Report: Raiders agree to deal with veteran returner

Raiders coach Dennis Allen apparently wasn’t kidding when he said Monday that, yes, it’s possible that his kick returner wasn’t yet on the roster. A few hours later, ProFootballTalk.com reported that the Raiders agreed to terms with return specialist Roscoe Parrish.
The Raiders would not confirm nor deny the report, per beat writer Jerry McDonald. However, the move makes perfect sense, given lingering injuries to primary returners Jacoby Ford and Denarius Moore.
Parrish spent his first seven NFL seasons with the Buffalo Bills before he bolted for the San Diego Chargers in free agency this offseason. For whatever reason, the Chargers released Parrish when they pared their roster to 75 players.
Parrish returned 135 punts (12.0-yard average, three touchdowns) and 29 kicks (23.6 avg., no touchdowns) for the Bills.
Parrish, 30, missed all but two games last season with an ankle injury. He also plays wide receiver, with 134 catches for 1,502 yards and seven touchdowns to his credit.
If the deal is consummated the Raiders will have to make a roster move, given they are at the maximum 75 right now.

Steve Corkran

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

I don’t mind the Parrish signing, but I would have preferred Gaffney.

• hwnrdr

Oh yeah, depending who comes with us, some homemade potato mac salad and rice!

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

theghostronin79 Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:44 am
    Feels like the Sept. 10th is a long way off. I’d almost rather skip this game on Thursday. I’m ready to “Move On” from preseason. Like DMAC has made it this far without being hurt, just coast him to the opener. Guys like Burris, -who need the work, don’t get me wrong- have been playing nearly full games so far. Guys like him could get burned out by mid season. He will have played 20 games by the end of the Reg, and if we go to playoffs…..I’m just blabbing

——————-
    He’s got youth on his side!

• TxRaider210

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:48 am
    I don’t mind the Parrish signing, but I would have preferred Gaffney.

———————-
    I still wouldn’t mind Gaffney over McGee, for the veteran leadership at WR.

• theghostronin79

——————————
    I’d agree man, but it looks like DMC and Palmer will get playing time this week, don’t know how I feel about that..

============

Yeah, me either. I’m just happy they made it THIS far without getting knicked. don’t push your luck I say….

• Just Fire Baby

Speaking of the Land of Enchantment, I believe our Governor Susana Martinez is speaking tonight at the RNC.

• Just Fire Baby

Mmmmmm……lemon chicken wings.

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

Holy Sh*t! Klas did catalog search of ABQ libraries. They have no copies of Breaking Bad! What’s up with that?

• TxRaider210

theghostronin79 Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:50 am
    ——————————

============

———————–
    Yeah man me too, I think Burris will be fine though, I see that guy getting better each game he plays.

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

Are you like lame conservatives in New Mexico?

• Just Fire Baby

I just remember Gafney in that AFC championship game against the Colts looking like he was going to pee on himself after dropping some easy passes.

He looked like Michael Spinks about to enter the ring against Tyson.

• Just Fire Baby

I know one thing that won’t be on my tailgating menu.

Some of those lame azz Swedish meatballs!!!!

You bring down the meatball family with that garbage.

• Raider Riff

Hwnrdr Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:48 am
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:45 am
    Hwnrdr,

What’s on the typical Hwnrdr tailgating menu?

Just curious.

We always have Tri-tip, chicken (flop back and forth between drumsticks and breasts), some Korean Ribs (sometimes), lemon pepper chicken wings and some lumpias! Also with Hennessy, Beer and whatever else comes around!

——————

OK. When I fly up for a game this year with my chic and her brother, Im stopping by your setup to tailgate with you guys. We’ll throw down $10 each to pitch in and we’ll bring our own 24 pack of Coors Light.

Sound good?

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

I just got to watch the OAK/DET game and here are my observations-

-Good to see Taiwan take advantage and seize the backup roll.

-DMAC keep it up!

-Streater, What can I say? I like a good underdog story, apperently so does Palmer.

-Wheeler is going to put up some #’s this year

-T.Pryor did everything in his power to make me eat my words, well done kid!

