Raleigh McKenzie to join personnel department

Included among the scouting staff makeover for the Raiders will be the addition of Raleigh McKenzie, the twin brother of general manager Reggie McKenzie.

Sweeping changes were expecting in the department following the draft _ Reggie McKenzie hinted as much at the press conference announcing the hiring of Dennis Allen. The club confirmed Tuesday the release of Jon Kingdon a 33-year-veteran with the club.

When the Raiders finalize their scouting staff, the list also won’t include Bruce Kebric, who has been with the Raiders for 31 years.

Raleigh McKenzie played 17 seasons in the NFL, including 10 years with the Washington Redskins, and won two Super Bowl rings. He works as an elementary school special education teacher as well as a high school football coach in Herndon, Va. His role with the Raiders _ whether he’ll continue to be based in his home area or move west _ is not known.

The status of other Raiders scouts, including Calvin Branch, Zack Crockett, Angelo Coia, Kent McCloughan, Dave McCloughan and Mickey Marvin, is not known.

All have lengthy ties with the organization, either as a player, scout or both.

Tom Delaney, also of the personnel department, has been involved along with legal department staffer Dan Ventrelle in keeping coach Dennis Allen abreast of new collective bargaining issues for the offseason.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 11:31 am

I don’t have the race issue, I would love if we drafted Geno Smith.

You on the other hand, would not like it with we drafted Landry Jones, Matt Barkley or Aaron Murray.
    =============

why is it so important to you , for me to be fan of the guys you just mentioned? barkley & jones are not my kind of qbs, they dont have an ounce of improv skill or athleticism. i think jones is largley a system qb. Murray hasnt been a winner, and im not sold on him. that is why they are not on my watch list.

You clearly do have a rce issue, which is why you always examin what i post about qbs looking for the what color skin they have.

what a moron

• Just Fire Baby

I am with DMAC, suicide is a batch move.

Fck him for what he just did to his family. Completely selfish, look at me, move.

• Just Fire Baby

Well, Jones, Barkley and Murray will all be taken well ahead of EJ Manuel, so you can take it up with the 32 front offices in the league.

• DKnight007

I think Seau’s heavy use of steroids through high school, college and in the NFL probably led to this.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 11:41 am

It is not “out of context” I posted the whole link and everyone of your words.
    ==============

yes out of context

you tried to make it appear that i was saying smith and jc were as good as montana and plunk. I didnt say that. My statement net was about that single weekend of football and what they accomplished on that sunday.

You have to go all the way back to 2010 to feel good about yourself? truly sad

• aig-raiders

DKnight007 Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 11:49 am

————
    I suspect this as well.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 11:48 am

=============

i really dont care about any of that, but i am glad geno and ej will be on the board when our pick is up

• Just Fire Baby

i really dont care about any of that,

**************************

Of course not, facts and outside opinion mean nothing.

It’s all about you Mistic!!!!

two threads prior to the one I posted, you are harping on Rolando “McWhiff”.

***

LOL!!

I forgot about that one, JFB

I thought he was just McCrohns back then?

RRS was it you that was skeptical about Romac when we drafted him? Wasnt sure if it was you or Dakota?

***

@ AIG

both of us!

• Just Fire Baby

I didn’t imply anything, I posted your comment with a LMAO attached to it.

Whether it was for one single weekend or not, you compared the QB play to what we had in the early 80′s with Plunkett and Montana.

Next time I see JLH rolling through the hood in that ice cream truck, I’ll ask him to sign an autograph for you.

***

LOL!!

I hate you, DMAC.

You BAAASSSSSSTTTTARRRDD (best Chris Farley voice)

• Just Fire Baby

You should see the one I have saved on you for Hue Jackson and Jason Campbell.

That would be just too much humor for one day.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 11:58 am

I didn’t imply anything, I posted your comment with a LMAO attached to it.

Whether it was for one single weekend or not, you compared the QB play to what we had in the early 80’s with Plunkett and Montana.
    ==============

no bra, my comment was about that sunday only, trying to make it appear as something different all together is taking it out of context.

you are boring me to tears

• DMAC

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 11:41 am

It isn’t real hard to cut and paste a link that warrants saving to a Word spreadsheet. I mean, you even asked us to do it, so I did.

