Wiz played rookie season with torn labrum

An impressive rookie season guard-turned-center Stefen Wisniewski has gotten even more impressive considering the circumstances.

Although Wisniewski played every game and didn’t turn up on an injury report for a shoulder injury, it turns out he was playing with a torn labrum incurred during training camp.

It’s all a bit mysterious, with Wisniewski a willing contributor. Asked which shoulder was injured, Wisniewski said, “I’ll leave it up to your imagination.’’

Following the season, Wisniewski had what coach Dennis Allen termed a “procedure,’’ although the surgery was major enough that he won’t line up at center and get any action until the Raiders report for training camp in Napa on July 29.

“It’s getting a little boring just standing around and watching,’’ Wisniewski said. “I’m getting a lot of mental reps, but I’ve got to get healthy first. It looks like I’ll be more than good to go by camp.’’

Wisniewski was originally drafted to play center, with the Raiders opting to move him to left guard in order to get Samson Satele on the field. He started at center in place of Satele in a Thursday night win over San Diego, and is looking forward to the position switch.

“It’s nice to kind of be the boss of the O-line in there, making calls,’’ Wisniewski said. “You get to be in charge, which is nice. It’s a good position. You’ve got to be athletic, you’ve got to be smart, you’ve got to be tough. I like it a lot.’’

Wisniewski feels the switch to a zone blocking system fits in with the skill set of the linemen.

“You’ve got to be able to move,’’ Wisniewski said. “If you look at our O-line, that’s one thing we can do across the board. We can move, we can run, we’re athletic. I think it’s going to work for us, especially with the speed we’ve got at running back.’’

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Seymour Bush

Raider O Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I used to go get worm inside the walk-in cooler. I moved to CA, and started selling cars in El Cajon. It go so hot in the summer, my shoes used to melt.
    That motivated me.
    ==============================

You used to get “worm inside the walk in cooler”? I don’t think any one on the blog wants to hear your life story, but that does explain a lot.

• theghostronin79

699.TxRaider210 Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:10 pm
    McFaddens_Sneakers Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:05 pm
    Our WR group has a lot of potential we dont need to add anymore. The clowns on TV will say that we need a veteran to show this youngstas the ropes but i doubt that Big Mac will sing one unless he really needs to. I just hope one of them emerges as a true #1 i really dont care who it is they all R A I D E R S.
    ————————-
    I think Criner will be the scoring threat in the red-zone and Moore from deeper. Criner could shake things up if we start getting TD’s and fewer FGs

====================================================
    679.theghostronin79 Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 2:45 pm
    Watch and see. I despised Criner because I am an Oregon fan, and he relentlessly torched us. Now that he’s on our side, the guy is going to wreak havok for our opposition. You think he’s just lighting it up on the “FEW” days that Corky gets to watch him practice. Now way man. This kid is delivering the goods day in, and day out. He is the reciever we been waiting for. Forget about the has-been BIG names that are out there. Criner will forge a name for HIMSELF, and the NATION as well…….just watch.

• eastoaklandraider

Hey Nation im back im not well known here yet but anyway im back. Can’t wait to see TP in action soon we have yet to see him he may be the next cam or the next jruss so im very intrigued

• Seymour Bush

Raider Ho,the guy giving you the “worm” in the cooler wasn’t named Sandusky by any chance was he?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I think Murphy had a case of the D-macs last year where he didn’t want to play for Jackson.
    ————————————
    Seymour Bush, where did you get that idea?

• Just Fire Baby

When I say he lost his edge, I’m more referring to his “Swagger” his confidence. He got in his own head. He even said he wondered if he could even play this game anymore, which tells you he doubts himself. Still like the kid though.

******************************

I can agree with that.

I will add that I think Murphy thought he might be a superstar after his rookie year, and after a few years now I think he realizes he is a #3 WR and not headed for any superstardom, and his play was effected.

I think he will get it back though, and I think he will be productive next year. I have more confidence in him than Jacoby.

