Report: Raiders hire one of Jets top college scouts

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 at 11:49 pm in Oakland Raiders.

On the same day the Raiders announced the departure of four long-time employees in the player-personnel department, ESPN reported that Joey Clinkscales is leaving the New York Jets for a front-office position with the Raiders.
Clinkscales was the Jets’ vice president of college scouting. He coordinated their draft efforts since 2008. He is expected to work under first-year Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie in a prominent position.
Clinkscales and McKenzie and long-time friends. He is the latest in a series of moves by McKenzie designed to overhaul the Raiders player-personnel department.
Shaun Herock came over from the Green Bay Packers. Raleigh McKenzie, Reggie’s twin brother, also was brought aboard.
Interestingly, Clinkscales said late last month that he had no intention of joining the Raiders.
“I expect to be here,” Clinkscales said in response to an ESPN.com report. “My job is a talent evaluator. I understand where the connection comes in, to be honest with you. Reggie and I have played high school and college ball together. We were in each other’s weddings. I’ve known Reggie forever. But this is where I started and this is where I plan on being.”
Clinkscales was reponsible for such draft picks as quarterback Mark Sanchez and Vernon Gholston. Last month, the Jets used a first-round pick on defensive end Quinton Coples and a second-rounder on wide receiver Stephen Hill.
The Raiders have not confirmed Clinkscales’ hire.

• DMAC

A little update for YOU Laker fans

Kobe Bryant (gastroenteritis) did not participate in Thursday morning’s shootaround.
    Gastroenteritis is a fancy word for a stomach bug. The Lakers aren’t commenting on Bryant’s status for Thursday night’s Game 6 in Denver, only saying they’ll update his status at roughly 9 p.m. ET. However, it would be an absolute shock if Bryant misses a playoff game. He’s played through much, much worse.
    Source: Scott Howard-Cooper on Twitter
    =========

Kobe’s got the B-gizzles!
    LMAO

• Just Fire Baby

There were times in college where he just looked like a man amongst boys. Great athlete. Deceptive long strides. Pulled away from people and just seemed to be gliding.

****************************

Buck,

I agree with the above. When I watched Pryor leave the pocket in college, it looked like he was jogging some times, yet nobody would catch him and he would angle off towards the sidelines for the easiest 18 yards you ever seen.

• Raidernationdave

A little Pepto Bismol will clear that up in no time! Comforting to know Kobe gets the sh*ts once in a while!

I wonder if he splattered his azz with a bunch of diarrhea or if he was smart enough to flush just as he was peeing out of his butt.

• Raider Riff

Two guys I’d like to see us pick up are

Aubrayo Franklin

&

Tim Hightower

Hightower can be that Zack Crockett type.

Whats the knock on Franklin? Anyones thoughts?

• Raidernationdave

I wonder if a Mexican restaurant in Denver was the culprit!?

• DMAC

Raidernationdave Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:05 pm

==========

Thanx for fking up my delicious lunch Dave.
    lol

• DMAC

Raider Riff Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Two guys I’d like to see us pick up are

Aubrayo Franklin

&

Tim Hightower

Hightower can be that Zack Crockett type.

Whats the knock on Franklin? Anyones thoughts?
    =========

Is Hightower still a FA?
    I thought he got signed.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

What does Mitt Romney’s bullying tell us?
    By Greg Sargent

The story of the morning is that 18-year-old Mitt Romney and a bunch of prep school buds bullied John Lauber, who had bleached blond hair that covered one eye and was relentlessly teased for his “nonconformity and presumed homosexuality,” as today’s Post puts it.

Romney and his pals held Lauber down and Romney clipped the kid’s hair as he teared up and yelled for help. One former classmate called the episode “vicious.”

Today, Romney apologized, though he didn’t cop to the actual episode:

“Back in high school, I did some dumb things, and if anybody was hurt by that or offended, obviously I apologize for that…I participated in a lot of hijinks and pranks during high school, and some might have gone too far, and for that I apologize.”

