1,196

Allen says McFadden will get even more work

Raiders running back Darren McFadden allayed any concerns about his long layoff within a three-play span, yet that didn’t earn him time off in the remaining exhibition games.
In those three plays Monday night, McFadden netted 4 yards on a run, 18 on a catch-and-run play in which he lined up as a wide receiver and 16 on a burst around the left side.
This came in his first game since a severe foot injury last October. McFadden missed the final nine games last season as a result of the injury to his right foot.
Despite McFadden’s impressive showing against the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night, coach Dennis Allen said McFadden still needs even more work in game settings between now and the regular-season opener Sept. 11.
“Darren needs to get his touches so that he goes into the regular season ready to go,” Allen said in a conference call, “and that’s the most important thing for him is to make sure he’s fully ready to roll when the opening game comes off on Monday night.”
McFadden has said that he welcomes as many touches as he can get before the first regular-season game.
It’s likely that Allen will indulge McFadden with a handful Friday night against the Arizona Cardinals and several more in the third game before shutting down McFadden for the exhibition finale.

– Veteran running back Cedric Benson signed with the Green Bay Packers, but not before he received overtures from the Raiders and Detroit Lions, he claims.
Benson told FoxSportsWisconsin.com that he opted for the Packers because he felt as if they give him the best chance to play for a Super Bowl-winning team.
“Both teams that needed backs,” Benson said. “They talk about a Super Bowl around here, not about winning their first playoff game.”
That, presumably, was in reference to the Lions and Raiders struggling in recent seasons. The Raiders last appeared in the playoffs in 2002.
Benson’s name has been linked to the Raiders for some time before he signed with the Packers.
However, the Raiders never professed any interest in Benson, other than saying that they evaluate every free agent.
Speculation kicked into high gear in light of injuries suffered by backup backs Taiwan Jones (hamstring) and Mike Goodson (neck) the first two weeks of training camp.

– Allen said Goodson “probably” will be back at practice Wednesday after missing the past week.
Goodson suffered his injury last Aug. 7, when he collided with outside linebacker Philip Wheeler on a short pass over the middle.
Goodson was immobilized on the field and taken by ambulance to Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa. Tests returned negative, and Goodson was released the same day.
“If he’s able to practice this week, we’ll get him in the game and let him play against Arizona,” Allen said.

– Rookie wide receiver Rod Streater caught six passes for 66 yards on Monday night. Still, Allen said he reserved judgment until watching tape of the game.
“Well, I thought he did a nice job,” Allen said. “He executed like he’s been executing all of camp, caught the ball well, was able to get up the field and not a lot of wasted movement. So, Rod Streater, he played really well.”
Streater has gone from an undrafted free agent to a player that appears to be a lock to make the 53-man roster.

– Center Stefen Wisniewski’s calf injury is a day-to-day situation, Allen said. Therefore, it’s possible that Wisniewski will play Friday night.
Wisniewski left the Cowboys game Monday night after only one series. He received treatment on the sideline and watched the remainder of the game from that vantage point.

– Allen said he agreed with quarterback Carson Palmer’s decision-making process on the first-quarter pass that Cowboys safety Gerald Sensabaugh intercepted. He wasn’t as sold on receiver Jacoby Ford’s aggressiveness in making a play on the ball.
“It wasn’t a double coverage situation,” Allen said in defense of Palmer. “It was a thing you coach a quarterback to do, to take a shot when you get those situations.
“Jacoby could have been a little bit better at the end of the route there trying to break that thing up. Overall, you’re going to take that shot, and we want to be aggressive there.”
Ford was unavailable for comment Monday night and Tuesday.

– Rookie defensive end Jack Crawford was active for Monday night’s game. However, Allen said, he was held out because of lingering soreness.

Steve Corkran

• Just Fire Baby

I gave up on “reality” TV when I found out the “G’s” on from G’s to Gents were fakes.

Nearly crushed me.

• 8RaiderReign8

Sullivan44 Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 1:34 pm
    RaiderReign,

preseason hasn’t even started yet.
    ____________________________________

Yeah I know. Monday was a total scrub game, but I noticed what I noticed

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

666,

…..Remember, Kenny lives. He’s incognito with the bleached hair, like Pony Boy.