-Criner, good to see we have some depth at wideout

-DHB, I’m liking what I’m seeing. I also notice the way he blocks on running plays-Respect!

-Our speacial teams need help! (Ecspeacialy coverage units)

-bring back Justin Miller J/K

-Little to many penalties for my liking

-Wish Stafford would have been in game little longer so we could better gauge defense, although Shaun Hill is respectable-I guess.

-What was up with not throwing to Megatron?
    Was coverage that good or was he not part of the gameplan to keep him healthy?

-Carmona is a Jabroni but nice job with a 56 yarder off the dirt.

-Palmer will be fine

I’m sure there’s more but overall more positive than neagative. Good sign in the 3rd preseason game where it actually matters a little bit.

Go Raiders!

• hwnrdr

Raider Riff Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:56 am
    Hwnrdr Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:48 am
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:45 am
    Hwnrdr,

What’s on the typical Hwnrdr tailgating menu?

Just curious.

——————

Sound good?

Sounds good! Let me know…I’ll send my info

• DJ Johnny

164,

I read that Megatron was targeted 7 times in the game.

• RAIDERNATIONSTATION http://www.raidernationstation.com/

Good morning Nation!~

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

DJ Johnny Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:04 am
    164,

I read that Megatron was targeted 7 times in the game.
    ———————-

Thanxs for the info.
    Wow, I guess he didn’t catch many then!
    good to see!
    Bartell is starting off on the right foot.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

I liked Plunkett as a player but as an announcer…

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

TxRaider210 Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:47 am
    Klas Tjorborn Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:46 am
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:46 am
    JFB, where do you live?

*****************************

The Land of Enchantment
    —–
    Where is that?

——————-
    That would be New Mexico, not to be mistaken with the 3rd world country south of us.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL
    True story: I’m at my friend’s barber shop, he has an Arab barber, white guy comes in and they start talking. White guy says he is in the military, so I asked him where he was from since most of these guys are not CA natives, and he said he was from New Mexico. The Arab barber gave him this weird look and then he said “but you don’t look Mexican”.
    Still LOL

• r8eray

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 4:20 am
    Roscoe Parrish is a smurf at 5′9″ 175 lbs

ran a 4.37 forty at the combine (Al Davis would approve)

bye Jacoby!!

Reggie will trade JFORD for a bag of peanuts

==========

C’mon RRS, more like a bag of cashews…salted cashews!

;)

• DennisAllensVisor

I dont want to take all the credit for calling for Roscoe Parrish… But..

LOL :)

Good Morning Nation!!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Hwnrdr,

Lumpias & Trees?
    I really have to think above it going north for a game.
    You People know how to party.

• r8eray

The Washington Post believes Chris Cooley could be traded, but not “outright cut.”
    Cooley is due a burdensome $3.8 million for a backup, but has taken consistent reps at fullback this preseason. Nevertheless, if Cooley isn’t “outright cut,” it will almost certainly be because he’s agreed to a sizable pay cut. It’s a good sign he made it past first cuts on Monday. No one is going to trade for him.
    Source: Washington Post

======

Straight up for Ford??

I think Ford is dispensable after acquiring Parrish…no?

• hwnrdr

Raider O Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:15 am
    Hwnrdr,

Lumpias & Trees?
    I really have to think above it going north for a game.
    You People know how to party.

Come on up!!!

• DennisAllensVisor

r8eray Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:16 am
    Source: Washington Post

======

Straight up for Ford??

I think Ford is dispensable after acquiring Parrish…no?

—-

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I decided to do my MBA online (UNC has a good program), and I’m ready to go work abroad.
    More income
    No income tax or sales tax in the ME
    5-6 weeks paid vacation with 1st class tickets.
    Free medical (Co pays 100%), so that saves me $5-6k/ year
    Pay for housing and transportation

You people need to consider working abroad.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

r8eray Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:13 am
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 4:20 am
    Roscoe Parrish is a smurf at 5′9″ 175 lbs

ran a 4.37 forty at the combine (Al Davis would approve)

bye Jacoby!!

Reggie will trade JFORD for a bag of peanuts

==========

C’mon RRS, more like a bag of cashews…salted cashews!
    —————–
    Maybe for some pistachios for past accomplishments

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

r8eray Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:16 am
    Source: Washington Post

======

Straight up for Ford??

