Judge: McClain guilty on all counts; sentenced to 180 days in jail

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Thursday, May 17th, 2012 at 1:13 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders middle linebacker Rolando McClain was found guilty Thursday of assault, reckless endangerment, menacing and wrongful discharge of a firearm by a Decatur (Ala.) Municipal Court judge, the television station WHNT-19 reported.

McClain was sentenced to 180 days in jail. It’s unclear how much of that time he actually will serve in jail. He was released on bond and will appeal the ruling, according to his lawyer.

The Raiders issued the following statement, in a press release:

“The Raiders are well aware of the proceedings in the Alabama courts today. The team will continue to closely monitor the legal process, understanding that when appropriate the NFL will review the situation under its personal conduct policy.”

Earlier in the day, Jaradious Williams, the co-defendant along with McClain in the case, pleaded guilty to 90 days in jail and approximately $300 in fines and testified against McClain.

McClain can appeal the verdict to a Circuit Court, which would include a jury trial.

McClain’s lawyer, Harvey Steinberg said of the ruling, “This is meaningless. We get a jury trial. Most lawyers say, ‘Let’s stipulate and start all over.’ I wanted to put this on so we could show how ridiculous this entire situation is. It truly is. There’s no basis for it.

“Our feeling was that we should go through it so we could put out there that Rolando did very little, if anything, wrong. He certainly didn’t do anything criminal. He ceertainly didn’t do anything wrong. This was the only procedure we had to follow other than doing the stipulation so we could get a trial to a jury. By doing it this way, we wanted to put out there the fact that this is a case we would humbly suggest is much ado about nothing.”

The conviction stems from an incident Nov. 30, with the victim, Rishard Tapscott, the victim of an alleged assault. Tapscott said McClain threatened to kill him and put a gun next to his ear and fired it.

McClain was in Alabama at the time attending the funeral of a relative.

He could also face discipline from the NFL and the Raiders for violation of the league’s personal conduct policy.

• Method To My Madness

MR your comedy ensues….I’m dying at all your comments today….you on the war path

• papertiger418

Beech, if you were forced to emigrate to another country, which one would you pick and why?

• The Beeech Dawg

Lowdown_in_Beijing Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Beeeech Dawg,

How about a song about a Rastafarian super hero called “Iron Mon’”…???

No joking, show some love as only you can.

———————-

LiB – you’re in lucky – I brought the laptop into the head while I squeeze out a fresh but watery duece and luckily I was able to push out these lyrics also

Obviously they’d be sung over a chill drum beat with lots of rim shots, pumping bass, and Jamaican chicks with big melons chanting “Ooooo La La LaLa”

Yo, the Iron Mon is here to bust an Iron Mon load
    Dem ladies like to worship my indestructible dode
    Try to ride my pony, girl, you like how it feel
    Now come and lick dem balls, dey both made out of steal

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

Kell,

Why the wide brush pal?

Stepping over to you old stomping grounds in a week before Tokyo gets too hot, I’ll be on the look out for any progeny you may have contributed.

Miller v. Parsons: The fate of Second Place is at Stake!

• Method To My Madness

Lowdown….I won’t do the seceding of LA thing cuz there are some cool LA cats who dig Raiders and believe the belong here

Next meltdown?…..in 5,4,3,2…….

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Modern day politics.

Immigration – started in 2006, election year.

tea party – started as soon as Obamma won election in ’08

• JLofty

I worked for a nascar team on the west coast and am a motorsports fan in general.
    True they are MUCH better behaved than urban bangers, but i had my nose broke by some drunk dude at Sears Point in 1990. Its not all peace and love. Never seen a gun at a race though…

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Every NFL team should move to LA. All 32 of them. Why not? I mean, huge t.v. market, endorsements, access to hollywood helps attract free agents. Why should only the Raiders be interested? Sounds as if it would be beneficial to every team.

• Method To My Madness

Beecher should emigrate to North Korea….let’s see if that dictator can get wit his “rap style”….or even better if he hates it…which is for sure….we can never hear from Beecher again

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Lofty, if there were shootings at NASCAR events, you’d just chalk up to the 2nd amendment rights. There is nothing that could happen at a NASCAR event that you’d chalk up to thug culture, unless it were committed by blacks.

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

MTMM,

Yes, I was rather rash in my condemnation of the Southern Raider Nation.

LA is home to many of my favorite Rockabilly bands and venues.

Still the rest of the clowns deserve the Dodgers and nothing more.

Beeech Dawg….sweet, I am an insect in your presence.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Seymour Bush,

You didn’t answer my question. Any response to post 1235?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Lowdown_in_Beijing Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 4:51 pm
    Kell,

Why the wide brush pal?

—————————————–
    Wonder if Mugens is still open in Akasaka? or the Soul Embassy in Roppongi?

• JLofty

Hey B,
    Speakin of nba fans in colored shirts, i remeber my gold “we believe” shirt was pretty common at the Oakland Alameda county arena a few years back. Whole crowd had em on for months.
    Should be fun to watch the Okies crush the Flakers in LaLa….

