Raiders add veteran fullback

The Raiders concluded a busy day Tuesday by signing veteran fullback Owen Schmitt.
Schmitt, 27, spent the past two seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles after a two-year stint with the Seattle Seahawks. He appeared in 61 games during his first four NFL seasons.
Schmitt, 6-feet-2 and 245 pounds, is a punishing blocker, especially in the run game. The Raiders currently have Marcel Reece and Manase Tonga at fullback on their roster.
However, it’s conceivable that Schmitt could force out Tonga at some point, given he has more experience.

Steve Corkran

45 minutes until lunch.

all I brought was a turkey sandwich, but nachos sound SOOO good right now!

• DMAC

Has anyone ever been to Mile high or KC to check out a game?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

The Fakers and Clippers are done.
    Fire Del Negro!

• R8ER MIKE

?? you got the munchies RRS?

331.bcz24 Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:37 am
    293.Raider O Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:08 am
    What happened to Eddie Murphy? He used to be so funny. RAW was great.
    Um fufu the Bush Biotch wants Half!!
    ****************
    Eddie Murphy Delirious was MUCH funnier than Raw in my opinion. Check it out if you haven’t seen it.

Yes, Delirious ws the red suit and Raw was purple. There were a few funny moments in Raw, but in Delirious, he was more Raw…still one of my funniest of all time videos!

346.Raider O Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:45 am
    DMAC,

I will try bro. I want to meet you, Hwnrdr, Dirt Lot, Dell, B, and more.
    Maybe ODB can meet us there too.

Do it and let us know! Always a pleasure to meet people on here!

Has anyone ever been to Mile high or KC to check out a game?

@hippie

I’ll probably go to Arrowhead to see the Raiders play, eventually. probably not this year

10/28 is my wife’s birthday!

that would be more of a present to me :)

• guest123

nachos sound SOOO good right now!

*********

and a beer!

344.DMAC Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:45 am
    I suggest YOU Laker fans smoke a whole lot before 2nights game to ease some of the pain Durantula and Harden are going to apply.

Sorry DMAC, is that what you Warriors fans do all season? LOL…couldn’t resist, sorry :)
    Anyways, I just won’t watch! I’ll be like Dakota and fly stuff around the house!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

ODB,

Not me bro. I don’t travel east of Ohio (unless I’m traveling abroad).

• Kirk

I was glad to see that Pryor looked sharp in practice.

His college stats were very close to Cam Newton’s.

@G123

make mine a root beer and you’re on!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I have to watch it again. I thought Raw was great.
    Still LMAO at UmFufu the Bush Biotch!

349.R8ER MIKE Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:48 am
    Raider O Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:45 am
    DMAC,

I will try bro. I want to meet you, Hwnrdr, Dirt Lot, Dell, B, and more.
    Maybe ODB can meet us there too.

*******************
    thought you guys were making the road thip east to catch the Raider/Raven game ??

I’m still working on that!

• DMAC

hwnrdr Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:53 am

344.DMAC Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:45 am

===========

No, but I do have to talk a little schit, because some people on here like to bash my team. (not you of course)

I’m still working on that!

@hwnrdr

translation: let me check with the wifey to see if I can ditch the family for the weekend. she may have other plans

LOL

363.Raider O Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:57 am
    I have to watch it again. I thought Raw was great.
    Still LMAO at UmFufu the Bush Biotch!

That part was funny! I want half Mr F you man!!! LOL

• R8ER MIKE

RRS. are you in a band or play an instrument ??

• hwnrdr

LOL, its all good DMAC! Like I said, I like to see the Warriors do good!

are you in a band or play an instrument ??

@Mike

does air guitar count?

• R8ER MIKE

cool that will work Hwnrdr.

• DMAC

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:53 am

Has anyone ever been to Mile high or KC to check out a game?

@hippie

10/28 is my wife’s birthday!

that would be more of a present to me
    ===========

I want to go to sooooo fk’n bad all Raidered out. Maybe we can hook up one day RaiderWabbit.

366.RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:58 am
    I’m still working on that!

@hwnrdr

LOL

LOL< actually I am talking with her to make it a family trip! I mean, it will be educational (somewhat) for the kids…just not sure about the situation back home!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

ROFLMAO Hwnrdr!

• R8ER MIKE

Raider O Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:54 am
    ODB,

Not me bro. I don’t travel east of Ohio (unless I’m traveling abroad).

****************
    only a couple more hours drive east and you can hang out at the compound !!!

375.R8ER MIKE Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 11:01 am
    Raider O Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:54 am
    ODB,

Not me bro. I don’t travel east of Ohio (unless I’m traveling abroad).

****************
    only a couple more hours drive east and you can hang out at the compound !!!

WACO? Oh, you said East…lol

thats cool man. I was just busting your chops :P

• DMAC

hwnrdr Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:59 am

LOL, its all good DMAC! Like I said, I like to see the Warriors do good!
    ==========

I always root for the west coast team anyday, but like I said a lot of peoples like to talk schit here, so I’m just returning the favor.
    I was a big Shawn Kemp and the “glove” fan growing up though. The Supersonics were kind of my second team growing up as a youngster.

