1,013

Heyward-Bey receives three years’ probation for DUI charge

Oakland Raiders wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey pleaded no contest Monday to a misdemeanor DUI charge in connection with his arrest on the Bay Bridge in April.

Heyward-Bey, 25, was pulled over at about 2 a.m. on April 7 on the lower deck of the bridge on his way back to the East Bay from a nightclub in San Francisco, his attorney Ivan Golde said.

He agreed to plead no contest in San Francisco Superior Court to the misdemeanor charge this morning in exchange for a sentence of three years’ probation, three months of DUI classes and various fines and fees.

Heyward-Bey had been pulled over after allegedly weaving and driving slightly above the speed limit in his 2012 Range Rover, according to the California Highway Patrol.

Prosecutors said a chemical test conducted at the scene found his blood-alcohol content was .13 percent, and a Breathalyzer test taken about an hour later found his BAC was still .12.

Golde had previously said there were “serious issues” with the case, but told Judge Samuel Feng today that seeking a trial on the charges would distract from with the Raiders’ upcoming season and “would be an undue hardship” on his client.

Heyward-Bey “wants to put this behind him,” Golde said.

Raiders players are scheduled to start reporting for the team’s preseason training camp this Sunday in Napa.

Heyward-Bey was Oakland’s top receiver last season, leading the Raiders with 64 receptions and 965 receiving yards, both career highs.

Steve Corkran

• DennisAllensVisor

Just Fire Baby Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 9:43 am
    Talk about nail in the coffin!

***************************

LOL!!

Victorino is of no concern, much more with Pence.

He can hit, catch and throw.

—-

Head scratcher.

Victorino can hit, catch & throw.

He has a better arm than Pence too.

Im no Dodger fan, cant stand them, but that statement isnt close to being true brother.

• The Big Banana

The Jamarcus Russell offense is tough on all WR’s.

——

Lol!

• R8ER MIKE

damn that sucks Hwnrdr, i was looking foward to putting a face with a name and showing you how we southern Maryland rednecks party.lol lol lol
    but i will be there representing for the NATION !!
    lol lol … look for me on the T.V. that game.
    should be easy to spot. i will be the fat drunk white guy in Raider gear !! lol lol lol

• Just Fire Baby

Debatable on the better arm, that’s why he’s in RF.

• The Big Banana

O, some aren’t smart enough to even do that much!

I didn’t say he was a genius. I just said he’s smart enough to build and retain/grow wealth. Whether with the help of an advisor or not.

Saw an opportunity, seized it like a good entrepenuer, built up his wealth, and now provides very well for his family. He’s not an idiot.

• guest123

Wow, the money they pay baseball players these days.

Cole Hammels 6 years for $144 million! WOW!

• SR Raider

Anyone know for sure when camp starts? Plenty of sites have it listed as Friday 7/27, but I’ve also read that Sunday is reporting day with Monday being first practice

Steve – how about getting us some news?

• DennisAllensVisor
  • guest123

All Raiders report on Saturday. Meetings on Sunday. Monday is first practice.

• RAIDERMAN99

Gonna be interesting to see what approach DA and Tarver take this pre-season. Especially on defense.

You’d want to see which guys are ‘getting it’ and try to project what may work best when the real bullets start flying.

At the same time, you don’t want to give the Bolts any idea of what’s coming their way Monday nite.

I suspect we’ll see a lot of looks but very little done off of them. Probably be more concerned about guys lining up correctly than anything else.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Dr. Shaq?!
    LOL
    He has a Doctorate? In what?

• theghostronin79

Missing Free Throws

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

TBB,

I’m not saying they are idiots bro, but my point is that there is a lot of money in the entertainment business, and making/ being worth $100 million is not that difficult (you don’t have to be smart) when you make $20 million+ per year.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Raider O Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:01 am
    Dr. Shaq?!
    LOL
    He has a Doctorate? In what?

==================================================

I see he has an MBA from the University of Phoenix (where I work, incidentally), and an Ed.D. (Doctor of Education) from someplace called Barry University.

• TxRaider210

Just Fire Baby Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 9:18 am
    Remember a couple yr.s back in wk.3 of the preseason when we got absolutely shellacked by the Saints? Brees threw for like 300+ in the 1st half?

********************

Yup, and Jamarcus was fumbling and one-hoping passes as well.

That was the game that prompted the Greg Ellis “this is not high school” tirade.

Wish we could have played more relevant ball for Ellis, he was a good dude.

———–
    Yep, the Saints torched us in that pre-season game. Right after that game, I predicted they’d win it all that year and it happened, should put $$ on it.lol

• TxRaider210

Raider O Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:01 am
    Dr. Shaq?!
    LOL
    He has a Doctorate? In what?

———-
    I think Shaq has an MBA, doesn’t mean much when degrees can be bought these days.

• TxRaider210

*should have

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Thx Duck.
    I used to work at UOP. I was an enrollment counselor.

• The Big Banana

Fair enough, O.

• hwnrdr

R8ER MIKE Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 9:48 am
    but i will be there representing for the NATION !!
    lol lol … look for me on the T.V. that game.

I know. Was looking foraward to meeting you and meeting up with Ravenaider again! Met him at the Denver game last year. Cool guy!

