1,719

Report: Raiders interested in RB Cedric Benson

With both Steve Corkran and Jerry McDonald on vacation this week, we’re a little slow with this news. Sorry!

It sounds as if the Raiders may not be content with their running back situation behind starter Darren McFadden. ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that the Raiders are showing interest in free agent running back Cedric Benson.

Benson, who has topped the 1,000-yard mark the past three seasons, has not drawn much interest from teams. He’s had off-field problems each of the past two seasons — assault charges that resulted in Benson being suspended for three games this season.

McFadden, who missed nine games this past season with a foot injury, is at full strength now. However, he’s missed at least three games in each of his first four seasons in the NFL. And, with Michael Bush leaving the Raiders to sign with the Chicago Bears, Oakland is left with second-year man Taiwan Jones and ex-Carolina Panther Mike Goodson as its primary backups at running back. Jones had 16 carries for 73 yards for the Raiders in 2011, while Goodson had no carries with Carolina.

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie has maintained throughout the offseason that he doesn’t have the financial flexibility to sign big-name free agents. Given the lack of interest in Benson, though, it’s unlikely he would be seeking a huge payday.

With that in mind, do you think the Raiders should sign Benson?

Jon Becker

• Plunketthead

Sully is third from the left on the scale of human evolution

• Plunketthead

lol mr you will say anything to hide your shame

Why you mad, bro?

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Religion can be blamed for every problem in the world today.

• Plunketthead

You are just mad because I speak the truth

You are dumber by the day
    I will be glad when the not as dense version of MR returns from vacation

1653.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 2:54 pm
    Religion can be blamed for every problem in the world today.

******

and the white man

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Brien your admiration and thorough endorsement of white supremacy is both curious and sad at the same time. Kell called you an Uncle Tom earlier. That has to sting.

• TxRaider210

Someone say “all trees must burn”? Just did my part.lol

1656.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:01 pm

*****

You mean the black power guy who is married to a white woman? HAHAHAHAHA yeah thats funny

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Religion is a crutch for the weak minded.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Kell never said he was for “black power”, did he? He just called you an Uncle Tom.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Method To My Madness Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 2:51 pm
    1639.KoolKell Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 2:29 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 2:26 pm

MR=lost cause….no wonder he is so lonely and uses this blog as an outlet
    ———————————
    You’re the one frontin on the blog ALL DAY, you Uncle Tom, Pos.

***************

Just for you Kell…not all us black people think on same accord
    ———————————-
    “Us black people”, what’s the percentage that thinks like you, Tom?

• Method To My Madness

Telling blacks to not think for themselves as Kell always does is the true white supremacy….if you are blak and follow the status quo of kissing democrat ass then he is all good with ya…..puhleeze

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Brien will be one of the .001% of black people to vote for Romney in November. lol.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

I’ve never known kell to “kiss Democrat ass”. I have known you to kiss Republican ass, though, Brien.

• The Beeech Dawg

I blame religion and politics on what happened to that poor grandma who was abused on the bus

Hope religion and politics don’t bully Brian the Genital in the same way

Power to America the Beautiful, be unafraid to hoist the ol Stars N Stripes for Peace

1661.KoolKell Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:07 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 2:51 pm
    1639.KoolKell Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 2:29 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 2:26 pm

MR=lost cause….no wonder he is so lonely and uses this blog as an outlet
    ———————————
    You’re the one frontin on the blog ALL DAY, you Uncle Tom, Pos.

***************

Just for you Kell…not all us black people think on same accord
    ———————————-
    “Us black people”, what’s the percentage that thinks like you, Tom?

*************

That think for themselves? The numbers growing everyday DichNose…thats what you so called black progressives fear….you cant get any more of your handouts and your cover is being torn off

1663.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:09 pm

******

Who said I was voting for Romney? Such a simpleton you think ppl only have dem or rep to choose from….typical idiot who doesnt think for himself

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Method To My Madness Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:08 pm

——————————-
    That stoopid arsed assumption is that African Americans are too stupid to discern they’re own interests. Uncle Tom.