• Just Fire Baby

Whats the knock on Franklin? Anyones thoughts?

********************************

He’s a NT, and teams are having less and less of a need for a run-stuffer, when a lot of teams (including the best one’s) toss the ball 45 times a game.

• Raidernationdave

DMAC Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Thanx for fking up my delicious lunch Dave.
    lol
    +++++++++++++

I feel a little like Forrest Gump at the “Black Panther Party! “Sorry I talked about Kobe’s sh*t in the middle of your lunch DMAC.”

Happy B-Day BTW!

• Just Fire Baby

That just made me like Romney even more.

• R8ER MIKE

Nooooooooo
    Its a place where you hook up w/ gilfs and have a good time.
    lol

******************
    the best place for that is in the super market.
    just hang out in the polly-grip isle !!

• DMAC

Franklin played well w/ the Whiners as a 3-4 nose. Didn’t to schit and kind of dissapeared in that 4-3 w/ the Saints.

Buckeyeraider Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 10:28 am

I hope BSJ and other Meeeeshigan fans enjoyed last years once-in-a-decade victory.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Much respect for the Bob Ufer reference.

That said, THE Suckeye University would have to win for several decades just to even the score with the winningest program in NCAA history.

It MIGHT help if you and Mustafa belt out a rousing chorus of “I wish I was an Urban Meyer Weiner!”

• DMAC

Thanx

• guest123

Pryor doubting his love of the game is concerning. If he’s that fragile up in the head, that disconnected from his former gig as BMOC, if he can’t live without being the center of attention of the coaching staff…maybe he’s just not tough enough mentally to make it.

I’m dissapointed with his candid admission of mental weakness. He should have kept that to himself. No one’s going to look out for him to be the superstar he thinks he is, so he’s going to have to take it by force. This is a mans league, nobody is volunteering to be TP’s wet nurse.

Pryor’s gotta suck it up and stop talking this nonsense. Shut all the doubters up with his play on the field, and put away the violins for his heat deprived mom who couldn’t pay her bills. Whatever he did good or bad is passed him now. Time to step up his game. It’s all that matters.

Trade Terrile Pryer for a case of the B-gizzles!

• DMAC

R8ER MIKE Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Nooooooooo
    Its a place where you hook up w/ gilfs and have a good time.
    lol

******************
    the best place for that is in the super market.
    just hang out in the polly-grip isle !!
    ===========

lol
    I thought they were on the isle where the mexican products are looking for chorizo.

• Raidernationdave

Kobe on the way to the game with Blakey, Pol, and Andrew

• Dakota

McFadden nailing Rihanna? McFadden is going to have to knock Chris Brown out when he starts stalking them to restaurants!

• DMAC

Dakota Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:19 pm

==========

Is this true or is it another lie Dakota?

• Dakota

Did John Travolta make a big donation to the Prez recently?

• DMAC

Never mind. I found this.

Rihanna — I’m NOT Dating Raiders RB Darren McFadden

Rihanna is adamant … she’s NOT dating Raiders running back Darren McFadden — despite reports the two were spotted making out in Hawaii a couple weeks ago.Sources close to Rihanna tell us, the singer did meet Darren last month in Honolulu — while she was promoting her new film “Battleship” — but they kept things strictly platonic.We’re told Darren — who was WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND — introduced himself to Rihanna as a fan … and Rihanna bought Darren and his GF drinks on the beach. That’s it.But that doesn’t mean Rihanna can’t support her new pal — which might explain why the singer wore a Raiders jersey to a New York strip club last week.

• DMAC

DMAC better watch out for me, when Rihanna shows up at the coliseum. I might even snatch from him.

• hwnrdr

721.DMAC Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:21 pm
    Dakota Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:19 pm

==========

Is this true or is it another lie Dakota?

SOmeone tweeted that they lke how Matt Kemp faired after Rhianna and was hoping the same for McFadden!

• hwnrdr

724.DMAC Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

LOL

Rihanna?