Don’t worry, I got many of yous people in the crosshairs if need be.
    ======

Bring up some dirt on me, if you have any. Would luv to see what I felt like at the time.

• RaidingTexas – 1OAKLANDRAIDERS1 Champion

Nepotism!

• DKnight007

Heavy steroid use and probably some kind of brain injury related to football are probably the causes of Seau killing himself.

Goodell and the NFL better take notice, because lawsuits are going to continue when it comes to the NFL covering up brain injuries all these years.

I think Goodell is tryin to turn the corner on that though.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 11:59 am

You should see the one I have saved on you for Hue Jackson and Jason Campbell.

That would be just too much humor for one day.
    ===============

they were good together, 4-2 first place headed to the division title and playoffs.

Jc got injured hu jack went crazy when al passed. So what.

Come out of the past, im talking future and present

• Al_is_theraiders

rip seau….

I loved it when Dakota brought up the old posts by BSJ & Lefty… both loving up on DMAC right after we drafted him

• Just Fire Baby

Going into the Steelers game in 2010:

27.Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 3:13 pm
    If we have zero points at halftime, like we did last week, Hue and Coach Cable will certainly be benching him for Bruce.

I base this soley upon the track record of Hue Jackson benching Campbell, and Cable’s press conference remarks.

*******************************************

Pretty smart feller there!!!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 11:55 am

i really dont care about any of that,

**************************

Of course not, facts and outside opinion mean nothing.

It’s all about you Mistic!!!!
    ===============

i make my own determinations based on what i see. Im not like you parroting other people opinions and offering them without actually watching the guys play

• Just Fire Baby

Come out of the past, im talking future and present

**************************

Great, than let’s talk about the soon to be 2012 Pro Bowl season for our current QB!!!!

• lefty12

Wrong Rock.Mine were about DHB,not McFadden.

• Just Fire Baby

Of course, this infamous gem, a few threads later:

25.priesttj Says:
    November 15th, 2010 at 5:49 pm
    Vick IMO is playing the best brand of QB this league has ever seen, he is starting to put his hnads on that MVP trophy if he keeps it up.

Several laughed when I said he was as good if not better than Elway but IMO I would take him over Elway I just think what he’s doing now I’ve never seen Elway play like this. Now he has to get a lot more done in terms of getting hat team to the playoffs and beyond but he is well on his way.

sorry Lefty, wrong DMAC hater… perhaps Exla?

Dakota will know when he comes back here to post more Laker propaganda

• Area man

RIP Junior Seau, you were a worthy opponent.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

For everybody that questions Goodell’s cracking down on headshots, here’s Exhibit A.

RIP to a respected adversary.

• J R Myers

Jr Seau DEAD!

Who did it?

• papertiger418

Didn’t JR Seau also try to drive his jeep off a cliff? I wonder if concussions had anything to do with it. Either way, RIP. One of the best Chargers to play the game.

• Tricky70390

Hated Seau so much as a Charger, but it was hard not to respect his game.

• Area man

Saying suicide, GSW to the chest like Duerson

I agree with DMAC & JFB; with their takes on Seau and this situation

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

I’ve even read a Twitter Post that says the suicide to the chest was deliberately so his brain could be examined like Duerson’s.

• Hardline

Junior Seau’s passing is a tragedy.

There used to be a sports radio talk show host named, “Super Fan”, broadcast out of Las Vegas. Super Fan used to end his show every day with the declaration that sports was the Toy Store, and the clubs and players, were candy without cavities. He would say “Don’t take it too seriously folks; have a fine day.”

As DJ speculated, maybe Seau was suffering from organic brain injuries due to sustained concussions. Or maybe since he was out of the spotlight he felt his life was over, and there was nothing further to do, and he just couldn’t continue.

