Palmer addresses struggles

Had to get back upstairs before Carson Palmer emerged from the shower to address the Raiders 31-27 loss to the Arizona Cardinals, but here’s what he had to say after going 13-for-24 for 107 yards, missing an open Darren McFadden for one potential touchdown and throwing an interception that was returned 60 yards for another:

“We need to look at this film and continue to get better and improve and I just need to score more points. There are some things we can clean up that are pretty obvious,” Palmer said. “We had some good things we can improve on also.”

Regarding the turnovers _ Mike Goodson lost a pair of fumbles to go along with Palmer’s interception, he said. “We had some turnovers and and a couple of penalties, and a penalty on a first down puts you in a big hole. There are some things here and there that we need to clean up. When we move the ball like we did, you need to get points out of it. We just need keep our eye on the red zone and keep working on it. We need to get better and get ready for next week.”

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Streater had 7 receptions for a mere 43yds. Dink & Dunk.

• Thec

1 NATION

• aig-raiders

There were a few times where guys were open that Palmer didnt get them the ball. Seems like Palmer was really going to one read…Streater.

CP3 needs to get better. Plain and simple.

Streater…I got mad love for this kid. What a steal.

• realtruraider

realtruraider Says:
    August 17th, 2012 at 11:33 pm
    Only thing i’m worried about is our special teams , even our long snapper is bad… everything else is going to be alright, and we will see a real D for once lol

——————————————————

Yeah, WTF is going on with Condo? Every snap is fkin high, I started holding my breath when he would snap the ball, lol. He was/is the best longsnapper in the league. I want to blame coaching on the special teams units, I mean they all look bad, but how could a pro bowl snapper all of a sudden suck at it? IDK

• 505raiders

would have like to have seen one good executed drive by the 1st string o wit cp3 in field general mode maybe next week

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Palmer continues to suck and it is painful to watch. Still think he is elite AIG?

comically sad

• mcfadden20.

realtruraider Says:
    August 17th, 2012 at 11:39 pm

realtruraider Says:
    August 17th, 2012 at 11:33 pm

——————————————————

You replied to ur self

• Kirk

As long as we have McFadden, the O will be ok.

When we lose him, look out.

Defense will be much better than last year I think.

• Marks hair

Stinkfest 2012

• blackandsilverside

The same confused, chaotic, and nasty mess we saw last week: just where we left off last season.

Same as I predicted, Jack-Azz Jacoby injured again, with CP throwing another bone-headed INT.

Of course Leinart is injured, and Goodson the fumbler prevailed.

C’mon Reggie, you are starting to look real stupid, along with Mark (who is as dingy as AD in his latter years). Allen and Greg Knapp look like Abbott and Costello, while DMAC didn’t do much.

I always said we would rue the day we let Michael Bush go. As I said before, we should package Moore, Ford, Seymour and Goodson and try to get either a decent CB or RB.

This won’t be fixed, and what you see tonight, you’ll see on opening day.

Finally, Carson Palmer, blew it again tonight; he appears to be as mediocre as I have been saying he is.

Overall, we are in a deep hole here.

• Kirk

If this is how Knapp calls a game in the regular season….yikes!

• realtruraider

Im actually not to worried about CP3 for some reason, he did have a decent drive and should of had a TD too DHB, but the DB made a good play and got his hand in there, then Streater looked to seal the drive with a TD with a nice catch that ended up not being a catch. DMC would of scored too but he lead him just a tad to much.

• mcfadden20.

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    August 17th, 2012 at 11:44 pm

comically sad

—-

to be honest, his mistakes are fixable , it’s not like he’s having hard time reading Ds or stuff, he’s just forcing some plays deep , he want’s to connect deep really bad, but he will be fine , he won’t be making those stupid throws into DP when real games start

• blackandsilverside

Before tuning into Raider v. AZ I watched the first half of Ravens v. Lions. It was a good game. Both teams put together cogent, productive drives. Both defenses made great plays.

