Raiders sign WR/PR Parrish

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, August 28th, 2012 at 10:53 am in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders just confirmed the signing of veteran wide receiver/kick returner Roscoe Parrish. Practice begins in about 15 minutes, so we shall see if Parrish also has arrived, passed his physical and is ready to join his new teammates.
The Raiders released offensive lineman Zach Hurd to make room for Parrish on the 75-man roster.
Parrish was released by the San Diego Chargers on Monday, and the Raiders pounced in a hurry. That’s understandable, given kick returner Jacoby Ford and punt returner Denarius Moore are battling through lingering injuries.
Parrish, 30, is a seven-year veteran who spent all his time with the Buffalo Bills. He caught 134 passes for 1,502 yards for the Bills.
However, he made his biggest mark on punt returns, where he averaged an impressive 12 yards per return. He also has the ability to return kicks, so he might be asked to handle both duties as long as Ford and Moore are on the mend.

itzSteve Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:14 am
    Guys…Goodson isn’t going anywhere, he is Charlie Garner reincarnate but bigger!

I would sacrifice Ausberry or Gordon if Cooley has any tread left. He would be a nice addition to the passing game.

No, No & No.

• DennisAllensVisor

And by ‘who the Niner cut’ I mean Anthony Dixon. They’re not cutting anyone else from that backfield.

• Rezinator

Goodson not better than hunter or Jacobs…niners backs

• Rezinator

Dixon is a very good backup

Rezinator Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:17 am
    Goodson not better than hunter or Jacobs…niners backs

Fact.

But, whats your point in that comment??

• DennisAllensVisor

Roscoe Parrish gets Murphy’s old #18 jersey..

Not too late to convert my old Moss jersey!!!

• itzSteve

Hunter is a stud, but Jacobs doesn’t have much left.

• Marks hair

Dixsons not that great.. pass

• R8ER MIKE

Cooley just cut from the Redskins

• DutchRaider77

Dixon is a very good backup

___________________________________________________

True, I heard the 9ers are giving him a try at Fullback…maybe to try and keep him?

Marks hair Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:20 am
    Dixsons not that great.. pass

—-

I think I’d roll with Goodson over him, yea..

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:20 am
    Roscoe Parrish gets Murphy’s old #18 jersey..

Not too late to convert my old Moss jersey!!!
    —————–
    Already had my wife take care of it!

• DennisAllensVisor

Ford catching balls from the JUGS machine..

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:22 am
    DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:20 am
    Roscoe Parrish gets Murphy’s old #18 jersey..

Not too late to convert my old Moss jersey!!!
    —————–
    Already had my wife take care of it!

What did you do?!?!

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

How about this- NO Goodson or Dixon.

DMAC/Jones
    Marcel/Owen

Save the roster spot for Cumbie!

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:24 am
    How about this- NO Goodson or Dixon.

DMAC/Jones
    Marcel/Owen

Save the roster spot for Cumbie!

*SWAT*

I just batted that idea down like a pass from Kellen Moore.. :)

• itzSteve

I thought Goodson played much better against the Lions. He ran the ball well and was a threat out of the back field. He is the least of the Raiders problems at this point…

LB and CB are what worry me the most with this team. There is absolutely NO depth in these two positions.

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:23 am
    Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:22 am
    DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:20 am
    Roscoe Parrish gets Murphy’s old #18 jersey..

Not too late to convert my old Moss jersey!!!
    —————–
    Already had my wife take care of it!

What did you do?!?!
    ——————–
    1st of all I had her rip Moss’s name off the back with out damaging the jersey. Maybe I will have her iron on Parrish’s name lol

waste not want not!lol I paid top dollar for that jersey!

I was already telling people it was a Murphy jersey before that.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

I’m still pissed about the Moss thing.
    QUITTER!

• Marks hair

65. Its been proposed.. but i think most ppl want 3 true rbs

itzSteve Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:26 am

—————-
    We definetley need DB’s but… to say someone who has butter fingers like Goodson is the least of our worries is a little careless. Turnovers are HUGE my friend.

• DennisAllensVisor

I didnt come away from the Detroit game thinking Goodson showed much improvement. Especially with how Jones performed so well right away.

• Marks hair

67. I think nacho has looked strong off the bench.. he’s lined up at de mlb & olb..

• Marks hair

Cooly could be a nice target though.. i always come back to condo…

Marks hair Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:30 am

—-

Carl Ihenacho = Joe Mays.

