Live chat tonight during Raiders-Seahawks game

By Jon Becker
Thursday, August 30th, 2012 at 4:09 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Join Steve Corkran for a live chat during the Oakland Raiders’ final exhibition game, Thursday at 7 p.m. against the Seattle Seahawks.

• TxRaider210

Riff

Those are all sweet bikes, especially the MV, but get a ZX-14 and you’ll love it! I have a ZX-6 now, but after riding the “Busa-killer” you can see why it’s awesome. I’m a light-weight at 175lbs and still handled that bike.

• R8ER MIKE

303..with all due respect sir, you need to move!!
    hate Denver so much I refuse to drink Coors.!!

• 303Raider

Pryor is the future. Palmer is the present. One good Qtr by Pryor and so many of you want him to start the whole year? Crazy talk. We still haven’t seen Palmer play one game, let alone one full season with ALL of our weapons.

Relax….

• 303Raider

I’m from the Bay area my friend. Moved here from San Ho, 8 years ago. Better living, just miss the Raider Games!!

• TxRaider210

Post 203

I can agree with that.

• Raider Riff

TX,

I prefer the smaller bikes. A 1400 is way too bike. Not as fun for me.

That is why I like the MV so much. It’s dang near the size of a 250cc.

Im only 145 lbs these days and if I continue on my paleo diet and training I should be down to my competing weight of 140 by the time Im back in Cali. So a 1400 is way overkill hahahaha.

• J Hill

No further debate is required, that is an indisputable fact.

————————————————————-

Even if Pryor is a part of 3 TDs again????

• 303Raider

I mean, I know Carson needs to chill with the picks but he is a High Risk QB. If we can get 25-30 TD’s and 12-15 INT’s, we will be ok. Let’s talk after week 6 to see where he is at….

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

bcz24 Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:10 pm

He was 3-5…
    ===================================

Against scrubs. It always amazes me when people want to put someone on Mt. Rushmore before they have even completed one pass in a real game.

• TxRaider210

Riff

I feel you man, but trust me the bike is low like a Busa, a 600-1000 is way more uncomfortable. On the 14, I’d be confident with myself and a chick cross country for real.

• Twinkle

Riff…you must be traveling well.
    MV Agusta F3….is a no brainer.
    Youth is wasted on the young….that said…do not miss out on the real deal.If you can go MV…do it!
    It’ll be some thing you will never forget…..cannot
    be compared with other rides.I know nothing will ever compare to my 82 180 degree Jota.

• TxRaider210

Riff

All I can say is, fastest stock bike for 14K new, good deal!

• bcz24

Even if Pryor is a part of 3 TDs again????
    ******************
    Even if Pryor is a part of 10 TDs tonight. Even then he is not going to be considered to start over Palmer… That MIGHT move him into second over Leinart, but that is even unlikely since Pryor will spend a good portion of tonight playing against guys who will be unemployed tomorrow.

• 303Raider

I don’t care if Pryor runs for 10 TD’s tonight, he’s the 3rd QB.
    I could see him overtake Leinart, but Carson starts all year unless he gets hurt.

• Plunketthead

91 FXR. My friend and pastor was killed tuesday when an 80 year old pulled out in front of him. He was riding his sons chopper and was killed instantly.

Its hell out there on two wheels

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

J Hill Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:16 pm

No further debate is required, that is an indisputable fact.

————————————————————-

Even if Pryor is a part of 3 TDs again????
    ===========================================

Pryor is not playing against NFL ones. Palmer is. In fact most of the players Pryor is playing against aren’t even real NFL players.

• R8ER MIKE

Tx. bikers are a brotherhood.
    Just like the GreenParty .
    And if you ever get the chance you have
    to come this way and do the Rolling Thunder ride
    to the wall. Its something you ail never forget or
    experience any where else.

• morilla

It’s all about MT. Cumbie tonight.

• bcz24

Ok ok ok, you people want to know how Pryor will be considered for the starting job? If Palmer and Leinart are gunned down in a drive by shooting after the game… nah nevermind they would go sign someone else.

