Raiders sign LB Burris, add another OL

The Raiders signed linebacker Miles Burris on Friday, one day after they locked up three other draft picks to long-term contracts.
Burris joins defensive linemen Jack Crawford and Christo Bilukidi and linebacker Nathan Stupar as drafted players who have signed contracts. Offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom and wide receiver Juron Criner remain unsigned.
In other news, the Raiders signed guard Nick Howell and waived fullback TreShawn Robinson. Howell has spent time with the 49ers, Tennessee Titans and New Orleans Saints, though he has yet to play in a regular-season game.

Steve Corkran

• theghostronin79

Sounds about right.lol Do we have any clue as to when Nike will start expanding the jersey line-up?

=========================================

I wish I knew. I “Figured” it would be once guys started signing contracts and what-not. Now I’m thinking it might come once training camp starts, just before preseason; tryin to get everyone riled up.

• TxRaider210

Theghostronin79 Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 1:19 pm
    When’s the mini camp? I think cork’s gonna be there Thursday. Not sure though.
    —————
    Not sure, I think most start tomorrow.

Yeah to let him go for TJ, of all receivers, was very dumb. Tj’s better days were far behind him imo.

***

@Tx

I’ll be honest. I wanted the Raiders to sign a vet WR like Owens or Housh before training camp, but we signed Hagan instead. Al Davis loved him even though he didn’t have “Raider speed” and the move came with little fanfare. Everybody thought he’d be a camp body. He proceeded to blow us away in OTA’s , camp and then preseason. He earned a spot on the 53. Then we all called him our vet WR because he was showing great leadership. He was helping out the youngsters, making plays, preaching about film study instead of video games, etc. Then Hue Jackson benched him stating the reason was due to him being injured. Hagan quickly rebuffed that and as soon as he did, dropped even deeper into Hue’s doghouse. Jackson dumped him at the earliest opportunity. We all know that Al Davis was right.

• TxRaider210

Theghostronin79 Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

=========================================

———————————–
    Yeah who knows. I guess I’ll wait since it’ll be so hot here this summer anyhow for jerseys.

• TxRaider210

Yea Hue made a few poor decisions, and some good ones. I don’t think DA and Reggie will let guys go who can obviously handle their roles.

• theghostronin79

@Tx…
    Just guessing but, by your screen name, I’m thinkin’ you’re in Texas.

• theghostronin79

You know what’s crazy? I’ve been reading this blog religiously for the last 4 years….I only started posting comments here last week. Now I can’t stop.

• TxRaider210

@756 Yep San Antonio..probably about 103 outside right now.lol

• Violent Hands

Murphy hears foot steps

• theghostronin79

That’s funny, I’ve been to Dallas a few times / Texas State Fair…Been to Austin, Spent time in Harligen.

The thing that I remember most about my time in texas….

THE HEAT….OMG

Hue made a few poor decisions, and some good ones.

***

@Tx

only time will tell if Hue Jackson made a good trade to get Carson Palmer. 5 years from now we’ll know what players in the 2012 & 2013 we could have gotten instead. We’ll also know what Palmer was able to produce for us. Last year when Campbell went down we would have had to rely on the trio of Boller, Pryor and probably Jordan La Secla [re-signed] which ultimately would have landed us a high draft pick this year and we would have probably re-signed Jason Campbell. Perhaps went after Peyton Manning or Matt Flynn this offseason. JC was playing well before he got hurt. Flynn is still a huge question mark. Manning’s health is unknown.

I like Carson Palmer & Aaron Curry. I think both will pay HUGE dividends this season

• TxRaider210

MJD may hold out for money? Any chance they pay him more, even if he has 2 yrs left to go under current contract?

• TxRaider210

Agreed RR, I like those guys also and hope they impress.

