Goodson released from hospital

The Raiders just announced that running back Mike Goodson was released from Queen of the Valley Medical Center and returned to the team hotel in Napa.
Here’s the statement from the Raiders:
“The Raiders received encouraging news Tuesday night from doctors treating Mike Goodson, who left the practice field with a neck injury, with movement in his extremities, during the team’s training-camp practice. Goodson’s CT scan and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) test were negative. He has returned to the team’s training-camp headquarters at the Napa Valley Marriott.”
Goodson suffered the injury as a result of a collision with strong-side linebacker Philip Wheeler midway through practice today.
Team trainers and medical personnel tended to Goodson as he lay on the field, with running back Taiwan Jones and wide receiver Denarius Moore kneeling beside Goodson.
Goodson’s facemask was removed as his head — with his helmet still on — was secured to a body board before emergency personnel summoned by the Raiders loaded him into an ambulance.

Steve Corkran

• hwnrdr

Taiwan is fast as hell, as long as the hammy doesn’t reoccur. Like I said, this may be his last chance, at least with us!

• TxRaider210

theghostronin79 Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:05 am
    CT, and MRI are Negative…….Good…..But, what happened then? What’s wrong with him? What exactly is injured? Muscle, nerve, joint?

————

I’d guess maybe he got his bell rung a bit, just not a severe concussion or anything…who knows.

• Raider J

theghostronin79 Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:05 am

+++++++++++++

Probably temperary nerve damage since Wheeler said that he heard Taiwan say something to the effect of ‘I can’t get up’

• TxRaider210

We need some updates on Crawford’s foot injury, hope we hear more on it today.

• Raider J

103. correction: Goodson not Taiwan.

• TxRaider210

I did a gnarly endo on my mountain bike last year with no helmet. Definitely rung my bell, couldn’t get up for a couple minutes, but was fine after about 5. Crappy story I know, but maybe Goodson had the 5 minute syndrome like I did.

• hwnrdr

Never a good sign when someone tells you that they cannot get up! Glad everything went ok!

• hwnrdr

TxRaider210 Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:25 am

Could be!~Hopefully!

• TxRaider210

hwnrdr Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:27 am
    TxRaider210 Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:25 am

Could be!~Hopefully!

——————

Yeah maybe, he probably saw lights after the hit and needed time to gather his thoughts. Good to know that he wasn’t totally out of it for a long time.

• r8eray

Maybe we’ll sign Justin Griffith (from the coaching staff) to a one day contract for Mondays game?

• r8eray

Just kidding…

• TxRaider210

Well if Goodson didn’t suffer a concussion, maybe there’s a chance he’s ready for Monday’s game. For some reason, I think he’ll be out there.

• hwnrdr

r8eray Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:32 am

r8eray Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:34 am
    Just kidding…

LOL!

• r8eray

Isn’t Cadillac Williams still available?

• hwnrdr

As it gets closer to Monday…darn I wish I could have gone to the game! Just to get back into the tailgating flow of things…lol! Oh well! The 25th it is!

• DJ Johnny

100.Bob Marley Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:05 am
    Dennis Allen: “Dallas has played 34 defense with an undersized nose for a lot of years now, so I don’t really worry about that.

Desmond Bryant and Christo Bilukidi got some work at nose tackle Sunday when the Raiders shifted to a 3-4 alignment.

- Remember some of us compared Dallas NT Jay Rattlif to our own Desmond Bryant back in late march? looks like we had a point.

Dallas’s D was really good the latter part of 2009; dominating everybody; that is until they met Favre in the playoffs and the ole gunslinger popped 34 on ‘em.

• DJ Johnny

114.r8eray Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:43 am
    Isn’t Cadillac Williams still available?

How about Jeff George?

• DJ Johnny

If you watch the interview on raiders.com w/ Palmer you notice that the guy has the physique of a pro wrestler…and not one of the big fat ones.

• Raider J

Nap Kaufmann is in good shape

• r8eray

DJ Johnny Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:50 am

=====

Wouldn’t know, don’t check guys out like that!

Lol…

• DJ Johnny

I understand the concern about bringing in a guy like Plaxico as far as not wanting a guy w/ attitude and ego issues, but i’d like to see us get to the point where Raiders were a team that talented guys like that could come to and the ego stuff isn’t an issue.

If Plax went to New England everyone would say how perfect a situation that is for he and the Pats, cuz the great Belichik will “keep him in line” and Plax will embrace the “Patriot Way”.

Q: How has Mike Mitchell done so far?

A: “He is getting consistent. Before, he’s always had his spurts in camps before. This one, he’s finally staying healthy and he’s out there making plays now.”

Q: defensive player to look for?

A: Defense will be Ro(lando McClain, linebacker). In this defense, he can have a Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis-type year. He’ll be straight to the ball, make tackles, get picks, have a great year.”

***

2 Raider defenders that semi pros on this blog have left for dead will rise from the ashes and dominate in 2012 !?!?

• Marks hair

116. Not to mention dallas has a pass rusher.. But at least we wont be boring

• r8eray

Raider J Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:51 am
    Nap Kaufmann is in good shape

======

Hell yeah…that way I could sport my Kaufmann jersey!

