Raiders lock up half their 2012 draft class

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, June 7th, 2012 at 8:48 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders signed defensive ends Jack Crawford and Christo Bilukidi and linebacker Nate Stupar on Thursday. That leaves only three of their 2012 draft class unsigned.
Crawford was the first of Oakland’s two fifth-round draft picks, Bilukidi its sixth-rounder and Stupar the only seventh-rounder. Third-round draftee Tony Bergstrom, fourth-rounder Miles Burris and Juron Criner, the other fifth-rounder, have yet to sign.
The Raiders won’t have any issue signing the remaining three draft picks.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

theghostronin79 Says:
    June 8th, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Yeah, Curry has the Blood Lust.

He’s gotta be a “See Football, Kill that man”

“See Quarterback, Kill Quarterback”

Guess he got too overwhelmed with the exotic schemes in Seattle, combined with the pressure of his draft status. Now he can just be a killer for us with one responsibility per down.
    ============================================

The Raiders are really hoping that Curry was lost in systems. Pete Carroll didn’t draft him, and Curry said he spent his time watching tape of Carroll’s Seattle defense, not the opponents offense. He said he had never done that before. Now again, that is a good thing to do before the season starts, but most film study you would think would be the opponent.
    Jackson brought him in here to wreck havoc and for the most part he did that. Now again, we have new coaches and a new scheme so it will be interesting to see where AC fits in all of this.

• Raidernationdave

Got that thing handled for tonight – trees will be flowin’ tonight fo sho!

Plus I’m takin’ out that skank I busted last week for round two….good times!

• theghostronin79

Once QB’s get a taste of Mr. Miles, They’ll see him lining up of the end, bouncing lightly on his knees with his fingers twitching…..and they’ll want to call an audible to Draw run up the middle…”F” dropping back in the pocket to that man.

• R8ER MIKE

lol ghost. ,kinda sounds like a line from the movie Tombstone!!

• TxRaider210

So what’s up with Turdlando’s case? If the verdict is upheld, when does he go in?

• Raidernationdave

I’m such an f up sometimes….

Got that thing handled for tonight – trees will be flowin’ tonight fo sho!

Plus I’m takin’ out that skank I busted last week for round two….good times!

+++++++++++++++++

R8ER MIKE Says:
    June 8th, 2012 at 3:29 pm

GOOD EVENING NATION!!
    and my Green Party brothers!!
    is the PMPP here yet???

Theghostronin79 Says:
    June 8th, 2012 at 4:03 pm
    ——————————-
    Gotta luv the intensity he brings, ability to shed blocks and not miss tackles!

• Raidernationdave

You mean like Turdlando?

++++++++++++++

TxRaider210 Says:
    June 8th, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Gotta luv the intensity he brings, ability to shed blocks and not miss tackles!

• R8ER MIKE

Congrats. Dave sounds like you are now ready for a Great Green weekend!

• Raidernationdave

Yeah now if I could get some of these units moved we be on top off da world mang!

Negative Dave, Turdlando has been locked on many a block.lol

• theghostronin79

@Tx, Absolutely man. Can’t wait to get a look at him come preseason.

R8ER Mike…..Tombstone is Bad A$$

Gotta run, later fellas

• R8ER MIKE

Tx..hows that new bird?
    give it a new name yet?

@Mike
    Looks like I’ll find out tonight if they bought ole bird..gotta run the names by the gf’s parents, as they don’t know jack about the Raiders.lol

• Just Fire Baby

I have zero confidence that Curry is going to be productive in our new, much more complicated defensive system.

He was at his best last year in the Al Davis simplistic system, and truth be told he wasn’t all that great then.

I don’t think he starts more than half the games this season, if that.

• TxRaider210

But if the poor bird is stuck with his last name, I may be forced to color him Silver n Black…make him feel like a man again.lol

• Just Fire Baby

Curry might carve a niche as a short-yardage, goalline situation.

But I think this will be a mostly 4-3 team this year, with Rolando, Wheeler and Burris your 3 starters, and Curry, Goethel and some others picking up the scraps.

• Just Fire Baby

I believe Burris will be our best draft pick, Wheeler will be our best FA pickup, and Rolando will be our most improved player this next year.

Not sure where Curry fits in with all of that, but we shall see.

• TxRaider210

@467 You could be right, but nice to see competition at the spot. Pre-season is too far away

• Just Fire Baby

Curry kind of got under my skin with his big celebrations after meaningless tackles. Kind of reminded me of the Thomas Howard days.

The best one was in the Lions game, where the RB ran for 2 or 3 yards and got a first down, and both he and Curry (the tackler) both jumped up and celebrated at the same time, lol.

