Raiders on the clock with Branch

By Steve Corkran
Monday, July 9th, 2012 at 3:43 pm in Oakland Raiders.

First-year general manager Reggie McKenzie described talks between the Raiders and strong safety Tyvon Branch’s agent about a long-term contract as ongoing. The two sides have less than a week to get past the open-dialogue phase.
Players who receive the franchise-tag designation have until July 16 to sign a long-term deal or else they are locked into a one-year deal until the regular season ends.
The Raiders slapped the franchise tag on Branch earlier this offseason, which Branch signed. That obligates the Raiders to pay Branch $6.2 million this season.
So, why the urgency to get a long-term deal? Several reasons come into play.
First, Branch would like the security of knowing where he’s going to play beyond 2012, as well as the potential to bank a sizable signing bonus. From the Raiders standpoint, they wouldn’t mind locking up a player in his prime and freeing up much-needed salary-cap room.
As it stands, the Raiders are less than $1 million under the salary cap. Branch’s $6.2 million already has been accounted for. So, if the Raiders sign him to a long-term deal, they could free up, say, as much as $5.5 million.
If the two sides aren’t able to hammer out a deal within the next week, they could revisit the issue at season’s end. The clock is ticking.

• http://www.djsulli.com/ Silverandblack666

“6-3 180 lbs, BrownStains. Get a life.”

Wow what a geriatric figure you have there was that before or after your Metamucil induced enema?

• PurpleDrank81

6-2 300lbs of pure perfection

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

But yeah, the convertible corvette is nice, though.

• Raidernationdave

LMMFAO!!!

5′ 8″ 185lbs. beyotches!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 7:25 pm

“6-3 180 lbs, BrownStains. Get a life.”

• Raiders for life

6-2 300lbs of pure perfection

##########

Starting Raiders nose tackle!!!!

• Raidernationdave

I guess being late for dinner at your house is a real bummer!

++++++++++++

Raiders for life Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 8:07 pm

6-2 300lbs of pure perfection

##########

Starting Raiders nose tackle!!!!

• http://www.djsulli.com/ Silverandblack666

Sandusky44 said I was fat maybe that’s why I wasn’t one of his potential victims in the DJ Sully Fresh fondling scandal of 2009.

• http://www.djsulli.com/ Silverandblack666

So much basketball talk in here today I thought I would start the first debate over the Canadians women’s curling team.

Just how good are their chances in the 2014 Winter games?

Any one care to comment?

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Just how good are their chances in the 2014 Winter games?

Any one care to comment?
    =========================================

I will. The Canadian’s women curling team will have a better chance of getting it with other females than biachi, Jamista or Sully44 combined.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Munster, we all saw your pic and know you are closer to 5’9 – 275
    _____

KoolKell Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 7:17 pm

6-3 180 lbs, BrownStains. Get a life.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Peymour talking to himself as 666, blog classic!

• raiderzmaverick

…and onto football….

With all these 1-year contracts we’re dishing out and others set to become free agents, we may have a more difficult off season next year to try to build on whatever (good or bad) was done this year. We’ll again have both our starting CBs as Free Agents, our starting Safety (Branch) & backup Safety(Mitchell), starting RT, Back-up DT (Bryant), starting LB (Wheeler), Punter plus some other not-so-important backups.

Wonder if mid-season he’s going to try to extend some of these guys he just signed.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

MistaBrown Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 9:20 pm
    Munster, we all saw your pic and know you are closer to 5′9 – 275
    _____

KoolKell Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 7:17 pm

6-3 180 lbs, BrownStains. Get a life.
    ————————
    Whatever dummy.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KK Munster,
    Remember how you and purp lips has been saying Bush only cut taxes for the rich? Yah me too…

Well now purp lips says he wants to keep the Bush tax cuts for the middle class…..can you fill in the blanks for me, dummy ?

lmfao

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

BrownStains get a life.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KK, thats your answer?
    “BrownStains get a life.”

Obviously Bush cut taxes for everybody not just the rich but scumbags like you, SeymourBush666, MR, and purp lips keep spewing that tired old lie “republicans only cut taxes for the rich”.

KK, stop being a retarded buffoon and pull your head out of your anus.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Jamista Clown the blog dirtbag!!! Confused again Jamista? Don’t worry, once senility kicks in, which it will for you, then every thing will get better.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Oh PeymourBish, maybe you can answer me because KK is unable.

How is purp lips going to keep the Bush middle tax cuts if Bush only gave tax breaks to the rich?

Just answer the question without your psycho babble, thanks in advance.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

MistaBrown Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 9:32 pm

KK Munster,
    ==============================

Confused on this too? The president never said Bush only cut taxes for the rich. What he said is the rich got their taxes cut the most. By far. And it has not trickled down. But somehow you still hold hope that it is going to trickle down to your dumpster and shopping cart huh?

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Peymour, I said without the psycho-babble.

You and every libtard on the planet have been saying for as long as I’ve been alive that Rep’s only give tax breaks to the rich.

So cut the B-sh!t you fuktard and answer the question
    :D
    _______

Seymour Bush Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 9:47 pm

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

HaHa

g’night fuktards, trolls, libtards

Thanks for the laughs Peymour!

• raiderzmaverick

Go Raiderz.

• raiderzmaverick

raiderzmaverick Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 9:22 pm

…and onto football….

===========
    Crap: forgot our starting FB (Reece) and starting LG (Carlisle)…and not so important, but I also forgot Murphy (WR) as a free agent after the season and Giordano who are at least somewhat important too.

Lots of contracts to figure out.

