Raiders live chat today at 11:30 a.m.

By Jon Becker
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012 at 9:28 am in Oakland Raiders.

• hwnrdr

I’m not a Warrior fan, and most people know who my loyalty is with, but in my opinion, it sucks that the W’s are heading back to SF! I think Lacob did a bad move!

lefty12 Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:11 am

Manny will probably activated on the 30th.The question will be who goes?It should be Barton,but Beane loves the guy so it will probably be Gomes.Hate to see that happen because Gomes has had some key hits.
    =============

BARTON!!!!!!!!!!

Should of been gone years ago!

• DennisAllensVisor

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:09 am
    Go Pacers!!

I agree.

***

darn you’s

O & DAV!

—-

Dude. There is NOTHING to cheer for in regards to the cHeat.

we don’t have cap room

***

@Kentucky

that can be resolved. get Branch a long term deal or restructure a few other contracts and WHAM! we’re under the cap again with money to spend

• hwnrdr

My hope that it will be Barton as well…there is only so much of that guy that anyone can take!

• Just Fire Baby

No way they can get rid of Gomes.

Best locker room presence on the roster, has some postseason AB’s.

Get rid of Nap Dynamite!!! You can find guys like him littered throughout your farm system.

Oakland > SF

What do people see in SF?

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:13 am

No way they can get rid of Gomes.

Best locker room presence on the roster, has some postseason AB’s.

=========

Nap Dynamite > Barton

• DennisAllensVisor

Once again RRS, that is my biggest concern right now.

Why hasnt Branch signed long term..

He’s holding up Bryant, Reece & the Draft picks..

• Just Fire Baby

What do people see in SF?

******************

A place more suited for the wife and kids.

I still would take Sheppard, over Weezy McFadden any day.

***

@DMAC

what about Jeremy Ware & John Bowie??

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:14 am

What do people see in SF?

******************

A place more suited for the wife and kids.
    ==========

Why?

• hwnrdr

Just like how the 9ers sell out because of big corps buying out tix and gives them to employees, it will be the same with The W’s, or they hope!

• DennisAllensVisor

DMAC Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:13 am
    Oakland > SF

What do people see in SF?

—-

G@y stuff… oh I mean “cultured”, “open-minded”..

RaiderRockstar Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:14 am

I still would take Sheppard, over Weezy McFadden any day.

***

@DMAC

what about Jeremy Ware & John Bowie??
    ========

I’d probably roll w/ Ware.
    What the hell happen to this kid?

• DutchRaider77

Q: Does Jason Tarver have good things to say about Spencer, they were together in San Francisco . . .

McKenzie: Yeah, he has good things, Johnnie Lynn, coached him, he knows him, has coached him, so that was just icing on the cake to me. Getting a guy like that, coming available, too, because he wasn’t a free agent at first, and then he was. Things like that pop up and you’ve got to be ready if you want to add ‘em. We were able to add two corners, and some O-line, that’s a positive.

• Al_is_theraiders

then we say we shouldve kept routt…

• Just Fire Baby

Why?

*******************************

Because more wife’s and kids go to Pier 32 than Hagenbeger Avenue.

• hwnrdr

Pier 39? Yeah but it is across the city!

• DennisAllensVisor

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:14 am
    What do people see in SF?

******************

A place more suited for the wife and kids.

—-

I for one, do not want my daughters anywhere around the blatant and exhaulted h0m0sxuality that is there.

• Just Fire Baby

*************************

Yup, I am sure corporate sponsorship will go through the roof with the move.

I like them in Oakland, but that is just for selfish purposes.

Financially, you got more opportunity in SF than the town. Doesn’t mean the opportunity will pan it, but is undebatable that it exists.

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:16 am

Why?

*******************************

Because more wife’s and kids go to Pier 32 than Hagenbeger Avenue.
    ===========

I guess.
    SF has more dumpier looking places than Oakland.
    Don’t get me started w/ all the bums!

• lefty12

DMac,the only problem with getting rid of Barton is it leaves us with no back-up at 1st,although I guess Donaldson could fill the roll in an emergency.

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:01 am

La Milicia Negra Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:00 am
    If we got the money, I would still trade a 5th for Mike Jenkins.. a CB, Rob Ryan doesnt want, is automatically a CB I like..