I also watched the 4th quarter with the rookies and 2nd and 3rd stringers; both sides put excellent drives together on O, and stopped the other side with excellent D.

Why can’t we do anything right?? Why do we look like total amateurs playing the Keystone Cops out there?

It’s the curse of AD. Just as he could not stand anyone related to the Raiders to shine above him, he’s asserting dead-hand control from the grave to ensure we fail.

• El Dirty

Honestly we look awful. The tempo is bad… The effort is worse. Oh yeah f charged up

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

PLEASE DO NOT PLAY LIENART ANOTHER SNAP. Palmer needs to play the entire 1st half next week, and pryor the 2nd

• blackandsilverside

Screw CP. I thought he had something left. All you worshippers, sh.t and fall back in it.

The best you’ve see CP was last year, lost 6 out 7.

Dude is a clown, and that is a fact.

• mcfadden20.

realtruraider Says:
    August 17th, 2012 at 11:46 pm

—-

True, our O will be fine, Knapp is just calling what ever plays, they don’t have any game plan or anything , just trying to get players get acclimated to the play book and trying to see how they adjust, and also the all of them are learning a new playbook , so we’ll be alright ,

• realtruraider

mcfadden20. Says:
    August 17th, 2012 at 11:44 pm
    realtruraider Says:
    August 17th, 2012 at 11:39 pm

realtruraider Says:
    August 17th, 2012 at 11:33 pm

——————————————————

You replied to ur self

——————————————————-

LOL, No I didn’t, not sure why it came out that way, I believe I responded to your post, no?

• Marks hair

14. Agreed

• realtruraider

Alright I see what I did there, lol. Im not drunk enough obviously

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Mcfadden20. Says:
    August 17th, 2012 at 11:46 pm
    Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    August 17th, 2012 at 11:44 pm

comically sad

—-

=======================

he wont? Why wont he, he made the same mistakes last year to the tune of 16 picks. he is now 18 picks in 10 starts.

Lest stop making excuses for palmer.

• Marks hair

Curse od AD

• realtruraider

Mistic

Its the 3rd preseason game, Palmer will play 3 quarters, and if Lienart is healthy he will probaly play the last one. This is how teams have done it for years man, jeeesh

• blackandsilverside

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    August 17th, 2012 at 11:44 pm

comically sad
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The rusty haired MOF playing for Cincy is world’s above CP. That is why I have always said Hue the Pimpin Magnificient really f’ed us with this idiot trade. Paying Palmer $11M/yr is bullcr.p.

I would give him an ax handle upside the head, and a tar and feathering on his way out of town.

Charlatan!

• El Dirty

Carsons reads r slow. He’s playing like a rookie qb. He seems like he doubts himself. The running backs r such a fall off after mcfadden. The d- line can’t be the only unit we have on the defense. People need to step up. I can see the tempo on the field. It’s not good. The play calling is awful. To many give UPS on 4th and 1. I know the plays will be more in the season but still u should be able to execute vanilla.

• blackandsilverside

And once CP is run out of town by the procedure described above maybe we should include Reggie, DA, and Greg Knapp.

I swear, the partners in the entity that comprise the “Oakland Raiders” should file a derivative action, and turn Mark Davis out for negligence, oppression various breaches of various duties, such as having the unmitigated gall of assuming that someone or something will invest $1.5B building the clown show called the Raiders a new stadium.

It’s really time the Raiders divorced the Davis’.

• redshirt

what’s up with all you dweebs and your spelling errors? mouthbreathers

• blackandsilverside

The Davis’ other partners should force the Davis out of the partnership, or at least assert ultimate control which discounts Mark Davis from making any decisions.

The “new” Raiders should then forfeit the season and put together a real organization with real talent in the staff and roster.

Twenty-eight yrs of this is enough. Enough is enough. I have really had with our current backslide. I am wondering why would Mark Davis, DA and Reggie bring in a re-hashed OC like Greg Knapp. Dude is out of it.