Allen loves him..

Marks hair Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:33 am
    Cooly could be a nice target though.. i always come back to condo…

—-

Not. gonna. happen. at. all.

• itzSteve

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:29 am
    itzSteve Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:26 am

—————-

——————————-

No doubt…turnovers are EVERYTHING in the NFL. All I am saying is that Goodson looked MUCH better the last game compared to the AZ game coming off of the concussion from Wheeler. He hit the hole hard and was running DB’s over in the flat. His ball protection was 1000% better. I would actually like to see him get some shots at the goal line with the beer truck blocking in front of him.

Marks hair Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:27 am
    65. Its been proposed.. but i think most ppl want 3 true rbs
    ——————
    my logic is if you have more talent at another position (DL in this case)you keep those guys. In the event of a RB emergency there is always the waiver wire (and Marcel). I say Keep the known commodities with upside-Cumbie for example.

Also, I think this year it may be just as likely Seymour breaks down as DMAC does. just food for thought when thinking about depth at positions.

It’s probaly easier to find a RB on Waivers than a decent DL. Just sayin

• Marks hair

I know i know.. condos golden.. i just dont see snapping as a god given talent.. its a skill we should teach our centers..

• itzSteve

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:33 am
    Marks hair Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:30 am

—-

Carl Ihenacho = Joe Mays.

Allen loves him..
    ——————————————–

I am rooting for Ihenacho…he has a great motor and should have had another sack last game, but drew a holding call instead. I want to see more of him on special teams. He needs to blow someone up in Seattle to seal his spot.

• DennisAllensVisor

Is Cumbie that known of a commodity??

IDK if im that comfortable handing him a roster spot.

Marks hair Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:37 am

—-

In a perfect world, someone could double duty like Treu.

But the fact remains that its not that easy, and very vital.

• DennisAllensVisor

Ihenacho is a lock at this point. Signed, sealed & delivered.

• Marks hair

I think a good runner will get cut.. im just wondering if goodys on scholorship this yr..

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:38 am
    Is Cumbie that known of a commodity??

IDK if im that comfortable handing him a roster spot.
    ————-
    perhaps not a fantastic example on my part. You get the point though. I do believe there is more “upside” to Cumbie than the guy who should invest in stickum.

• itzSteve

are you guys REALLY having a love fest for Cumbie? You see a guy who is knocking balls out of the air…I see a guy who isn’t getting a push on the pocket and his only skill is to hopefully knock passes down…CUT!!!

Bilukidi is the keeper here…

Marks hair Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:40 am
    ————–
    I like to believe the days of the scholarship are over. Goodson really didn’t cost us anything and if he doesn’t work out Big Reg will say peace out homie, get to steppin!

• DennisAllensVisor

Bilukidi is also a lock at this point.

Its between Hamilton/Cumbie if that spot is going to the DL.

• Marks hair

Nacho looks like the best replacement for romac if he misses time.. and he looks like oue best replacement for wimbleys speed rush from de..

Marks hair Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:40 am

—-

Yea, would Reggie cut him after the comments he made about him after Benson signed in GB..

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Bilukidi is the keeper here…

—————-
    I agree, I’m just saying I would keep Cumbie over Goodson. I’m glad your confident to throw Goodson in on red zone plays. from what I’ve seen I am scard to death. Perhaps to the same degree of me watching with fear every time DMAC is touched by a defender.

• Marks hair

87. I hope so because im sure a better rb will get cut.

• DutchRaider77

Marks hair Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:40 am
    ————–

____________________________________________________

In the end, it is in Reggie I trust (Until he fails and we turn against him). But I could imagine he has his eyes looking for cuts all over the league. B/c Arian Foster spent a whole year on the Texans practice squad…

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:44 am
    Bilukidi is the keeper here…

—————-

Hmm??

I never said anything about Goodson & the RZ..

• DennisAllensVisor

Disregard that last comment. My bad.

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:45 am
    Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:44 am
    Bilukidi is the keeper here…

—————-

Hmm??

I never said anything about Goodson & the RZ..

—————-
    that was for itzsteve-my bad

jinx

• Marks hair

Im not comparing cumbie to goody.. im just sayin our rbs are injury prone. So i want 3 true rbs along with 2fbs..

• DennisAllensVisor

Personal jinx, no quitsies!!..

Marks hair Says:
    August 28th, 2012 at 11:48 am
    ——————–
    Why can’t Marcel be #3 back if it is only temporary rather than take another roster spot?