A newsreport said the following:

“According to SI.com, Seau is the eighth member of the Chargers team that lost to the San Francisco 49ers in Super XXIX to die. Other players from the 1994 roster to pass include running back Rodney Culver, linebackers David Griggs, Doug Miller and Lew Bush, defensive linemen Shawn Lee and Chris Mims, center Curtis Whitley.”

Rest in Peace Junior – I hope you do well in that next world’s Superbowl.

• papertiger418

Man, Seau’s mother is on ESPN right now. Simply heartbreaking.

***

Natrone Means is still alive??

• backstageatapuppetshow

People talk about the physical affects of Steroid use….but no one talks about the psychological effects of its use…..

I used the stuff for a short period in college and can tell you first hand it is much more a psychological drug then anything physical. It gives the user a super GOD complex…

Athletes already have super inflated egos as it is.

I have often wanted to interview athletes who used and could share their stories….trouble is….so many are still using that no one wants to talk about it.

I had a friend who also used Steroids…and he killed himself in front of me with a 44 mag….

RIP Junior….your pain is over now!

• Try Some Reality

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 10:13 am

Matt lienert?!?!?!?! Puke…gag

well the good news is we will be drafting a qb next year,

Geno Smith & EJ manual would fit very nicely in this offense. big strong kids that throw very well, throw well on the run and have the mobility required to be an elite player in this scheme. These guys with d mac, and all the speed will kill.

================================================

Well…would you look at what the cat dragged in?

Homie, your QB debating privileges were revoked once Reggie kicked Campbell to the curb, all the other 31 teams passed on him as a starter, and he tucked his tail and scurried off to happily hold Cutler’s clipboard and fetch him his Gatorade.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Try Some Reality Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 10:13 am

Matt lienert?!?!?!?! Puke…gag

well the good news is we will be drafting a qb next year,

================================================

Well…would you look at what the cat dragged in?

=================

another worthless opinion from a noted impostor.

• lefty12

Ex-players complaining about injuries they incurred while playing is ludicrous.They knew what they were getting into when they decided to make football a career.Maybe the NFL should start putting disclaimers in all contracts offered.

• Hardline

Backstageatapuppetshow, 538

Backstage,

Thanks for the post. I always liked and respected Seau, if though he was the Raiders’ nemesis. His passing is hard for me to take.

Your words are comforting.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Lefty12 Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 12:34 pm

==========================================

Their criticism is more over being told BY DOCTORS “You’re fine, get back out there” when the doctors knew that was a load of BS.

• Hardline

even ** though

• Try Some Reality

Still shooting blanks, Mistic? Poor fella

• lefty12

Duck-While that is partly true,they would often do whatever was necessary to get back out there because they know someone is on the bench who will take their job if they sit.I’ve read more often about where a player would say he’d do whatever possible to get back onto the field than I have about a player saying the DRs. told him he had to get back out there.

• Hardline

Lefty12,

These are nothing but kids, pumped up by owners and coaches, adored by fans. Most have no idea about life or what lies ahead, after football. 5% of them may become rich, the others, castoffs.

I saw a very brief interview of Joe Montana recently, and it looks as if his brain has been spun, a glaze over his eyes, and as a matter-of-fact, one eye hangs lower than the other.

It is a fact the life span of professional athletes is low, while most of these kids as pros think they and their fame will live forever.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Try Some Reality Says:
    May 2nd, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Still shooting blanks, Mistic? Poor fella
    =============

i dont eeven know what that means, or how that pertains to anything heterosexual.

• backstageatapuppetshow

I hope this situation allows for people to start to talk about the use of Steroids…..and how damaging in the long term it’s use can cause psychologically…

As I said, the physical stuff comes and goes….but the psychological doesn’t go away….until you forgive yourself and deal with reasons why you used to begin with…

If you cannot forgive yourself for choices made in your past…the guilt doesn’t go away….

I think Junior was in pain, and know that what happened today is for the best.

I hope everyone says a prayer for his family on this day.

• DMAC

Oh poor NFL players.
    No one put guns to there heads and made them play.
    These dudes know what they’re getting into when they sign that dotted line and make millions.
    I have no sympathy what so ever towards NFL players.