Raiders confirm Murphy trade

By Steve Corkran
Monday, July 23rd, 2012 at 12:25 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders just sent out a press release confirming their trade of veteran wide receiver Louis Murphy to the Carolina Panthers on Monday.
The trade is for an undisclosed conditional draft pick, meaning the compensation the Raiders receive likely will be tied in to things such as Murphy’s playing time and/or production.
This is the second time the Raiders have partnered with the Panthers for a trade. Earlier this offseason, the Raiders sent offensive lineman Bruce Campbell to the Panthers for running back Mike Goodson.
Murphy was a fourth-round pick of the Raiders in 2009. He led Raiders wide receivers in receptions and yards in 2009 and ’10. However, he slipped to only 15 receptions for 241 yards and no touchdowns last season after suffering an injury in training camp that lingered for a long time afterward.
The Raiders kick off training camp this weekend. At that time, youngsters such as Rod Streater, Juron Criner and Duke Calhoun figure to have a better shot at earning a spot on the 53-man roster now that Murphy no longer is in the equation.
In other news, the Raiders still haven’t signed Criner and fellow draftee Tony Bergstrom. Those signings are expected to take place within the next few days.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Lets face it population control is not PC nor is it anything people want to talk about.
    ————————————-
    Now these anti-govt azzholes want Govt forced sterilization. Too funny. Not really.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 3:54 pm
    KrappyRat, this would be the perfect time to remind us how much you hate name calling

Oh yeah, and tell us again how you only talk Raider football on the blog

For laughs

————

KoolKell Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 3:47 pm

How ya doin, handfkr?
    ——————————
    Well, you are a handfkr aren’t you? that’s what you said.

• The Beeech Dawg

If The Rock, Pope and KrappyRat were all sitting around the living room giving each other hand jobs, Krappy would definitely be the first to bust nut

Then he’d call The Rock a bootlicker, ask Pope for a link and do the Charleston right on over to Arby’s

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 3:38 pm

You have to understand that the reason religion was invented was to control the masses.

==============================================

No argument here. I’m currently reading “God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything” by Christopher Hitchens, and he points out how EVERY SINGLE RELIGION EVER has had all kinds of rules about sexual activity, both solitary and with others. Why? Because if you can control someone’s sex life, you can control them that much easier.

• TxRaider210

RaiderDuck Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 3:38 pm

==============================================

———————-
    Yeah and how would the masses be if there was no “hell” to fear?

• Raiderbuck

Adam Schefter
    Jets traded conditional 7th-round pick to Panthers for Jeff Otah. Panthers traded conditional 7th-round pick to Oakland for Louis Murphy.

• http://www.raiders.com Gregg Knapp

126.Dakota Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 2:23 pm
    McFadden better get used in the screen game and in goal line situations this year! You hear me KNAPP!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

I’ll decide when and where we use McFadden.

Mind your own business and let me coach this offense the way I like.

I’m Gregg friggin Knapp.

• bigsnow81

Social Darwinism

• DutchRaider77

==============================================

———————-
    Yeah and how would the masses be if there was no “hell” to fear?

____________________________________________________

Yeah, Justice in society all comes down to the River Styx…

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Raiderbuck Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 4:06 pm
    Adam Schefter

=============================================

Per La Canfora’s report, the “condition” is that Murphy make the Panthers’ final roster. If he gets cut in preseason, they don’t owe us.

• Raiderbuck

RaiderDuck Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Raiderbuck Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 4:06 pm
    Adam Schefter

=============================================

*************************************************

I’ve heard they are thin at WR, surely he’ll make the team. He’s not that bad of a WR when healthy

• DJ Johnny

205.TxRaider210 Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 4:05 pm
    RaiderDuck Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Silverandblack666 Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 3:38 pm

==============================================

———————-
    Yeah and how would the masses be if there was no “hell” to fear?

Try being a Jehovah Witness. If u join up then decide u don’t want it anymore they’ll try to take away your family (if u have any family that’s in).

They’ve been saying the world’s end is “just around the corner” for over 40 yrs. and people still buy into it and the excuses for why it hasn’t ended yet.

They have 8 old white guys and one african/am. on an all powerful panel called the “Governing Body” which decide EVERYTHING in regard to how their flock should live, and if you disobey…they kick you out and call u an “apostate”.

Sorry if i offended any JW’s that are here.

• DJ Johnny

That’ll be my first and last comment in regard to religion.

I have family who are “in” and it irates me everytime i think about them coming to my home and telling me i’m gonna die in a fiery blitzkrieg of godly fury if i don’t join up.

• DutchRaider77

@DJ Johnny
    My sister was a witness. Cannot imagine any JW’s on here consider their stance on competitive sports.

DJ Johnny brought up a good point, if the witnesses come to your door and want them gone. Just say you are an apostate or have been disfellowed, they will run!

Also, wasn’t in the 1970s that they said the end was coming and a lot of people sold their houses and racked up credit card debt? Now they are not too sure…isn’t it now before all the 144,000 have ascended to heaven?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

DJ Johnny Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 4:22 pm

That’ll be my first and last comment in regard to religion.

——————————-
    Yeah, I know a couple of those people, too.

• DJ Johnny

That’s a great name for a band “Fiery Blitzkrieg of Godly Fury”….

Tonight at Mels Bowling Lanes.

• The Big Banana

As the great Al Bundy once said while answering his front door and grabbing a bat in the process ‘I hope that’s a Jehovah’s Witness…wanting to discuss hours of philosophical observation.’

• DutchRaider77

DJ Johnny
    My sister used to milk me for Bible study and did you ever go to the assemblies at the Cow Palace? HORRIBLE!

Although I did learn a lot about other religions from them, why they are bad. The reasoning book is kinda cool.

• JB

Murphy = conditional 7th round pick. Based on this it is obvious that Reggie got rid of him because of his salary and his inevitable position on the Raider WR line-up.

• TxRaider210

144,000 have ascended to heaven?
    —————
    LOL Yeah one would think heaven would have filled up long ago at 144k

• JB

The Big Banana Says:
    July 23rd, 2012 at 4:24 pm

**********************
    LMAO – let’s hear it for all the Al Bundy’s out there.

• DJ Johnny

215,I shouldn’t be mean about them cuz all of them aren’t bad people but the ones I speak of are just so cocky that they have the “Truth”.

There are some real nice ones though who are just trying to do what they think is right. I get that.

Anyway…i’ll shut up about it.

• The Big Banana

New post

• DJ Johnny

Dutch, I know I said i’d shut up about it but…. all they did was deny they ever said 1975 as the yr…when they really did.

I did my research and when i challenged certain beliefs and teachings presented to me i was branded as a “goat”.

I can’t be mean when they come to the door cuz I know 80% of them don’t wanna be there…it’s the cocky ones I have issue with.

• alzadoX

fans and reporters seem to neglect an important factor in why guys like Murphy are sent packing

Murphy was a non factor on special teams

For a backup WR that is an important factor, especially if the backup WR doesn’t fill any niche role. Murphy didn’t fill any niche role. Not a consistent red zone or possession guy; and Denarius Moore and Jacoby Ford are more consistent on vertical routes.

Murphy has a lot of physical talent, but also a long injury history dating back to college, maybe not so much mental talent.

He could be a good pickup for Carolina if healthy, or a guy who never reaches his physical potential.