Raider Nation Celebration info

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, August 9th, 2012 at 1:33 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raider Nation Celebration is Sunday, from 1 p.m.-4, in the south parking areas of the Oakland Coliseum.

Here are some of the pertinent facts about the event:

There is no cost for admission and parking.
Also, there will be plenty of activities for children.
The 2012 Raiders will be introduced to the crowd.
The 2012 Raiderettes will perform.
Raider legends will be in attendance and visiting fans.

• alex7

with the rules designed to keep QBs from getting hit too much, I definitely agree that Palmer can be here another 5 seasons, and succeed.

• weaselbit

What is up w these bath salt people eating faces?
    Seriously

when Carson Palmer is hoisting the Super Bowl trophy, I hope he throws up a big middle finger at Kimo von Oelhoffen!!

KVO been out of the league for 5 years. A complete non-factor for the past 7 years without Dick LeBeau

• TxRaider210

alex7 Says:
    August 10th, 2012 at 12:31 pm

—————-

Yep, and another advantage could be these replacement refs not being biased towards the Nation.

• GForce21

Raider O Says:
    August 10th, 2012 at 11:23 am

Preppie,

If I ever lose my mind and decide to vist Mich aka ghetto state, I will drive to the nearest ghetto, and that will give me the same experience. Crack, crime, and Liquor/ Pawn/ check cashing stores.
    ——————————-

Sounds like you are basing Michigan off of Detriot, Saginaw and Flint.

It would be like comparing all of Ohio to Northwest Ohio.

• The Beeech Dawg

Yo, it’s now Showtime in the West for the next 5 years easy, running n gunnin’, fast break Lakers shake and bake all takers

The Clips and OKC will battle it out for our table scraps, holla

And the Heat have NO answer for Nash and Dwight, Pau is going to ruin Bosh STRAIGHT UP. Anyone think Kobe won’t destroy Bron Bron in crunch time? Yo, backhand to your SKULL

Yo, this stripper BJ I’m about to get after I squeeze out a fresh duecer is going to feel hella good, words

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Arkansas police investigate whether handcuffed man fatally shot himself in back of patrol car

By Associated Press, Published: August 7

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Police in Arkansas are investigating whether a man fatally shot himself in the head as he sat in the backseat of a patrol car with his hands cuffed behind his back.

——————–
    C’mon now.

• 504 Raider

Yeah Rockstar, Iverson is my guy. My favorite All Time.

I went to a Hornets game vs the Nuggets when A.I. was there and I was probably the only cat in the Arena with a Philly A.I. Jersey. Good friend of mind is cool with JR Smith who got us down to the hallway outside the locker room. Iverson smiled when he saw my Philly jersey, signed it and gave me dap/hug. And the icing on the cake was the pic we took right after.

It was a group pic of me, A.I., Chris Paul, JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony was leaning on the hallway wall looking like a gang banger with blue jeans , blue fitted and a pendleton.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

There is no reason to think Palmer could not play for the next 7-8 years fairly easily. The thing most fans fail to realize is by getting Palmer there was no ramp up time, meaning we didn’t have to wait 2-4 years for Palmer to develop. While last season was basically a waste, at least Palmer could get acclimated to the Raider org.

the Heat have NO answer for Nash and Dwight

***

@ Beeech Dawg

it’s not about the Lakers. it’s about the Heat

last year the Thunder wrecked the Lakers, then the Heat wrecked the Thunder!

the big 3 Bosh, James & Wade were all battling injuries during last postseason and still got it done. They are healthy now and they’ve just added Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen & Justin Hamilton.

Lakers might win the west, but thats a big MIGHT.

Still dont think it makes them the favorite for a championship. We’ll revisit this in April

• weaselbit

@707 KoolKell
    What’s amazing to me w this story is that the way things are, these guys figured they would get away w it. Nobody’s so stupid that they would try to say a handcuffed man was able to get into a patrolcar w a loaded gun and somehow shoot himself w cuffs on behind his back unless they knew their police force and internal affairs had their back. Sad that things are like this now.

• Marks hair

Hahahahaha! Stupid nba … Another Laker banner will soon rise!

• The Beeech Dawg

Just another day of trolling for ol KrappyRat

That’s cool, the Beeech Dawg is livin’ large, smoking phat Purple N Gold blunts

Y’all KNOW what time it is

The Lexus Luxury Box is gonna be hella rockin’ this year, always get sweet hand jiggidies during the 3rd quarter

Just keepin’ it real

• JB

Palmer + Reggie McKenzie + New Coaching staff – Bresnahan = at least 2 SB victories over next 6-8 years.

• lefty12

Hahahahaha! Stupid nba
    ————————–
    LOL-somebody finally has it right.

cool, 504

I havent seen Iverson live since Halloween of like 2004 when he played against the Kings at Arco

• hwnrdr

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 10th, 2012 at 12:33 pm

The funny thing about that one is…years later, it happened to Tom Brady, the year when Cassell took over. It was then that they decided to make it a rule! WTF?

• Marks hair

Ha ha ha Ha!!

JB,

where is your buddy Sean?

• weaselbit

Nash is killer.
    Got a bad back though.
    Spends a lot of time laying on the floor cause he can’t sit down in a chair then play.
    Probably spends 40% of the game (or more) laying there.
    Then again Suns are dreadfully mismanaged.
    Nash has put up w it for years.
    Hope he gets one.

