McFadden suited up

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Thursday, August 30th, 2012 at 6:43 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Note: Painfully slow internet could limit update capability . . .

Dennis Allen said he would visit the issue of whether Darren McFadden would see action against Seattle and his answer may come as a surprise.

McFadden is suited up and ready to play. When Allen says football is football and you can’t worry about injuries, he means it. We’ll see how many touches McFadden actually gets.

Also apparently out or listed as “not expected to play” are Sebastian Janikowski, Jacoby Ford, Denarius Moore, Aaron Curry, Stefen Wisniewski and Richard Seymour. No surprises there.

Not expected to play for Seattle are running back Marshawn Lynch, cornerback Walter Thurmond, safety Chris Maragos, linebacker Matt McCoy, guard James Carpenter, wide receiver Doug Baldin, defensive tackle Jason Jones and defensive end Greg Scruggs.

During pregame, former Raiders coach and Seahawks line coach Tom Cable renewed acquaintences with several team employees. Nothing nearly so interesting as last year’s pregame, when Cable and Hue Jackson went through jogging rituals careful to always be on the opposite side of the field from each other.

• bcz24

GOooooo Raiders

***

look for Cable to get some coaching tips from McFadden, again

• JB

WHY?

• TxRaider210

Gonna whoop em!!

• DJ Johnny

Cable for our new OC.

• J Hill

J Hill Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:47 pm
    Even then he is not going to be considered to start over Palmer

————————————————————

Of course not.

I’m only talking about jumping Lienart. I’m not down on Lienart either. I think he’s looked good.

I’m fine with Lienart at 2, but my interest is peaking in this Pryor kid.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Darren McFadden should be in street clothes

• Plunketthead

Whats the address to watch the game on vip?

• Just Fire Baby

Slo-mania continues on like a runaway pinto!!!!

• bcz24

Nope let him play. He missed 9 weeks last year, he needs to get banged around a little before monday night when 11 pansies in powder blue are trying to kill him.

• PlunkforHOF

Plunk.. go vipbox dot tv, click on American football, link is halfway down the list

• http://Heismantrophy.com Mr. Heisman Lombardi

McFadden better be suited up so he can wave to fans and have his picture taken.

• DJ Johnny

vipbox dot tv..

I think.

• TxRaider210

Vipbox dot tv

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Pryor would be better served to watch and learn this year and be brought along.

He’s got a terrific attitude and is ready to work hard. I would rather he get the basics down pat so that he will know how to “use” his athleticsm and not have to “depend” on it.

Like most QBs that go to these big college programs, Pryor needs to learn the QB position from an NFL perspective.

• bcz24

tvembed dot eu always works for me plunk, however i bought preseason live on nfl.com to watch the hd stream live.

• Carl Weathers

RUn DMC stat line: 3 rushes 53,yards

• TxRaider210

dang I am lit.lol

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis The Realist Dirty Raccoon

DJ Johnny Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:48 pm
    Cable for our new OC.
    ::::::::::

I think i would rather have Cable as OC than Knapp.

Knapp’s O = no risk, and not much reward.

• R8ER MIKE

RRS, AM crew is well the AM crew lol lol
    but we do miss you insight and knowledge!!
    With that said we respect what you are going
    to accomplish. And look toward to your return
    once you have hit the big time!!
    That is if you are not too busy or too important for us!! lol lol
    And once you are the boss always remember
    ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT BUT IT MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE!!!
    damn good to hear from you again my friend.

• Plunketthead

Thanks for the link!

• Carl Weathers

I’m watching the sh!thawks pregame show and I didn’t realize that Russell Wilson has the best passer rating in preseason. Impressive for a rook.

• TxRaider210

Knapp’s offense has yet to be seen, but has still put up yards, I will wait.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Denarious Moore getting through camp in the tub is not good. New offense and one has to hope conditioning is up to par.

These guys gotta work on strengthening those hamstrings in the offseason….

Good thing Streeter came through and took advantage of the reps.

• bcz24

The seahawks have been the best team in nearly every statistical category this preseason man. I think they win that division too. Wilson is no joke, I don’t like Carrol but hell of a ballsy move to take that kid and start him.

• http://Heismantrophy.com Mr. Heisman Lombardi

This place is so much more fun without beecham, RaiderRob, or the other idiotic trolls. Go Raiders!

• TxRaider210

Wilson is 5’11 and will get lit up, eventually.imo

• DJ Johnny

R8ERMike = One of the good guys.

• bcz24

Here’s a debatable question. Streater is starting week 1, if he performs as well as he has against a starting defense does he go to the bench when DMo17 is healthy?

• Carl Weathers

I just put a small bet on the game. Pays 3.35 to win, how could I resist!

• bcz24

holy sh1tballs did anyone just see that catch in the panthers game?

• JT

online streaming of the game?

• realtruraider

I wonder if 49er fans go this nuts about Colin Caepernick.

——————————————————-

Yes they do, my brother in law is a 49er fan and he wants Kappy to start

• Carl Weathers

Streamer is this years, uhhh damn can’t think of his name!! Who we the guy that looked awesome all preseason and ended up playing sparingly and eventually got cut for houshurmama?

• Twinkle

SnB offense defense specialteams Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Darren McFadden should be in street clothes
    …………………………….
    And Seymour should be suited up I suppose.As football players go….one is young the other not so young.
    Think I’ll go with DA’s view of the debate.

• Just Fire Baby

***************************

Bench, no, but he will lose some reps.

Realistically, their skillsets actually compliment each other well.

Streater seems like the middle of the field chain-mover, D-Moore is our explosive, working the hashmarks guy.

• Carl Weathers

Streater, f’n autocorrect!

• bcz24

The best part about preseason live on nfl.com is getting to listen to the Raider announcers for the games… although I would really like for Papa to be able to get 1 TOUCHDOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN RAIIIIIIDERS in. LOL

• alex7

the heck does 5’11″ have to do with getting lit up?

Drew Brees and Flutie laugh out loud at you.

The guy can play, threw with accuracy and strength at Wisconsin, threw over 6’4″ monster O-linemen there, and was a legit 2nd round QB prospect.

• bcz24

Alright fellas, game time. Ill check back during breaks.

• TxRaider210

No DMAC yes

• bcz24

Go figure… I said I was happy about listening to Papa and the crew, and I have to listen to Menefee and Moon… blah

• alex7

Carl, what was Derek Hagan, who ended up with the Bills and did fairly well.

• alex7

Raiders are on Fox here in Oregon, gotta love it.

• Twinkle

realtruraider Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I wonder if 49er fans go this nuts about Colin Caepernick.

——————————————————-

Yes they do, my brother in law is a 49er fan and he wants Kappy to start
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Must be all kinds of joy at family get togethers.

• burn_209

Do you guys comment on the game one here or actually use the chat?

• Just Fire Baby

On the Raiders radio feed, they played a clip of Papa doing his patented TD call before commercial.

Only problem, it was a Gradkowski to Murphy TD, lol.

Nothing a little more recent there guys?

• morilla

Plunketthead Says:
    August 30th, 2012 at 6:49 pm
    Whats the address to watch the game on vip?

———

You can also o to NFL.com and get it in HD with a good stream for $10

• Carl Weathers

Oh ya hagan! Best man up !!! Streater reminds me of him.

• DJ Johnny

My vipbox link has Bills game…anyone else having this issue?