NFL News

Giants sign Rocky Bernard, waive Jake Ballard

Cards re-signed Vonnie Holliday & Clark Haggans

Dolphins confirm they worked out Chad Ochocinco

League officially suspends WR Jerome Simpson three games

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

KoolKell Says:
    June 9th, 2012 at 12:06 pm
    Raider O Says:
    June 9th, 2012 at 11:03 am
    Plunk,

Abortion is a big business, and it generates a lot of revenue (taxes).
    ————————–
    Bullschit
    $$$$$$$$$$$

Ohioraider Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 12:48 pm
    Raider O Says:
    June 9th, 2012 at 11:03 am

Plunk,

Abortion is a big business, and it generates a lot of revenue (taxes).
    ——————————
    Bullschit.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    LOL
    You People need to improve your communication skills.

Two Raiders in Charity Golf Tourney

Written by Alameda Sun

Oakland Raiders kicker Sebastian Janikowski and punter Shane Lechler along with team executives will host a charity golf tounament at Callippe Preserve Golf Course in Pleasanton Sept. 16th to benefit the Oakland Raiders’ Courage House, Fred Finch Youth Center.

Founded in 1891, the Fred Finch Youth Center provides programs for emotionally challenged youth and their families. Support from the Oakland Raiders and the event helps the center continue offering education, therapy and a safe haven for more than 1,200 children and teens in need.

Advance tickets are required. For more information call David Hartmire at …

***

since Shane Lechler is now unemployed & pennyless [per Raider O's request] he will no longer be able to host the charity golf tounament for emotionally challenged youth and their families. All education & therapy for the 1200+ children will be cancelled immediately. Thank you.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Dolphins confirm they worked out Chad Ochocinco
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Dolphins are a mess.

• The Beeech Dawg

O Diggity, I smoked hella kind bud this weekend, ate 19 crunchy Dorito tacos and took a steamy dump in this stripper’s Gucci purse

It was actually spelled “Guchee” so I didn’t feel that bad

Yo, already faded on margs, less than 3 hours till face off. Check out this verse for WE WANT THE CUP, guaranteed to get your weiner pumped up:

Hittin’ the stage with 2 Kewl 4 Skool
    Droppin’ fresh rhymes, making the girls drool
    Got the Devils in the house, you know whuts up
    So drop a smelly turd and shout WE WANT THE CUP

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Beeech,

LOL
    You did her a favor.
    We Want The Cup!!!
    Go Kings!!!

• raidertalk

Do people know if Wheeler or Curry is the better pass-rusher?
    I wonder who would be the SOLB?

• Marks hair

Our best 2 wrs had under 100 catches combined last yr.. How are we stacked? Counting chickens before they hatch??

• Silverandblack666

“Do people know if Wheeler or Curry is the better pass-rusher?
    I wonder who would be the SOLB?”

When the play is in front of Curry he does very well but when he has to turn and defend a pass he gets lost adn can take bad angles.

Wheeler can do both well in fact I would say he is an upgrade over Wimbly. Look for Wheeler to be our most talked about ass kicking LB next year!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I think D Moore and DHB are both hatched. Juron Criner, not hatched.

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder

Tommy Chong 74 yrs old of Cheech and Chong diagnosed with prostrate cancer stage one. Said he’s had symtoms for 8 years. Quit smoking pot last year but does hemp oil nightly so he does not feel woozy. Just when he could get a medical pot card. LMFAO

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

ohioraider Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Raider O Says:
    June 9th, 2012 at 11:03 am

Plunk,

Abortion is a big business, and it generates a lot of revenue (taxes).
    ——————————
    Bullschit.
    ================================

Almost all of what Raider HO says is bullschit

• R8ER MIKE

Good evening PMPP and all my Green Party brothers!!!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Raiders had the #9 ranked offense. Houston was ranked #13.

• The Beeech Dawg

PM PARTY PATROL IN FULL EFFECT

R8 in the hizzy, spark that doobie, homie

Yo, gettin’ my swerve on for the Kings tonight, although almost burned by weiner off in the bathroom

Sparked a serious bowl and dropped a hot ember on my pubes. Thought it was a sudden case of The Clap until I saw the smoke

Dumped a Slurpee on it, but gonna have to be careful with the styling gel this week, wizzle

• theghostronin79

771.Marks hair Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 3:07 pm
    Our best 2 wrs had under 100 catches combined last yr.. How are we stacked?
    =================================

Well the Raiders ARE a Run first team anyway. DHB found a way to contribute as a catch and run, physical (Yard after Catch) guy; should continue.