• eastoaklandraider

and for everybody down on TP the guy wont even see the field barring injury for another two yaers so he has plenty of time to develop his game and he is in the perfect situation to do so. once again calm down nation.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

A show about a pawn shop in Mich?
    What’s next?
    A show about a crack dealer and his customers from Mich?
    A show about stealing talent from the great state of Ohio?

• http://www.djsulli.com/ Silverandblack666

I found a link for season 4.

That was good info Sullie maybe we can be BBFF

• DJ Johnny

1150.Sullivan44 Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 1:35 pm
    I can’t believe it, but I’ve never even watched 8 mile in its entirety. And I’m a huge Eminem fan. I didn’t like it when Eminem started getting serious, though. I liked his first two albums.

Did u at least watch the ending?

• RaidingTexas

Jesusraiderjim Says:

Think he sent Romo a thank you card?

———————-

Haha! There is a lot of arguing on the radio here about whose fault it is. Romo? Free? Garrett?

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

666, I’ll be getting cable back for certain when Eastbound comes back. Right now I’m all about the rabit ears, and just hawking whatever I can off the web.

• DJ Johnny

1155.Raider O Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 1:39 pm
    A show about a pawn shop in Mich?
    What’s next?
    A show about a crack dealer and his customers from Mich?
    A show about stealing talent from the great state of Ohio?

Watch out for the new reality show about insurance agents who sit in their office and collect premiums from people. It will be compelling to watch the subtle interactions between the agent and his customers.

• hwnrdr

Raider O Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 1:39 pm
    A show about a pawn shop in Mich?
    What’s next?
    A show about a crack dealer and his customers from Mich?
    A show about stealing talent from the great state of Ohio?

LOL, O! One, those players made their choice, two, competing schools do that all the time! You know this bro!

• J Hill

Anyone????

3rd string QB in the league better than Pryor????

• realtruraider

He didn’t panick.. His Wrs weren’t open often

——————————————————

Could be true, I wasn’t at the game so like you said we couldn’t see what was going on with the WRs watching it on TV

• Dakota

1136.Sullivan44 Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 1:30 pm
    666,

Eastbound is actually doing another season. How awesome is that?

+++++++++

Oh gawd no. I’ll have to watch it since I watched the first three seasons….but I am not looking forward to it.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Eastbound coming back. Now that just have to do a Sopranos movie, and my life’s complete. Show’s creator never ruled it out. lol.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

J Hill Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Quick question….

Which team out there has a better 3rd string QB than we do?
    ——————————-
    I’d say at least Denver & KC since they put up 31 & 27 pts respectively

• Just Fire Baby

Dallas’ 3rd stringer McGee looked just as Shatty as Pryor did.

I wouldn’t mind the Jets 3rd guy, McElroy from ‘Bama.

Soup might be #3 in Chicago, depending on who you ask.

• eastoaklandraider

where are all the pro criner guys at been pretty quiet lately huh but he’S a starter right? lol

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Reality TV?!
    You People are killing me…

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Plaxico, 1 year contract. Announcement expected by late afternoon today, in my dreams.

• DJ Johnny

…”Agents of Mercy” the new reality show that follows the exciting and intriguing aspects of a bored insurance agent and the customers who come in to his office.

Sparks fly on this weeks show when Mrs. Jones tries to change her decutible….

• eastoaklandraider

J Hill Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 1:43 pm
    Anyone????

3rd string QB in the league better than Pryor????
    —————–
    have no idea

• Just Fire Baby

FKN Lincecum!!!

2-2 game, runner on 3rd, two outs, 0-2 count to the #7 hitter, and he throws a fastball right down the middle of the plate.

WTF is wrong with you!!!!!

• J Hill

4 possibles …

with all the cries to cut Pryor I would think there would be a few dozen names off the top.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

A’s expected to sign Barry Bonds as DH, late this afternoon, in my acid trip.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Criner = Stud
    Streater = Beast

One of them will start by the end of the season.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

J Hill Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Quick question….

Which team out there has a better 3rd string QB than we do?
    ————————
    Maybe every team in the NFL, since we were the only team not to score.

• realtruraider

LOL, Kell is still beating that drum, I put the over/under at 50 on how many times he post how many points Denver and KC put up, has to be getting close to the over by now, LMFAO!

• Dakota

1148.J Hill Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 1:35 pm
    Quick question….

Which team out there has a better 3rd string QB than we do?
    +++++++++++++

Who cares about 3rd string QBs? Especially other team’s shyyyyyty 3rd stringers?