• r8eray

Marks Hair Says:
    August 10th, 2012 at 12:40 pm
    Hahahahaha! Stupid nba … Another Laker banner will soon rise!

======

Not 1, not 2, not 3….Lol!!!

Us L.A. cats are spoiled…we got the Dodgers, Lakers, USC and the Kings(who just won Stanley)!!

BTW…I got my Raiders too!

;)

• JB

Sean ?

@ ray

Raiders moving back to LA?

• The Beeech Dawg

RR, this has gotta be your worst nightmare

The Lake Show will dominate the NBA for the next 5 years, launching that Purple N Gold wrecking ball through the West then unplugging the Heat

Rashard Lewis? He was toast 3 years ago. Even Wikipedia laughed when I typed in Justin Hamilton.

I’d take Antawn Jamison over both those goofs any day of the week

Ray Allen was a good get, but he can’t guard Nash and he sure can’t double down on Superman

Brah, the banners are being sown, #17 is coming in 2013, time to join Laker Nation

FIZZLE FIZZLE WHO?

• hwnrdr

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 10th, 2012 at 12:46 pm
    @ ray

Raiders moving back to LA?

NOPE!

• r8eray

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 10th, 2012 at 12:46 pm
    @ ray

Raiders moving back to LA?

====

I don’t think so…but if the Dolts do, I would only have to travel 4 hours (Las Vegas) instead of 5.5!!!

• weaselbit

Why would they move to LA when you know they’re going to sell out every game this year?

Optimism is in the air.

• hwnrdr

Let me ask you guys this…seriously!
    IF Mark Davis either moves the team back to LA or sells the team to whoever and relocates them back to LA…would you all still follow?

• lefty12

—————————————-
    And in the near future you will also have the Chargers.Will you SoCal guys constantly fill this OAKLAND Raider board with Charger chatter when they return home?

• weaselbit

I would.
    But only if they stay in California.
    Prefer Oakland.

• TxRaider210

hwnrdr Says:
    August 10th, 2012 at 12:49 pm
    Let me ask you guys this…seriously!

——————

I’d still follow the Raiders, but I’ll put it this way…please let it be the Dolts.

• hwnrdr

But we are a Nation! :)

• JB

watch a little of the Bears/Broncos game last night. In looking at Josh McKown playing, it just reminded me of how low we set the bar in some of our past years. Oh yes, in addition to Soup & MBush, they also had McKown & Ware. A lot of Oakland back-ups & rejects. What are they becoming, Oakland’s farm team?

• Thec

patrol car

By Associated Press, Published: August 7

——————–
    C’mon now.

++++++++++=

The guy had “special powers”. How else could you conceal a weopon after being serched twice, sit handcuffed in the back of a police car and then shoot yourself in the back of the head.

• The Beeech Dawg

R8

PM PARTY PARTROL N FULL EFFECT

Brah, when the Raiders return to their rightful home in LA, I’ll be partying every game day in my new box at Farmer’s Field

Cruise down for my pre parties, all PMPP members are invited. We’ll smoke blunts, let strippers grind on our weiners, and enjoy extreme fajitas with never-ending nacho cheese dippers

Can’t wait to drop major turd bombs in those brand new FF latrines, holla

• JR

I don’t believe somebody still wants to make excuses for the big fat guy with the fur coat that used to try to play QB for the Raiders.

Nothing better to do?

I hope its not the old black and white thing again, but I’ll try to put it in black and white for you: the guy was no good.

• r8eray

Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour is worried about the replacement officials the NFL has hired, questioning whether the league has taken care to hire people who not only understand the rules of the NFL, but will apply those rules fairly.

“I think the integrity of the game is at stake,” Seymour told USA Today. “You never know who they know and who they’re connected to. And who are their favorite teams. To just say we’ve got some new guys coming in, who knows? They might admire Peyton Manning.”

It seems rather unlikely that some official who’s a Peyton Manning fan would consciously decide to make calls to help Manning. But it is a concern that the NFL has apparently relaxed its normal standards in hiring replacement officials while the regular officials and the NFL are involved in a contract dispute. Seymour says he’s worried about second-rate officials making big mistakes.

“It’s just the unknown,” he says. “I’m not a fan of the replacements. Our regular refs, they work so hard to prepare themselves all throughout the year. They put in a ton of work to compete at the highest level. I want the best of the best.”

At the moment, the best of the best are watching NFL games from home.

• Just Fire Baby

Bath salts are synthetic forms of Cocaine, just like this Spyce stuff is snythetic THC.

Having smoked a boatload of the Spyce stuff before struggling to kick it, it is no bueno.

Pretty much oregano sprayed with formaldehyde and rocket fuel.

• r8eray

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 10th, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Pretty much oregano sprayed with formaldehyde and rocket fuel.

=========

I wonder what would happen if you sprinkle some bath salt on top of some (leño) Spyce?

;)

• RAIDERMAN99

Debo, I get that you believe JaMoron was a victim of circumstance and that this, more than anything, led to his demise.

I get that you believe the Raids gave up on him too soon and should have continued to try to salvage something out of him.

I’m still not sure what your explanation for JaMoron apparently being done at the age of 26 or so is.

There’s got to be a reason there’s been virtually no interest in him, and if there was – why hasn’t he made an attempt to resurrect his career ?

I’ll check back later for your response. This should be good.

• HGDaddy

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur

Knapp on undrafted WR Rod Streater: “Give credit where it’s due. Reggie McKenzie and the scouting department found a gem.”

new post