1,099

Huff looking forward to playing in a ‘real defense’

Free safety Michael Huff seems to have a little extra pep in his steps these days. He’s healthy again, he’s around his teammates and he finally gets a chance to play in a defensive scheme that highlights his abilities.
Huff is of the belief that the Raiders defense was too predictable in his first six NFL seasons and that late owner Al Davis’ heavy hand on the defensive philosophy and scheme limited the players’ ability to perform at peak level.
“We’re just looking forward to playing for a defensive head coach, getting to play a real defense,” Huff said in reference to defensive-minded head coach Dennis Allen. “So, I’m definitely looking forward to that this year.”
When pressed on what he meant by “a real defense,” Huff didn’t mince his words.
“Nothing personal but, obviously, before with Al (Davis), rest in peace, he had his hands in all the defense,” Huff said. “He had all his little things he liked to do. Now with D.A. out there, we got all kinds of blitzes, we got 3-4, 4-3 fronts, just a lot of different variety and a lot of different things going on. So, I’m going to love it.”
Huff’s role in the defense figures to be wide-reaching, with more blitzing, playing more cornerback and taking on a role similar to that of Green Bay Packers cornerback Charles Woodson.
“That’s what it seems like, just a lot of variety and doing it all,” Huff said. “You never know where he’s going to line up at. He’s just out there making plays. Hopefully I’ll kind of emulate him and play like him.”
Huff said the Raiders defense was too predictable in the past. Now, opposing offenses are going to be forced to figure out what he and his teammates are doing from play to play.
Accomplishing this goal entails mixing up defensive fronts, well-disguised blitzes and a varied scheme. Allen has said in the past that he wants his defense to be “multiple.”
“Everybody knew,” Huff said. “I’m in the middle of the field, I’m in the post, we’re pretty much man-to-man on the outside, it was pretty simple. We really didn’t blitz much. We let our front four get after them. That’s how it was, so we dealt with it.”

Terrelle Pryor has spent most of the past 11 months or so learning what he can from the likes of Carson Palmer, Jason Campbell, Kyle Boller and Matt Leinart, as well as numerous Raiders coaches.
In his quest to absorb even more insight into the nuances of succeeding at quarterback in the NFL, Pryor reached out to former Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon.
“We’re talking in contact with Rich Gannon and we’re going to get together with him,” Pryor said. “We’ll create something that has to do with going by Knapp (Greg, offensive coordinator) and coach Flip’s (John DeFilippo, quarterbacks coach) scheme. Obviously I’m going to take the playbook and grab a couple of receivers, maybe some younger high school guys, maybe some NFL guys and just run the script that I have and have them run the same routes and go through my reads.
“Can’t get that enough. Like I said I don’t take a lot of reps so I have to rep it by myself even if it has to be with a ghost to do my footsteps that’s what I’ll have to do. I’ll get better. I’ll be working hard.”
Raiders coach Dennis Allen said Pryor is making consistent progress in his first full offseason. Pryor arrived via the supplemental draft in late August last year and spent most of his time catching up.
“He’s made progress,” Allen said. “Still a long way away, but he’s made significant progress and the thing that I’ve liked about him has been his demeanor and the way he’s been willing to work and get better. As long as he does that, he’s got enough athletic talent that eventually he’s going to become a player.”

Defensive tackle Travis Ivey suffered a concussion while lifting weights the other day, Allen said. Ivey got hit in the head by a weight bar. Ivey’s injury isn’t serious, according to Allen.
Linebacker Aaron Curry’s knees are bothering him, Allen said, so he was held out of practice Wednesday as a “precautionary” measure.
Wide reciever Denarius Moore spent the day watching practice from the sideline, while recovering from the right hamstring injury he suffered Tuesday.
Allen said that Moore will be fine and ready to roll by the start of training camp in Napa on July 29.

Middle linebacker Rolando McClain recorded an interception of a Palmer pass late in practice. Those are the kinds of plays Allen is counting upon from McClain in his third season.
McClain declined an interview request after practice.

