Raiders announce revamped personnel department

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, May 15th, 2012 at 3:52 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Jon Kingdon, Bruce Kebric, Kent McCloughan and George Karras either were fired from or retired earlier this month from the Raiders personnl department. As promised, general manager Reggie McKenzie has succeeded in restructuring the department.

A few minutes ago, the Raiders announced the names and roles of those in their revamped personnel department:

Teddy Atlas, scouting coordinator
Mickey Marvin, college scout
David McCloughan, college scout
Raleigh McKenzie, college scout
Trey Scott, college scout
Dane Vandernat, pro scout

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I’m pretty sure he can get a job somewhere, he’s put some good film in the can the last couple of years. Anybody know what the Raiders are offering?

• R8ER MIKE

Well said AlzadoX

• Marks hair

And if he gets hurt its just tuff sht huh..

• Hot Shot

Catch the video from 5 OTA media sessions – Head Coach Dennis Allen, QB Carson Palmer, WRs Denarius Moore and Juron Criner and RB Darren McFadden. http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/all-videos/press-conference.html

• Plunketthead

It puts a smile on my face to see things are pretty much the same here as they were 5 years ago.

Except MR is beating on a dead man instead of an 80 year old invalid.

• Seymour Bush

KoolKell Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 6:24 pm

=================================================

The Raiders aren’t offering anything. Reece is still under contract. The Raiders want him to honor that contract.

• soiled and stanky stank

You all just wait and see. Tebow time gonna run over Sanchez and Jets are gonna off load the hot dog eater and you all know big ReggieMac likes USC QBs’. Look for Sanchez to sport Silver and Black real soon and TPryor to go half back, TE and wide out. No bull. Got this from an inside source on the inside.

• R8ER MIKE

Damn plunk. 5 years?

• Big Stick

testing 1 2 3

• Plunketthead

It was just over 5 years ago when this place blew up and Jerry got rid of his japanese trollbot.

• R8ER MIKE

An inside source on the inside? Really?? Sweet!!! lol lol

• Plunketthead

I have not been this optimistic going into a year for many a moon now.

DMAC scares other teams. Throw in a top ten QB and an improved O line with some excellent WR’s.

The D will be vastly improved. I just have faith

Best year ever!!!!!!!

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

PeymourGlen, you forgot to tell KK how he eats out of a dumpster for making such a stupid comment about the Raiders offering Reece something while he is under contract.
    _____

Seymour Bush Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

KoolKell Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 6:24 pm

=================================================

• Raw and Plump Ready

Plunketthead Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 6:43 pm

*************************************************

If you go back to the beginning it was all trollbot. Then came the early guys and then others evolved. Some have gone thru some intense arguments and some have gone thru blog plastic surgery so to speak. Others have bailed.

• Raw and Plump Ready
  • alzadoX

Seymour Bush Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

***

as I understand it, Reece is an “exclusive rights free agent” who has been “tendered” (offered a contract at a set level under CBA). He is not under contract and certainly has the right not to sign the contract that is being offered…but some of us think that it would be a good move for him to sign that contract and work on bettering his skills improving his production and thus getting a big contract later.

Under the CBA Raiders have “exclusive rights” to him as a (technically under the CBA) 3rd year player, Reece has no options but to sign the tender or sit out, unless he can convince the Raiders to do something different (like trade his rights or give him a better contract than the tender). Reece has little leverage, even less now with Schmitt signed

but, it’s not like Reece is refusing to honor a contract he signed. He didn’t sign any contract re: current league fiscal year

• R8ER MIKE

So you are a elder statesmen here Plunk.
    Me I am kinda new here.
    Like a newborn blog baby; just keep poking my head in and out.

• Raw and Plump Ready

And then there are the trolls.

:mrgreen: :P :D :oops: :cool: :mad: :evil: ;) :twisted: :sad: :x :roll: :lol:

• Gandalfo
  • http://demitassechicago.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Le Brick strikes again! Go Pacers!

• http://demitassechicago.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Have you guys seen that video were Owen Schmitt smashes himself in the head with his helmet?

• Gandalfo

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 6:56 pm
    ………….

• http://demitassechicago.com Albert Bigelow Paine

I came to the blog the year Jamarcus was drafted.

• http://demitassechicago.com Albert Bigelow Paine
  • Plunketthead

“some have gone thru blog plastic surgery so to speak”

I hear you. I underwent a sex change

• Gandalfo

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 6:58 pm
    Gandalfo, here it is:

……….

Thats crazy.

• Seymour Bush

==============================================

True, I guess my point is he is still under his original contract which makes him an exclusive rights free agent. Unless another contract is reached, next year he will be unrestricted.

• Assomatic

Plunketthead Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 6:59 pm
    “some have gone thru blog plastic surgery so to speak”

I hear you. I underwent a sex change

==

Ouch!

• http://demitassechicago.com Albert Bigelow Paine

I hope Schmitt makes the team. Raider fans will love him if he does that every game.

