Raiders assistant trainer Chris Cortez is a hero

By Jon Becker
Friday, June 22nd, 2012 at 4:24 pm in Oakland Raiders.

A great story emerged from a potentially tragic one Saturday when Raiders assistant trainer Chris Cortez helped pull a woman out of a sinking car in the Oakland estuary.

Here’s a link to the story on our website, where we re-tell the story Cortez relayed to Jeanette Thompson from Raiders.com in the latest installment of their “Behind the Shield” video show.

Here’s a video from the story that aired on NBC BayArea:

747.Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:44 am
    Was Vince Evans a USC product?

***************

My point is well taken then lmao

Waiting for the preseason to figure out if your defense is any good is like waiting till the dress rehearsal the night before the performance to see if you can actually pull off the show. By the time the dress rehearsal is over and it’s apparent that the show stinks, it’s too late

***

@G123

you practice how you play. obviously they weren’t bad enough in OTA’s to warrant dumping players and signing others. We’ll see what happens in camp. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a few roster moves on both sides of the ball. Reggie & Dennis are both rookies, remember?

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Method To My Madness Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:45 am
    743.Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:41 am
    Good day of football talk on this blog today, pleasent surprise lol

**********

As MistaBrown mentioned earlier…No MR or Kell…even no Beecher…so its not surprising
    ——————-
    although I am guitly from time to time in making Akeem “the african dream” references lol

• Silverandblack666

48 days and a bunch of hours until our first pre-season game.

Is that better B?

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

MAD MAN,1ST 10 BEER’S R ON U AT THE OPENER VS. SAN DIEGO.I GOT THE REST..

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Method To My Madness Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:46 am
    747.Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:44 am
    Was Vince Evans a USC product?

***************

My point is well taken then lmao
    —————
    poor vince, He did manage to stay in the league for quite a while though.
    I will say this- Vince Evans>Jay Schroeder

• JR

Raider O Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:35 am

I know some here are concerned about a few positions on offense like TE, Blocking FB, backup RB, RT, but I worry about our defense and especially our secondary.

———————————————————
    TE: ??
    FB: What about SCHMITT?
    RT: Bring back Mario Williams??
    D: Geriatric CB’s and overpaid safeties PLUS “Mike the Missile”

PROBLEMS SOLVED.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Anyone going to the Baltimore or Carolina road games???

I know what Myers is all about. He’s garbage at TE, below avg at everything. Only redeeming quality is above avg special teams play

***

@G123

Myers has 12 career starts.

Branch got better in his 4th year, didn’t he?

Who says BM can’t do the same??

his playing time, catches & yards increase every year.
    He’s only 26 years old

753.Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:47 am
    Method To My Madness Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:45 am
    743.Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:41 am
    Good day of football talk on this blog today, pleasent surprise lol

**********

——————-

*************

youre a jive soul bro!

755.DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:49 am
    MAD MAN,1ST 10 BEER’S R ON U AT THE OPENER VS. SAN DIEGO.I GOT THE REST..

**************************

Oh yes…30 pack is a coming that night!

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Who says BM can’t do the same??
    ———————–
    Well… the initials BM are usually a red flag for a turd sandwich lol

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Hey racist jerk offs,

looks like the key provisions of your dikhead racist laws in Arizona were struck down!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F ### YOU!!!!!

754.Silverandblack666 Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:48 am
    48 days and a bunch of hours until our first pre-season game.

Is that better B?

**************

how many more days til you smack MR to the pavement?

RT: Bring back Mario Williams??

***

@JR

I’m sure you meant Mario Henderson, but he signed with SD this offseason

RT = Barnes/Barks (possibly Bergs?)

• lefty12

Myers has outlasted Miller and Boss.To say he is below average at everything would be a mistake.If he were that bad he wouldn’t still be around.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Method To My Madness Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:52 am
    755.DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:49 am
    MAD MAN,1ST 10 BEER’S R ON U AT THE OPENER VS. SAN DIEGO.I GOT THE REST..

**************************

Oh yes…30 pack is a coming that night!
    ———————
    now if they only put good beer in 30 pack form…

• guest123

Myers has 12 career starts.

Branch got better in his 4th year, didn’t he?

Who says BM can’t do the same??

his playing time, catches & yards increase every year.
    He’s only 26 years old

**********

lol

Seriously, you must have seen him play. Stiff as a board and runs ugly routes to gaps and catches easy softball pitches and immediately looks for a patch of grass to fall down. Routine is run to space, catch, wince then fall down. every friggin time.

763.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:53 am
    Hey racist jerk offs,

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F ### YOU!!!!!

****************

Right on cue….he couldnt resist….

• Method To My Madness

How was the weekend in Sac, MR?