• Bad News Dude

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 8:27 pm

…………………………

Is this still a Raider blog? Or has this turned into a hoops blog for losers that treat this place like Facebook.

‘I have a Corvette.’

‘I have a 5 bedroom house with a pool’

‘I just had a baby’

‘I’m in line for a promotion. Yay me’

‘The Nets signed Jerry Stackhouse’

‘I’m having lunch at Hooters’

Friggin losers. Stay on topic. RAIDERS FOOTBALL!

• Bad News Dude

July 11th, 2012 at 9:15 am
    Here it is, your 2012 Oakland Raiders:

***

thanks DAV, you’re back!

—-

I was waitin for you.

Didnt recognize half of the screen names on here.

They got their panties in a bunch.. “Raider blog, Raider talk only” lol…

………………………

Crying to daddy? Bad form, bruh. You’re actually doing pretty good staying on topic. Atta boy. Don’t go ruining it by acting like a stepchild.

—-

IDK who you are.

Dont care.

Respect your blog elders though junior.

………………………….

Wow, you really showed me. Whether I’ve been here 5 minutes or 5 years, it can’t be too much to ask to have the discussion limited to Raider football, can it? Considering this is a Raider blog and all? Hello? Surely even you can understand that.

Besides, based on your handle, you’re not exactly a blog vet either. Or did you change handles? You’re either a troll or a hypocrite. Take your pick.

Oh, and you do care who I am, or you wouldn’t have mentioned it.

• weaselbit

I remember being about 9 or 10 and going to the Raiders games in the Coliseum with my Dad. We had amazing seats on the bleachers around the fifty yard line. I would always ask if I could go down and stand near the fence. The fence was a 4 ft chain link fence that was literally 10-15 ft behind the players. Stadium people were cool and didn’t care if a kid stood next to the fence. Raiders were right in front of us. From a kid’s point of view it just seemed like they were having a great time. The player I remember the most was Ben Davidson. He just toward over everyone else and he seemed like a real life giant. Seemed to always be laughing and scowling at the same time, with that freaking handlebar mustache. Dude used to just clothesline people. Good times.

I just want to see us getting back to being the team that you don’t want to play ’cause it hurts for the next week.

• blackandsilverside

Bad News Dude Says:
    July 11th, 2012 at 10:56 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bad News,

Have some patience. I think we are all talked out about the Raiders till training camp and the pre-season begin.

We have hashed out every Raider subject at least 100 times.

• Chizzled Goose from Meadowlark Mountain

Anybody know if the Warriors are returning home to San Fran and if they A’s are boltin to SJose or SClara or Sacramento or where ever? Hope they grease it right up and slide right out of town and Oakland will be all Raider. Say right on baby. East Bay. Tower of Power.

• Vegetarian Beef Steak

Screw that you horn rimmed crossed eyed punk. Just cuz you think the niners are somethin that makes you special? well get used to eatin fresh brown from the backside of your ass as they meltdown in typical meltdown fashion. The one year hit wonders aint got it this year biotche. Get it thru your empty head. Raiders gonna own the bay.

• toilette a la mode

Eat my shorts after 3 weeks of mudd butt Brogopastrick, Raiders gonna dominate. I do hope your 0-niners go to the super bowl so we can mop the floor with your sorry johnson.

• http://ʘʘ ʘʘ

where am I?

• http://www.com █▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█

Hang on, Sloopy
    Sloopy, hang on
    Hang on, Sloopy
    Sloopy, hang on

Sloopy lives in a very bad part of town (Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)
    And everybody, yeah, tries to put my Sloopy down (Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)
    Sloopy, I don’t care what your daddy do (Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)
    ‘Cause you know, Sloopy, girl, I’m in love with you (Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)

And so I sing out
    Hang on, Sloopy
    Sloopy, hang on
    Hang on, Sloopy
    Sloopy, hang on

Sloopy wears a red dress, yeah, as old as the hills (Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)
    But when Sloopy wears that red dress, yeah, you know, it gives me the chills, oh, oh (Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)
    Sloopy, when I see you walking, walking down the street (Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)
    I say, “Don’t worry, Sloopy, girl, you belong to me” (Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)

And so I sing out
    Hang on, Sloopy
    Sloopy, hang on
    Hang on, Sloopy
    Sloopy, hang on
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Give it to ‘em right now

Sloopy, let your hair down, girl
    Let it hang down on me (Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)
    Sloopy, let your hair down, girl
    Let it hang down on me, yeah, yeah (Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)

Come on, Sloopy (Come on, come on)
    Well, come on, Sloopy (Come on, come on)
    Well, come on, Sloopy (Come on, come on)
    Well, come on, Sloopy (Come on, come on)

Well, it feels so good (Come on, come on)
    You know, it feels so good (Come on, come on)
    Well, shake it, shake it, shake it, Sloopy (Come on, come on)
    Well, shake it, shake it, shake it, yeah (Come on, come on)
    Oh

Hang on, Sloopy
    Sloopy, hang on
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Hang on, Sloopy
    Sloopy, hang on
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Hang on, Sloopy
    Sloopy, hang on

• █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

test

GO RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHS

• Simon

Simon Says:

Everybody clap your hands for Da Raidahs!!!

• ██████████████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████

I am just totally bored out of my skull here at work. Break time is just around the corner. Once football season starts, I’m quittin this place and goin to EVERY Raider game. I’m drinkin the kool aide all right. We goin to get the Lombardi this year.

• Sir Walter Buckingham Pennypleasure Jones ESQ

Somebody’s drinkin more than kool aid. Or maybe a bit much sauce mixed in with the kool aid. It’s all good.

• Marks hair