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:44 am
    La Canfora’s reporting that Reece now has CJ37’s agent. Wonderful

@Duck

name of the agent, please?

as long as it isn’t Drew Rosenhaus we should be fine.

============================================

Joel Segal.

• hwnrdr

Shawn Kemp and the Glove were amazing to watch! Just like the others though…Barkley, Stockton, Malone…they ran into Jordan!

• R8ER MIKE

*************
    if thats a fact you gotta check out the Baltimore aquarium. place is bad azz !! and you dont have to be stoned to enjoy it !!

• DMAC

RaiderDuck Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 11:02 am

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:44 am
    La Canfora’s reporting that Reece now has CJ37’s agent. Wonderful

@Duck

name of the agent, please?

as long as it isn’t Drew Rosenhaus we should be fine.

============================================

Joel Segal.
    =========

Steven Segal’s brother?

***

that would be cool, DMAC.

I have a bunch of friends that try to get me to go with them to the Raider/Chiefs game in KC. They are fans of the squaws, naturally. They say, make sure you get all decked out in Raider gear… but if you get into a fight, we don’t know you!

haha, wusses

• DMAC

hwnrdr Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 11:05 am

==========

Yeah that was def. nice to watch back then.

• RAIDER NATION STATION http://www.raidernationstation.com/

RaiderDuck Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:42 am
    And La Canfora’s reporting that Reece now has CJ37’s agent. Wonderful.

===================

RNS reported this weeks ago. Did he change agents again?!

381.R8ER MIKE Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 11:05 am

*************

Also, I heard Philly and DC aint too far from there.

• R8ER MIKE

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 10:59 am
    are you in a band or play an instrument ??

@Mike

does air guitar count?

****************
    lol RRS.. dont think so.
    reason i asked is my kid plays guitar and
    wants to start a band. thought you might have some insite.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

ODB,

I love Ohio. CA is home, but Ohio is special. I enjoyed living/ being there more than CA, ME, and Europe.
    O
    H
    I
    O
    OHIO!

• hwnrdr

Mike, the compound would be educational right? You know, earth science?

• DMAC

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 11:05 am

***

that would be cool, DMAC.

haha, wusses
    ==========

Yeah
    I may need a little back-up w/ me for them drunk ass fools.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I also lived in KY, I like it, but I love Ohio. I like the weather in CA, but I’m more comfortable in Ohio and the MW.

• hwnrdr

I only lived in 3 places all my life…Hawaii, San Diego and the Bay!

my kid plays guitar and
    wants to start a band. thought you might have some insite

@Mike

you might check with snb triple 6

I think Dell may also be involved in the music industry, as a side interest

thought DMAC & perhaps Beeeecham were in the hip hop arena

• hwnrdr

So is PlunkettforHOF…he is up North in Reno!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

ODB,

Next time I visit Ohio, I will try to come see you and the compound, but I’m not watching the Golden Girls with you. LOL

I also lived in KY, I like it

O,

LOL! I knew you had a little redneck in ya

still planning a trip to MO, to plant & harvest some “crops” on my property down by the river?

• DMAC

Good luck to all A’s pitchers.
    Josh Hamilton is putting up unreal #’s right now.
    Lets get em’.

• guest123

hwnrdr Says:
    May 16th, 2012 at 11:12 am
    I only lived in 3 places all my life…Hawaii, San Diego and the Bay!

********

Nice!

• guest123

I’ve lived in all 4 time zones

• DonManoukiansNeighbor

Quarterback Carson Palmer said both sides won when the Cincinnati Bengals traded him to the Oakland Raiders last season.

PalmerNot sure whether we should file this under “What did you really expect him to say” or “Players are sometimes delusional about their own situation.” Palmer made this comment when asked if he needed to patch things up with his former team.

“It was time to move on and it was time for them to move on,” Palmer said Monday on the Dan Patrick Show, “and they’re in a better place and I’m definitely in a better place.”

Palmer added, “I think in the years to come both organizations will look back and say this thing was the best thing to happen.”

It’s fair to say that Palmer’s time with the Bengals had run its course. But it’s inaccurate to say both organizations are happy with the results, at least based on last season.

The Bengals went to the playoffs with new quarterback Andy Dalton and received two additional draft picks (including cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick in the first round this year) in the deal with Oakland. Palmer ended up going 4-5 as the Raiders’ starter and lost the head coach (Hue Jackson) who spearheaded the move to get him to Oakland. The Bengals even ended up with Jackson as an assistant. Not sure how Palmer is counting, but this was a win-win-win for Cincinnati.

For Palmer to justify Oakland giving up a first-round pick in 2012 and a second-rounder in 2013, he has to do more than lead the Raiders to the playoffs. He has to win postseason games and a good number of them. Some might say Palmer would have to guide Oakland to the Super Bowl to validate what the Raiders gave up for him.
    ——————————————————