Report: Raiders agree to deal with veteran returner

Raiders coach Dennis Allen apparently wasn’t kidding when he said Monday that, yes, it’s possible that his kick returner wasn’t yet on the roster. A few hours later, ProFootballTalk.com reported that the Raiders agreed to terms with return specialist Roscoe Parrish.
The Raiders would not confirm nor deny the report, per beat writer Jerry McDonald. However, the move makes perfect sense, given lingering injuries to primary returners Jacoby Ford and Denarius Moore.
Parrish spent his first seven NFL seasons with the Buffalo Bills before he bolted for the San Diego Chargers in free agency this offseason. For whatever reason, the Chargers released Parrish when they pared their roster to 75 players.
Parrish returned 135 punts (12.0-yard average, three touchdowns) and 29 kicks (23.6 avg., no touchdowns) for the Bills.
Parrish, 30, missed all but two games last season with an ankle injury. He also plays wide receiver, with 134 catches for 1,502 yards and seven touchdowns to his credit.
If the deal is consummated the Raiders will have to make a roster move, given they are at the maximum 75 right now.

Steve Corkran

• aig-raiders

Morning gents,

Gaffney? Dont we have too many WRs already?

In 1 hour, the AIG family will find out if it lands the dream house on top of a hill over looking the 101 in San Juan Bautista. So effin nervious.

• DennisAllensVisor

TxRaider210 Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:49 am
    DAV

Yeah those were my thoughts also, what about signing Gaffney and cutting McGee?

—-

McGee is gone even before the Parrish signing.

Id be interested in Gaffney, but we had the younger version in Murphy and Reggie didnt see the need then..?

• aig-raiders

*nervous

• The Big Banana

Good morning everyone!

So I’m in Vegas right now and the Wynn sports book has our Raiders at 75/1 odds for the SuperBowl. Should I throw a C-note down on that? What do you guys think? Is the Silver and Black koolaid flowing this morning? Check back on your thoughts after breakfast.

• DennisAllensVisor

WR – Denarius Moore[PR]
    WR – Darrius Heyward-Bey
    - Jacoby Ford[KR]
    - Rod Streater
    - Juron Criner
    - Roscoe Parrish[PR]

Like JFB said, unless Parrish blows it Thursday, I believe your looking at your 2012-13 WRs.

• hwnrdr

The Big Banana Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:53 am
    Good morning everyone!

I’d put a $100

• DennisAllensVisor

The Big Banana Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:53 am
    Good morning everyone!

—-

Save your money and buy a jersey or something..

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:54 am
    WR – Denarius Moore[PR]
    WR – Darrius Heyward-Bey
    - Jacoby Ford[KR]
    - Rod Streater
    - Juron Criner
    - Roscoe Parrish[PR]

———————
    Gaffney over Ford imo

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

TBB,

Just Do It!
    It’s a C note not a grand.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Parrish can return kicks as well

• TxRaider210

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:52 am
    TxRaider210 Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:49 am
    DAV

Yeah those were my thoughts also, what about signing Gaffney and cutting McGee?

—-

McGee is gone even before the Parrish signing.

—————————–
    Yeah I only thought Gaffney since he seems to play well in big games.

• aig-raiders

Do it big B. 75/1 wow.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Mcgee certainly didn’t help his case last game against DET.

• TxRaider210

Raider O Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:57 am
    TBB,

Just Do It!
    It’s a C note not a grand.

——————–
    Do it, I will be placing a C note this year!

• DennisAllensVisor

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:57 am
    Parrish can return kicks as well

—-

Yep. But I think Jones gets the shot at KR duties first.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

TxRaider210 Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:58 am
    Raider O Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:57 am
    TBB,

Just Do It!
    It’s a C note not a grand.

——————–
    Do it, I will be placing a C note this year!
    —————-
    that payoff would be sweet!

• Just Fire Baby

Wynn Sports book is pretty sweet.

Love the Encore as well.

- Rod Streater
    - Juron Criner
    - Roscoe Parrish[PR]

———————
    Gaffney over Ford imo

—-

Only way that comes close to happening is if Ford ends up on the PUP list.

And Gaffney chooses us over other teams where he would get more burn.

Like the Dolphins.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:58 am
    Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:57 am
    Parrish can return kicks as well

—-

Yep. But I think Jones gets the shot at KR duties first.
    ————–
    I agree, Just wonder if we want to expose Jones to more chance of injury when he likely will be the “feature back” when DMAC goes down at some point this season. tough call.
    Also, let’s face it, Kickoffs are less important and you are less likely to have an “explosive” play with the new rules and all. Not a big priority imo

• The Big Banana

Love the Encore as well.

———-

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

So where are we at….5-1 in favor?

• DennisAllensVisor

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 9:03 am
    DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:58 am
    Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 8:57 am
    Parrish can return kicks as well

—-

Yep. But I think Jones gets the shot at KR duties first.
    ————–

—-

For sure..

• DennisAllensVisor

Matt Bowen on Parrish:

“Some of the quickest feet I have ever seen. Thought he would develop into a top slot WR when I played with him in Buffalo”

• R8ER MIKE

GOOD AFTERNOON NATION !!!
    and my GreenParty brothers !!!