I wonder if he runs laps with the guys?

• DJ Johnny

120.r8eray Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:54 am
    DJ Johnny Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 7:50 am

=====

Wouldn’t know, don’t check guys out like that!

Lol…

Ha. As soon as I hit send on that I feared the worst. Lol.

• http://000 Bob Marley

DJ.

I guess my point is how good was that Dallas D that DA points to as an example for the undersized nose tackle? Did it really work out for them that well?.
    —————————————————–

I think he was making the point that you don’t have to be a 6’2 330, big bellied, traditional NT to suceed at the position, specially since we’ll remain a 4-3 team most of the time.

• TxRaider210

RR

I don’t question that 55 should have a break-out season, only question whether we’ve seen Huffy’s best game yet, since he’s been there longer..

• Marks hair

Plax SHOT HIMSELF… All our wrs are young and you want that dumb animal as their mentor?

• Deja vu

Glad to hear Goodson is doing well. I hope i’m wrong, but i don’t anticipate Jones being very reliable again this year. The dude is fast, no doubt..but the dude is always dinged.

I’m wondering if the Wheeler hit was a message from the D for shoving Underwood. I would hope not, seeing our O isn’t the ones that deserve severe punsishment.

We’ll prolly see a lot of DMC and L. Miller monday night. I’m sure Reggie (me included) wants to see what he has in his available rb’s live before he makes a decision on bringing in help. I personally don’t think we’re set at RB behind DMC imo. We shall see soon enough!

• DJ Johnny

128,

Nah…not really, but the guy can really do some things in the redzone.

My point was more how if he went to N.E everyone would say what a great fit it is and how those issues all of a sudden become non-issues… cuz it’s N.E.

• guest123

*******

@ Rockstar,

I like the question marks at the end, as a sneaky way out if they MM34 and Slo end up flopping. Just come out and hitch your wagons to them already.

• Marks hair

I wouldnt even play dmac. The games dont count

• Marks hair

130. Sure.. But its been true.. NE has had the midas touch since beli got there..

• Deja vu

I read an article yesterday saying Plax is asking for too much $. He’s in some tax trouble and wants to get paid.

I don’t see Reggie dishing a lot of $ out for Plax when he’s got a lot of young talent.

• DJ Johnny

If Goodson isn’t good to go Mon.nite than I don’t know who is going to take the majority workload.

-Schmitt?
    -Reece?
    -Tonga?

That leaves Miller…

• TxRaider210

I’d say Miller will be the pre-season work-horse, similar to how Rankin used to be.imo

• Marks hair

I like to think of romac & huff as “shake & bake”.. One gets shook the other burned.. Plus they sound southern.. Like el diablo & the magic man.. Now you see me now you dont!

• Marks hair

Its miller time!

• theghostronin79

==============

Might as well right? Better not give Darren more than a series anyway.

• J Hill

I think we will see a RB brought in.

Some “no name ” type.

UDFA camp body.

• TxRaider210

theghostronin79 Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 8:15 am

==============

Might as well right? Better not give Darren more than a series anyway.

——————
    Yep, Reg and DA have made smart choices thus far, so DMAC shouldn’t get much time. I do hope to see Goodson out there for a while, if he’s cleared to go.

• Marks hair

I want dmac to wear 2walking boots at all preseason games. Just to be safe..

Raiders running back Mike Goodson was taken from the field by ambulance Tuesday following a hit delivered by linebacker Philip Wheeler.

***

hey Phil, save some of that for Ryan Mathews !!

• Marks hair

I like that wheeler can hit

• DennisAllensVisor

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 8th, 2012 at 8:18 am

***

hey Phil, save some of that for Ryan Mathews !!

—-

Whoa, whoa.. McGahee, yes.

DMC, Matthews & Charles, no.. they are on my fantasy teams..

• TxRaider210

RR

Look at the camp photos day 8, there’s one of Wheeler in a drill, hair flying around. Noticed there was a chunk of paint missing from the helmet crown, probably from the hit.

“Mike Goodson had a neck injury; we’re not sure of the extent of it right now,” coach Dennis Allen said after practice. “He did have feeling in his extremities, which is good news. We’ll monitor that throughout the night.”

Goodson caught a short pass during an individual drill inside the 20-yard line, turned up field and was met by a crunching blow by Wheeler. The force of the hit knocked out Goodson’s mouth piece.

***

Wheeler looks like a safety on the field. Glad to hear he hits like a backer !!

Jamaal Charles, prepare to be IR’d (again)

• hwnrdr

Mark, I hear ya on not wanting Plax…we don’t really need him at the time and maybe he will maybe he won’t mess with the chemistry! But dod you not believe in giving anyone a second chance? Just asking bro!

• Marks hair

The D will build a swagger.. We are going to attack you.. You are going to have to adjust to what we’re doing.. And we are going to light you up..

Matthews & Charles, no.. they are on my fantasy teams..

***

@DAV

if you start them against Oakland, you deserve a punch in the mouth

I dont like donks, dolts or squaws on my team PERIOD!!