Raiders make first roster cuts

In reaching the league-mandated limit of 75 players, the Raiders waived linebacker Korey Bosworth, defensive ends Mason Brodine and Wayne Dorsey, safeties Aaron Henry and Chaz Powell, cornerback Terrail Lambert, wide receivers Thomas Mayo and DeAundre Muhammad, quarterback Kyle Newhall-Caballero and fullback Manase Tonga. Fullback Rashawn Jackson and offensive lineman Ed Wang were waived-injured.

Steve Corkran

• raiderinparadise

We need Curry back … Burris is getting a golden oppurtunity but I don’t think he is any every down NFL LB. No choice tho.

• TxRaider210

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:36 am
    Tx you will have the same treatment has Dez…I cant afford you too go to some Ta Ta bar and get in a fight with a Midget Bouncer

——————–
    LOL I’ll have to reign in my bad habbits, but after the season I’m buying a Bentley and packing it full of fat chicks!

• Kirk

Marks hair Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:36 am
    Im so tired of rich gannon…

………………………………….

Yes, damn him for taking us to the Superbowl.

raiderinparadise Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:37 am

—-

He’ll be back.

In week 7.

• DennisAllensVisor

Please dont start with the cut Janikowski/Lechler/Condo crap.

• raiderinparadise

Week 7 !!!???? Thats terrible if thats the truth. Especially after he hurt his knee, curry was like “it hurt, but I wanted to be in camp with the guys, so I pushed through the pain” RETARTED.

injured.

• Marks hair

I liked gannon as a player. But on the radio he bashes us while sounding unimformed.. listening to him knock our wrs as our biggest concern is annoying..

• Dhidee99

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:39 am
    Please dont start with the cut Janikowski/Lechler/Condo crap.
    —————————————————-

Lecher is over paid and old, Jano is over paid and is missing kicks on a regular basis, Condo? Over paid does not do anything else but snap long balls you mean we cant get any scrub on the cheap to do that?

• TxRaider210

Marks hair Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:42 am

——————-
    I liked him as a player too, even though he stunk in the biggest game of his life. I really think he’s disgruntled and thinks he’s entitled to a job with the organization.jmo

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Have Jamista Clown, Mistress Biachi, and KK been cut from the blog yet?

• Marks hair

Wish parsens or wiz could longsnap. Condo takes up a spot.

• PurpleDrank81

Yea it sounds like Curry is for sure going to be on the PUP…It will be difficult for Miles Burris as a rookie but I think he can do it…I still look for Big Mac to bring a Veteran to compete with Burris.

Marks hair Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:42 am

—-

Right now it is our biggest concern.

We have 3 healthy ones..

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:45 am

—-

Nah, will be a combo of Burris/Ihenacho/Goethel/Tollefson..

IMO.

• Dhidee99

WIZ long snapped at Penn st!!!!

• Marks hair

My my my my carmona has a big boot.. 2 50+yd kicks so far..

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Dhidee99 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:46 am
    WIZ long snapped at Penn st!!!!

====================================

Was he any good? I’d guess not, since he’s never done it since he got here.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:45 am

====================================

Burris will be fine out there.

Not doing it.

• Marks hair

3 good healthy ones.. but we gave scrubs. He makes it sound like we cant catch.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Please dont start with the cut Janikowski/Lechler/Condo crap.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$4 million for a fat alcoholic kicker
    $5.75 million for a punter who doesn’t workout/ punts in the off-season.
    $1.5 million for a LS

• Dhidee99

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:48 am
    Not doing it.
    ——————————————————

we are paying a long snapper millions dude we have the highest paid long snapper in the history of the nfl I know other teams are laughing it up

Marks hair Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:49 am
    3 good healthy ones.. but we gave scrubs. He makes it sound like we cant catch.

—-

Havent heard what he has said, I was just pointing that out.

We only have 3 as it stands today. In terms of 53 man roster. 3.

• TxRaider210

Raider O Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:50 am
    Please dont start with the cut Janikowski/Lechler/Condo crap.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$4 million for a fat alcoholic kicker
    $5.75 million for a punter who doesn’t workout/ punts in the off-season.
    $1.5 million for a LS

——————–
    That is a crap-load of money, but I’d keep Jano/Lechler if they’re ready to go day one.

• PurpleDrank81

How has Goethel looked this Pre-Season??? Truthfully I dont remember hearing anything from him at all..

• raiderinparadise

I like King, but guys our kicking game is not a concern with who we already have, despite their paychecks.

The are top sin the league and paid like it.

Why don’t you worry about WRs, at this point Chaz Schilens seemed healthier than FORD & MOORE.

Dhidee99 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:52 am
    DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:48 am
    Not doing it.
    ——————————————————

—-

Not. doing. it.

• r8rwill

good afternoon nation,
    I m thinking seymour seymour is done
    .at defense intro Saturday tk was introduced like the d’s captain and leader __he has been kinda the face of this defense….
    can rmaccut seymour and buy out his contract??? anyone know the numbers???

• Dhidee99

Raider O Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:50 am
    Please dont start with the cut Janikowski/Lechler/Condo crap.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$4 million for a fat alcoholic kicker
    $5.75 million for a punter who doesn’t workout/ punts in the off-season.
    $1.5 million for a LS
    —————————————
    Ten million of that money could have went to signing better defensive players

• TxRaider210

r8rwill Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:54 am
    good afternoon nation,
    I m thinking seymour seymour is done
    can rmaccut seymour and buy out his contract??? anyone know the numbers???

—————–
    He’d take a 7.5 mil hit I think..