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

I fear Seymour may have died of not giving a f\/ck Raider O.

Miller v Parsons: Battle of the Bench 2012.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

If the OMalley’s hadn’t sold the team to Murdoch (Fox), the Dodgers and the Yankess would have played in at least 5 World Series in the past decade. Dodgers were on the cusp of blowing up, they’d had the best scouts in baseball, lineup was filled with ROYs. They were right there. Then Murdoch bought the team and had a garage sale, just like Wall Street vultures, got rid of everyone. OMalley tried to buy the team back once he realized what Murdoch was doing. Too late.

• Method To My Madness

Lol….MR I like the. Sarcasm in that….I think folks don’t understand why LA will never work….well Rams would in LA. It is amazing that ppl can be that selfish and greedy to take what isn’t theirs. Top free agents wanna g to LA…not to play football for damn sure….Some folks need to talk to Rod Martin

• Plunketthead

MRsully

Heres the list of censored words

Good luck

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Dodgers have been in disarray ever since.

• Hot Shot

Why dont you guys open your own politics blog and go talk on that.This is a Raiders football blog.Please change the subject.Its getting old.

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

Shudder…Roppongi district…I’d love to have seen it in your day, but now it’s seedy in a commercialized kinda way…with ex war criminals from Ghana running the doors…most disconcerting.

Mugens? I’ll let you know…I usually don’t remember much after a night out in Akasaka, but I will try.

Bench Battles heating up in Oakland!

• Method To My Madness

JL…I remember….I couldn’t do it tho…maybe cuz I love being the oddball lol

Yes Lakers bout to get scraped

• The Beeech Dawg

Brian the Genital, you and grandpa Krappy will have a great time in my luxury box at Farmer’s Field at the Raider’s LA home opener

I’m telling you, if KrappyRat sticks his paws in the fresh nacho cheese you’ll both get sued for cause, plus all access to the PARTYDUDE 8000 will be revoked.

The old fool must be kept in check. And no diaper changing near the buffet station.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

The arguments to move to LA just crack me up, because every team could be lured by such arguments. What makes the Raiders so special? Why are they at the forefront of the LA sweepstakes? Because they’ve been there before? They left for a reason, and I’m sure the city council of whatever burb they try to move into down there will look into it. I see pretty much ANY team being a better candidate than the Raiders. Fanfare? Come on. Whatever team moves down there, or whatever expansion team is built, LA is going to support them. Raiders, or anyone else.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LiB,

Maybe. You can’t/ shouldn’t judge people based on yourself. Some people are capable of understanding economics, and enjoy talking about it.
    If we all had the same capabilities, we wouldn’t have janitors, housekeepers, etc…

• Method To My Madness

Mr…you are very rough onn whites today…what’s the deal? Everything copasetic in Sac?

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

I’ll tell you right now. Whoever moves to LA, Raiders or otherwise, there will be a price. What do you think LA is, a cow town desperate for a sports team? They’re holding all the cards. They would tax the Raiders to the tilt. Maybe your Packers, G-men or Patriots cold hold LA’s balls to the fire. Any other team? Including the Raiders? Other way around.

• Lowdown_in_Beijing

Hasta gents, it’s Saturday here and I’m off to the market before it reaches 95F.

This years hot color is white.

The most fashionable way for the girls to wear this color is on anything very short, very thin and damn near transparent.

And four inch pumps.

• Just Fire Baby

Man I was scared when I first read KoolKell’s post, than I realized it meant ALL minoriites together equal just more than 50% of new babies.

If you would have asked me, I would thought that this was true starting about 15 years ago!!!

That’s like finding a twenty in an old pair of jeans!!!

• Raidernationdave

Nnamdi21 Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 3:47 pm

1172. 2/3rds of all illegals pay more taxes than General Electric
    +++++++++++++++++++
    No body “pays” taxes! All they do is get further in ‘debt’ playing with phoney fiat currency.

BTW, how do think that whole RoMac thing will play out?

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Why should the city council of LA or any suburb down there accept any less of perks from the Raiders than what they would get from owners of another team or an expansion team? Some Raider fans act like moving to LA is as easy as getting your old job back at your dad’s shop. Raiders really have two options:

1) Stay in Oakland. Develop, build that coliseum city or whatever.

2) Move to some small city desperate for a sports team. the Des Moines Raiders. Good luck.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Mark Davis will have to get a few winning seasons under his belt, probably a SB, before he can start going around putting the Raiders on the market. These cities will want to know for sure that Mark’s not his old man. Because every single resemblance to his old man is one huge red flag to these cities.

• JLofty

damn near transparent.

And four inch pumps.

-I love spring/summer.

• http://ggeden.blogspot.com/ GG

1174 and 1175 RMR gets confused again which alias to post under

• Seymour Bush

@ raider O

Iff you look closely at my statement ii said “mass immigration.” Immigration in and of itself is not bad. Shoot, America has made a living brain draining other countries. In fact if we did not “import” those German nuclear scientists we wouldn’t have won WWII. But that is different from masses of poor who come here with nothing including no education.

