McClain at OTAs, practicing

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, May 21st, 2012 at 10:20 am in Oakland Raiders.

There is no media availability until Tuesday, but checked in with the Raiders and was told Rolando McClain is in Alameda and practicing with the team while awaiting appeal on his conviction in Decatur, Ala. for assault, reckless endagerment, illegal discharge of a firearm and menacing.

McClain was sentenced last Thursday to 180 days in jail and fined $2,000 by a municipal court judge, then freed pending appeal. Appealing to the circuit court would include a jury trial. McClain’s attorney, Harvey Steinberg called the verdict “meaningless” in anticipation of a jury trial.

Rishard Tapscott, the victim in the case, identified McClain as the man who fired a gun next to his ear following a dispute. Tapscott has also filed a civil lawsuit against McClain.

The Raiders’ statement upon McClain’s conviction said “The team will continue to closely monitor the legal process, understanding that when appropriate the NFL will review the situation under its personal conduct policy.”

The club also has the option for disciplining McClain for conduct detrimental to the club _ the incident occurred on Nov. 30 while he was in Decatur for the funeral of a family member.

• Marks hair

The thunders good, but the spurs will take it.

• R8ER MIKE

lol lol lol O!!

• DennisAllensVisor

Marks hair Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:24 am
    The thunders good, but the spurs will take it.

—-

I dont think its gonna be easy either way.

When the Thunder go small with Durant at the 4, the Spurs will struggle to match up.

• Silverandblack666

“Heard What?! (lol)”

Heard the news about the BIRD?

Now that the Lakers lost maybe we can lose the basketball talk in here

***

@silver

probably about a 50% reduction. everybody knows I’m rooting for the Heat – the NBA team everybody loves to hate

if they lose a game in this series or next, I’m sure I’ll hear about it!!

• hwnrdr

Here’s the thing I didn’t know…Spurs went 2-1 this year against OKC…all 3 games, Manu Ginobli wasn’t playing! But I have this feeling that the difference will be D-Fish! Don’t know why, but I think he will!

• hwnrdr

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:23 am
    Gasol & Bynum for Dwight, Turk & 2012 1st rd.

Clippers need to hire SVG.

SVG to Clips may not be a bad idea!

• Marks hair

I dont hate the heat. I just dont think they have size or a 6th man.
    The lakers had no scoring off the bench either.. beeeeewww

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Bynum needs to get himself a pair of clippers and trim those stray grey hairs they are running wild on his dome and he looks like a silly freak!

35.00 for some clips man, smh

• Marks hair

Spurs will win okc is a jump shooting team. The Lakers gave them games 2 & 3.. Thespurs dont & wont make those mistakes. They have the best offense in the league.. Fk the spurs..

• Marks hair

Bynum says he’s growin an afro for next yr.

• DEATHROW 55

Lakers have diccccchk slapped all these teams the past decade , they’ll reload and be back I wonder if all these Laker haters were all thunder, heat and clippers fans 5 yrs ago when they were just a muck of schhhitt. It must be fun to jump on the band wagon and talk schhhitt when your nemesis gets knocked out of play offs. It’s all good 16 banners and and I witnessed 5 of them can’t complain, I have a fealing ill see more to come!!!

I dont hate the heat. I just dont think they have size or a 6th man

***

true, Mark

I think the Heat were hoping they could get a lift off the bench from guys like Shane Battier, Mike Miller & Udonis Haslem. with Chris Bosh out, somebody needs to step it up!

Wade & James have to combine for 70 points a game to even compete in games?

Haslem showed up with 8 points in the 4th qtr of the last against against Indy. that was huge. hoping we might see more of that. Chalmers has a good game once in a while, too

• DennisAllensVisor

Marks hair Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:36 am

—-

Not really. But cool try..

Im not callin the winner yet, need to think it over.

But I know for sure that its not as clear as you make it seem.

• DennisAllensVisor

I actually do hate the Heat. FYI.

I have a fealing ill see more to come!!!

***

hey #662

you may see your boy McClain on Deathrow some day, too!

