Report: Raiders interested in RB Cedric Benson

By Jon Becker
Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 at 3:32 pm in Oakland Raiders.

With both Steve Corkran and Jerry McDonald on vacation this week, we’re a little slow with this news. Sorry!

It sounds as if the Raiders may not be content with their running back situation behind starter Darren McFadden. ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that the Raiders are showing interest in free agent running back Cedric Benson.

Benson, who has topped the 1,000-yard mark the past three seasons, has not drawn much interest from teams. He’s had off-field problems each of the past two seasons — assault charges that resulted in Benson being suspended for three games this season.

McFadden, who missed nine games this past season with a foot injury, is at full strength now. However, he’s missed at least three games in each of his first four seasons in the NFL. And, with Michael Bush leaving the Raiders to sign with the Chicago Bears, Oakland is left with second-year man Taiwan Jones and ex-Carolina Panther Mike Goodson as its primary backups at running back. Jones had 16 carries for 73 yards for the Raiders in 2011, while Goodson had no carries with Carolina.

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie has maintained throughout the offseason that he doesn’t have the financial flexibility to sign big-name free agents. Given the lack of interest in Benson, though, it’s unlikely he would be seeking a huge payday.

With that in mind, do you think the Raiders should sign Benson?

• Raidernationdave

Of course like “all” atheist’s that have no answer for the question posed they simply ignore the question.

This is why atheists are so disingenuous.

The correct answer to my question, at least to those intellectually honest enough with themselves to answer it, is yes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sullivan44 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Dave, that same question can be applied to the man on the moon. The chubacabra. The man bear pig. If my non belief in god is mere ignorance and dismissal, so is your non belief in any fictitious creature. Because there is an equal amount of evidence of any of the above existing, which is NONE. Can’t have it both ways. That’s how I “axe” christians.

• Raidernationdave

Dawg, when I finally bust the fck outta my shell I’m gonna drop some nastys-azz rhymes up in here, freakin’ all the homies out!

Sure fire admittance into the PMPP. Got the bud. Got the booze. Got the broads.

• Method To My Madness

1685.KoolKell Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    Brien, take your “purple lips” and go clean MB’s trailer hitch.

********

Kell your woman is white and you call me a TOM? lol…let’s go around black folks and let them vote on it…bet ya i destroy you in it as well

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Method To My Madness Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:56 pm
    1685.KoolKell Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    Brien, take your “purple lips” and go clean MB’s trailer hitch.

********

————————————-
    It’s not color, its attitudes and policies, dumbass.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Btw, I’d be willing to take that bet, if it wasn’t so silly.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

For those of you just getting here, how’s about some highlights???
    =================================================
    Method To My Madness Says: Kell your woman is white and you call me a TOM?

Sullivan44 Says: A wigger hurts no one.

KoolKell Says: You’re an ignorant dumbass.

Method To My Madness Says: Nice response DichNose…now clean the cum out of your snosauge

Sullivan44 Says: Plunkethead, tell us about your spying on your kid while trimmed his pubes.

KoolKell Says: You’re the one frontin on the blog ALL DAY, you Uncle Tom, Pos.

• Method To My Madness

1704.KoolKell Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 4:06 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:56 pm
    1685.KoolKell Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    Brien, take your “purple lips” and go clean MB’s trailer hitch.

********

————————————-
    It’s not color, its attitudes and policies, dumbass.

1705.KoolKell Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 4:07 pm
    Btw, I’d be willing to take that bet, if it wasn’t so silly.

*********

Translation: I dont wanna see how black folks really view my btch ass

Dont worry Kell…i cant imagine alot of white folks not liking your punk ass either

• FreddieB

Kell,

The abortion debate get’s me too. I’ve always been strongly anti-abortion, but after reading through your numerous posts; I am rethinking my position.

• Method To My Madness

Glenn and you left out your shots on MistaBrown?

• Method To My Madness

1708.FreddieB Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 4:10 pm
    Kell,

****

LMAO

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Ok, I’m done Seymour. Sorry. But I will stand up to those people.

• TxRaider210

I just think the notion that politics should be a 2 sided battle is distorted. There’s more than two sides to every story, could be endless takes and perspectives on any given topic. I think this applies to everything in life and makes us all unique.imo

• Just Fire Baby

People are strange, when your a stranger…….

That is this blog for sure

• TxRaider210

JFB
    You think Reggie makes any surprise moves or holds off til after cuts?

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

New thread, bible freaks.

• Raidernationdave

Kell in favor of abortion? Curious considering 2 out of 3 pregnant black women get abortions. That makes her ilk very proud!

• Raidernationdave

Actually it’s called Hegelianism.

++++++++++++++++++

TxRaider210 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 4:25 pm

• Raidernationdave

Kool Kell and Margaret Sanger. Racist with a common goal (although one is simply ignorant!).

• Raidernationdave

Or “false assumptions”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sullivan44 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 4:29 pm

New thread, bible freaks.