• Pirate Arrrggghhhh

Realtruraider Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 8:40 am
    I rewatched the Lions game last night. one thing I noticed is Ihenacho mainly played DE, actually I don’t think he ever played LB that game, he stood up one time, but still rushed the passer. Im not sure we can even call him a LB anymore.

======================================================================

This is what clinched it for me that the team had decided he would likely make the roster. Along with whatever ability he has at OLB and ST, if he also can play backup as a third down speed rusher, so much the better. He could end up being valuable if he proves that versatile, though my untrained eye hasn’t seen much out of him. It will be interesting to see how he’s used tonight.

• Raider Riff

TxRaider210 Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:18 pm
    Riff

All I can say is, fastest stock bike for 14K new, good deal!

———

For me, speed doesnt really matter. They are all plenty fast. Im more going for the fun factor. Riding up to Laguna Seca for the MotoGP race is the plan for next year so having a European bike for that would be a blast. Nothing sounds like that MV. One rode by us while we were walking just yesterday. I actually live only about 15 miles from the MV factory at the moment.

Heck, to prove how little horsepower means to me, I really like the 125s they have here in Europe and the 250s that are making a comeback in the States. The lil things are just so much fun.

• TxRaider210

Mike

I may have to partake in that cruise man, got unemployment benni’s comin’ up for real, crotch rockets can be brutal though, except a ZX14 lol

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Bcz24 Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:21 pm

================================================

“Now flying non-stop between Oakland and Hattiesburg, Mississippi…”

• Raider Riff

Seymour Bush Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:19 pm
    J Hill Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:16 pm

No further debate is required, that is an indisputable fact.

————————————————————-

Even if Pryor is a part of 3 TDs again????
    ===========================================

———

Lets not also forget that both players are playing against vanilla D schemes. But only one has proven he can play when the bullets are live, Palmer.

Look, as long as we continue to see steady improvement from Houdini, let’s just be happy with that.

• TxRaider210

Riff

I got you , I grew up racing motocross in the states, just pointing out that I did the Kawasaki test ride and loved that fuggin bike..no more no less jmo

• TxRaider210

And I live a football field from a Ducati dealership.lol

• SnB offense defense specialteams

The only way Terrell Pryor starts this year is if there is an injury to Palmer or Leinart.

Unless Pryor was just ripping it up in practice, he is not going to get enough reps during the season to make a big impact.

If CP or Leinart get hurt, then there could be a chance if CP and/or Leinart were to tank it.

• R8ER MIKE

lol Tx. you call em crotch rockets and I call em but

• SnB offense defense specialteams

I do have to say that its not that much of a good feeling to be hearing all the question marks around a guy that the Raiders traded a 1st and 2nd round pick for.

Its only preseason, but we really need Carson Palmer to be an ELITE QB….not just a serviceable one.

He is 33 years old.

• R8ER MIKE

* butt ups!!

• bcz24

Listen, I really like what Pryor is doing. He is working his nuts off to get better at this game. He MAY be the future, he may never have a shot, all I am saying is stop with the rush judgments. You cant judge this kid and say he is ready to go on 5 plays.

• TxRaider210

Mike

One things for sure, unless you know the city bumps, you’ll get racked first thing goin to work.lol

• Twocents

Mt. Rushmore makes me sick to my stomach. I hate that monstrocity.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Bcz24 Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:05 pm
    Anybody that Pryor has no shot at starting this season should step back a bit. If Palmer ops & we are out of the race look for Pryor to get the call ahead of lienert.

I know many he want to dismiss the preseason but the coaches & big mck don’t. They saw Pryor do things no other qb on the field could do last week. I’m sure they are super excited & can’t wait to get him up to speed. Palmer tanks ‘ the process will only accelerate. If your going to lose & suffer spotty qb play, you can still sell tix with Pryor filling that roll. No one will pay to watch Palmer suck through another dreary year
    ***********************
    You hate Palmer, we get it, we have all heard it for a year since Hue made the trade. Please don’t try and convince anyone that because Pryor made FOUR plays, that Reg or DA have even an inkling of consideration of starting him. Remember that 2 of those 4 plays had everything to do with Criner bailing out TP. Pryor himself said both throws were poor. Pryor is not NFL ready man, you as the self proclaimed qb guru should be aware of that. If Palmers job is in anyway in jeopardy it is to Leinart not Pryor. No further debate is required, that is an indisputable fact.
    ………………

I think you missed my point. Palmer will & should be the starter no matter what happens during this preseason. He has talent is experienced & at times has been really good in his career. If Palmer stumbles I still do not believe he should be benched. Palmer will need to play at least as long as we are competitive if he is healthy. If Palmer were injured & we are still alive in the playoff race, lienert should & probably would be the next option, simply based on league experience, & familiararity.