• Plunketthead

“The Oakland Raiders have released defensive back LeQuan Lewis who the team had signed as an undrafted free agent this offseason. Lewis played cornerback at Arizona State and since being signed to the team, he hadn’t stood out in OTA’s or mini camps. His release could indicate the team is clearing space for a free agent signing. The Raiders recently showed interest in veteran free agent running back Cedric Benson and there some unconfirmed reports that had him visiting the Raiders facility this week. The Raiders timeline for signing free agents this offseason has typically been a couple days, although, that isn’t always the case.”

1664.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:09 pm

********

Prove it……i’ve never kissed their ass….i just despise this notion that the dems are for black people…no way they just like stooge and hand picked negroes like Kell that kiss their ass then beg for the crumbs as a reward

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Brien, I’m aware there are independents who don’t vote Dem or Rep, you’re just not one of them.

1668.KoolKell Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:12 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:08 pm

——————————-
    ********

That you and your demophag nonsense that dont want blacks to make their own decision…if someone aint down with the lying ass dems then you got issue with them

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Brien, you kiss Republican ass all day in here. All day. Every time politics are brought up. MB will come in here and spew one racist right wing political view after another and you’ll cheer him on.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Method To My Madness Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:13 pm
    1664.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:09 pm

********

———————————
    You’re an ignorant dumbass.

1671.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:14 pm

********

You never seen me once said I was a republican…again you lie

You dont even know who i voted for the last two elections

1674.KoolKell Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:16 pm
    Method To My Madness Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:13 pm
    1664.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:09 pm

********

———————————
    You’re an ignorant dumbass.

**********

Nice response DichNose…now clean the cum out of your snosauge

1673.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:15 pm

**********

How so? Please explain…politics get brought up by you and Kell mostly…and then MB comes in and hammers yall sorry asses

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Brien, every day in here, as soon as MB gets here and starts his racist political mantra, you do everything you can to prove to him that you’re “one of the good ones”, know what I’m saying? At least Kell has a spine and stands up to him. Not only do you not stand up to MB, you’re his sidekick! I think you know what the term is.

• Plunketthead

The Oakland Raiders selected LB Miles Burris out of San Diego State University in the 4th round (129th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. Burris, a native of Roseville, Calif., grew up watching the Bay Area teams and attending Raiders games. “I definitely liked watching,” said Burris. “I was a fan and liked coming to the games.”

The Raiders rookie started playing football in fifth grade and immediately loved the game. “Right away, I knew I wanted to play in the NFL and play as long as I could until somebody told me I couldn’t,” said Burris. “It was an immediate dream and I loved it right away.”

As a high school junior and senior at Granite Bay High School, Burris was awarded defensive player of the year. He was a two-time all-Metropolitan League Selection and ranked as the nation’s 30th-best inside linebacker by Rivals.com. After a successful high school career, Burris decided to take his talents to San Diego State University.

Burris redshirted his first year at SDSU, but began to contribute in 2008 and help turn around a struggling program. “We came in, it was a little rocky,” said Burris of the SDSU football program. “We weren’t winning as much as I would have liked, but came in with the mindset to turn it around and it was just a great time to be able to do that. And the last two years we did turn it around and went to a couple bowl games and had winning records and that was a really rewarding experience.”

Although a smaller football school, his college team did not lack competition. “It was a lot better than most people think playing in the Mountain West,” explained Burris. “There’s a lot of strong competition. There was TCU, BYU, Utah at some points, and Boise State was there last year. There’s a lot more competition in there than people think and it was a lot of fun to play at a high level.”

Burris had always dreamed he would play in the NFL, but saw it as a realistic opportunity after his junior season. “I always had a hope for it, that’s what I always worked for and worked towards, but I felt like it was a realistic possibility after my junior football season,” said Burris. That season, Burris was named first-team All-Mountain West, after leading the conference in sacks and tackles for loss and finishing second in forced fumbles.

His dream came true when he was selected by the Silver and Black with the Raiders second pick of the 2012 Draft. “It felt great, especially because my family can come to the games,” said Burris. “They can drive two hours and come watch me and visit me and I can still be close to family and be around them and that was a big part of it for me.”

Family has played a large role in Burris’ life. His dad, who played college football at Oregon State, was an important teacher for the Raiders rookie. “My father…he was a great football player as well and he helped me to play at a high level and taught me a lot but never really forced me into the sport,” said Burris.

