderSam

Method To My Madness Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 6:58 pm
    Lol BHP…giants dline has talent…we don’t….we just got big guys

========

I’m confused.

did we go 8-8 in back to back seasons or 2-14?

Feel free to jump off the band wagon anytime.

You’ll be back on in November anyway when were 6-5 in the thick of the race as usual…

• RaiderSam

How about a lesson in reading comprehension…

I know some of you guys struggle, but dang man.

Reading is Fundamental

=============

Predicting is idiotic.

Let the season play out – and get on board.

RAIDER NATION NOW, RAIDER NATION FOREVER!

• Method To My Madness

BhP bullschit I don’t lose….fkin kelly and seymour continue to stink and you jjustify their schitty play time and time again…you are like one of those ppl defending drug dealers saying its not all their fault….puhleeze….sooner seymour and kelly leave or get injured the better

• priesttj

Jhill Quiet as kept we were multiple last year. based on this draft we’re staying with the same game plan. We didn’t draft a single DE/OLB what does taht tel ya? We’re going 4/3 base with mult. fronts and coverage as well. We played a ton of zone last year(cover2) and I see the same thing with the corners we brought in.

• Hot Shot

I think Burris will turn out to be our best defensive player.Hes got a motor and a half on him.

• Method To My Madness

Proof is in the pudding jhill and bhp…you been defending schitty DT play for years…these guys gettin no passes from me…..Kelly is the worse he makes me sick….starts all over the dline the last 8 years and we suck yet he is so damn good to y’all lol

• hwnrdr

I think Reggie did fine given the circumstances that he was left with. However, I was kinda upset about Ta’amu, and worse, he went to Pitt…but hey, like I said last night…I’m not Reggie!

• Method To My Madness

Sam lol…what? You don’t make any sense at all…bandwagon? Come on now you just reaching patna….be legit in your posts man….I’m at every game all day and every year…spare me your garbage….

• xraided

Seymour Bush Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 6:46 pm
    Xraided Says:
    April 28th, 2012 at 6:42 pm

his best contributions have been on special teams, that of which is very valuable. with that said, there are a few guys like Henry pushing him for a backup roll now at either FS or SS(looks like a good size for either) ..

that’s what Reggie truly wants, competition throughout all the defensive positions! with the exception of DT’s outside of Hamilton, there isn’t a whole lot there thus far.
    ============================================

This is exactly right. Reggie Mac has brought in competition at every single spot BUT defensive tackle. Seymour, Kelly and Desmond have played well. I like Cumbie as well. Every other job is up for grabs.

_____________________

yes. and EVERYONE INCLUDING METHOD, please remember there’s another round of cuts. people will be hitting the waiver wire like it’s going out of style. ESPECIALLY with all the 1st round DT’s taken .. there will be other pushed off the roster. one man’s sh!t is another man’s gold!

• hwnrdr

New post guys!

• Hardline

Method To My Madness,

So Method, memba me ?? Doubtful. I challenged you regarding the Sacramento Kings and their new forum deal that was supposedly “done”; because the retard Dennis Johnson put the cost on the people through higher city taxes I predicted it wouldn’t fly.

Of course, you just went “ape”, swinging like a monkey from a tree with horrible invectives, even challenged me to a fist fight in the city of Oakland.

What do you have to say now once the deal has “officially” blown up ???

• Hardline

Well, I won’t hold against you. But you would be wise to tone it down a little; one thing for sure: you aren’t as smart as you think you are.

• Hardline

And I can’t wait to hear the garbage you will now spew in my disfavor. Oh well……