Hope she don’t smash his glass legs doin the reverse cowgirl…

• DMAC

Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Rihanna?

Hope she don’t smash his glass legs doin the reverse cowgirl…
    ========
    lol
    Nice 1 BO

• DMAC

Peace out ya’ll.
    I’m gone.
    Be safe players.

enjoy your special day, hippie!

• R8ER MIKE

DMAC Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

****************
    lol lol DMAC snatchs kisses and vice versa !!! lol lol

• R8ER MIKE

have a good you DMAC..
    and happy birthday my Green Party brother !!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Mitt Romney is such a charismatic fellow, isn’t he?

• R8ER MIKE

*day

KoolKell Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Mitt Romney is such a charismatic fellow, isn’t he?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Now don’t start chasing him around the Safeway lot, Chocula.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

No worries Boo, he won’t show up here in Alameda. He’ll be trying to shizzle you people in Ohio, though.

• Just Fire Baby

Mitt Romney is such a charismatic fellow, isn’t he?

*****************************

Apparently more so than this Leuber fellow.

• DutchRaider77

Raiders’ Heyward-Bey charged with drunk driving…SF Gate

Will he get suspended by the league if convicted?

• realtruraider

DHB got a DUI? I would much rather have these players playing a little XBOX or Playstation in there off time than getting caught up. If they do go out for a few atleast pay for driver, I think they can afford it.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

How Bad Was Mitt Romney’s Prep School Bullying?

In a must-read piece today, the Washington Post’s Jason Horowitz reports that Mitt Romney was a prep school meanie. The story, which Horowitz got independently from five of Romney’s former classmates, is that after spring break in 1965, Romney came back to Cranbrook, his all-male private school in Michigan, and noticed that John Lauber, a new student a year younger than him, was wearing his hair bleached blond and hanging down over one eye. Lauber generally got teased for looking different and seeming gay, though he was not out. Romney’s friend at the time, Matthew Friedemann, recalls that Romney said of Lauber, “He can’t look like that. That’s wrong. Just look at him!” Romney kept complaining, and a few days later led a “prep school posse” that “came upon Lauber, tackled him and pinned him to the ground.”

Here’s the clincher: “As Lauber, his eyes filling with tears, screamed for help, Romney repeatedly clipped his hair with a pair of scissors.”

• realtruraider

Damn she looks good in silver and black

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:09 pm

That just made me like Romney even more.
    ——————————————
    No doubt, but “you people” are being rapidly out-numbered. As proven by the election of 0bama. ;-)

• hwnrdr

738.DutchRaider77 Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:54 pm
    Raiders’ Heyward-Bey charged with drunk driving…SF Gate

Will he get suspended by the league if convicted?

I swear…hey if I can go to SF with a designated driver…I’m pretty sure these guys can too!

• Just Fire Baby

Bush didn’t get suspended, so DHB should be all right.

1 game at worst (unless we found out he was going 115 miles with a bag of coke on him or something).

• hwnrdr

Right there should be s new story for a new post…let’s see….

• Just Fire Baby

What will be higher, DHB’s BAC or career YPC?

• DennisAllensVisor

How’s the gang?…

• Dakota

727.Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    May 10th, 2012 at 12:27 pm
    Rihanna?

Hope she don’t smash his glass legs doin the reverse cowgirl…

++++++++++++++

lol

• Dakota

I am shocked that DHB was busted for DUI!!!!! I mean, how the hell does he hold a mug of beer with those stone hands of his?

• r8eray

Darrius Heyward-Bey was charged with DUI Thursday following an arrest last month on the Bay Bridge.
    The arrest occurred at 2 a.m. on April 7 when Heyward-Bey was spotted speeding and weaving in his lane. Although Heyward-Bey was “very cooperative” with officers, he failed a field sobriety test at the scene. The Raiders leading receiver last season, Heyward-Bey does not have a history of legal troubles.
    Source: San Francisco Chronicle