• TxRaider210

A steal in the draft too, gotta luv it!

• Just Fire Baby

I think we can call that the Hues’ blues.

And I think half our lockerroom caught a bad case of it.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Thank you troll.
    Warm*

• Seymour Bush

KoolKell Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:15 pm

————————————
    Seymour Bush, where did you get that idea?
    ============================================

Darren McFadden ran one play, went into the locker room, RAN out of the locker room fully padded with his hat in his hand lloking to come back in and then did not see the field for the next 3 months. Broken bones heal in almost half that time. Something was wrong there. And Murphy’s effort seemed eerily similar.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Btw troll, you are not funny.

• eastoaklandraider

Let criner play a down first before you guys declare him the next rookie randy moss

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Just Fire Baby Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I think we can call that the Hues’ blues.

And I think half our lockerroom caught a bad case of it.
    ————————————-
    Steve & Jerry say the opposite. Did you have Locker room access last year?

• theghostronin79

706.Just Fire Baby Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:18 pm

******************************

I can agree with that.

============================================

You know, I hope he does get it back. He had me when he caught that blown coverage bomb from Jawalrus, late in the game against SD in the opener, and I pulled for that guy so bad. I wanted him to be great too. He’s a physical kid who plays with alot of emotion and I have to agree that he could outshine Ford as a reciever. I mean, to me Jacoby only really had one Awesome game, and that was against KC. His KR skills are un-matched on the team, but as a reciever, he leaves a bunch to be desired.

• Seymour Bush

Raider HO, judging by how gutless you are, you must’ve gotten the “worm” a lot when you were growing up huh?

• TxRaider210

Which of our draft pics will show up the biggest in pre-season?

• Seymour Bush

Steve & Jerry say the opposite. Did you have Locker room access last year?
    ==========================================

Did you hear of one player coming out defending Hue Jackson? Not really. Even Tom Cable had players defending him after his firing.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Seymour Bush Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:22 pm

—————————————
    And, that adds up to not wanting to play for Jackson?

• Seymour Bush

Raider O Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Btw troll, you are not funny.
    ======================================

You say that a lot. Humor is a sign of intelligence. Sorry you aren’t smart enough to get the joke.

• The Beeech Dawg

MC Oracle

I used to party in Newps with Rodman, got hella wasted at his pad with lots of fly hizzies

Pretty sure that’s where I got my first case of crabs, cousin of Carmen Elektra. Shouldn’t of gone bareback but we were hella horny after taking a few hits of E and watching Pluto Nash.

If Shaq Diesel comes out to rap on the new 2K4S jam I’ll invite Rod Dawg on the Reggae Party Boat

Probably need at least 6 boxes of Magnums and mad shrimp cocktails

• Seymour Bush

And, that adds up to not wanting to play for Jackson?
    ============================================

They didn’t want to play for someone. Believe me, the one real joy they get is playing in the games. It sucks to work so hard and not play. It’s like rehearsing in a band for a year and then in once the gig arrives someone else shows up and plays to the crowd. That would suck.

• The Oracle

2K4S…awwww that’s some fly stuff right there man…make the music with yo mouth Beech!

• theghostronin79

716.TxRaider210 Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    Which of our draft pics will show up the biggest in pre-season?

=========================

Criner, without a doubt……….Then perhaps Burris

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I find your humor childish, so I don’t think it’s funny.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Dmac is leading the NFL in rushing, having a career year, and all of a sudden he doesn’t want to play for Jackson?

Doesn’t make sense to me.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Raider O Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I find your humor childish, so I don’t think it’s funny.
    ——————————
    Yet you find Beechams humor hilarious? Nah.

• TxRaider210

@723 Agree with that, Burris should be leveling some QB’s I hope.

• theghostronin79

KK,

What doesn’t make sense is that they didn’t put DMAC on IR. What, just so Defenses had to account for him every week?