• CJ Legend 34

I am still not sold on our corners yet.

One of the major areas of concern if you ask me.

• TxRaider210

I think Chewka has more upside than DVD, being built bigger and potentially tackle better. I’m all for an upgrade over DVD, if there’s one out there.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

CJ Legend 34 Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 9:15 am
    I am still not sold on our corners yet.

One of the major areas of concern if you ask me.
    ———————
    no doubt, they will be tested early with Rivers,the rapist, and the walking drive in movie screen all in the 1st 4 weeks.

• theghostronin79

Yep. But I think Jones gets the shot at KR duties first.
    ————–

================

Plus, I’ve yet to see him have a good return. His speed doesn’t help him much in that regard; he likes to dance too much. Seen him run right up to the wedge and freeze, trying to decide which way to go, then BAAAMMM….Gets hammered.
    Jacoby, on the other hand seems like a natural born kick returner but WR skills are secondary. With Jones I think it’s the other way around.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

TxRaider210 Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 9:18 am

————-
    Checkwa=Blueray player

Demarcus VanDyke=DVD player

• CJ Legend 34

Checkwa was actually a good DB in college. OSU does a pretty good job with DBs in the NFL. Will have to see how it goes but Checkwa was a solid DB in college. Not just speed he was a good tackler as well. he has to just get with it!

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Speaking of getting hammered, DHB took a shot in the DET game! Took it like a champ though.

• theghostronin79

They got all different positions returning kicks…..RB’s, WR’s, CB’s, Safeties…… Some dudes are just cut out for that gig. So far, I don’t feel that Jones IS.

• CJ Legend 34

When teams start to cut down, especially teams loaded with DBs I hope we go out and get one. There has to be some Sterling Moores out there somewhere. : )

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Good Day ODB.
    Long Live The ODB!

• realtruraider

Checkwa won’t make the cut, he was horrible last game. Moore was throwin it on him at will. DVD has a heck of alot more upside than Checkwa. DVD ain’t goin nowhere

• theghostronin79

============

Yeah he did LOL…. too bad he didn’t lower his shoulder and deliver one back…He just TOOK it “Biiiff”. The hopped up and trotted back.

• R8ER MIKE

O… whats up brother ?? how is that studying broads going ?? and where do i sign up for that class ???

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LMAO ODB. It’s not for you, they have most of their teeth.

• R8ER MIKE

Raider O Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 9:42 am
    LMAO ODB. It’s not for you, they have most of their teeth
    ***************
    as long as they dont bite… well bite too hard…. i can work with them !!

• Just Fire Baby

as long as they dont bite… well bite too hard…. i can work with them !!

***************************

You got to play the hand your dealt…..

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LOL ODB.
    Master O doesn’t like biting or feeling teeth.

• Just Fire Baby

Dang, our Governor here in NM, gets the Prime Time speech right before Paul Ryan’s speech tomorrow.

Moving up the food chain baby!!!!

Although, I am not sure she is ready for all that, she is a little stiff sometimes.

• hwnrdr

I had a cute Chinese woman tell me one time that she don’t get mad, she bites! I said, oooh, how can I get you mad?

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Hmmmm this is very interesting. The raiders have a problem, 3 of the 4 most explosive players on offense are injury prone players. Moore, and ford dmac are guys that scare the hell out of any defense, but they also scare the hell out of the raiders front office with injury after injury. These guys are not reliable and i wouldnt be terribly surprised if going into 2013 1-2 of these guys are gone. i believe that although big mck is well aware of the talent he isnt going to keep players that cant stay on the field. like palmer i believe these players are also on a one year try out and it is imperative that they stay on the field in the regular season. As of now our best offensive player is DHB, because of his production, play making ability, and most of all his durability and toughness. he is the only play maker that we can rely on going back to last season.

• Just Fire Baby

I can see Ford gone with another injury-plagued year.

Moore will be back though.

• R8ER MIKE

lol Hwnrdr !!!
    and O .. dont knock it untill you try it sir !! lol lol lol

• Just Fire Baby

I love Jacoby in the open-field, he is among the elite of the elite when running open.

It is just hard as hell to get a 5’8 guy with inconsistant hands into those scenarios.

Can’t just run reverses all the time, lol.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

LOL Hwnrdr.
    You People are Freaks!

Bite Master O and I will punch you in the mouth and knock your teeth out, and then I will call The ODB!

• JB

59 Jon Condo
    11 Sebastian Janikowski
    9 Shane Lechler

***

53 man roster, courtesy of RRS
    ***********************

Can’t disagree with this list. Looks very comprehensive.

• Just Fire Baby

With potential injuries to key guys like Ford, Moore and Wiz, it makes for The Reggie to probably have to be a little creative the first month of the season.

• hwnrdr

Raider O Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 9:56 am
    LOL Hwnrdr.
    You People are Freaks!

LOL, Hey man, don’t put me in the Betty White category! Unless you mean that you’re gonna punch the Chinese girl in the mouth…LOL