• Silverandblack666

• Marks hair

The Lake show will go on. Im not half as concerned about them as I am for my Raiders.

• DennisAllensVisor

Working on my revised 53 man roster. Be back later.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Silverandblack666 Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:27 am
    “Heard What?! (lol)”

Heard the news about the BIRD?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What are you talking about?

Im not half as concerned about them as I am for my Raiders.

***

@Mark

this is true. Lakers actually made the playoffs

Buss, Kupchak & Brown aren’t rookies like McKenzie, Allen & Tarver!!

• Marks hair

Always an insult along with your opinon… Trolls..lol

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I hate the Fakers, Heat, and Meltics.
    I also hate everything baseball except the Indians.
    I hate the All other AFC west teams, Rats and their HC, anything from NY (jets and giants), and R Goodell.

• Marks hair

Oh, that was directed at DAs V.

• DMAC

Morning/afternoon peoples!

Go A’s!

• hwnrdr

I still think its funny how everyone expects LA to lay down and go away now…seriously…since 2000, 7 trips, 5 wins! Lakers will be back, everyone has there down years, but they will be back!

• hwnrdr

DMAC Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:53 am
    Morning/afternoon peoples!

Go A’s!

What’s up DMAC! 2-1 over Pujols Angels! Gotta love it!

• DEATHROW 55

Lakers should trade gasol for geremy Lynn.

• Silverandblack666

“Silverandblack666 Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:27 am
    “Heard What?! (lol)”

Heard the news about the BIRD?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What are you talking about?”

Oh Have you not heard…………..

• DMAC

I also hate everything baseball except the Indians.
    ==========

Your officially on a 3 day suspension O Dog. How can you not root for a green team in the A’s?

• JB

DMAC Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:53 am

Morning/afternoon peoples!

Go A’s!
    ***********************

Go where? San Jose, Fremont, Sacramento, ???

• hwnrdr

I don’t know about Gasol for Lin and I did hear he is no lock to return to NY, but…we do need a real point guard! Sessions was a stop gap!

• DMAC

hwnrdr Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:54 am

DMAC Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:53 am
    Morning/afternoon peoples!

Go A’s!

What’s up DMAC! 2-1 over Pujols Angels! Gotta love it!
    ========

Morning bro
    Nice!

• DMAC

JB Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:55 am

DMAC Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:53 am

Morning/afternoon peoples!

Go A’s!
    ***********************

Go where? San Jose, Fremont, Sacramento, ???
    =======

East Oakland, where they belong.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LMAO 666.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Good Morning my Green party member and brother from another mother.

• HGDaddy

in other football related news…

OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS
    The Raiders have signed QB Kyle Newhall-Caballero.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

We signed another QB?!
    Leinart and TP must not be playing well. lol

• Marks hair

Family guy, jeeze..

• R8ER MIKE

DMAC. good day Green Party Prez !!

• DMAC

HGDaddy Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 9:03 am

in other football related news…

OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS
    The Raiders have signed QB Kyle Newhall-Caballero.

============

I wonder if this guy is Latino? If so, I’m taking the “Mystic” approach. Start him now, he’s great.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LMAO DMAC.

• DennisAllensVisor

Marks hair Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 8:52 am
    Oh, that was directed at DAs V.

—-

If you think I insulted you then you must be 12..?

Or slightly feminine?

I dont make my business insulting people on blogs, pretty dumb stuff.

Sports debates is what im here for.

If we have had a debate before and your bitter about it days later, chances are I dont care. GET OVER IT.

• DennisAllensVisor

Cabellero means horse in spanish right??..

• DennisAllensVisor

oh, nevermind it means gentleman..

new post

• R8ER MIKE

lol .. the only spanish word i know is whisky !!!

• CJ Legend 34

As for McClain I hope he does turn his personal life around. “Cash” does not buy class, but “change” does. Ethical people do what’s right before they make the bank.

As far as on the field, not looking good. Ray Lewis had game before the big knife fight.

• dvrick

Thec Says:
    May 21st, 2012 at 10:54 am
    Out time.

In my sports world ony 1 NATION exist…THE SEAHAWK NATION!!!!!!!!!!!

• dvrick