Allen remains convinced that running back Darren McFadden is nothing short of 100 percent and ready to pick up where he left off last season before a foot injury ended his season after only seven games.
“He looks extremely good to me,” Allen said. “He looks fast. He looks explosive. He knows what to do. He knows how to do it. And as we all know the key is, can we keep this guy healthy? And if we can, I would expect him to have a good year.”
McFadden has looked sharp at practice since he returned in early May. There aren’t any lingering signs of the foot injury that forced him to miss most of the final 10 games, and he is doing everything one would expect from an elite back.
“I feel better and better every day, it seems,” McFadden said. “A lot of my soreness is gone. I don’t really get sore after one hard practice to the next. So that’s the good thing for me; it’s a good sign that I can go out there two or three days back-to-back and keep going.”
More important, McFadden said, he won’t enter training camp with any concern about his durability or status.
“It’s great to be able to do it because, coming back from an injury like that, a lot of it probably plays on your mind,” McFadden said. “You’re wondering if you can do the things that you did at first. Just being out here and running around, I see that I can do those things full speed, so I don’t think it will be a problem for me.”

With Moore sidelined most of the past two days, rookie Rod Streater received increased playing time in practice. Call it a reward for a job well done to this point, Allen said.
“He’s earned the right to get the reps,” Allen said. “He’s done a nice job. He’s a young guy. He’s continuing to improve but he’s obviously caught our eye enough to think he’s earned the right to get a couple of first-team reps.”
When asked for a scouting report, here’s what Allen said of Streater:
“He’s caught the ball extremely well, he’s run very good routes, he knows how to get open and he has been explosive as a receiver,” Allen said. “Again, he’s still a young guy, he’s still learning, he’s still making those rookie mistakes. But from an athletic standpoint, from a skill set standpoint, he’s really impressive.”

Steve Corkran

• DMAC

I gotta bounce.
    Ya’ll players be safe.
    Peace!

• Silverandblack666

“That’s a lie…whole blog seen my humor……on countless occassions as I roast you, the president of the V-card foundation, on the constant…been doing so for years”

B@uce is funny!

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:49 pm
    Yo Blog Brahs

Just popped an EPIC Beeech Diggity-style boner at Islands, almost passed out twice

Must be the lethal combination of a banana daiquiri and a Kona Pie that gave me the girth of John Holmes and the length of your average Clydesdale

Hit the waitress in both eyes before she quit and yelled something about moving back to Sweden

Yo, Beeech Diggity needs an ice pack, holla

**********************

H to da O to da M back to the O…Btch Poodle is gay

• mack-madden

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:45 pm
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:44 pm
    Who was the dude from Oakland that dunked over cars and J Kidd said was the best player ever from Oakland?

I think he ended up in the pokey, but I am sure you guys know massively more about him than me.
    ——
    That was Brien Dixon.

$$$$$$$$$$

ROFL
    good one.

it was Demtrius “hook” Mitchell.

from lower bottoms

1050.hwnrdr Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:51 pm
    Sure you can, B! That 2 bottles of clear that you left at our tailgate after it was done! LOL

****************

hahaha ouch

1055.mack-madden Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:45 pm
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

——
    That was Brien Dixon.

$$$$$$$$$$

ROFL
    good one.

it was Demtrius “hook” Mitchell.

from lower bottoms

******************

The LBs at those times was mainy bruh…really what we see in the West now is a cakewalk

1053.Silverandblack666 Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:58 pm

B@uce is funny!

************

Yes I think I know what you are saying

• Just Fire Baby

Jezus get Zito out of here.

The pen has to be fresh after these last two games.

Pretty obvious within about 20 pitches if Zito is going to be happening that day or not.

• Silverandblack666
  • mack-madden

Back then was super cut throat.

snitches get stiches or get dug up in ditches.

if you told, they shot you, your house, your parents, kids whoever.

dead bodies in dumpsters.

police didnt care because they called it street justice and felt the comunity was doing the job for them,

• Intrepid

1100 posts? Wanna bet Cork and JerMac are gonna slam us with 5 or 6 posts in the next 3 or 4 hours? Then, nothing for a week?