• Plunketthead

USA Raiders 5
    Tiny Island starring sideshow bob 1

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Just Fire Baby Says:
    June 8th, 2012 at 4:12 pm

=======================================

I would disagree. I think Curry played well all things considered. Wimbley really was limited and McClain didn’t play that well. Wimbley is gone, and while the coaching staff is talking up McClain, they are clearly looking at other options.

• Just Fire Baby

I’ll take Rolando’s simple salute, Seymour’s casual “X” or D-Moore’s smooth watch-tapping over Curry’s over-the-top enthusiasm, Ty Branch’s Chi-Chi Rodriguez thing, or Lamarr Houston’s Hulk Hogan celebration.

Just Fire Baby Says:
    June 8th, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Not sure where Curry fits in with all of that, but we shall see.
    ———————–
    That’s how I look at it, I’m hoping for results on defense ASAP

**************************

Really?

We brought in 2 outside LB’s and that’s it. One’s way too old to play MLB, the other is way too young.

We basically have no 2nd option behind Rolando.

• Just Fire Baby

Wonder what the defensive staff will show in the preseason.

While of course you don’t want to show too much in the preseason, but this team needs a lot of practice in it’s schemes.

Don’t want to be learning on the fly week 1 against Philisha, or he might toss for 450 yards on us.

• Plunketthead

The big games are tomorrow

Danish Pastry at Little Dutch Boys

and
    Once mighty Portugal at Europes Uber Rulers

• Plunketthead

We look like a bunch of convicts especially Bradley

Just Fire Baby Says:
    June 8th, 2012 at 4:27 pm
    Wonder what the defensive staff will show in the preseason.

———————————
    I’d expect for whatever they go with, it should make them better without Tarver and DA. I wouldn’t hope our DB’s don’t get penalized like Routt was doing last year.

• Just Fire Baby

Soccer Ambassador holding it down!!!

• Plunketthead

Fire baby Does the NFL package include preseason games this year?
    It will be real interesting for a change

Sorry man I’m out of it, with Tarver and DA!lol

No preseason games.

Bunch of grade-A jerks for that, if you ask me.

The Semi’s though, always do a good job of providing bootleg links in here.

• Just Fire Baby

Tarver and DA will be great, IMO, but there HAS TO be a little learning curve.

We better be ready to hang 35 points on a team if need be, because we may need be the first month of the season.

I think if Knapp is aggressive, we can hang 35, with few turn-overs.imo

• Plunketthead

I may just bootleg the whole season
    Break free from the one eyed hypnotist all together
    One less bill to feed to the beast

@486 Amen to that

• Just Fire Baby

I can handle the preseason games on some grainy video that freezes occasionally, but I can’t handle that during the real season.

The package is essential, IMO. I get the baseball and football every year, and sometimes the basketball season after the All-star break, but not every year.

• TxRaider210

JFB, Yeah it stinks when it buffers when the QB drops back to pass..everytime!lol

• Just Fire Baby

Also get the Sports Package on XM for the ride.

Can’t be driving 4 hours in the middle of rural New Mexico with literally 2 AM stations, both in Spanish.

This past season, I would listen to 76ers games because their play-by-play (Tom McGinnis) was so awesome.

****************************

Then you can’t blog on here, because you are 5 minutes behind by the 3rd quarter.

At least that first preseason game will be on MNF.

• TxRaider210

@490 Yep for sure. Had the XM back when I repo’d furniture, for the drives. Very much worth the $$

• TxRaider210

LOL Most of the games I do watch are at a bar that has the game, but for one’s that aren’t and free PPV yessir!

• DutchRaider77

**************************

Really?

We basically have no 2nd option behind Rolando.
    ____________________________________________________

How about Goethel, aka Ricky “Made of Glass” Brown 2.0?

• Just Fire Baby

So you went to UTEP huh?

They are really doing a lot with the campus. My bosses nephew starts on the hoops team last year as a true freshman.

Can’t miss him, he is the only pasty guy from South Dakota that can’t shoot and just bangs into people all game.

• Just Fire Baby

How about Goethel, aka Ricky “Made of Glass” Brown 2.0?

*********************

A few weeks of Goethel in the middle, will make Rolando look like Pat Willis.

Bryce Harper = beast

Dude amazes me on the daily. Just absolutely ripped a double in Fenway.

• TxRaider210

Didn’t go to UTEP, but to tail-gate a few times, but lived there for 20 yrs. LOL @ pasty dude

• Just Fire Baby

Did you ever go down to the Lampliter?

Yeah, me neither…..(lol)