Raiders roster moves; down to 53 players

By Steve Corkran
Friday, August 31st, 2012 at 8:39 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders pared 22 players from their roster Friday night in reaching compliance with the league-mandated maximum of 53 players. Here is a list of the players removed from the roster:

Player Position Years
Kaelin Burnett Linebacker Rookie
Chad Kilgore Linebacker Rookie
+Brandon Underwood Safety 3
Curtis Taylor Safety 3
+Marquette King Punter Rookie
Eddy Carmona Kicker Rookie

*Placed on the physically unable to perform list. He is ineligible to play or practice for the first six weeks of the regular season.
+Placed on injured-reserve list

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Stupar’s name kind of surprised me.

• http://ggeden.blogspot.com/ GG

#48 i imagine Underwood will be a candidate for the new IR rule…being eligble to return to the 53 man roster.

• Marks hair

Nobody dropped a solid te?

• rob_raider

Stupar sucked the whole time even the first part of the game last night. Then suddenly he started getting involved. Light went on. He could come back after DVD or chekwa are dealt.

• YoungAmerican

Marks hair Says:
    August 31st, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Nobody dropped a solid te?

===============

Evan Moore. More of a TE/WR hybrid player, though.

As I mentioned above, he was initially signed as a UDFA by the Pakcers in 2008, during McKenzie’s tenure there.

• Just Fire Baby

DVD or Chekwa aren’t being dealt.

Who would give up ANYTHING for them?

• YoungAmerican

If the Raiders are still looking to add a DE/OLB, Adrian Hamilton was cut by the Cowboys. He was impressive this preseason.

• Raidernationdave

Nope….just a bunch of solid deuces.

+++++++++++++++

Marks Hair Says:
    August 31st, 2012 at 9:06 pm
    Nobody dropped a solid te?

• rob_raider

No way we roll with 7 CB’s and 5 LB’s. 5dt’s makes sense b/c of Seymour.

• Raidernationdave

Impressive players don’t get cut.

+++++++++++++

YoungAmerican Says:
    August 31st, 2012 at 9:10 pm

• TxRaider210

Reggie aint done gents, would have liked Kilgore or Stupar to make it though.

• Just Fire Baby

When Curry comes back, they will probably drop a DB, as the same if Jacoby can take over the return role, McCann could be cut by the end of September.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

List of Players Who Shouldn’t Get Too Comfortable:

Jamie Cumbie
    Coye Francies
    Lucas Nix

Cumbie and Nix could easily be re-signed to the PS if they’re bumped off the roster for someone else.

• Mr Green

RegMac is bold. Keeping King is smart. But keeping the OC is unbold.

:mrgreen:

• 504 Raider

Saints have 5 tailbacks on roster and DA has major ties to the team. Maybe Reggie working on something for Pierre Thomas or Chris Ivory?

Also backup center/guard Matt Tennant was waived. A pretty solid player IMO.

• ron69

Some Roster breakdown

Qb’s let’s hope Palmer doesn’t go down or will be a long season
    Rb’s same with Mcfadden
    Te’s Not solid but not need to.
    OL’s above average starting unit below average depth
    Wr’s I think they are overrated i’d rank them about 20 from 32
    Dl’s keeping 5 dt’s means they are not confident in Seymour’s health still team’s best unit
    LB’s Wheeler has pro bowl potential could be best player by the end of the season i don’t like Burris too much but he won’t see the field against passing teams
    DB’s cb’s easily team’s worst unit, after Bartell there are a bunch of number 4 and 5 cb’s sad to see Pat Lee is going to be the nickel corner.
    ST’s after Lechler and Jano this is a highly suspect unit.
    Best case scenario 9-7
    worst case 3-13
    It means we could easily go 6-10 and won’t be surprised.
    Depth is a big concern here

• Intrepid

I don’t know about you but i feel funny saying I love the movie “The Princess Bride” but i just did.

• Intrepid

and it’s on right now.

• Intrepid

Mr Green Says:
    August 31st, 2012 at 9:22 pm

RegMac is bold. Keeping King is smart. But keeping the OC is unbold.

Like I said in my post game report live from Seattle last night, I’ll repeat, I want to see the Raidahs butt roast the chargers to dispell any doubt that Knapp is screwing up the offense. A butt roast is a must. A flat out roasting. Nothing less will be satisfactory.///////////////////////////////Man,you get serious come game time. Who were you? I’m with you all the way but everybody knew that about me, but Mr. Green is in taking no prisoners mode. Cool.

• Intrepid

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

• raidersmartone

”stop saying that”lol

• jballa1223

Hello all, making my debut on this site, although I’ve been reading it for awhile. Raiders team could win the West or be dead last and a top 5 pick. Have to stay healthy because depth is a huge issue, especially at major skill positions. The Gut has a bit of work to do and this roster will not be the one to start the season. It’s round 2 of our offseason bargain hunting.

• UCLA Raiders

Rob_raider Says:
    August 31st, 2012 at 8:56 pm
    I think Seymour may retire.
    _______________________________
    He should retire but will hang on to collect $15M this year before signing with NE Patsies to retire as one. I sound like a broken record but we have AD to thank for Seymour’s contract situation to put us in this kinda bind. Another genius move which in terms of worst AD moves doesn’t even come close to his all time masterpiece of Walker’s contract but close.