D.Mo flashed as a Deep threat and good bubble screen option who should theoretically be better in his second year.

Juron Criner I watched play in college cause he was in my conference and always terrorized my Ducks; he’s been lighting it up in OTA, and don’t worry, it will carry through camp and translate to the field. I forsee him becoming our #1 reciever by years end.

Jacoby Ford has also flashed as a “spectacular catch” guy with speed to burn.

Now with just that, I’d say it isn’t a proven “Stack” but, the potential is there to say so. Below that we’ve got Murphy and some promising UD and FA’s that will battle for a spot. I feel very excited about our receiving corps which I haven’t felt in a very long time.

• RAIDERMAN99

Anyone know why the Raids let Rock Cartwright walk ?

Don’t believe it was for salary reasons.

Rock wasn’t a great talent but seemed to be a hard nosed, versatile, effort sort of guy – and a good special teams player.

Seemed like a high character guy that laid it all on the line for the team.

Kind of surprised RM seemingly had no interest in keeping the Rock around.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Anyone know why the Raids let Rock Cartwright walk ?
    ==============================================

Losing Mike Bush in FA meant we needed to upgrade the remaining RB position. We needed someone who not only would be the backup but also play Special Teams as well. What you say is completely correct, and Rock was a good special teamer, but not really a fit for the #2 or #3 running back position especially with McFadden not able to prove he can deliver an entire season. Hence the additions of Goodson, Schmitt, and Lonyae Miller.

• R8ER MIKE

??? thought Rock was a free agent???

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

KoolKell Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Raiders had the #9 ranked offense. Houston was ranked #13.
    ========================================

Remember that Matt Schaub played just slightly more than half the season. Matt Leinert took one snap, fell down and didn’t come back and the rest of the season was put in the hands of an unproven 5th round rookie. Not bad considering.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

R8ER MIKE Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 4:06 pm

??? thought Rock was a free agent???
    ===========================

He was.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

The Raiders and Texans both averaged 4.5 yds a pop.

• Marks hair

779. I agree with you.. Excitment yes. Up and comming yes..
    Im only arguing that we arent stacked at wr. Ive read someone say they would take our wide receivers over and the other teams.. We’re not jedi yet.

• DJ Johnny

786.Marks hair Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 4:25 pm
    779. I agree with you.. Excitment yes. Up and comming yes..

Seeing as it’s the Raiders, shouldn’t we be more Sith than Jedi?

• R8ER MIKE

lol DJ! very true indeed sir!

• Raiders for life

I hope that Ted Gilmore can get these WR’s to the next level. On paper he is an upgrade over Sanjay.

• Marks hair

Truth

• TxRaider210

Remember DA was a DB also, I see him helping out Ted a lot.

• No Mas Diamante

The WR corps shows a lot of promise. And even though they have shown flashes here and there, they remain largely unproven. Durability has been a concern. If they’re not suited up then they’re not helping you win ball games. Hoping the new conditiong coach and program gets and keeps these guys healthy and strong. If that happens then they have the potential to be great group.

• TxRaider210

I hope Seymour keeps his temper in check against Pitt, after the last run in with Ben.lol I want zero personal fouls from Sey jmo

• eastoaklandraider

Imo our WR corp will rival GB they are loaded at the WR as well

• TxRaider210

@794 Agreed, if they stay healthy.

• Raiders for life

One thing that I like about DHB last season…He got his bell rung, strapped to a cart and rolled off the field. I thought for sure he would pull a Johnny Lee.
    Nope, he was at practice the following Wednesday.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Lets see how that works out for you. I predict 3 meltdowns from Seymour and then DA will bench him.
    ______

TxRaider210 Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 4:49 pm

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

MistaBrown Says:
    June 11th, 2012 at 6:06 pm

=========================================

That would still be less meltdowns than you have monthly on this blog. And then there are your legendary Chernobyl’s…..

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Peymour are you trolling my posts again?

Go ahead and tell us how we should ignore the trolls, again!

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Whatcha think Clown? How are your Cleveland Browns going to do THIS year? They going to be a “thorn in that division again”? For the first time since 1956?