Also, I doubt most 3rd string QBs were 3rd round picks….

TP = a lot of wasted comments on a guy who will never make a meaningful impact on our team. Can’t even compete with “draft bust” Leinart as the 2nd string QB.

No hope for that kid.

• Twinkle

Riff…. damn right you’ve given me all your reasons and stats and data that you base your opinion on…that is why I respect your opinion…disagree with it completely but respect it.
    I have touched on why I believe what I do but the real reason I don’t care for either of em is the loyalty to the team/man who put them in the position to even be somewhat relevant is non existent.
    Ho’s in other words.Took the money and the fame that comes with and then comment publicly in a negative fashion when they could have picked up the phone and given AL an earful in person and said nothing to the press.
    I’m truly sorry you did not get to see the Snake etal
    play……coz believe me I just does not get any better than that.
    Gotta put this sumb!tch to bed for the sake of the my fellow bloggers…all the best man and 1NATION #1

• Just Fire Baby

Chiefs 3rd string: Ricky Stanzi
    Bronco’s: Brock Osweiler

I would rather have both over Pryor

• eastoaklandraider

looks like streater my be better than criner. at least he didnt drop wide open pass.lol

• Just Fire Baby

I wouldn’t be suprised if Stanzi starts a few games for the Chiefs this season.

Cassel ain’t happening to me.

• realtruraider

——————————————————

I haven’t seen alot of cut Pryor talk, just alot of he looked awful, which he did. I do think he is better than he looked Monday but he has alot of work to do and I think he will put in the work, I hope it will pay off

• morilla

Colts 3rd stringer, Mr. Irrelevant.

• J Hill

Go ahead and mark Dakota down for a long winded no team has a better 3rd string QB.

OBVIOUSLY a lot of people care about the 3rd string guy because it’s generating a lot of commentary.

I’m just trying to figure out where this line of stud, or even decent QB prospects is that we will be able to replace Pryor from.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

J,

When did you join the TP fan club?
    Glad to have you bro.

• DJ Johnny

1185.morilla Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 1:54 pm
    Colts 3rd stringer, Mr. Irrelevant.

Chandler Harnish out of NIU. I’ve seen him play. He’s not that bad actually. Threw a nice TD in Colts pre-season opener.

• eastoaklandraider

the only reason pryor generates so much attention is becuz he was projected to be a first rounder at one point.

• DJ Johnny

We need a new post. My typing is slowing down now.

• DJ Johnny

I love the fact that Pryor is so hard on himself and expects so much more.

He really wants to make it in this league and make a mark.

He’s not just cashing a paycheck.

• Twinkle

Dakota …starting to sound like a fishwife here but dude is basically a rube 22 year old kid that comes in at 6’4″ 235 lbs runs a 40 in pads at 4.4 and has a cannon
    for an arm.He sits behind two heisman trophy winners from the PAC 10 and costs about as much to the team as toilet paper for training camp.We actually have the luxury of teaching this kid his trade with no pressure
    on the poor bastard…..as it stands now.Things will change but this is how it used to be done.

Don Strock gets blindsided by a late hit in Pittsburg and Shula has to go to his rookie 1st round pick…Bob Griese…Griese gets the play calls it in huddle looks
    up to read the D.Standing right in front of him….crazed look on his face….snot hanging 6″ from his nostrils….and smelling like an open sewer pipe…is Mr J.Lambert….whispering in only the way that Lambert could….Boy…Your A$$ is mine…..all
    mine.
    Griese promptly froze solid …forgot snap count and forced Shula to call a TO.

True story…Fish get smeared in the coal mines again.

• ottocrat

“…McFadden still needs even more work in game settings between now and the regular-season opener Sept. 11″

Tuesday Night Football?

• Raidernationdave

1 “atta boy” for you Slow!

+++++++++++++++++++++

“Witten apparently got hurt after he caught a pass from a scrambling Tony Romo and was immediately hit from the side by Oakland linebacker Rolando McClain. The play resulted in a 2-yard loss.”

• dvrick

Sullivan44 Says:
    August 15th, 2012 at 11:04 am
    Raiders are chokers and Jokers.

• Pingback: Overlooked Rookie WRs Who Can Make or Break Your Fantasy Draft in Late Rounds | :: Sparxxrx LLC ::