None of the CBs drafted for Ryans D’ is here anymore, I see that as a plus

—-

Intruiging.

What’s his contract look like?
    ________________________________________________________

Base salary 1.052.000
    Signing Bonus 620.000
    Cap Hit 1,672,000

I believe we would get him fro 1.052.000, because Dallas hangs on the signing bonus..

I know Reggie dont want to trade draft picks, but Mike Jenkins WANTS to get out of Dallas, so we might even be able to sign him to a new deal, with a cheap 2012 salary and incentives for future bonuses

• hwnrdr

You do have a point there, Lefty!

• DennisAllensVisor

lefty12 Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:19 am

—-

Seth Smith can play some 1B..

lefty12 Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:19 am

========

I thought I saw Rosales out here the other day.
    Schit, I’ll take him over Barton 2.

• hwnrdr

Good to see you, LMN!

Yeah forgot about Smith
    He sure can play there

• hwnrdr

When do the W’s leave? Not this coming year, right?

Why hasnt Branch signed long term..

He’s holding up Bryant, Reece & the Draft picks..

***

@DAV

according to my boy Bcz, only the top 51 contracts apply toward the cap until Week 1 of the regular season.

none of the rookies making peanuts would count if they were signed today. Bryant & Reece might count toward it, but we don’t know for sure. We might have more funds than you think? Reggie has cried “broke broke” before and then signed Wheeler & Tollefson.

hwnrdr Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:21 am

When do the W’s leave? Not this coming year, right?
    =======

I thought I heard 4 years

• DutchRaider77

When do the W’s leave? Not this coming year, right?

________________________________________________

Isn’t it 2016?

• lefty12

Seth Smith can play some 1B..
    ====================
    Has he played 1st before?if so,problem solved.

• hwnrdr

Thanks, just asking…but hey, who knows…I thought maybe AT&T park opened up into a basketball dome as well…lol, ok, just kidding

• Just Fire Baby

SF has more dumpier looking places than Oakland.
    Don’t get me started w/ all the bums!

*****************************

For the owners of a team, they went a surrounding area that will attract in some dollars.

Where the A’s/Warrior’s/Raider’s play does not attract anything but hardcore sports fans. That is cool and all, but you want to compete, you need family and sponsorship dollars.

• Just Fire Baby

Smith is best served off the bench.

He might be the best pinch-hitter in baseball.

• hwnrdr

Just Fire Baby Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:23 am
    SF has more dumpier looking places than Oakland.
    Don’t get me started w/ all the bums!

*****************************

You mean to tell me that the taco truck on Hegenberger doesn’t attract family?
    LOL

• lefty12

Dmac,when Inge comes back will Rosales be sent back down or Donaldson?I’m betting Donaldson because Rosales can play all the infield positions.

• M Lonetree

Kyle Newhall-Caballer is way too much effort.
    Just call the boy Chupacabra and be done with it.

Vegas,

There got to be some sort of concern about the freak. Dude’s confidence is shot right now and thats not good at all, but on the positive side the rest of the staff has been on point.

How about that blown call again the other day? Those idiots need to get there schit together and drop that little ego they all have.

• DutchRaider77

_________________________________________________

Right, they play tennis on grass? Why can’t you play basketball?

• DMAC

You mean to tell me that the taco truck on Hegenberger doesn’t attract family?
    LOL
    =========

Nice one
    lol

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LOL RR. Blame that deserter no good queen Janes.

lefty12 Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:24 am

========

Same guess here.
    W/ the addition of Rosales, Sogart might be sent down.

• lefty12

JFB,I’d rather see Smith in left than Crisp.Crisp can cover more ground,but he can’t throw and Smith is a much better hitter-he has some pop.

• DKnight007

Monte Poole hits the nail on the head again regarding Warriors move to SF:

• lefty12

Sogart was sent down yesterday.

lefty12 Says:
    May 22nd, 2012 at 11:29 am

Sogart was sent down yesterday.
    ========

Didn’t even know that.
    Donaldson will be sent down then, or maybe a pitcher.

• lefty12

We need to trade Crisp.i know that might not be a popular move,but we have too many outfielders-unless Smith can play 1st.