Now, the positive influences from his father, as well as his college head coach Brady Hoke and strength coach Aaron Wellman, have paid off for Burris. Having completed his first NFL off-season program, he will fight for a roster spot during the Raiders 2012 Training Camp in Napa, Calif., at the end of July. “Miles Burris has done a nice job,” said Head Coach Dennis Allen. “I’ve been pleased with the way he’s progressing.”

“It means the world; It’s my childhood dream,” said Burris. “It’s everything I’ve worked for and I’m right on the fringe of achieving that dream. I haven’t taken the mindset that I’ve arrived yet, but just taking the mindset to get better every day and make it come final cuts.”

Burris wants to show the coaching staff and Raider Nation his “all out, relentless” style of play. “I’m going to give the team everything I’ve got to help them win,” said Burris.

1678.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:19 pm

*****************

Nada he says is racist…only that he disses this idiot prez

• http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb53t3&s=5&hid=3&tag=my+pool Lynn from Snot

inside the Raiders ???????

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

“MB hammers yall sorry asses”

He cracks Kell with a whip, doesn’t he, Brien? But you make sure you don’t get yourself into trouble. In fact, why not be his sidekick to make sure of it?

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Brien, you’re in denial. Everyone knows what your relationship to MB is, in the racial dynamic. You know the term.

• TxRaider210

Nice post Plunketthead, Burris seems like a good kid and heck of a player.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Brien, take your “purple lips” and go clean MB’s trailer hitch.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Lynn from Snot Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:21 pm

inside the Raiders ???????
    ==================================

Na, that’s now been replaced with “World’s Worst Flame Wars” starring biachi, KK, MR, Raider HO and a smattering of Jamista Clown.

no SullyMR….let me know Wayne D the Wigger

• TxRaider210

My beard has almost connected to the hair on the back of my head…should soon have that old school helmet look going on. Got some serious issues with the lettuce.lol

1685.KoolKell Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    Brien, take your “purple lips” and go clean MB’s trailer hitch.

***************

Why does it bother you so much that odumba lips are like that….you would roast bush all day long on here now when your ho mo prez gets it youre mad?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Seymour Bush Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    Lynn from Snot Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:21 pm

inside the Raiders ???????
    ==================================

Na, that’s now been replaced with “World’s Worst Flame Wars” starring biachi, KK, MR, Raider HO and a smattering of Jamista Clown, Seymour Bush, 666, etc, etc.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Brien, it’s only fitting that an Uncle Tom would call a white guy who’s not a racist a “wigger”. What else could you do? Truth is, an uncle tom is far worse than a wigger.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

KoolKell Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Seymour Bush Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    Lynn from Snot Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:21 pm

inside the Raiders ???????
    ==================================

==========================================

Na, the name of that would be “Biachi gets fried at his own lame BBQ…”

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Or possibly, “Jamista Clown gets runover by an 18 Wheeler of truth”….Again…

• Raidernationdave

I think DA has a plan that involves scheme and situation.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

SR Raider Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Raidernationdave Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 2:16 pm
    I have no idea why we should expect DMAC to stay healthy
    ===========

Because this is the time to be optimistic. Might as well enjoy it until he or someone else important gets hurt.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

A wigger hurts no one. An uncle tom perpetuates white supremacy, which hurts millions.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

A recent Pew poll shows 0bama with an 18-point advantage over Mitt Romney with women because of the recent discussions about contraception and abortion. Polls show Latinos supporting President 0bama 6-to-1 over Mitt Romney. African Americans poll something like 9-to-1 in 0bama’s favor.
    ———————————–
    Yet Uncle Tom Brien claims to speak for African Americans.

• theghostronin79

Back home already Tx? I’m bout to hit the gym and get my weekend on.

• TxRaider210

Theghostronin79 Says:
    June 22nd, 2012 at 3:43 pm
    Back home already Tx? I’m bout to hit the gym and get my weekend on.
    ————————
    I tend to drive fast as hell on Fridays. Have a good one man, Raider on!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

So if you lose blacks, women, Latinos (and Republicans have probably already lost Arab and Muslim Americas), what are you left with? You can’t win a general election with the angry, white, male vote. That’s clearly a core vote for the Republican Party but it’s not going to be enough.
    —————————-