• R8ER MIKE

ABP.. wtf?? Is Jon Ritchie his hero?

• Pro Baller

Is it really true Reggie McK is trying to get Mark Sanchez on board because he likes USC quarterbacks?

• Pro Baller

I do know the Raiders are the only team with two Heisman QBs’.

• http://demitassechicago.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Trade Pryor for Mark Sanchez.

• Plunketthead

hahaha I hope the Pacers beat the wetdream team.

• Plunketthead

You cant trade Pryor. The mans is bonified uberstud.
    He may even be able to ball like Tebow.
    Speaking of which, you know that locker room is going ballistic this year when TT outplays the spanish heartthrob.

TP could actually be a star QB for us. Just have a little faith and great coaching

• http://demitassechicago.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Eddy Curry going to come off the bench and win the series for Miami.

• http://demitassechicago.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Here is what you have all been waiting for. Tim Kawakami article about Pryor:

• http://demitassechicago.com Albert Bigelow Paine

“Pryor looked pretty sharp during the practice and seemed very comfortable in quarterback drills alongside Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart . . . particularly Palmer.”

• Plunketthead

I believe the D.A. will make better use of Seymour and the Dline.

Watch Seymour have a fantastic year. We are talking about a sure hall of famer with the pride and willpower to go out on top.

I predict he will be a pro bowler

• Plunketthead

Al is the greatest. He left us in great shape. Not being on the field was a tough setback. It took him awhile to learn how to run a NFL team from a bedroom at the Hilton Inn but he was doing it.

• Plunketthead

Pryor made his own point when a reporter started describing the different skillsets of the three quarterbacks. Leinart knows the West Coast Offense, you can run, Palmer has a big arm . . .

“I’ve got a big arm, too,” Pryor said quickly. “A big arm.

“I just happen to be able to run and that just adds on to my arsenal.”

• Plunketthead

Pryor said he had several phone conversations a week with Al Davis up to the time Davis died, and Pryor said that he feels a special responsibility as Davis’ final draft choice (as a supplemental pick in 2011).

I think I am going to get a TP jersey.

• Tricky70390

Raider O Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 4:32 pm
    I rather read Beeech’s comments over some of the crap here. At least he is funny and entertaining. Ignorant monkeys talking about economics and politics is not funny or entertaining.
    ===================================

If people here actually think saying “Peemore Bust” is clever and witty, I need to find a new blog to frequent.

• Raiders for life

Good riddance

• DJ Johnny

65.DutchRaider77 Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 5:13 pm
    I’ll bet after all the fine print Sapp made about 500k/year in Oakland.

_____________________________________________________

Wrong as usual, why don’t you actually look things up, instead of looking like a moron?

Now now. Don’t let the facts get in the way of an unstable obsession with discrediting every moment of a deceased football owners life.

• DJ Johnny

136.Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 7:11 pm
    Eddy Curry going to come off the bench and win the series for Miami.

ABP, you ARE definitely a Chicago guy. I’m guessing a big public league fan as well?

• DJ Johnny

132.Pro Baller Says:
    May 15th, 2012 at 7:07 pm
    I do know the Raiders are the only team with two Heisman QBs’.

Awesome. Reggie making moves like that which Al Davis would’ve never done.

…er….wait a second.

• Dew Drop

Me and all my friends just want to drop in a say hi and congrats to a succesful Raider mini camp. Things went way better than expected.

:mrgreen: Oh Yeah!

:D Go RRRRRaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiidddddderssssss

:) Cant wait for preseason to turn it on.

:sad: I will miss my man HueJax

:o Da Raidahs

:cool: Yeah Baby :!: Just Win…

:shock: Sanchez a Raider :?:

;) got my tix

:evil: anyone who disses coach davis can kiss my ass

:lol: Lets git it on baby ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

:oops: I just crapped my pants in excitement..

:mad: F*ck dem broncos, chargers and chiefs

:twisted: dont bogart that joint my friend

:roll: You know thats right.

:P We all goin to have a good time

:???: sellouts, all 8 games, I sure hope so

:mrgreen: Well, I’m headed on down to the club to meet some babes, OH YEAH!

:neutral: Can I come :?:

:mrgreen: Oh Yeah

:D Thanks for ya’ll droppin in and hope ya’ll enjoyed me and all my friends groovin on a successful Raiders mini camp where you know it was happening. Lombardi time here we come.

• Raiders for life

Dew Drop….
    Add a few political finatics and your friends will be complete.

• Coliseum City or bust

I’m tellin ya, it wont be long before Mark “the spanish heartthrob hot dog eatin qb” Sanchez puts on the Silver and Black. Could be as soon as pre-season. Been sayin this, you know you been hearin it. Sanchez will be a Raider. A team with those 3 would most certainly be the three from USC. And Pryor will be the half back/TE/ and wide out. Print it!