However if the raiders are out of the play off picture after 11 or 12 weeks of the season & Carson is struggling then it could make more sense to start Pryor. Pryor could have an extended look, you all ready know what lienert is. Pryor would also sell tix. Would any body pay to watch lienert at the end of a 6 win season?

• alex7

I wonder if 49er fans go this nuts about Colin Caepernick.

• bcz24

We do NOT need Palmer to be elite. There are only 4 ELITE qbs in the NFL (maybe 5 now). We only need Palmer to manage the game… same as Campbell. Manage the game, make some throws here and there to keep the defense honest, and control the ints. Picks happen in this league, but Palmer has to control the poor decisions, that will cut his INTS in half. He just has to be good.

• R8ER MIKE

Tx when(if) you come up for the ride we will have to hook up.
    but what ever you do, do not let them try to make you park
    in the Pentagon parking lot unless you are staying all day and
    most of the night!!!

• bcz24

***********
    This I agree with, Pryor should be given his shot, but only if the season is all done.

• Buckeyeraider

‘Sup fellas.

Watching Pittsburgh vs Carolina. The Steelers just lost another rookie to injury. OLB Sean Spence from The U. I know alot of you guys liked him and were hoping he’d drop to Oak in the 3rd.

It wasn’t quite Joe Theisman, but it was gruesome. Knee bent at an unnatural angle. they were putting him in an air cast. Looked to be done for the season.

This comes on the heel of them losing their 1st rd pick DeCastro for the season last week.

Win, lose or Draw….here’s to Okland getting outta The Emerald City healthy tonight.

• DJ Johnny

You guys wanna rag on Beeech as a “troll” or irritant and he isn’t even in the team photo of the top irrtants in here.

His inocuous posts can easily be ignored if u want and his intention is not to irritate or pizz off anyone…UNLIKE a few others here who’s sole intention is to do just that.

I exort you all to fight the real enemy.

• bcz24

Anybody notice the annoying blue suit NFL.com commercial guy say ‘I have a little ding dong’ lol

25 minutes, gents!

Who’s ready to chew up some seabird and spit’em out?

• Intrepid

Seymour Bush Says: It’s simple.
    When MR gets flustered or overwhelmed, he creates a different name to counter his attack. Kind of a buddy system.
    Sometimes he actually argues with himself. Then makes up with himself. Then praises himself.
    All along thinking no one can see through the charade.////////////Couldn’t tell if you were backing me up or not there, Seymour. But now is not the time. we got 11 days to talk football and bs ,but now let’s look at some “should I stay or should I go’ football. CODE BLACK!!!

Attn: Raider O, Plunk & Hwnrdr

thanks for the kind words this morning. you guys rock

• R8ER MIKE

DJ what’s the good word tonight sir??

• Intrepid

RR, was that list pretty comprehensive or should i look at the MUP list from last year?

• TxRaider210

Mike

I will park at a bar!!

RR

We’re ready to rock this fkn place!

• SnB offense defense specialteams

bcz24 Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:31 pm
    =============================================
    In my opinion, that would be unacceptable. Palmer getting big bucks and gave up a ransom of draft picks. Palmer is here to be a difference maker and reprise those years in Cincy when he threw for all those yards and TDs. He’s too old to just be a game manager because there is little upside to him……he’s pretty much at the ceiling now, which is why “Hue” gave up all those picks.

Darren McFadden alone is not enough…

• bcz24

What up Rock, you arent experiencing any ill effects in Podunk from Isaac are you?

Intrepid,

thanks for bringing up the draft list again and reminding me that I wanted Chapman …

now we’ve got a couple of young beasts waiting in the wings that costed us next to nothing (Bilukidi & Cumbie) maybe even Dom Hamilton!

BigMac = GM of the year