• mack-madden

now a days its white people jogging, walking their dogs with no harassment.

but when i walk to the store i still gotta duck and dodge.

for some reason white people get a pass in the west.

asians blacks and latinos get stalked while white people get to mind their own business

• hwnrdr

1055.Method To My Madness Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    1050.hwnrdr Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

****************

hahaha ouch

Was that the last time you busted out the clear?

• mack-madden

barry zito, still my fav pitcher.

will always root for that guy

• Silverandblack666

JFB

FOREX broker (Oanda) is not accepting any trades this weekend because of the Greek election.

They say it will cause too much volatility.

• Just Fire Baby

666,

Going to the buffet at the casino, will check in later

• mack-madden

ok fellas

im gone.

yall be safe

1063.mack-madden Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 2:09 pm
    now a days its white people jogging, walking their dogs with no harassment.

but when i walk to the store i still gotta duck and dodge.

for some reason white people get a pass in the west.

*******************

but as pac said…”they say the white man i should fear but its my own kind doing all the killing here”

1064.hwnrdr Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 2:10 pm
    1055.Method To My Madness Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    1050.hwnrdr Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

****************

hahaha ouch

Was that the last time you busted out the clear?

******************

when they lost that KC game….that was it for them fkers for 2011…ill bring it back this season on mnf

• theghostronin79

1061.Intrepid Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

=============

Try “Nothing” for about SIX weeks……From Now until training camp, it’s the Bog of eternal Stentch. Players on vacation, ESPN making up CRAP just so they can talk about stuff. The NFL dies next week.

1062.Intrepid Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

********************

if that

• hwnrdr

I hear ya!

1073.hwnrdr Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I hear ya!

*************

you remember what i said before game…..energy was lame and crowd sucked…and they sucked the donko game….but blow was softened as i did score on vegas baby that night!

• Method To My Madness

Heat vs OKC tonight…who ya got?….I got OKC 112 to 104…durant with 28 westbrook 25 and harden 21

• MikieG

Everybody said:
    “When Al Davis dies, the Raiders will become good again..”

“It’s going to take Al Davis dying, to make the Raiders relevant again”

Well, I guess we are going to find out, and from what it sounds like, EVERYBODY was thinking it, even the players…

Now if we can just cobble together some semblance of a competent back 7, we should be in really good shape.

• The Beeech Dawg

Man, I forgot how awesome life on the blog is when you have Brian the Genital to slap around!

After Cousin the Genital tanked the Tournament, Brian went into hiding in KrappyRat’s basement for months

The Beeech Diggity was still macking major babes, gettin’ hella high and launching successfully music and comedy projects

But now with the PM Party Patrol in full effect (wizzle), it’s like the completion of the Dawg Circle of Light

Sorry Blog Homies, just took a hella huge bong rip and pressed play on my Director’s Cut of Forrest Gump

GETTING FADED WITH PM DAWN

mikie…you forgot front 4

• theghostronin79

Gonna have my thumb planted right up my Arse for awhile, just pacing and waiting for camp to start and preseason…….BOOO

1077.The Beeech Dawg Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 2:25 pm

GETTING FADED WITH PM DAWN

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Everyone knows thats a lie cuz i came on right after game and came in april, may and now june…so for months angle is a lie Btch Poodle

You couldnt slap Kim Kardashian’s ass let alone try and slap me in any light….you coward that wont show up as promised in 2011

Notice he know says babes after being corrected on “bizzies”………lol B auce only gives ya enuff rope to hang yourself…..Btch Poodle is getting crushed….again

GETTING FADED WITH PM DAWN

****************
    I bet you play “I’d Die Without You” in dedication to your man-girl lover

***

@ROG

I got it like this

Miami 101
    OKC 94

James 40
    Wade 25
    Bosh 18

• The Beeech Dawg

Genital, you’re still obviously bent out of shape that I have the Forrest Gump Director’s Cut and you don’t

It’s probably less than $20 on Amazon, I’m sure you don’t have the jack but KrappyRat might lend it to you

Then you’ll owe grandpappy BIG for also letting you hide out in his basement after Cuzzo flamed out in the first round

Totally brutal, dude!