• hwnrdr

Raider O Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:18 am
    Thx Duck.
    I used to work at UOP. I was an enrollment counselor.

That is where I graduated from!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I need to get my MBA, so I can be as smart as Shaq. lol

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

# RaiderDuck Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:12 am

Raider O Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:01 am
    Dr. Shaq?!
    LOL
    He has a Doctorate? In what?

==================================================

=============================================

Amazing. That’s like saying I have my doctorate in medicine from the North Hollywood Upstairs Medical College.

• Raidernationdave

I know some people that have that Ed.D. designation that couldn’t find their own ass with two hands and a map!

+++++++++++++++++++++

Seymour Bush Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:21 am
    # RaiderDuck Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:12 am

Raider O Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:01 am
    Dr. Shaq?!
    LOL
    He has a Doctorate? In what?

==================================================

=============================================

• Raidernationdave

Thinking of moving from Victorville to the central coast; Lompoc, SLO, etc.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Raider O Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:18 am
    Thx Duck.
    I used to work at UOP. I was an enrollment counselor.

==========================================

Awesome! I’ve been working there in Technical Support a little over three years now.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

TBB,

You are right about some of those entertainers who don’t hire financial avisors. It’s good to know what you know and know what you don’t know.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

$$$$$$$

Weird!!
    I think people used to value education a lot more than we do today.

• TxRaider210

Raidernationdave Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:25 am

+++++++++++++++++++++

Seymour Bush Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:21 am
    # RaiderDuck Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:12 am

Raider O Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:01 am
    Dr. Shaq?!
    LOL
    He has a Doctorate? In what?

==================================================

=============================================

————–
    LOL Some of the smartest people on earth have zero common sense, much better to be well-rounded imo.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Hwnrdr,

Did you do the online program?

• TxRaider210

Raider O Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:30 am
    $$$$$$$

Weird!!
    I think people used to value education a lot more than we do today.

————
    Yeah it’s a tough call with education because some professors preach bullschit. I know there are good ones out there, but I wouldn’t pay money to learn false history and keynesian economics.lol

• Just Fire Baby

I don’t want to tarnish my Chico State diploma with a Phoenix MBA

• hwnrdr

Raider O Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:33 am
    Hwnrdr,

Did you do the online program?

I did both. All the general and extras I did online along with my minor in Finance. My Business Management program I did on campus

• DennisAllensVisor

Chico State? Was Razor Ramon the Dean??..

• hwnrdr

Just Fire Baby Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:37 am
    I don’t want to tarnish my Chico State diploma with a Phoenix MBA

I understand that one, but these days everything is online…tried to get to St Marys for my MBA but it was hard with a BS from UOP! Still, if I applied myself harder, I could have done it!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Duck,

You guys are a blast. By far my favorite group at UOP.

• DKnight007

971.hwnrdr Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:20 am
    Raider O Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:18 am
    Thx Duck.
    I used to work at UOP. I was an enrollment counselor.

That is where I graduated from!

^^^^^^^^
    Nice….I just graduated from UOP this past weekend mba.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Just Fire Baby Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:37 am
    I don’t want to tarnish my Chico State diploma with a Phoenix MBA
    $$$$$$$$$$$

ROFLMAO

• DKnight007

982.Just Fire Baby Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:37 am
    I don’t want to tarnish my Chico State diploma with a Phoenix MBA

^^^^^^^^
    Way to insult people who worked their azzes off and received an MBA or any degree from UOP.

More like the other the way around fool.

Chico State is all about doing drugs and getting drunk every night.

• DKnight007

More like you shouldn’t tarnish an MBA from Phoenix by bringing up how you received a drug induced haze of a undergrad from Chico St.

LOL!

• The Big Banana

DKnight – pretty sure JFB was joking. Lol.

• DKnight007

991.The Big Banana Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:47 am
    DKnight – pretty sure JFB was joking. Lol.

^^^^^^^
    Hope so….

• R8ER MIKE

Chico State is all about doing drugs and getting drunk every night.

*************************
    sounds a lot like my house !!

• http://www.djsulli.com/ Silverandblack666

JFB is a smart ass and I know for a fact he was being sarcastic.

sometimes humor does not come across that well in type.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Still LMAO!!!
    Good one Vegas.

• hwnrdr

DKnight007 Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:39 am
    971.hwnrdr Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:20 am
    Raider O Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:18 am
    Thx Duck.
    I used to work at UOP. I was an enrollment counselor.

That is where I graduated from!

^^^^^^^^
    Nice….I just graduated from UOP this past weekend mba.

NICE! Congrats!

• http://www.djsulli.com/ Silverandblack666

“JFB is a smart ass”

Meaning I get his sense of humor, funny guy!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Btw, Congrats DK.

• hwnrdr

R8ER MIKE Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:49 am
    Chico State is all about doing drugs and getting drunk every night.

*************************
    sounds a lot like my house !!

Mine too…minus the drugs, unless you count nicotine! Wait, I have pot heads living with me as well…lol

• TxRaider210

R8ER MIKE Says:
    July 25th, 2012 at 10:49 am
    Chico State is all about doing drugs and getting drunk every night.

*************************
    sounds a lot like my house !!

—————-
    What’s your tuition running Mike and can you fax me an enrollment application?lol