TxRaider210 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:52 am
    Raider O Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:50 am
    Please dont start with the cut Janikowski/Lechler/Condo crap.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$4 million for a fat alcoholic kicker
    $5.75 million for a punter who doesn’t workout/ punts in the off-season.
    $1.5 million for a LS

—-

On February 18, 2009, Lechler signed a 4 year, $12 million contract.

Where do you get 5.75?..

• Marks hair

You think we’re going with 5wrs too huh? Well its a solid 5.

Dangit. I did it.

• Dhidee99

DennisAllensVisor you must be the last turd on earth that belives this is smart

• Marks hair

Id ike a 6th wr with return ability. I dont like mccann

You know I’m feeling your Condo clarity.

Cut Prince Valiant!

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Dhidee99 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:52 am

============================================

Yes, I’m sure other teams are deeply concerned with what we’re paying our long-snapper.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Peymour Glen, did you go to the game alone or with all your alias’s ?

• TxRaider210

Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:57 am
    You know I’m feeling your Condo clarity.

Cut Prince Valiant!

———————-
    I want to know how hard it is to teach another guy to long-snap, just putting in many reps I’d think..

Dhidee99 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:56 am
    DennisAllensVisor you must be the last turd on earth that belives this is smart

—-

*sigh*

• TxRaider210

If Lechler/Jano prove that they can still be amongst the best kicking tandems this year, I have no problem keeping them for what they’re paid.

• DennisAllensVisor

Despite their anonymity, a team lacking a skilled long snapper can be seriously undermined. A famous example of this was on January 5, 2003 during the 2002 wild card playoff game between the San Francisco 49ers and New York Giants. The Giants during the regular season had suffered missed field goals due to the lack of an experienced long snapper, and signed Trey Junkin out of retirement to be the snapper for the playoff game. Junkin botched a snap on a field goal attempt that could have won the game for the Giants, who had led 38-14 at one point in the game.[5] Brad St. Louis of the Cincinnati Bengals was another long snapper who, besides having already misexecuted two snaps in clutch situations in 2005 (wild card play-off game against the eventual champions Pittsburgh Steelers) and 2006, gained even bigger notoriety in 2009, when he delivered five bad snaps on either field goal or extra point attempts (leading to missed, aborted or blocked kicks) in the first five games of the season, which led to the then ten-year veteran being released from the team.

• Dhidee99

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:55 am
    TxRaider210 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:52 am
    Raider O Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:50 am
    Please dont start with the cut Janikowski/Lechler/Condo crap.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$4 million for a fat alcoholic kicker
    $5.75 million for a punter who doesn’t workout/ punts in the off-season.
    $1.5 million for a LS

—-

On February 18, 2009, Lechler signed a 4 year, $12 million contract.

Where do you get 5.75?..
    ———————————————————-
    it was a back end deal 1st year was 1.2, 2nd was 2, 3rd was 5.75, 4th year is 3 million

Dhidee99 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 12:02 pm
    DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:55 am
    TxRaider210 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:52 am
    Raider O Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:50 am
    Please dont start with the cut Janikowski/Lechler/Condo crap.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$4 million for a fat alcoholic kicker
    $5.75 million for a punter who doesn’t workout/ punts in the off-season.
    $1.5 million for a LS

—-

On February 18, 2009, Lechler signed a 4 year, $12 million contract.

Where do you get 5.75?..
    ———————————————————-

—-

This is the 4th year.

• Raider Dell

Dhidee99 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:54 am
    Raider O Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:50 am
    Please dont start with the cut Janikowski/Lechler/Condo crap.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$4 million for a fat alcoholic kicker
    $5.75 million for a punter who doesn’t workout/ punts in the off-season.
    $1.5 million for a LS
    —————————————
    Ten million of that money could have went to signing better defensive players
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Speaking of Turds

• r8rwill

txraider” rmac may think it cheaper to buy him out.. how would that impact our cap numbers?????

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

TxRaider210 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:58 am
    Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:57 am
    You know I’m feeling your Condo clarity.

Cut Prince Valiant!

———————-

==============================================

It’s pretty difficult, from what I understand. You’re throwing a 7 or 15-yard pass upside down between your legs, and have to block also.

• DKnight007

367.r8eray Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 11:16 am
    DKnight007 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 10:35 am
    291.DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 10:32 am
    DKnight007 Says:
    August 27th, 2012 at 10:29 am
    Had my first FFL draft yesterday. Let me know what ya think:

QB’s: Big Ben, Cutler
    RB’s: Lynch, Ridley, Wells, Blount, Hillman
    WR’s: Roddy, D. Bowe, S Johnson, M. Williams, J. Jones
    TE: Graham
    K: Bryant
    IDP’s: Willis, Cushing, Super Mario, Avril, Weatherspoon

I need a backup TE.

Only mistake I made was not getting hand cuff for Lynch and Wells.

—-

Getting Wells is a mistake all in its own LOL.

^^^^^^^
    Yeah, I see what your saying. I wanted RB depth and I took him in Round 8. So I figured it was worth the risk for a pick in Round 8.

He is back and he will be the starter…until he gets hurt. hahaha

=========

You’re weak at the RB position…trade one of your WR for a back up plan (Lynch).

^^^^^^^^^
    I am dangling Big Ben or Cutler for Sproles or Ryan Williams to a team who needs a backup QB.

There were 3 guys who drafted two QB’s on the same by week. haha

Condo is turrible in coverage too.

Must: good longsnspper

Not a must: Longsnapper with no other value to 53 man roster

• J Hill

Palmers 2 picks were nothing to be concerned about.

Jones was CLEARLY held on that screen pass.

McGee caught the ball on that 2nd pick and fumbled it to Det.