• JLofty

Met Jeff Barnes #56 in SF this weekend. Nice guy. He was raising $$ for the March of Dimes. Let me wear his ’83 SupaBo ring while we hammed it up for a pic.
    Shared a laugh over the greatness of David Humm…

766.lefty12 Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:54 am

************

i agree with ya OG

771.JLofty Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:55 am
    Met Jeff Barnes #56 in SF this weekend. Nice guy. He was raising $$ for the March of Dimes. Let me wear his ‘83 SupaBo ring while we hammed it up for a pic.
    Shared a laugh over the greatness of David Humm…

*****************

At Pier 39? I met him there last Spring as well…he was hella cool

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

I haven’t been here for two days. I log on, you guys are talking about me. Jesus christ. Who’s your daddy?

762.Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:52 am
    Who says BM can’t do the same??
    ———————–
    Well… the initials BM are usually a red flag for a turd sandwich lol

***************

If Kell has a good BM he wont show up

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

How about that Derek Norris yesterday? F ### the SF midgets!

• JLofty

Yeah B, at that second floor shop. He was hella cool, nice guy.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

ODB,

Stressful weekend bro. My wife made me clean the carage which used to be my man cave. She wants space for her new car. That used to be my office/ man cave.
    How was your weekend bro?

Where is our Prez? He is MIA.
    I hope all is well with my brother from another mother.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

That’s how things are going in sac, Brien. Derek Norris. We’re celebrating sending another f’n crusher to Oakland.

774.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:57 am

*****************

Well people were noticing how peaceful it is without you adn Kell around

779.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:59 am

**************

That’s a good thing to celebrate….did you mack any ladies that would make Beecher proud?

• R8ER MIKE

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:50 am
    Anyone going to the Baltimore or Carolina road games???

******************************
    i will be at the Baltimore game !!
    and hwnrdr is trying to go to it too.

777.JLofty Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:58 am
    Yeah B, at that second floor shop. He was hella cool, nice guy.

***************

Hell yeah the sports store thats been there forever….cool stuff

• R8ER MIKE

lol lol.. burned down a forest looking for he this weekend. sorry to say,no luck !!!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Podunker,

LOL
    You have your moments.
    I miss the daily articles you used to post (second time I tell you that, so get to work and earn your stay lol), and articles from BR don’t count.

• R8ER MIKE

*him

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

R8ER MIKE Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 12:01 pm
    Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:50 am
    Anyone going to the Baltimore or Carolina road games???

******************************
    i will be at the Baltimore game !!
    and hwnrdr is trying to go to it too.
    ————————
    would love to see a victory, lat time I was in Baltimore it was 98′ we lost. Man time flies!

787.Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 12:03 pm
    R8ER MIKE Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 12:01 pm
    Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:50 am
    Anyone going to the Baltimore or Carolina road games???

******************************
    i will be at the Baltimore game !!
    and hwnrdr is trying to go to it too.
    ————————

*************

we never won there vs ravens

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Brien, this is not the first time I’ve logged on after days away from here, and you ladies are discussing daddy. I complete you.

• R8ER MIKE

if you make it out this year, we will have to hook up for a few cold beers and a tree or two !!

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

• JR

Thanks for the correction.

Yeah, I meant Henderson (tongue-in-cheek), but I think the guys there now are just as good. I’d like to see Barksdale take it from Barnes.

Some of the other stuff I wrote was in jest, and injuries will hurt this team if the CBs get hurt.

That being said, all of the teams have issues, and will be hurt by injuries in key places…

I saw that the ESPN guy predicted 5-11 for the Raiders. I see 7-9 to 9-7.
    —————————————————
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 11:53 am

RT: Bring back Mario Williams??

***

@JR

I’m sure you meant Mario Henderson, but he signed with SD this offseason

RT = Barnes/Barks (possibly Bergs?)

789.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 12:04 pm

********************

yeah now let me pull up all the times you talked about me when i havent been around for months!….nice try SullyMR…you cant live without us…but im glad for one weekend you finally left the blog alone…you must be coming close to scoring a date…congrats!

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

brien you work fast food and you think you’re rich.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

R8ER MIKE Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 12:05 pm
    —————————–
    I think if I can get out there I am going to have to get a hotel because driving 6ish hours after tailgating may not be in my best interest. I figure 1 of 2 things are going to happen after the game.

1) I get FK’d up because we are celebrating a victory!

2) I’m mourning a loss and get FK’d up.

794.Sullivan44 Says:
    June 25th, 2012 at 12:09 pm
    brien you work fast food and you think you’re rich.

***************

LOL….hey its the least you can do to help out mom with the bills MR

Fast food industry? Naw…someone like me would get fired cuz id cook burgers and fries for myself…fk those customers

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

anyone who enjoys life is rich in my opinion.
    It’s not about $$

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

ODB,

Good for you!
    I destroyed my man cave/ office, and then I had to clean the garage.

• Method To My Madness

MR…come to a game this year…stop by the tailgate man

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

good grief brien you didn’t even get it. Of course you’re not really from Oakland you’re from Hayward.