Practice notes from Wednesday

Here is a list of the players who either weren’t at practice or weren’t practicing during the 30-minute window permitted the media today: wide receivers Jacoby Ford (foot) and Denarius Moore (hamstring), fullback Rashawn Jackson (hip), linebacker Aaron Curry (knees), center Stefen Wisniewski (calf), tackle Ed Wang (shoulder), tackle Zach Hurd (head), tight end Richard Gordon (unknown), defensive tackle Richard Seymour (unknown) and defensive tackle Jamie Cumbie (foot).
The Raiders are practicing for another hour or so. At the conclusion of practice, the media are slated to interview offensive coordinator Greg Knapp, defensive coordinator Jason Tarver and numerous players.
At that point, I will provide a lengthy post about coach Dennis Allen’s take on the portion of practice — full-team drills — closed to the media, as well as other topics of interest.
The Raiders practice in Napa on Thursday for the final time. They resume their preseason work Monday in Alameda at their year-round facility. They are off Friday and Sunday, with a game against the Detroit Lions on Saturday night at the Coliseum.
The Lions game marks the final game with the Raiders for 12 players, given the first roster cuts are Monday. Teams are required to be at a maximum of 75 players by Monday afternoon.
The final roster cuts are Aug. 31, when teams are required to pare their rosters to 53. Players cut that day are subject to a 24-hour waiver period. If they clear waivers, they can be signed to the practice squad Sept. 1, provided they meet the criteria.

Steve Corkran

• purvisman

ohioraider Says:Really?
    And what was Al’s record for the past 20 years? ////////////////////Actually, about average including the dark years. Average sucks for a true Raider fan. But he gave us better years than ANY other owner or GM. You’re young, hang tight. your time will come.

• Twinkle

East didn’t Benson say that he wanted to dance with a winner or something to that effect?

• RaiderRob

Silverandblack666 Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:03 pm

“You hated on Al Davis daily, for years and years. Stupidly posting his record, dozens of times a day, over and over,especially when you started getting slapped around, hoping to change the subject.”

NOT only did he do exactly what you said he stooped even lower….He posted Al Davis physical address on this blog the day he died!!

I am not kidding!
    ++++++
    I remember that.
    The ultimate dis-respect.

• jesusraiderjim

98.McFaddens_Sneakers Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:13 pm
    “What we can tell you is that there was not enough compelling evidence gathered on scene, through statements or physical evidence, to make the investigators comfortable with an arrest on the 57-year-old male”
    How can you shoot someone in the face and dont have physical evidence to make an arrest.

——————————————–

• raiderinparadise

I dont care what any of you say/think Miles Burris isn’t ready to play everydown in the NFL at LB … no wayyyyyyyy !!!!!! Curry needs to get healthy fast.

• McFaddens_Sneakers

Twinkle>>> he did say that i believe raiders and Lions made him an offer but he took a pass. Also I doubt that CP wants to play with chad again.

• Twinkle

Purvisman….good stuff.

• jesusraiderjim

Not after he head butted his old lady, that would be bad for our REP seriously

• eastoaklandraider

People who wanna know when did seymour take over a game? Try his first game against the chargers on MNF. That game he dominated. Haven’t seen much of that since but I’m still a fan and hope he can stay healthy so he doesn’t have any excuses if he doesn’t have a good year.

• purvisman

Thanks, Twinkle.

• McFaddens_Sneakers

jesusraiderjim
    Same way you shoot someone in the head in the back seat of a squad car when he is cuffed and say he commited suicide. >>>> Heard about that one. its crazy how they let some people get away with sh!* like that. that old man should have been arrested if you shoot someone on the face with a shootgun it is not an accident. Im just sayin

• Twinkle

McFaddens_Sneakers Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:20 pm

+++++++++++++++++++++
    I was just skipping through the news and saw something to that effect.Palmer saying Chad would be a great fit
    and he loves the dude etc etc but no spot available blah blah…sounded like you are right on.

• The Beeech Dawg

Dang Dawgs, Avril Lavigne is marrying that nerd from Nickleback?

I’d mount that pale broad and take her for a sweet test drive down Beeech Diggity Lane

Just keeping it real

• eastoaklandraider

Twinkle Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:18 pm

___________

This is correct but if we would have contacted him sooner maybe we could have signed him before GB entered the picture.

• Twinkle

East I am 100% with you on Seymour…I’m a fan of Big Rich but lotta folks here that know and see a lot more than I are really down on the man.When ya make the most ya better get on it I suppose.Hope he brings it right out of the gate.

• raiderinparadise

eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:24 pm

———–

KC LAST YEAR, two blocked FG’s big game on defense too. kept us alive for playoffs.

• Twinkle

Yeah I couldn’t figure out why a 1000 yard back for the last 3 years hung around in FA like an old Ho at a christening.Someone here said they heard a rumor that the dude is gay.That would be an issue I imagine.

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:26 pm
    Dang Dawgs, Avril Lavigne is marrying that nerd from Nickleback?

Just keeping it real
    ——-
    OMG, I know! That is like marrying KoolKell and passing on the Klas.

• The Beeech Dawg

Yo, any of your nerds ever burp and simultaneously pop out a turd in the hot tub?

Then a wasted stripper sees it float to the top and barfs into another wasted stripper’s margarita glass?

Then the 2nd wasted stripper drinks her barf-garita and compliments you on your mixing technique?

Yeah, me neither

WRECKS N EFECT

• Twinkle

raiderinparadise Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:36 pm

eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:24 pm

———–

++++++++++++++++++++++
    Forgot all about that game…..he has blocked a few
    in his time…but two in one game….Wow.

• realtruraider

Twinkle Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:18 pm

——————————————————-

He said that Packers are talkin SB and the other teams he talked to are talkin tryin to make playoffs.