• Seymour Bush

KoolKell Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Doesn’t make sense to me.
    ====================================

Remember, that was four days after Jackson threw Campbell under the bus and got Palmer. We never saw Dmac and Palmer in the same backfield until last week.

• eastoaklandraider

If celtics win okc wins championship if mia wins mia win championship. C’s cant handle KD so they lose Lj can at least make KD look human. And lebron will not be stopped by anyone on okc and the same for wade.

• jesusraiderjim

662.The Oracle Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 2:08 pm
    Plax-Ocho-then TO would by my order of interest…

Co-sign

• Raidernationdave

After being around nasty, stinky, dirty a88 men you’d think the dude would go further in the closet, not come out!!!! I took a dump this morning that made me hate my own nasty a88!!!

++++++++++++++

Dakota Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Former NFL player comes out of the closet……I thought for sure it would be Dan Fouts.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

———————————-
    OKC beats them both.

• theghostronin79

Burris Blazing in from one side, Nasty from the other, and Wheeler dropping back some and blitzing others, they should be pretty Damned Dynamic.

• The Beeech Dawg

O Dawg,

Brah, if you keep beating down KrappyRat The Troll King, he’ll probably start posting his troll article again.

That’s when you KNOW you’ve got the old fool wrapped around your finger

Always a hella good time!

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis The Realist Dirty Raccoon

If we didn’t pick Wiz when we did, how long would he have lasted? Who would have picked him? When? Could we have traded down or used a later pick?

Raider on my brothers!

• theghostronin79

I got a feeling about this Ivey kid too. He could be a savage beast in the middle.

• TxRaider210

@734 I’m ready for these guys to put pads on. We need Curry to have a nice season too, I think Burris and Wheeler will impress.

• TxRaider210

@737 Running into Ivey would be like a smart car hitting a tanker imo

• theghostronin79

738.TxRaider210 Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

=======================================

Totally agree. I love the attitude Curry brings to our Defense. The way he hits people with malicious intent. Look in his eyes when he’s patrolling around……They are full of RAGE, and he brings the HAT Boy let me tell ya. We just need more consistency out of him.

• The Beeech Dawg

KoolKell Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

———————————-
    OKC beats them both.

———————

“I only talk Raiders”

- KrappyRat

• http://out-of-whack 909RaiderLifer

Hardest, dirtiest, and most dangerous job I ever had was, repairing/changing out tires on heavy duty earthmovers/mining equipment. (BIG yellow Caterpillars and such…..)

If you screwed up, you were most likely going to bypass the ER, and be taken straight to the morgue..

Fun times indeed…..

• theghostronin79

739.TxRaider210 Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:55 pm
    @737 Running into Ivey would be like a smart car hitting a tanker imo

===============================
    LMAO……Run left, or right…..but not up the middle.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Yeah, it looks like the Raiders should have a pretty deep D-Line rotation.

But, I have no feel at all about the Corners.

• jesusraiderjim

If you guys get a chance go on You tube and watch “even the troops are waking up”
    Good points and great speech, well worth the 4 1/2 minutes of your life it will take to watch it.
    Not trying to get all poliical but the guy makes some great points. IMO

• TxRaider210

Theghostronin79 Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:56 pm
    738.TxRaider210 Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

=======================================

————
    Curry is a beast if a RB is directly in his line of fire, dude is Fk’n massive too. You’re right though, consistency is key.

• jesusraiderjim

Good times eh?
    Working as a fire fighter around F-16′s and 14′s while they are powered up is a rush and a half too. do not stand directly in front or it’s all over.

• jesusraiderjim

Don’t accidentally hit the ejection handle either lol. ruin the day for sure

• Seymour Bush

Raider O Says:
    June 7th, 2012 at 3:07 pm

That motivated me.
    ====================================

After he got “wormed” in the cooler, Raider HO passed off Yugo’s as Mercedes to blind people.

• theghostronin79

Catch ya later Tx……..Gotta split.