Speaking of my solo rap album Wrecks N Effect, I’ll be doing VIP club shows this Summer, tune into Entertainment Tonight all week for the 411

WIGGITY

Miami 101
    OKC 94

James 40
    Wade 25
    Bosh 18

Durant 36
    Westbrook 27
    Harden 12

• Silverandblack666

My favorite song by Tupac

“where have all the cowboys gone” ??

1083.The Beeech Dawg Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Totally brutal, dude!

WIGGITY

****************************

Wrecks N Effect= already a group in the 90s…pitiful btch poodle

My cousin plays top level d1 basketball and is on tv all the time and won awards last year……ncaa tourney always has upsets…even the greats lose in infamy…oh well his career is nowhere near over…mike does fly schit…lambs hella bzies and gets interviewed by media all the time…..what will you be doing? or what have you ever done? You will still be posting garbage while im in the Bahamas in november watching him play this year in Battle of Atlantis tourney

• Silverandblack666

RR

Not familiar with that one…

1086.RaiderRockstar Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 2:50 pm
    My favorite song by Tupac

“where have all the cowboys gone” ??

****************
    lmao im dying

@silver

didn’t Tupac do that one “Tubthumping” ??

My favorite Tupac song is obvious…..World Wide Dyme Piece

• Silverandblack666

As a musician I have learned a lot from Tupac and Wyclen Jean.

I am not a big fan of hip hop or rap but man those are 2 talented musician/songwriters that I have learned a ton about music from.

• Silverandblack666

“@silver

didn’t Tupac do that one “Tubthumping” ??”

Not that I am aware of….are you being funny?

• The Beeech Dawg

Brian the Genital, you’re just going to ride Cousin’s coat tails all the way to the Bahamas, huh

That’s cool, at least you can admit it. You should get a jersey that say’s “Cousin’s Cousin”, you know, so you can get a few of his table scraps

Like Lebron’s mom, wizzle

Bro make sure you stick close to the back of his sneakers, Cousin the Genital will probably wise up soon

Had to cut my hanger-ons off after I teamed up with the Certified Platinum Posse, just playin’ the ballers game, word

• TxRaider210

Silverandblack666 Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 3:00 pm
    As a musician I have learned a lot from Tupac and Wyclen Jean.

————————-
    Couldn’t agree more!

1094.The Beeech Dawg Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Like Lebron’s mom, wizzle

**************************

Going to see him play is riding his coat tails? HAHAHA Btch Poodle you are getting smacked so bad you resort to pathetic attempts of humor

As I’ve said on here before you your secret lover AlbertaMR…i dont want nada from Mike unless its front row courtside seats at the games…you seem upset I got a family member doing well in that world….go on his twitter and see what he says about hig big cuzzo B auce…it will shut all your hating BS….again what is anyone in your family doing in sports? What fat slob losers do you have in the Beecher clan doing schit?

**********************

I’ll wear the jersey at Staples Center, get chose as usual, and take the LA bzies back to the telly to do the Mattress Mamba….who knows he may get drafted by Lakers…then you will surely kissing ass but noe smooching round here….us Dixon folks dont like tranny lovers

• The Beeech Dawg

Genital, you gotta check out the picture Chris Brown tweeted of his sliced chin!

Guess someone in Drake’s crew threw some Moet Chandon at him in the VIP section

Dude, if someone throws a bottle at Cousin The Genital you’re going to have to take one to the chin!

Don’t know how you’re going to scramble his eggs just right in the morning with that injury

1084.RaiderRockstar Says:
    June 14th, 2012 at 2:41 pm
    Miami 101
    OKC 94

James 40
    Wade 25
    Bosh 18

Durant 36
    Westbrook 27
    Harden 12

******************

I can see that happening…I see 7 game series….I got OKC because of Durant, better depth, more athleticism and more ammo under neath the basket….wouldnt be surprised if Lebron hulks up and finally gets one

• http://demitassechicago.com Albert Bigelow Paine

.go on his twitter and see what he says about hig big cuzzo B auce
    ———–
    Brien, I though you didn’t do twitter. I checked out your cousin’s page. I don’t see any mention of you.