• alzadoX

a question I have re: Romac trial

is the first trial in Alabama like a preliminary hearing in California before a judge? Or did McClain through his lawyer waive his right (US Constitution) to a jury trial and agree to a trial by judge? Or stipulate to try this first with guaranteed appeal? If the former, maybe his lawyer is right that this doesn’t mean much. (Not that I personally believe he’s not guilty, nor do I believe he’s guilty as charged. I think he should have his right to have a jury determine innocence or guilt)

Would like clarification on judicial process in criminal court in Decatur Alabama as it applies to Romac case

• Hot Shot

Three women left separately after a very late night out drinking Guinness until the early hours. They met the next day for an early pint, and compared notes about who had been the most drunk.

The first gal claims that she was the drunkest, saying, “I drove straight home, walked into the house, and as soon as I got through the door, I blew chunks”.

To which the second gal replied, “You think that was drunk? I got in my car, drove out of the parking lot, and wrapped my car around the first tree I saw. I don’t even have insurance!”

And the third proclaimed, “I was by far the most drunk. I got home, I go in a big fight with my husband, knocked a candle over and burned the whole house down!”

They all looked at each other for a moment. Then the first gal says: “Ladies, I don’t think you understand. Chunks is my dog.”!!!!!LOL

• http://www.addictedtoquack.com RaiderDuck

Sullivan44 Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 5:13 pm

===========================================

Speaking of which, they still sell “Irwindale Raiders” memorabilia on eBay.

• iowaraider

I’d like to have the Raiders here!

• JLofty

Thanks for the laugh hot shot!

Have a great weekend NATION!

I am going to think about Asian ladies in white and pumps….;-)

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Doesn’t Irwindale still have that hole in the ground?

• alzadoX

Vittorio Tafur
    Also in Oakland Raiders

Judge Cook said the evidence that convinced him to find McClain guilty was the man who called 911 that night. The man testified he was at home across the street on Nov. 30 when he saw and heard a gun fired, but didn’t know who did it and called 911.

****

interesting (also in articles). So evidence of someone not knowing who fired a shot alone convinced judge that it had to have been McClain, even though witness who called 911 didn’t know who it was? Hmmm

• RaiderLen

KoolKell Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 3:57 pm
    More than half of all babies born last year were members of minority groups, the first time in U.S. history. It’s a sign of how swiftly the USA is becoming a nation of younger minorities and older whites.

Hispanics, blacks, Asians and other minorities in 2011 accounted for 50.4% of births, 49.7% of all children under 5 and slightly more than half of the 4 million kids under 1, the Census Bureau reports today.

The nation’s growing diversity has huge implications for education, economics and politics. “Children are in the vanguard of this transition,” says Kenneth Johnson, a demographer at the University of New Hampshire’s Carsey Institute.
    ——————————————-
    Read’em and weep, you true, red-blooded Americans.
    —————————————
    Yawn…

“Pollocks”, “Chinks”,”Micks”, “Waps”, Jews etc…were all minorities, or considered as such, at one time or another.

The 2nd generation of all immigrants become “Americanized” and behave according to the social options available.

It’s meaningless.

• Hot Shot

A guy walks into a bar and orders a drink. After a few more he needs to go to the can. He doesn’t want anyone to steal his drink so he puts a sign on it saying, “I spat in this beer, do not drink!”. After a few minutes he returns and there is another sign next to his beer saying, “So did I!”

• RaiderLen

Hot Shot Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 5:27 pm
    —————————–
    LOL! Clever.

• Hot Shot

Three men were sitting in a bar talking about how whipped they had their wives.

The first two kept bragging about how they could get their wives to do anything.

They looked at the third man and he said, “I have my wife so whipped that the other day I had her crawling towards me on her hands and knees.”

Both of the other men were very impressed and asked him how he had managed that.

The man replied, “Well, I was lying under the bed and she crawled over and said, “Come out and fight like a man!”.

• alzadoX

Vittorio Tafur ‏@VittorioTafur

“There’s no evidence that Rolando McClain had a gun,” his attorney, Harvey Steinberg, said outside the courtroom.

Retweet
    Favorite

****

Anybody with familiarity of attorneys knows “there’s no evidence” means there’s no evidence they want to acknowledge. The reason they don’t want to acknowledge it can be because it really doesn’t exist, but also could mean they know it exists but don’t want to acknowledge it exists because that would hurt their client, or some variation of that, or some other reason.

• Just Fire Baby

I would have never thought I would turn to the MLB mix page, and immediately see Orioles and Nationals and tune in.

Beltway baseball….feel the excitement!!!

• Plunketthead

Oakglen Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 5:20 pm
    #####################

lol we did not “import” them untill after we won WWII.

• RaiderLen

Plunketthead Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 5:33 pm
    Oakglen Says:
    May 18th, 2012 at 5:20 pm
    #####################

lol we did not “import” them untill after we won WWII.
    ———————————————-
    Project Paper Clip.

Responsible for our “American Space Program.”

Some German Jew Scientists mat have fled prior to WWII to the States. Einstein?