I think Ford is dispensable after acquiring Parrish…no?
    ——————-
    I like it

• Charlie

Regardless of potential you have to be able to play to add value. Seymour and Curry are classic examples of the Patriots and Seahawks getting rid of poor value.

We will carry an extra Dlineman when we cut down. Not necessarily an extra DT. We can shift Houston inside.
    Seymour will not be in the NFL next year. We will let him go out on his terms this year. We got screwed on the Seymour deal. Terrible value.

Curry will get cut.

Moore will make it this year. Streater, DHB and Crinor will be getting all of the snaps early in the year.
    Ford is a niche player that with Parrish on the team may be expendable. Far too injury prone and can not function in the red zone.

After Friday’s cuts we will be active with other teams cast offs.

Get ready for some surprises.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Hwnrdr,

I have to see you guys and watch a home game. It’s a must especially if I get hired abroad.

• hwnrdr

Raider O Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:27 am
    Hwnrdr,

That is true

• DennisAllensVisor

Roscoe Parrish does not make Jacoby Ford expendable. Come on, too early for nonsense.

• TxRaider210

Where is that?

——————-
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL
    Still LOL

———————–
    That’s too funny man LMAO!

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

RaiderMight ‏@RaiderMight
    Doh “@cnnbrk: Man trying to create Bigfoot hoax on highway is hit by 2 cars & dies, Montana officials say. http://on.cnn.com/SM8OHK“#DarwinWins
    Retweeted by CALI★GROWN
    ——-
    Awesome funnyn, not for dead guy, but still funny.

• jesusraiderjim

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 7:21 am
    About 10 minutes into the first episode you will be hooked…..more addictive than meth…..or so I have been told.

****************************

Everyone keeps telling me this, even the wifey was trying to sell me on what she has heard.

I will setup the DVR to start recording it.

Yoy need to go on amazon or hulu or netflix and watch from the 1st episode. You will not be sorry. best show ever.

• http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo249/the408RAIDER/749px-I-420svg.png 408RAIDER

<– aka CALI★GROWN

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Darryl Tapp could be the odd man out among Eagles DEs
    ————————
    worth a look?

• DennisAllensVisor

Would love to have Darryl Tapp, but the Eagles arent cutting him.

He’ll be on the team or get traded.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Wes Welker: I’m definitely happy for Aaron Hernandez
    ——————
    BTW, Wes your lying

• TxRaider210

DAV

With the signing of Parrish, is McCann gone, or would Reg have cut him yesterday?

• Just Fire Baby

You people need to consider working abroad.

**************************

I don’t know about working abroad, but I do enjoy working A broad.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:37 am
    You people need to consider working abroad.

**************************

I don’t know about working abroad, but I do enjoy working A broad.
    ——————
    lol

• DennisAllensVisor

TxRaider210 Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:35 am
    DAV

—-

For sure, has to be McCann.

Parrish signing hasnt been confirmed yet, so we have to wait to find out the roster move.

Could be Curry to PUP also. But they said they would wait til Friday to make that move.

• hwnrdr

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:37 am
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:37 am
    You people need to consider working abroad.

**************************

I don’t know about working abroad, but I do enjoy working A broad.
    ——————
    lol

Double LOL

• Just Fire Baby

Yup, McCann is probably gone if Parrish doesn’t poop the bed on Thursday.

Lee is probably the nickle corner.

Score one for DAV

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Chico,

LOL
    Think about it.
    Double your income, No Taxes, paid housing and car, so you can save most of your income.
    In 2 years you can save $100-150K.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Sign Jabar Gaffney and carry 6 wideouts
    and 4 RB’s DMAC/Jones and Reece/Scmitt
    Reece can also be 3rd running back.

• TxRaider210

DAV

Yeah those were my thoughts also, what about signing Gaffney and cutting McGee?

• DennisAllensVisor

Starting to question if Hamilton or Cumbie will make the 53 man roster.

If Seymour’s knee is in bad shape, it makes sense. Otherwise I dont see the need.