When I first heard Reggie speak after he was hired I was alarmed as to his intelligence and aptitude for strategic planning. He can’t even speak English properly, using double negatives, run on sentences etc.

On the other hand DA speaks fairly fluently but ALWAYS uses “that” instead of “who” or “whom”: “He’s a guy that brings a lot to the game”: should be “He’s a guy WHO brings a lot to the game.”

What can expect when top managers can’t even speak properly using incorrect syntax and grammar while inserting “ya know” and “like” 4 or 5 times per minute?

When I heard Reggie and DA speak I had great doubts.

What we can expect is what is happening now: lack of intelligence and common sense.

We really need to ditch the Davis’ and fire all the incompetents including Reggie and DA, and start entirely from scratch.

• coolmalik

BRING BACK HUE!!!

• rodn5yn

To

To Blackandsilverside

What does any of that have to do with football

• AutmWind

Why does everyone overreact on this site!? Its beyond frustrating to see our “loyal fans” cave in and give up the rest of the season. People stop being fair weather fans and be patient, things are changing with the raiders and I have all the faith in the world that things will get better. People also have to realize that offensive and defensive coordinators are only using part of their play books so were only getting a taste of what’s to come. Last years pre season sucked and we came out on fire at the beginning of the season, yes things were different offensively and defensively but be patient watch the young players and appreciate that fact that were watching raider football in August.

• cwolfman

I agree AutmWind…. So many people are ready to fire the whole staff and right off the season after 2 preseason games. Nice fans! Maybe they should remember a few things… First – The Raiders had just played on Monday and then had Tuesday off, which gave them only two days to practice. They didn’t even have time to install an offensive scheme. Nor did CP have time to study Arizona’s defense. Second – AZ had already played 2 preseason games, and they had more then two days of practice.

Dang guys… Have a little patients, and at least wait until there is a regular season game played before you jump off the ledge. Was I happy watching that sloppy crud play last night? Heck no! But, I also realize this is “Preseason,” and that is what preseason is for; to make the mistakes and iron out the wrinkles.

Wolfman

• HeroRaider

Lets just say that we need to evaluate what we have seen so far. Palmer needs to get into come kind of consistency with his passing offense including receivers that is not named Streater. Can we say that he has improved from the Dallas game? yes, Lets see what he and the receivers do against Detroit. We know its a new offensive of scheme for him, Palmer looks uncomfortable, indecisive, and footwork looks horrible so far. Hopefully he can get into a comfortable state like Lienart’s understanding of the offense and Play better.

• Little Bech 83

Blackandsilverside, SHUT YOUR CLOWN ASK UP!

• Little Bech 83

Damn you people overreacting like a bunch of schoolyard babies!… Are you serious right now?!… Yeah, let’s fire the whole staff, including the GM, and kick Palmer to the curve! That’s be the DUMBEST thing to do. . Oh, and what was that trade someone threw out there….package Moore, Seymour, Goodson, and Ford for another RB or CB…?!?! Yeah, you know football buddy. If I was the monitor I’d kick you out for such a moronic suggestion. It’s crap like that that gets people so fired up, as I am now. . . I don’t even get on message boards, and all that, but I had to create and post in response to all this whining. This is ridiculous. . Be patient. Give ‘em a chance. I actually have good faith and high hopes for this team and staff.

• smittstyles

Blackandsilverside,

Man, it’s preseason. Palmer hasn’t been nearly as bad as you make it out to be; he had two TD passes dropped, three more dropped the week before by Ford (one of which the effort caused the INT). Sure he makes some bad decisions but he’s still got a solid arm. Against AZ he wasn’t slow on his reads; there were two separate occasions he scanned the field and dropped it off because nobody was open. Our defense is looking extremely solid, and the offense is fine when DMAC is in the game. Stop being so damned negative all the time. And seriously, Al Davis reaching from the grave? Get over it. The guy is dead. Show some respect.