Which is kinda true, but that is not the reason he signed there, his agent even called Reggie before he signed with the Pack, but Reggie told him go ahead we are good. Here is a link

• McFaddens_Sneakers

You know what, you know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. – The Joker

This applies to alot of raider fans in here if we would have come out and score TD’s on opening drives nobody would have panic and everybody would have said we are going to the superbowl. But throw a couple of picks and every body panincs. Its preseason Gents. chill the F out.

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

I think the Beeech Dawg is getting dumber. Lay off the pipe homey! The Dawg days are over.

• eastoaklandraider

Twinkle Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:36 pm
    ———————-

who is gay?

• eastoaklandraider

McFaddens_Sneakers Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:46 pm

——————————
    I have said this many times but doesnt seem to have any effect so i guess it is what it is on this blog.

• McFaddens_Sneakers

Realtruraider.
    thanks for the link it sounds like the agent call him to see if he would counter the packers offer. Regg was not going to pay him more than the veteran minimum.

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

I would have signed Cedric Benson for one year. Goodson is probably sh1t.

• The Beeech Dawg

Yo, decided to track a few dope jams in my bedroom

Had to throw away a few empty boxes of Magnums that were sitting on my bed so there’s room for the 4 Track

In other words, I’ve been humping a LOT of fine hizzies (shout out to damon wayans)

Yo, these jams are going to be hella fresh, might even license a few to Married to Jonas

MO MONEY MO MONEY

• McFaddens_Sneakers

EastO.
    50% of the people in here think they are GM’ and think they know everything. The other 50% are real fans who will stick with the teams decisions for better or worse. .

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Two updates from Twitter/Sulia:

Vittorio Tafur
    Defensive coordinator Jason Tarver thinking what fans are when it comes to cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke
    “I want to see him play in a game like he plays out here, in practice,” Tarver said

Vittorio Tafur
    Asked Raiders coach Dennis Allen how free agent DE Andre Carter’s workout went Tuesday …
    “It went alright,” Allen said. “We got a good look-see and we’ll see what we do from there.”

• burn_209

You guys do realize that Seymour has never been a flashy player right? He has just been consistent at one thing and that is holding the point of attack. Say what you want but has anyone here actually seen Seymour blown off the ball?

• RaiderRetribution

Should Parson’s prove to be a beast at center I would have no problem with our all-rookie Raiders, Wisniewski remaining at left guard.

• realtruraider

Reggie also said by then he really liked what he seen in Goodson, so pretty much he wasn’t even interested anymore, however this was before the Arizona game, lol

• Twinkle

East…sorry about the lack of clarity on that one but (hearsay only) someone in here heard a rumor that Benson was gay.Don’t know if there are any links to that one.
    Couple of weeks back…..I could go dig it up if your interested.

• burn_209

——————

I think the ratio is more 70:30

Whateven better is people ACTUALLY do talk like they run the place as if they have the ability to do jack about anything

• Twinkle

realtruraider…thanks for the link dude…Wonder if Reggie still feels that way.Must suck to have your every word written down somewhere.No one ever gets it right every time.

• realtruraider

Burn

Yeah and I have seen post that suggest that the Raiders front office reads this blog and takes ideas from people, LMFAO!

• Twinkle

burn_209 Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:58 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Now that you mention it.NO.

• burn_209

Realtruraider Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 3:05 pm
    Burn

—————-

I know me too. Like I said its crap like that which made me have to make an account here to tell those people how moronic they are

• realtruraider

Here is a video and a lil write up on Seymour on his performance from last year, good stuff

• Twinkle

McFaddens_Sneakers Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:56 pm

EastO.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    After the years where we hardly ever lost…to bail out when we hardly ever won…seems chickensh!t…that is what happens over the bridge here…fair weather
    49er folk.

• The Beeech Dawg

Richard Seymour is straight up WACK

Ron Jeremy could provide a better pass rush

Yo, speaking of my upcoming hip hop album Wrecks N Effect, here’s a little taste of my hot single “Gats Up N Yur Grille”

It’s about shooting homies gang style then stopping by your mom’s house to watch a ‘lil Food Network

Whut Whut, Beeech Diggity survived life in the hood
    Gang Warfare all around him growin’ up in Inglewood
    Cappin’ homies made the Beeech Dawg mean
    Now it’s time for some Food TV, give it up for Paula Deen

ICE CUBE REPRESENT

• eastoaklandraider

Burn_209 Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:58 pm
    ————————–

Burn gets it

• TxRaider210

Whut’s good Nation? Shout out to Klas, and Beeecher(for leaving a turd in the tub)

• theghostronin79

You know if our game’s on NFLN, or local, or what’s up with that?

• TxRaider210

theghostronin79 Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 3:22 pm

You know if our game’s on NFLN, or local, or what’s up with that?
    ——————-
    I honestly have no clue bro, watch all my games via internet, but I’ll check into it and see what I find.

• TxRaider210

eastoaklandraider Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Burn_209 Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 2:58 pm
    ————————–

Burn gets it
    ——————
    I have always stated, that if Sey can stop the penalties, he’s good in my book…just not for 15 mil.

• guest123

theghostronin79 Says:
    August 22nd, 2012 at 3:22 pm
    You know if our game’s on NFLN, or local, or what’s up with that?

^^^^^^^^

Just saw a commercial for Saturday’s game it’s gonna be on local channel 36. Wish I could still be here to watch. I’d be in the stadium for that matter.

• theghostronin79

Roger that, thanks guys…

• TxRaider210

Bottom line is, if fans can’t trust in what Reggie is doing, there will always be an argument. The man seems to make smart decisions on behalf of the club, so I will support what he and DA have on their agenda.